This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
    so go to hell with your "speculation". only ship of ours which can live without buffers is oddy.
    Wow, how mature of you, are you like 12? especialy seeing as your explanation, even though logical and possible i admit, is nevertheless still made out of thin air.

Anyway, i see no reason to continue this discusion as it seems most people disagree (thankfully being able to state it in a calm and non personal facion), raise some good points, and i'm willing to agree that my theory can be incorect

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

the truth power of ancient shields and there superiority is

NO BLEED THREW.

they stop 100% of all incoming attacks as long as they have the power to do so.
      and the reason the city has 10 emiters is that it NEEDS all 10 to ensure the entire city is covered.

and theres more to powering things then just putting out the pure voltage, there are things called amps and watts too so while sure with enough naq gens we can generate the same ammoutn of power as a ZPM it cant be supplied fast enough to sustain the shield.

Comment

Wow, how mature of you, are you like 12? especialy seeing as your explanation, even though logical and possible i admit, is nevertheless still made out of thin air.
        i am, infact, 16, and if i say something thats entirely possible, and i get the reply "speculation" all the time," i get terribly annoyed.

Comment

if i say something thats entirely possible, and i get the reply "speculation" all the time," i get terribly annoyed.
          Ah! Same here! I hate it when I get that sort of brush-off response from people.

Comment

I don't understand the argument over what's "speculation" and what's not. I mean seriously, guys, it's a sci-fi show with made up tech, made up power sources and made up people based loosely on bloody MYTHOLOGY. The entire thing is speculation. No argument here has any more weight than another until TPTB confirm one idea or another. At any other point, the best you're going to get in this case is PLOT SHIELDS.
            Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
            Check out my Flickr

Comment

it isnt the size of manhattan, its 4-5km across.

i did love the woolsey thing. "i had to walk all the way back".

the drawback of ancient tech, is its powerfull, yet also takes a ton of power just to activate[in this case, shields]
              That's according to non-canon fan sizings. The show tends to suggest that it's a massive city, and I believe they referenced Manhattan once.
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

the reference to manathan was that searching the whole city for sleeping ancients would take as long as looking in every room of every building of manathan (in the ep with the alternate timeline Weir)

as for the city shield, and the "ARG field" stuff:
                (this if only my vision of it blablabla)

-for the shield to be active, all 10 emitters needs to be online, if not, it wouldn't work at all, like...hmm, if the stargate had a missing quarter of circle, it wouldn't open a 3/4 circle wormhole ^^ , with say 9 emitters the shield generation would be unstable, i see it as if each emitter had it's own "sector" to take care of, but that the lack of one of them would cause the whole to collapse

for the ARG, my theory for the shield also apply

ps: sorry, i tried to reread my post, but talking tech stuff in a foreign language is harder than i thought.

Comment

i am, infact, 16, and if i say something thats entirely possible, and i get the reply "speculation" all the time," i get terribly annoyed.
                  Well "speculation" means that your statement is not a default truth, not that its definetly false or imposible.
                  And i could technicly your annoyence from the missunderstanding of my meaning of "speculation", if your first post wouldnt be the same kind of brush-off response you seem to be annoyed with:
                  the emitters are there so you dont need a massive shield generator. and atlantis doesnt use buffers. if we didnt, our shields would suck
                  What i find annoying is when people take doubting their idea personaly and start flaming as if it was personaly and intentionaly insulted. This is a sci fi show forum, lets be calm and polite, shall we?

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

Working...
                  X