No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    No video today... spend most of the afternoon hiding in the shadow, reading my 13 books.

And then in the evening we BBQ'd at which point one of our neighbors joined us and we talked all evening -- 6ft apart obviously.

Also, was so enthralled in a book that when two neighboring cats got into a Mexican standoff next to my seat, I nearly jumped a mile in the air. I startled them both apart.
    LOL at the cats!

Mmm, BBQ...

No worries about the vid, it will be ready when it's ready.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Speaking of books, Mr. SR and I just read The Eden Paradox by Barry Kirwan. We got it free on Amazon for Kindle and it is unusually good for a freebie. I think you might like it if you like to read SciFi. It's also a series.
    Must keep an eye out for that one.

Mmm interesting -- I shall search for it.

The weather today -- hot and humid. Perfect weather for melting in a puddle on the floor.
    Also, I predict a thunderstorm hitting later... YAY FOR RAIN!! ...we need water you see cause our water supply is running a bit dry.
    I'd send you some of our rain, but I know our trees are going to need it to get through the summer... Hope you get a nice drencher of a storm soon!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

No video today... spend most of the afternoon hiding in the shadow, reading my 13 books.

And then in the evening we BBQ'd at which point one of our neighbors joined us and we talked all evening -- 6ft apart obviously.

Also, was so enthralled in a book that when two neighboring cats got into a Mexican standoff next to my seat, I nearly jumped a mile in the air. I startled them both apart.
      Lol. Cats certainly keep things interesting.

Speaking of books, Mr. SR and I just read The Eden Paradox by Barry Kirwan. We got it free on Amazon for Kindle and it is unusually good for a freebie. I think you might like it if you like to read SciFi. It's also a series.
      Mmm interesting -- I shall search for it.

The weather today -- hot and humid. Perfect weather for melting in a puddle on the floor.
      Also, I predict a thunderstorm hitting later... YAY FOR RAIN!! ...we need water you see cause our water supply is running a bit dry.
      Cool- always looking for book recs. Free is even better. Uncanny timing, I finally got the free Libby account that comes with my local library membership just before everything closed down. It's been incredible to have access to so many free books. I've gotten to read a lot of newer ones as well as the app lets you place holds. I just finished Circe. My Dark Vanessa is on deck.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

LOL at the cats!

Mmm, BBQ...

No worries about the vid, it will be ready when it's ready.

Must keep an eye out for that one.

I'd send you some of our rain, but I know our trees are going to need it to get through the summer... Hope you get a nice drencher of a storm soon!
      Same. We'll have plenty of rain here this weekend. It is a lovely rainy day now. Still I know that summer drought is just around the corner..
      sigpic
      Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

I'm going to be buying an office chair for my house this weekend (since I'll start working from home soon). Any tips on what is good in an office chair?

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          I'm going to be buying an office chair for my house this weekend (since I'll start working from home soon). Any tips on what is good in an office chair?
          We got ours from Office Depot. They are microfiber, are adjustable, have good lumbar support and are very comfy. I don't remember the brand and don't see a name on mine, but we've had them a long time and I doubt this particular model is still available. You can never go wrong with Office Depot. I looked at the website and they have tons of choices.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

No thunderstorm hit, but we did get some rain.

My sister and I were just getting ready for our daily walk. She asked me to check the weather to see if it was gonna rain in the next couple of hours, so I google for the information but the rain beat me to it.

Then when we did leave an hour later, it was again threatening to rain but it remained dry for our entire walk.

I bought a gaming chair as office chair, and I'm never getting anything else ever again. Oh my goddess, so freakin' comfy. It looks and feels like a car seat, and it's literally heaven to sit in it all day --> Nitro Gaming chair
            It doesn't come cheap but it's so worth it.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Speaking of the weather... it is supposed to rain soon here, and it really needs to cause it's so freaking humid that I am an inch away from turning on the A/C.

We got ours from Office Depot. They are microfiber, are adjustable, have good lumbar support and are very comfy. I don't remember the brand and don't see a name on mine, but we've had them a long time and I doubt this particular model is still available. You can never go wrong with Office Depot. I looked at the website and they have tons of choices.

