Page 7551 of 7551 FirstFirst ... 655170517451750175417548754975507551
Results 151,001 to 151,011 of 151011

Thread: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Lieutenant General Southern Red's Avatar

Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Yeah, I'll probably have the TV on in the background as well. In addition to the NASA website, NASA TV (for those of us in the US) will have it, and I think CSPAN will be carrying the NASA feed as well. The Science Channel is also going to have a block of coverage, and all the networks are going to be breaking in with their special reports. Pandemonium.
    Pandemonium indeed. We talked to a friend who works for NASA this morning. He's a genuine rocket scientist. LOL And he said they're all atwitter and planning a big viewing party. We always get more info than we're capable of understanding from him.

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Second Lieutenant Zandra's Ashes's Avatar

It is been insane here. Schools cancelled, hotels sold out. A town over, they told everyone to get all the food and medicine they needed and to not leave their home today because the traffic got so bad last night. We had tickets to a viewing festival with music and food trucks, but I've decided against sitting in hours of traffic for a few more seconds of totality. Picnic on the back porch it is. As excited as I am to experience this, I'm going to be a bit relieved when this is all over.
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Red View Post
    Pandemonium indeed. We talked to a friend who works for NASA this morning. He's a genuine rocket scientist. LOL And he said they're all atwitter and planning a big viewing party. We always get more info than we're capable of understanding from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    It is been insane here. Schools cancelled, hotels sold out. A town over, they told everyone to get all the food and medicine they needed and to not leave their home today because the traffic got so bad last night. We had tickets to a viewing festival with music and food trucks, but I've decided against sitting in hours of traffic for a few more seconds of totality. Picnic on the back porch it is. As excited as I am to experience this, I'm going to be a bit relieved when this is all over.
    Yikes! Makes me glad we're out here away from that nonsense. Heck, even the ferries have posted an advisory to be safe when viewing the eclipse while onboard. And they say people go crazy over a full moon? This takes the cake.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Watching the live feed, and I've seen three totalities now!

Most exciting, the moment totality ends and you can spot the diamant. The corona is cool but the diamant is wicked.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1201&dateline=1311771170
    icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

Lieutenant General Southern Red's Avatar

It got pretty dark here, like maybe late afternoon just after sunset. The animals all got quiet and the crickets started chirping.

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

I've seen 5 totalities, 4 from telescope feeds and 1 from the ground in the Great Smoky mountains.

I'm super-hyped at the moment. And I have yet to see the new Game of Thrones episode.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1201&dateline=1311771170
    icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

The eclipse was really cool. And weird, seeing the light dim to almost dusk, yet the sun was still so high in the sky. The crescents in the tree shadows were also neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I'm super-hyped at the moment. And I have yet to see the new Game of Thrones episode.
    OMG. You're in for some shocks.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    OMG. You're in for some shocks.
    Saw it coming from a mile away -- that one thing.

But the end shot with the eye was really cool.

Second Lieutenant Zandra's Ashes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Red View Post
    It got pretty dark here, like maybe late afternoon just after sunset. The animals all got quiet and the crickets started chirping.
    Same thing here, I was cracking me up until I got in the way of a deer bolting across my yard. I should have known, I normally see that deer every night...just before sunset.

That was a great frame.

Watching GOT has me channeling my inner Daenerys, all I need is a dragon of my own. A man called me baby this morning during a meeting. Hardly ever happens and had it had been from an otherwise decent human, I would have brushed it off. I live in the south, everyone is a dear, sugar, and honey; you get used to it. But baby from his mouth? *Shudders*. Smoke vented out my ears and out of my mouth..."Dracarys." He blinked in confusion while the woman next to me turned red trying not to laugh.
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

I have a bunch of shoulder dragons (handmade by Trollart, a lady from Germany) on the dashboard of my car -- you may always borrow one.

There's a ... err... how many do I have... *counts names*... there we go, 14 dragons (and number 15 will join the club on the 24th of September when we're visiting Elf Fantasy Fair in Arcen, The Netherlands):

Florian = white
    Tristan = brown
    Pendragon = black
    Eire = green
    Albion = purple
    Fiesta = magenta
    Saphira = blue
    C-3PO = golden yellow
    Falkoer = grey
    Temeraire = black with fluff
    Blue = small and blue
    Elsa = lightblue
    Lucifer = mix of orange, yellow and red
    Fluffy = fluffy and purple

And the dragon isn't named until I've seen it.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Ohhhhh yeah, that one thing was totally obvious. And yeah, that shot was awesome.

Same thing here, I was cracking me up until I got in the way of a deer bolting across my yard. I should have known, I normally see that deer every night...just before sunset.

That was a great frame.

Watching GOT has me channeling my inner Daenerys, all I need is a dragon of my own. A man called me baby this morning during a meeting. Hardly ever happens and had it had been from an otherwise decent human, I would have brushed it off. I live in the south, everyone is a dear, sugar, and honey; you get used to it. But baby from his mouth? *Shudders*. Smoke vented out my ears and out of my mouth..."Dracarys." He blinked in confusion while the woman next to me turned red trying not to laugh.
    Baffling the idiots is always good revenge.

I have a bunch of shoulder dragons (handmade by Trollart, a lady from Germany) on the dashboard of my car -- you may always borrow one.

There's a ... err... how many do I have... *counts names*... there we go, 14 dragons (and number 15 will join the club on the 24th of September when we're visiting Elf Fantasy Fair in Arcen, The Netherlands):

Florian = white
    Tristan = brown
    Pendragon = black
    Eire = green
    Albion = purple
    Fiesta = magenta
    Saphira = blue
    C-3PO = golden yellow
    Falkoer = grey
    Temeraire = black with fluff
    Blue = small and blue
    Elsa = lightblue
    Lucifer = mix of orange, yellow and red
    Fluffy = fluffy and purple

And the dragon isn't named until I've seen it.
    Squeeeeeee, they're so cute!