No announcement yet.

Problems with the Ending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree 100% totally stupid ending. Why can't the writers just bring her back. Arg Oh well they kinda tied up the story, there isn't much of a chance for weir comming back.
    Sheppard/Weir Forever

Comment

Finally got round to watching this episode last night. The end just felt so wrong. Atlantis was willing to let the replicators carry on their work with the safeguards in place, the replicators had all proven themselves trustworthy by staying in the chamber they had been confined to instead of trying to escape and Weir had proved herself worthy by killing the dangerous replicator and then handing herself back into Atlantis' custody.
      Aside from the ending being wrong it also felt completely unbelievable.

Comment

The Replicators had proven themselves trustworth
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

I don't know why they wouldn't permanently destroy them once they were through. I mean all they'd have to do is re-dial the gate as the last one stepped through and they could probably catch them all in the vortex without even having to send a jumper.

The fact that it was Weir doesn't change the fact that she was obviously behaving differently since becoming a Replicator. Yes she maintained her morals and good for her, but she was still compromised. I suppose that they could have put her into the VR, but that's obviously not what she wanted. If she arranged for the deception of the other Replicators, she could have surely bargained to be uploaded or whatnot.

Since she willingly stepped through knowing that she wouldn't be coming back, I'd say she didn't have much interest in that.

She probably wanted it to end.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            The Replicators had proven themselves trustworth
            As Koracen showed us, the Asurans were still able to take showers of bullets without even being slowed down. Koracen took tons of bullest from John and didn't even seem fazed by it.

If they wanted to, they could've struck down the, what, 2-3 guards at the lab and made a break for it. But they didn't. They were only genuinely concerned with creating fully human bodies to upload their memories into.

Comment

My view is , that it was a big risk of having a replicator in atlantis. there was no proof that it was weir at all, all the proof there was was her saying im E - weir.

they got enough from them when they downloaded all the technology into there computers and who knows she could of put the co-ordinates for the ship also.

but i admit i bet they wont make use of any of this technology like they ardly NEVER do.!

Comment

Originally posted by decozar View Post
                My view is , that it was a big risk of having a replicator in atlantis. there was no proof that it was weir at all, all the proof there was was her saying im E - weir.

they got enough from them when they downloaded all the technology into there computers and who knows she could of put the co-ordinates for the ship also.

but i admit i bet they wont make use of any of this technology like they ardly NEVER do.!
                Even after the Koracen-debacle, Richard said if repli!Weir(2) wanted to, they would allow her and the remaining Asurans to complete their work.

It was Elizabeth's idea and choice to, instead, "kill" them all.

Comment

Originally posted by AscendedThor View Post
                  its understandable why she betrayed her replicator friends, because after all they did try to sink the city and kill everyone in Atlantis. so she knew they can't be trusted.

But after she fooled all the Replicator to follow her into the gate (going first and transmitting to them from the other side that it was ok) and they all ended up floating in space , the Atlantis team now knew that Weir was loyal to them and not the replicators, so why not send a Jumper to the other side to just pick up Weir.
                  They could then put her in the virtual reality. better than dying in the cold of space isn't it?Also they could get more intell from her. For example she could tell them where the replicators left their ship.
                  I disagree.

Better dying then being stuck in something that isnt real (especially when its Weir we talk about, a character that our friends have known for a LOONG time, i cant believe they could even CONSIDER putting her in there and then simply go on with their lives with their old friend stuck in a virtual reality.)

Comment

weir was evil and deserved the same fate as the replicators she betrayed
                    R.I.P Stargate 1994-2009

Comment

Originally posted by Bossman View Post
                      Seems odd that Woolsey, Sheppard & co would be so concerned over how big a threat the Asurans are, but have no problem with leaving them out in space for anyone to find.
                      I agree. This episode's ending really fell below my expectations ~
                      First of all, the "asian" replicator chick is the one that dials the address = why not have Grier if she was the one "leading them to self doom"

also

its not like one of the sketchy replicators rebelled but it was the scientiest that was convinced he could ascend from a replicator problem if given enough time = the other replicators where actually self sacrificing / anti rage replicators seeking peace and a means to ascend = they have no reason to not want a human body especially after understanding that they couldnt ascend in robot form except into computer programming...

This show had potential to demonstrate that not all replicators are bad and even some are able to fight against their "code" to be something greater
                      essentially we just killed a tribe of peaceful monks after being attacked by other non peaceful replicators..

Comment

I really don't get what happened. If they were downloaded into human bodies, then the moment they stepped into space the bodies would have disintegrated. Furthermore, how is it that their replicator minds didn't detect changing the Gate address??!!

Comment

Originally posted by Davey View Post
                          I really don't get what happened. If they were downloaded into human bodies, then the moment they stepped into space the bodies would have disintegrated. Furthermore, how is it that their replicator minds didn't detect changing the Gate address??!!
                          A few things.

The human body wouldn't disintegrate in space. A person can remain conscious for approx 15 seconds before losing consciousness in space. Death is estimated to take one minute.

The replicators were not in human bodies. They were still replicator nanite bodies.

How would the replicators detect the changing address? It's not like they're in the computers anymore.

sigpic
                          Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                          https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Working...
                          X