There aren't any Office Depots in RI. We do have a Staples, so that's where we're planning on going.

My sister and I were just getting ready for our daily walk. She asked me to check the weather to see if it was gonna rain in the next couple of hours, so I google for the information but the rain beat me to it.

Then when we did leave an hour later, it was again threatening to rain but it remained dry for our entire walk.

I bought a gaming chair as office chair, and I'm never getting anything else ever again. Oh my goddess, so freakin' comfy. It looks and feels like a car seat, and it's literally heaven to sit in it all day --> Nitro Gaming chair
              Ooh, that looks super cozy! I'll see if there's anything like that at the store. I don't mind paying a bit extra for a really good chair. It's an investment in my back, the way I figure it. I have no idea how my back is going to cope with sitting all day again, when I haven't had to sit all day in many, many years.

Comment

Speaking of the weather... it is supposed to rain soon here, and it really needs to cause it's so freaking humid that I am an inch away from turning on the A/C.

There aren't any Office Depots in RI. We do have a Staples, so that's where we're planning on going.

Ooh, that looks super cozy! I'll see if there's anything like that at the store. I don't mind paying a bit extra for a really good chair. It's an investment in my back, the way I figure it. I have no idea how my back is going to cope with sitting all day again, when I haven't had to sit all day in many, many years.
                Actually I think we may have bought our chairs at Staples, or at least one of them. I remember browsing over there. Our Office Depot is near the Staples, so that's my excuse for not remembering and I'm sticking to it. Mr. SR is older than I am so he doesn't know either.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Actually I think we may have bought our chairs at Staples, or at least one of them. I remember browsing over there. Our Office Depot is near the Staples, so that's my excuse for not remembering and I'm sticking to it. Mr. SR is older than I am so he doesn't know either.

I forget what I'm going into a room for, these days. So I'm certainly not going to say anything.

I ended up buying a Tempurpedic chair that was super comfy. My brother is going to put it together for me. My mechanical skills are pretty much non-existent.

Comment

That looks nice!

I forget what I'm going into a room for, these days. So I'm certainly not going to say anything.

I ended up buying a Tempurpedic chair that was super comfy. My brother is going to put it together for me. My mechanical skills are pretty much non-existent.

Nice- I was going to recommend a Tempurpedic. I bought mine five years ago and it's still in great shape.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Ahhh, I love walking around in blustery weather. Not drenching rain, but breezy and cool with a few sprinkles is awesome.

Sweet! Sounds very comfy, indeed. Don't forget to get a chair mat to protect your floor.
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                          Nice- I was going to recommend a Tempurpedic. I bought mine five years ago and it's still in great shape.
                          Oh good, I'm glad to hear someone else is happy with one of them too!!

Sweet! Sounds very comfy, indeed. Don't forget to get a chair mat to protect your floor.
                          Oh, I didn't think of that. Good idea!!

Comment

My back isn't complaining, and my sister who has a back problem... well, let's just say that she was hard to get back out of my chair once she was sitting down to "test" it.

I also have to fight the cat for space cause they love my chair a great deal.

Don't forget to get a chair mat to protect your floor.
                            I can attest to this -- best invention ever.
                            Also, my sister uses it to practice her ballet so she doesn't slip when she's doing her exercises. Apparently, my floor mat is multi-purpose.

Oh, I didn't think of that. Good idea!!
                            For reference -- here's mine: GTX Trust Gaming floor mat
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday and a restful Memorial Day to all in the US.

My back isn't complaining, and my sister who has a back problem... well, let's just say that she was hard to get back out of my chair once she was sitting down to "test" it.

I also have to fight the cat for space cause they love my chair a great deal.

I can attest to this -- best invention ever.
                              Also, my sister uses it to practice her ballet so she doesn't slip when she's doing her exercises. Apparently, my floor mat is multi-purpose.
                              Heh, that's awesome! If I didn't already have an exercise mat, I'd probably get another chair mat to use.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Comment

Working...
                                X