Page 7669 of 7675 FirstFirst ... 666971697569761976597666766776687669767076717672 ... LastLast
Results 153,361 to 153,380 of 153494

Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    That's gotten more popular here over the years. It helps that Nashville's pro team is pretty good. Now the fans have deemed Nashville as Smashville. Oh...and I think we've discussed this before, but they throw a fish on the ice? Not sure what that's all about. They're not supposed to but someone usually manages to smuggle one in past security.
    Hockey fans are weird. And I say that as one!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

First Lieutenant Zandra's Ashes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Red View Post
    Same is true of NC with the advent of the Hurricanes. I even went to a game with my friend once. Didn't really see the attraction, plus it was cold.
    I like the idea of watching a local league play, nothing professional. Less pressure and more fun. Plus I can't even imagine how loud a arena would be at a pro game. It's why I avoid college/pro basketball games as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Hockey fans are weird. And I say that as one!
    Happy Friday! I think fall weather is finally here and I want to cook all of the crisp weather things. Actually, I just want to eat all the warm savory winter foods, but I suppose someone has to cook them.
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Lieutenant General Southern Red's Avatar

Happy Friday! I think fall weather is finally here and I want to cook all of the crisp weather things. Actually, I just want to eat all the warm savory winter foods, but I suppose someone has to cook them.
    *raises hand* That would be me. So far this month we've had chili and cornbread, chicken and dumplings, and beef barley soup. Plus I made apple bread. I love fall.

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Yay fall and fall foods! Just made my first pumpkin galette of the season last night. And I'm aiming to make some beef and Guinness stew next week.

*raises hand* That would be me. So far this month we've had chili and cornbread, chicken and dumplings, and beef barley soup. Plus I made apple bread. I love fall.
    *wipes drool off chin* Mmm, when's dinner?
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Yay fall and fall foods! Just made my first pumpkin galette of the season last night. And I'm aiming to make some beef and Guinness stew next week.

Leftover soup while we watch the game. If you hurry, you can make it. Think I'll look up a recipe for that Guinness stew. If I can hide the beer from Mr. SR or he'll drink it all before it goes in the stew.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Leftover soup while we watch the game. If you hurry, you can make it. Think I'll look up a recipe for that Guinness stew. If I can hide the beer from Mr. SR or he'll drink it all before it goes in the stew.
    OMG that game was insane.

There's quite a few recipes out there with their own little variations. To get you started in that delicious search, we use this one from Darina Allen.

And now, this week's College Football Roundup! Virginia Tech beat North Carolina 43-41 (in SIX OVERTIMES! ), USC beat Arizona 41-14, Tennessee fell to Alabama 35-13, Air Force beat Hawaii 56-26, and Navy beat South Florida 35-3. On to next week!

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

OMG that game was insane.

There's quite a few recipes out there with their own little variations. To get you started in that delicious search, we use this one from Darina Allen.

And now, this week's College Football Roundup! Virginia Tech beat North Carolina 43-41 (in SIX OVERTIMES! ), USC beat Arizona 41-14, Tennessee fell to Alabama 35-13, Air Force beat Hawaii 56-26, and Navy beat South Florida 35-3. On to next week!
    Thanks for the recipe. It sounds perfect.

Our game was blacked out in this area due to some cable contract BS. Lots of furious Hokie fans in VA. But we were following it on the computer. That was the first time the new 2 point conversion rule was used. Hokies are still jumping and looks like it was a good week for you too.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Thanks for the recipe. It sounds perfect.

Our game was blacked out in this area due to some cable contract BS. Lots of furious Hokie fans in VA. But we were following it on the computer. That was the first time the new 2 point conversion rule was used. Hokies are still jumping and looks like it was a good week for you too.
    Ugh, cable blackouts suck. Hope everyone's fury rattles the cage of whatever idiot signed off on that contract. But the game went well, so there's that. Definitely a good week for us, now we get a bye before facing the Oregon Ducks. At least it's a home game, so we'll be at the Coliseum instead of Autzen Stadium.

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Oh... by the way... I met Willa Holland over the weekend (Speedy in Arrow). She was amazing.

Edit
    Tormund from Game of Thrones still looks like that -- I doubt the actor's gonna change his look any time soon.
    And Christopher Lambert has grown old... looked a bit sluggish to me even, though spoke really good French from what I heard as I stood waiting in line for an autograph from Willa.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

Did you all see the new Star Wars trailer? It was awesome!!!!!!!!

I did catch it, but most of my emotional energy today was spent on election day coverage, so I didn't feel like I had much to say about it.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Quote Originally Posted by JT-2 View Post
    First thing I did waking up this morning... nothing else mattered.

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

Just saw it and it must be an age thing that I can't remember anybody's name, only care about the old guys, the Wookie and the Droids. I took SR Jr. to see the original when he was a babe in arms. He grew up playing with every toy imaginable, and we watched the early movies over and over as a family, but I just can't care about the new people even though we'll probably go see it for the oldies.

