• Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new Star Trek game

Looks like star trek is coming out with a MMO themselves

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/...veiled/1236460

Whats everyones take on this.
    sigpic

Frankly I don't give a monkey's about it I'm afraid!
    sigpic

Comment

Been following this game for about 2 years now, maybe more!

Comment

According to the article, you can only choose between the Federation and the Klingons. Lame. There are at least a dozen races that would lend themselves to a prominent role in a ST MMO game.

Originally posted by Prometheus 1
        dude you should have put this in the star trek forum not the general stargate dicussion
        So that's why I couldn't find it anywhere.

Comment

Trek Games seem to fail horribly as they try to put square pegs in round holes..Making a Trek shooter is silly, and not in the spirit of the franchise....
          and how many times can you have starship battles with Romulans and Borg? get's repetitive

They should strive to make a Trek game that is like the "Sims" or "Civilization"...
          where you are trying to expand the UFP and meet alien races..while incorporating elements of commerce, politics, even xenophobia...not sure if this one is like that but...that's the angle they need to take

Comment

Well I actually liked Elite Force (1 and 2), but I admit they weren't very Trek. You know what they say though; if you blindly throw a rock into a game store, there's a 50% chance you'll hit a bad Star Trek game

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
            The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

I haven't ever played a really good Trek game. The starfleet command games were decent, but in the end you were always circling the other ships waiting for your phaser arcs to get in range and reload. StarTrek Armada was the best thus far, but it stepped on a lot of canon toes and the story was crap. Bridge Commander has earned my respect, but was also too repetitive and not very deep.

So yea, hopefully STO will take the good and leave the bad behind

Comment

My favorite Trek game ever was Birth of the Federation.

Comment

Working...
                X