No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday! (and it really is Wednesday this time, LOL! This is what happens when I do other things like grocery shopping a day early, it throws everything else off! )
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday Smutty Tuesday!

Nope, we're up on the northern edge of the Puget Sound near the Canadian border, about 150 miles away from where the plane was. But we are familiar with the Steilacoom area; it was weird seeing places we know on TV like that.
      I bet that was weird. Glad you were out of range.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday! (and it really is Wednesday this time, LOL! This is what happens when I do other things like grocery shopping a day early, it throws everything else off! )
      Too relatable. My family has a running joke with me and Thursday due to my continuing inability to recognize when it is, in fact, Thursday. It's almost like it's too good to be true that it could be Friday eve so my mind rejects that truth. Funny I say that today, because it's not like it's Thursday. Except that it is, . Many thanks to my Outlook calendar for keeping me sounding sane to my colleagues when I'm in doubt.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
        Very, very weird indeed.

Too relatable. My family has a running joke with me and Thursday due to my continuing inability to recognize when it is, in fact, Thursday. It's almost like it's too good to be true that it could be Friday eve so my mind rejects that truth. Funny I say that today, because it's not like it's Thursday. Except that it is, . Many thanks to my Outlook calendar for keeping me sounding sane to my colleagues when I'm in doubt.
        I know, right? It's like, 'no way the weekend's almost here, it's still gotta be Tuesday!'
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I thought it was just me and Mr. SR who couldn't keep track of the days. When you're retired they all run together. If our iPhone calendars ever cease to work, we're in big trouble. I remember years ago when my MIL retired she told us about how she had to stick to a schedule. It was a headscratcher to us because we figured if you're retired, why would it matter. Now we understand.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Oh, it was monday for me yesterday. First day back at work... and wednesday had been an official holiday so it felt like a monday morning on the road. So today is tuesday... Still, a very short week.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies! Hope you all had a better Pretty Friday than I did...power outages are officially NO FUN. Especially ones that last for TEN FREAKING HOURS.

And now, to go finish the laundry that got interrupted...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Comment

Hi all! I'm back from Cancun. Had a wonderful time, for the most part. The beach was gorgeous and our resort was lovely (once we got by the hang up with checking in, but we got a nice upgrade for our troubles). We got lost one day after going into town to shop, but since it all ended well it's just a good experience. The last day we did an excursion which was a waste of time. We found out later that it's really just a big drinking trip. We do drink, but not heavily. So it was not so much fun for us. And even less fun for me, because having to get on and off the boat over and over sent my anxiety through the roof. I almost fell once.

We sat on the plane for 2 hours for the second part of our flight because of thunderstorms. Thank goodness for anxiety medication, because I'm afraid to fly on a CLEAR day.

Oh, and I didn't know what day it was this week. On Thursday I thought it was Wednesday. I was so disappointed to realize it was Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                      Oh, and I didn't know what day it was this week. On Thursday I thought it was Wednesday. I was so disappointed to realize it was Thursday.
                      Oh goddess, the disappointment when you realize you've missed a whole day...

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Oh, it was monday for me yesterday. First day back at work... and wednesday had been an official holiday so it felt like a monday morning on the road. So today is tuesday... Still, a very short week.
                        Hope you didn't have to cram a full weeks worth of work into a few days.

Good evening, Sparkies! Hope you all had a better Pretty Friday than I did...power outages are officially NO FUN. Especially ones that last for TEN FREAKING HOURS.

And now, to go finish the laundry that got interrupted...
                        Ten hours? Wow. Hope the weather was mild.

Hi all! I'm back from Cancun. Had a wonderful time, for the most part. The beach was gorgeous and our resort was lovely (once we got by the hang up with checking in, but we got a nice upgrade for our troubles). We got lost one day after going into town to shop, but since it all ended well it's just a good experience. The last day we did an excursion which was a waste of time. We found out later that it's really just a big drinking trip. We do drink, but not heavily. So it was not so much fun for us. And even less fun for me, because having to get on and off the boat over and over sent my anxiety through the roof. I almost fell once.

We sat on the plane for 2 hours for the second part of our flight because of thunderstorms. Thank goodness for anxiety medication, because I'm afraid to fly on a CLEAR day.

Glad you had a mostly good time. And why does flying never get easier? I put on a good face, but I'm white knuckling the armrest as soon as we hit the littlest bit of turbulence.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Hope you didn't have to cram a full weeks worth of work into a few days.
                          Unfortunately, that was exactly how it felt thanks to my team lead who messed up my schedule by adding things that weren't supposed to be in there. If it's not her timetable, it's simply not going to be happening. Her way or no way.

So, you can imagine... we are bound to clash since she has no business controling my time table, especially she hasn't the first clue what it is I'm supposed to do for everyone. She doesn't understand the job that I do.

* colleague and I were a recent addition to her team but we don't do the same tasks as what they do and so she's unfamiliar with our time tables.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Ten hours? Wow. Hope the weather was mild.
                            Yep, the weather was quite nice. Sunny, low 70s. Great for sitting under a tree and reading a book.

Good to hear the trip went (mostly) well and you had a great time. That's the important thing, right?

Oh goddess, the disappointment when you realize you've missed a whole day...

Glad you had a mostly good time. And why does flying never get easier? I put on a good face, but I'm white knuckling the armrest as soon as we hit the littlest bit of turbulence.
                            I've only ever flown twice (it was a round trip). It was...interesting. I suppose it might have been better if we were in first class, but I still prefer driving, or the train.

Unfortunately, that was exactly how it felt thanks to my team lead who messed up my schedule by adding things that weren't supposed to be in there. If it's not her timetable, it's simply not going to be happening. Her way or no way.

So, you can imagine... we are bound to clash since she has no business controling my time table, especially she hasn't the first clue what it is I'm supposed to do for everyone. She doesn't understand the job that I do.

* colleague and I were a recent addition to her team but we don't do the same tasks as what they do and so she's unfamiliar with our time tables.
                            Ugh, that sounds so annoying. Is there anyone higher up the chain you can talk to about her?

Comment

About a month until my trip. The weather here is starting to get cooler... sorta. Anyway, I am very much looking forward to fall.
                              sigpic
                              Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Ugh, that sounds so annoying. Is there anyone higher up the chain you can talk to about her?
                                Yup, my previous team lead... who is a lot more accommodating and trusts her teammembers to get the job done, correctly and in the time they put aside for it. She rarely, if ever, came to stick her nose in to demand that we stick to a certain timetable. We were free to be creative thinkers and come up with solutions to benefit the company.

That's currently being snubbed.

And unfortunately, they already know she's rigid and un-accommodating so I simply still don't understand how we end up with her. How our newly formed team ever came close to be part of her domain -- I mean, she doesn't even understand, nor does she pretend to understand, it is that we do. *shrug*

Comment

Working...
                                X