Page 7727 of 7727 FirstFirst ... 672772277627767777177724772577267727
Results 154,521 to 154,528 of 154528
  1. #154521
    General Scary Kitty's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    N UR jumpr, eetng UR turkee sammich!
    Posts
    24,438

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

    Quote Originally Posted by JT-2 View Post
    Please think or pray or whatever you do for me Wednesday mid-day, when I'm having my surgery. The last one went fine, so I'm not terribly nervous. But.

    Thank you!
    *hugs* Thinking of you and hoping everything's going well! *moar hugs*

    Quote Originally Posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    I feel like I've lost days, lol. Busy weekend busting out the fall décor (ahem. Halloween too, because...2020. We deserve it).
    Ohhhh yes, we absolutely deserve Halloween! Still feeling so bad for the kids who aren't going to get a real trick-or-treat this year, when it's going to be a prime year with it on a Saturday with a full moon too.

    Quote Originally Posted by JT-2 View Post
    Yes!! I was watching M*A*S*H the other day, and the laugh track was on way too much. People were "laughing" when nothing was funny.


    See, you get me.
    Yep!

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Red View Post
    I've always hated laugh tracks and can't imagine football with the fake crowd noise. Mr. SR and I watched ET last night and both were annoyed by the soundtrack blasting during the big scenes. As I usually do, I looked on IMDB and saw that the music was award winning and blah blah blah. Guess that's how out of touch we are.
    It's John Williams. I think they're contractually obligated to blast his music. (okay, not really, but you get the idea...)

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Red View Post
    I think it was Lucy and Desi Arnaz who first put on a sitcom with a live audience. A lot of shows followed and the laughs were somewhat natural, but when it wasn't possible, like with Mash, it did tend toward being highly annoying. On the live shows they held up signs that told the audience when to laugh, so that was almost as bad.
    *shudders*
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

  2. #154522
    General Scary Kitty's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    N UR jumpr, eetng UR turkee sammich!
    Posts
    24,438

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

  3. #154523
    First Lieutenant Zandra's Ashes's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In Shep's shadow...
    Posts
    733

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Got my first ever Avenger Amazon box. It was battle scarred in a big way. I feel like the Avengers successfully protected my delivery. It was a titanium cup, but still...it made it without dent or scratch. It made me laugh too much.

    Quote Originally Posted by JT-2 View Post
    Please think or pray or whatever you do for me Wednesday mid-day, when I'm having my surgery. The last one went fine, so I'm not terribly nervous. But.
    Thinking of you! Hope it went well. Thoughts and prayers and all the good cosmic vibes coming your way.
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

  4. #154524
    Colonel JT-2's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bermuda, in my dreams anyway
    Posts
    6,849

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Thank you for the support! It went well. I'll find out in about a week if they found more cancer. I'm more sore this time than I was last time, but it's bearable. My biggest issue was overwhelming tiredness. I ended up taking today out of work and got some naps in. Now I don't feel like my bones themselves are tired. I only intended to take 1/2 day off work, but I was schooled by one of my co-workers who told me in full MOM voice to get off the damn computer and go to bed.


    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Red View Post
    I think it was Lucy and Desi Arnaz who first put on a sitcom with a live audience. A lot of shows followed and the laughs were somewhat natural, but when it wasn't possible, like with Mash, it did tend toward being highly annoying. On the live shows they held up signs that told the audience when to laugh, so that was almost as bad.
    Yes, sometimes you can tell when the laughter is real and that's sooo much better.



    Quote Originally Posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    *hugs* Thinking of you and hoping everything's going well! *moar hugs*
    *Glomps you*


    Ohhhh yes, we absolutely deserve Halloween! Still feeling so bad for the kids who aren't going to get a real trick-or-treat this year, when it's going to be a prime year with it on a Saturday with a full moon too.
    s*
    AND we get the extra hour of sleep cause of Daylight Savings time on the Sunday (it will be my favorite birthday present to myself - an extra hour of sleep!!).



    Quote Originally Posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post

    Thinking of you! Hope it went well. Thoughts and prayers and all the good cosmic vibes coming your way.
    Thank you so much!! I could feel the vibes.

  5. #154525
    Lieutenant General Southern Red's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Location
    working on SGARising
    Posts
    16,419

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JT-2 View Post
    Thank you for the support! It went well. I'll find out in about a week if they found more cancer. I'm more sore this time than I was last time, but it's bearable. My biggest issue was overwhelming tiredness. I ended up taking today out of work and got some naps in. Now I don't feel like my bones themselves are tired. I only intended to take 1/2 day off work, but I was schooled by one of my co-workers who told me in full MOM voice to get off the damn computer and go to bed.




    Yes, sometimes you can tell when the laughter is real and that's sooo much better.





    *Glomps you*




    AND we get the extra hour of sleep cause of Daylight Savings time on the Sunday (it will be my favorite birthday present to myself - an extra hour of sleep!!).