Spoiler:
    Rey, Finn, Marie (that's not her character name, can't remember that right now), BB-8, Poe, Kylo Ren, ... and I swear there was something in my eye when Leia appeared...

Edit:
    Puts spoiler-tags just in case...

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Oh... by the way... I met Willa Holland over the weekend (Speedy in Arrow). She was amazing.

Edit
    Tormund from Game of Thrones still looks like that -- I doubt the actor's gonna change his look any time soon.
    And Christopher Lambert has grown old... looked a bit sluggish to me even, though spoke really good French from what I heard as I stood waiting in line for an autograph from Willa.
    Glad you had a great time!

Just saw it and it must be an age thing that I can't remember anybody's name, only care about the old guys, the Wookie and the Droids. I took SR Jr. to see the original when he was a babe in arms. He grew up playing with every toy imaginable, and we watched the early movies over and over as a family, but I just can't care about the new people even though we'll probably go see it for the oldies.
    Hmm, must be an age thing for me too. I know who everyone is, but I'm just not feeling it for these new movies (though Finn is awesome and was totally cracking me up in Force Awakens). Didn't feel it for the prequel trilogy, either. Oh well. *shrugs*

Spoiler:
    Rey, Finn, Marie (that's not her character name, can't remember that right now), BB-8, Poe, Kylo Ren, ... and I swear there was something in my eye when Leia appeared...

Edit:
    Thanks, but I won't remember those until the movie opens.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Glad you had a great time!

Hmm, must be an age thing for me too. I know who everyone is, but I'm just not feeling it for these new movies (though Finn is awesome and was totally cracking me up in Force Awakens). Didn't feel it for the prequel trilogy, either. Oh well. *shrugs*
    I've been seeing a bit of sarcasm on Twitter, so I guess I'm not alone. Still looking forward to it though for the action and the oldies.

First Lieutenant Zandra's Ashes's Avatar

Yum! I made a crockpot full of chili and then a few days later a crockpot full of vegetable beef soup. That Guinness Stew sounds great- I wonder if it's anything like the Flemish Beef Stew I keep meaning to make. I had it in Belgium and loved it. Now I also want to make a steak and ale pie- I ate that for every other meal when I was in Scotland, lol.

Edit
    I heart Tormund. He moved into my number one GoT crush spot after the finale bumped Jamie. Cool you were able to meet him and Willa. She is adorable. Loved her in Arrow.

I'm nervecited to watch it. I am (it's sad, I know) so stressed out about this movie. I really hope it checks all the boxes to bring the series to a satisfying close. That rarely seems to happen these days.
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    I did catch it, but most of my emotional energy today was spent on election day coverage, so I didn't feel like I had much to say about it.
    Oh no! I hope the elections went the way you wanted them to.

I'm older than you are, missy, so don't go playing the age card.

But I hear what you and Southern Red are saying. When I saw the first one of the new series I didn't care about the new characters either. But then The Last Jedi made me fall in love.
    Spoiler:
    And Adam Driver looks very hot all soaking wet.

Spoiler:

Edit:
    You're probably thinking of Rose?

I'm nervecited to watch it. I am (it's sad, I know) so stressed out about this movie. I really hope it checks all the boxes to bring the series to a satisfying close. That rarely seems to happen these days.
    Oh I feel the same way. I love these movies sooooooo much. They've been an important part of my life, and I want it to end well.

I still am going back and forth on the idea of spoiling myself before seeing it.

I heart Tormund. He moved into my number one GoT crush spot after the finale bumped Jamie. Cool you were able to meet him and Willa. She is adorable. Loved her in Arrow.
    Oh no... I didn't get to meet Tormund. I saw him from a distance of about 3 meters away. Guy was overpricing his autographs and photoshoots. There was no way in hell I was going to pay 65 euro for an autograph. He even dared to ask 90 euro for an autograph + selfie.

Same with Mathew Lewis (Neville from Harry Potter) -- was excited until I saw the prices for his autographs and photoshoot. No sir, you may be an awesome guy but hell no, I'm paying that amount for your autograph/photo.

You're probably thinking of Rose?
    YES!! Rose Tico!!
    Thank you.

Need a good laugh today? Twin report:

Spoiler:
    1. The twins are on the cusp of walking. They can stand up alone and walk with assistance. Thing 2 is fond of using their rolling cooler as a walker and pushes it all around the kitchen island. Thing 1 gets so excited when he stand alone that he promptly falls down.

2. Thing 2 plays fetch with the dog.

3. Thing 1 has found a loose piece of floorboard and is systematically trying to dismantle the living room.

4. They love cauliflower puffs.

5. Mom walked into their room after a nap and they were standing up hitting each other on the head with a stuffed animal and laughing hysterically.

6. On Sat they were all dressed and ready for a trip to the mall when Thing 1 picked up a glass of water and dumped it on his head. He reportedly enjoyed it quite a bit.

Page 7669 of 7675 FirstFirst ... 666971697569761976597666766776687669767076717672 ... LastLast