Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I am fully convinced gremlins come in and mess with my iPhone at night. Just when I think iCloud and I have come to an understanding, a thousand pics turn back up on my phone. Even Mr. SR is baffled. I think I've got it fixed now...*goes to check*...yep, so far so good.
    As long as it's pictures you remember taking, I think you shouldn't have to worry too much.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      GO FALCONS!!!

I knew they could do it!!

http://weclipart.com/gimg/CA48504B75...3e754468fb.jpg

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
      I might love my team, but I was kind of relieved heading into the week knowing I'd be knee deep in Orlando theme parks and would miss the game. Then came lunch at the NBC Sports Grill. Damn them and their 100 TVs. Still love my team, but this season band-aids and beer are not enough.
      Oh dear. Well, at least the food was good, right?

I am fully convinced gremlins come in and mess with my iPhone at night. Just when I think iCloud and I have come to an understanding, a thousand pics turn back up on my phone. Even Mr. SR is baffled. I think I've got it fixed now...*goes to check*...yep, so far so good.
      Ruh oh...

We all have years like that. That's part of why college football is so much better than pro.
      Couldn't have said it better myself. College football is awesome.

As long as it's pictures you remember taking, I think you shouldn't have to worry too much.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'm not losing them. They're all in my iPhoto cloud on my desktop. I just don't need them on my phone, but every time I would upload pics from the phone to the computer, all the pics in the cloud would end up on my phone also. I had to tell it not to do that in 3 different places. Sigh.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I'm not losing them. They're all in my iPhoto cloud on my desktop. I just don't need them on my phone, but every time I would upload pics from the phone to the computer, all the pics in the cloud would end up on my phone also. I had to tell it not to do that in 3 different places. Sigh.
            3 different places -- kinda like how iTunes sends me round in circles when I've forgotten my password again.

Comment

3 different places -- kinda like how iTunes sends me round in circles when I've forgotten my password again.
              Ah, passwords. Another problem area. I use 1Password to store mine, but I don't know if it's available for you. Check it out.
              sigpic

Comment

Oh, I will... any help is welcome in that area.

At work, we are supposed to keep our passwords, you know secret from our colleagues... but in order for us to remember them, all of us have written them down somewhere -- some use the back of their calendars, I have a printed paper folded into a boat, on sticky notes (I have a sticky note hidden in my keyboard with my passwords so if someone runs off with my keyboard, I have a problem ).

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Ah, passwords. Another problem area. I use 1Password to store mine, but I don't know if it's available for you. Check it out.
                  Ohhhh password wrangling. I have all of mine in a spreadsheet saved on my Mac, iPhone and iPad.

Comment

Oh, I will... any help is welcome in that area.

At work, we are supposed to keep our passwords, you know secret from our colleagues... but in order for us to remember them, all of us have written them down somewhere -- some use the back of their calendars, I have a printed paper folded into a boat, on sticky notes (I have a sticky note hidden in my keyboard with my passwords so if someone runs off with my keyboard, I have a problem ).
                    Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Ohhhh password wrangling. I have all of mine in a spreadsheet saved on my Mac, iPhone and iPad.
                    Ya'll just made Mr. SR cry. I have to keep the location of where I have my CVV number for my credit card written down because I can't remember it a deep dark secret from him because he would give me a 20 minute lecture on computer security. That's why I have 1Password on all 3 of my devices. Then you only have to remember one password. It will update for you also.

And yes, I am aware that I could store my CVV number in 1Password, but I'm lazy.
                    sigpic

Comment

It doesn't help that we have to change our password every so often, for different applications. I also tend to use my colleagues' names as passwords.

Comment

So as if we needed more proof that Tumblr leads you down a dark path...

One of the posts that came across my dash said “imagine if your icon was the protagonist in the last series you watched...”. Well, my icon is John and Elizabeth and I’m currently binge watching... The Office.

I have no time to write at all lately - I’m actually starting to teach a sign language class tomorrow evening - but the fic bunnies are evil and they’re already deciding who would be who.

Comment

Someone over on Stargate Command was bingewatching SG1 and The Golden Girls, and dreamed about a crossover. I though she should write it too -- it was considered a crackpot idea.

And someone else complained most Tumblr Atlantis fans only seem to ship McShep.
                          Though plenty of Sparkies on Command though.

On that note: why are we calling it Sparky again?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Ya'll just made Mr. SR cry. I have to keep the location of where I have my CVV number for my credit card written down because I can't remember it a deep dark secret from him because he would give me a 20 minute lecture on computer security. That's why I have 1Password on all 3 of my devices. Then you only have to remember one password. It will update for you also.

And yes, I am aware that I could store my CVV number in 1Password, but I'm lazy.
                            I think my objection to using something like 1Password is basically, "I have to remember ANOTHER password for this thing?"

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                            So as if we needed more proof that Tumblr leads you down a dark path...

One of the posts that came across my dash said “imagine if your icon was the protagonist in the last series you watched...”. Well, my icon is John and Elizabeth and I’m currently binge watching... The Office.

I have no time to write at all lately - I’m actually starting to teach a sign language class tomorrow evening - but the fic bunnies are evil and they’re already deciding who would be who.
                            Oh my...

Someone over on Stargate Command was bingewatching SG1 and The Golden Girls, and dreamed about a crossover. I though she should write it too -- it was considered a crackpot idea.

And someone else complained most Tumblr Atlantis fans only seem to ship McShep.
                            Though plenty of Sparkies on Command though.

On that note: why are we calling it Sparky again?
                            https://john-elizabeth.livejournal.com/profile

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

I think my objection to using something like 1Password is basically, "I have to remember ANOTHER password for this thing?"
                              Yes, but the whole point is you only have to remember your master password. It stores all the others for you.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                                Oh, and I forgot: how’s everyone doing?

As well as: OH HOLY COW I hate Photobucket. I haven’t been using it at all lately but now I can’t even access it on my iPad! Does anybody have any recommendations for other photo hosting websites?
                                After what happened to Photobucket i moved over to Imgur for my photos. Works just fine for me.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by (x)

Comment

Working...
                                X