    Thank you so much!! I could feel the vibes.
    I've been thinking about you. So glad it went well and hope the week goes fast but know it won't. Keep busy if possible.

    Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

  6. #154526
    General Scary Kitty's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    N UR jumpr, eetng UR turkee sammich!
    Posts
    24,438

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

    And...it's still foggy out. It's been smoky-foggy for darn near a week. The ferries have all been running late due to poor visibility, we can't even see across the sound (although in the last couple of days we've started to see the faint outline of the opposite side), it's just been WEIRD.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    Got my first ever Avenger Amazon box. It was battle scarred in a big way. I feel like the Avengers successfully protected my delivery. It was a titanium cup, but still...it made it without dent or scratch. It made me laugh too much.
    OMG! Talk about being through the wars, LOL!

    Quote Originally Posted by JT-2 View Post
    Thank you for the support! It went well. I'll find out in about a week if they found more cancer. I'm more sore this time than I was last time, but it's bearable. My biggest issue was overwhelming tiredness. I ended up taking today out of work and got some naps in. Now I don't feel like my bones themselves are tired. I only intended to take 1/2 day off work, but I was schooled by one of my co-workers who told me in full MOM voice to get off the damn computer and go to bed.
    Yay! Good to hear it went well, and LOL about your co-worker going in MOM-mode! (but seriously, though, it's good they're looking out for you )

    Quote Originally Posted by JT-2 View Post
    AND we get the extra hour of sleep cause of Daylight Savings time on the Sunday (it will be my favorite birthday present to myself - an extra hour of sleep!!).
    Heh, there's that too. We kitties do love our sleep.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

  7. #154527
    First Lieutenant Zandra's Ashes's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In Shep's shadow...
    Posts
    733

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    So I just went to post we have the all clear from tiger watch and realized I never mentioned the recent madness that swept through town. So...multiple tiger sightings in my city. Counted cats at the zoo and the local Tiger Haven turned up no big cats missing. City proceeds to lose its mind and goes crazy with memes. Every bar, restaurant, and shop seemed to photoshop their business with a tiger in the front.

    They are now admitting defeat and saying it must have been a bobcat. I have to admit, it was kind of fun while it lasted.

    https://www.wbir.com/article/news/co...5-ef5179a82961

    Quote Originally Posted by JT-2 View Post
    Thank you for the support! It went well. I'll find out in about a week if they found more cancer. I'm more sore this time than I was last time, but it's bearable. My biggest issue was overwhelming tiredness. I ended up taking today out of work and got some naps in. Now I don't feel like my bones themselves are tired. I only intended to take 1/2 day off work, but I was schooled by one of my co-workers who told me in full MOM voice to get off the damn computer and go to bed.

    So glad to hear it went well and hope you continue feeling better. Just recovering from anesthesia is a beast, being sore and uncomfortable takes a toll so thumbs up to that co-worker. Keep getting lots of rest! Will keep sending all the good cosmic energy for healing your way and hope good news comes back.
    Last edited by Zandra's Ashes; September 18th, 2020 at 11:06 AM.
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

  8. #154528
    General Scary Kitty's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    N UR jumpr, eetng UR turkee sammich!
    Posts
    24,438

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

    Weather update: The fog has cleared! I can actually see to the other side of the sound and all the way to the village now! I can even see a faint fuzzy outline in the general direction of Canada. Hooray!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    So I just went to post we have the all clear from tiger watch and realized I never mentioned the recent madness that swept through town. So...multiple tiger sightings in my city. Counted cats at the zoo and the local Tiger Haven turned up no big cats missing. City proceeds to lose its mind and goes crazy with memes. Every bar, restaurant, and shop seemed to photoshop their business with a tiger in the front.

    They are now admitting defeat and saying it must have been a bobcat. I have to admit, it was kind of fun while it lasted.

    https://www.wbir.com/article/news/co...5-ef5179a82961
    OMG, I heard about that on the news. Frakkin' hilarious!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Page 7727 of 7727 FirstFirst ... 672772277627767777177724772577267727

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation
    By Erin in forum SGA Characters and Relationships
    Replies: 6949
    Last Post: December 10th, 2017, 12:42 PM
  2. Daniel Jackson/Elizabeth Weir Ship/Discussion/Appreciation
    By Dr. Elizabeth Weir in forum SG-1 Characters & Relationships
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: January 5th, 2015, 04:51 PM
  3. Jennifer Keller/John Sheppard Discussion/Ship/Appreciation
    By Erised in forum SGA Characters and Relationships
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: September 24th, 2010, 02:14 PM
  4. Jack O'Neill/Elizabeth Weir Ship Discussion/Appreciation
    By Harri in forum SG-1 Characters & Relationships
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: April 19th, 2009, 04:45 AM
  5. Sheppard/Teyla Ship and Sheppard/Weir Ship Discussion Thread
    By Cpt. Ritter in forum SGA Characters and Relationships
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: February 28th, 2006, 10:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •