Page 7597 of 7597 FirstFirst ... 659770977497754775877594759575967597
Results 151,921 to 151,933 of 151933
  1. #151921
    Coach Falcon Horus's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    In 3rd place with our Belgian Devils!
    Posts
    31,883

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JT-2 View Post
    That's great! I tried talking to my brother and sister-in-law about the World Cup and they were just like "why were you even watching that?" But I did really get into it, even if I didn't understand it all.
    Game play or rules of the game?

    Cause with the VAR this year, game play was occasionally put on hold for closer inspection of the mistake.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1201&dateline=1311771170
    icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 5 of SG-1

  2. #151922
    Full Back Zandra's Ashes's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In Shep's shadow...
    Posts
    486

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Red View Post
    Skinny but with solid muscles. Just sayin'. I remember standing in line for my photo with him and the person in front of me warning me that when you first see him he takes your breath away. And it was true. I didn't believe it was possible, but he's better looking in person. Mr. SR agreed with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by JT-2 View Post
    I agree with every word of this.
    Oh dear. I have the sudden urge to work out in a proper gym and find a Xanax to save for next year, just in case I can make the photo op happen. I walk almost every day so I won't become that out-of-breath-tourist that locals make fun of in all the walking cities I visit, but muscles? Hmm. Yes, they must be in there somewhere under that fluffy lining courtesy of burgers, the occasional beer, and frequent dark chocolate. And all things Italian. I'm still a hold out; I completely embrace the carb life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Red View Post
    Thought you would. Did you ever watch Sleepy Hollow? It had a similar shippy situation plus an actor with a great voice. I'd pay to see Tom Ellis and Tom Mison in something together. Reading the dictionary? Anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Same. But for me Croatia is the true victor. Modric got the award for best player (leaving our very own Eden Hazard and France's Griezmann behind him). Best goalie award goes to our very own Thibeau Courtois -- he earned it.

    Sleepy Hollow's Tom Mison is awesome. And the show itself is really sweet too. I'm still peeved it got cancelled cause I was really loving the rebooted continuation.
    Adding that show to the watch list. I finished Continuum and am checking out the Expanse now. Two shows in. Verdict is still out for me, but I remember someone here said to push past the few epps, so onward I go.
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

  3. #151923
    Coach Scary Kitty's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    N UR jumpr, eetng UR turkee sammich!
    Posts
    23,677

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

    Quote Originally Posted by JT-2 View Post
    Attachment 42666


    Damn France.
    Indeed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    Oh dear. I have the sudden urge to work out in a proper gym and find a Xanax to save for next year, just in case I can make the photo op happen. I walk almost every day so I won't become that out-of-breath-tourist that locals make fun of in all the walking cities I visit, but muscles? Hmm. Yes, they must be in there somewhere under that fluffy lining courtesy of burgers, the occasional beer, and frequent dark chocolate. And all things Italian. I'm still a hold out; I completely embrace the carb life.
    Same here; never giving up my carbs. I love my pasta and bread way too much.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

  4. #151924
    Goalkeeper Southern Red's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Location
    working on SGARising
    Posts
    16,045

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JT-2 View Post
    No I never watched Sleepy Hollow. Should I watch it after I'm done with Lucifer?
    Definitely, but go into it knowing it reboots and then gets cancelled and you won't be too disappointed. Maybe. Personally, Mr. SR and I didn't much like the reboot. The characters were great in most cases but it just wasn't right somehow.

    Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

  5. #151925
    Defensive Midfielder Infinite-Possibilities's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,664

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    Adding that show to the watch list. I finished Continuum and am checking out the Expanse now. Two shows in. Verdict is still out for me, but I remember someone here said to push past the few epps, so onward I go.
    Yeah, that was me. I suggested you get to at least Episode 4 before you decide you aren't interested. Perhaps it will turn out that every new person I recommend the show to will have not liked it, but it's still my favorite show.

    Oh well, at least I got my immediate family to be new regular viewers of it.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

    *You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

    "Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

    "Elizabeth..."

  6. #151926
    Winger JT-2's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bermuda, in my dreams anyway
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Game play or rules of the game?

    Cause with the VAR this year, game play was occasionally put on hold for closer inspection of the mistake.
    All of it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    Adding that show to the watch list. I finished Continuum and am checking out the Expanse now. Two shows in. Verdict is still out for me, but I remember someone here said to push past the few epps, so onward I go.
    Someone just told me to do that with The Lord of the Rings trilogy. I watched about 1/2 the first one and got too bored. But this person told me to stick through the first movie and then the others would be great. But that's a long @ss first movie to get through.


    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Red View Post
    Definitely, but go into it knowing it reboots and then gets cancelled and you won't be too disappointed. Maybe. Personally, Mr. SR and I didn't much like the reboot. The characters were great in most cases but it just wasn't right somehow.
    Good to know. It's added to my list.

  7. #151927
    Coach Falcon Horus's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    In 3rd place with our Belgian Devils!
    Posts
    31,883

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JT-2 View Post
    All of it.
    I reccommend watching Bend It Like Beckham -- British film with Keira Knightley among others about a women's soccer team. The whole game is explained somewhat in it. Also with Parminder Nagra (I think her name is). Especially the off-side rule is explained in a way you'll never forget it again.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1201&dateline=1311771170
    icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 5 of SG-1

  8. #151928
    Full Back Zandra's Ashes's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In Shep's shadow...
    Posts
    486

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    Yeah, that was me. I suggested you get to at least Episode 4 before you decide you aren't interested. Perhaps it will turn out that every new person I recommend the show to will have not liked it, but it's still my favorite show.

    Oh well, at least I got my immediate family to be new regular viewers of it.
    I'm pretty sure it's got its claws in me. One of the story lines more than the others at this point, I think I could watch if it was nothing but Holden and his crew, but I figure I'll get there with the others since I'm sure all three will collide sooner or later. Very character driven. And I love seeing the Mars base. Reminds me of reading Artemis by Andy Weir.

    Quote Originally Posted by JT-2 View Post
    All of it.

    Someone just told me to do that with The Lord of the Rings trilogy. I watched about 1/2 the first one and got too bored. But this person told me to stick through the first movie and then the others would be great. But that's a long @ss first movie to get through.

    Good to know. It's added to my list.
    That is a long movie for a leap of faith! I'd heard of the Expanse books and had never got around to reading them, so I was rooting to like the show before I even watched one epp (though it still cracks me up that I knew about the books, but had no idea the series was out there. How does that happen? What else have I missed? Eek. Anyway...). If anything, I might have been hoping to not like it since my favorite shows always get cancelled. I think I always go in to a new series with that mindset now. Afraid to like anything. That kind of sucks. But, I'm liking the Expanse.

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I reccommend watching Bend It Like Beckham -- British film with Keira Knightley among others about a women's soccer team. The whole game is explained somewhat in it. Also with Parminder Nagra (I think her name is). Especially the off-side rule is explained in a way you'll never forget it again.
    Love, love, love this movie. I had to look up the off-side scene though as I'd forgotten. Lol. That mom. I've got to watch this again. Stat.
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

  9. #151929
    Coach Falcon Horus's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    In 3rd place with our Belgian Devils!
    Posts
    31,883

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    Love, love, love this movie. I had to look up the off-side scene though as I'd forgotten. Lol. That mom. I've got to watch this again. Stat.
    Whenever the "I'm feeling hot, hot, hot" song comes up in my playlist, my sister and I recall Bend It Like Beckham and sing along -- apart from the Indian lines... we skip those.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1201&dateline=1311771170
    icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 5 of SG-1

  10. #151930
    Coach Scary Kitty's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Location
    N UR jumpr, eetng UR turkee sammich!
    Posts
    23,677

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Red View Post
    Definitely, but go into it knowing it reboots and then gets cancelled and you won't be too disappointed. Maybe. Personally, Mr. SR and I didn't much like the reboot. The characters were great in most cases but it just wasn't right somehow.
    Heck, I didn't even make it to the reboot. Some of the plot twists in Season 2 annoyed me enough to drop the show. Oh well.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

  11. #151931
    Goalkeeper Southern Red's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Location
    working on SGARising
    Posts
    16,045

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I reccommend watching Bend It Like Beckham -- British film with Keira Knightley among others about a women's soccer team. The whole game is explained somewhat in it. Also with Parminder Nagra (I think her name is). Especially the off-side rule is explained in a way you'll never forget it again.
    Great movie. We just may have to watch that again, but I didn't remember much about soccer. My brain just doesn't retain the rules. Same with hockey, which is just soccer on ice to me. Now football is another story, and yes I know that doesn't make sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Whenever the "I'm feeling hot, hot, hot" song comes up in my playlist, my sister and I recall Bend It Like Beckham and sing along -- apart from the Indian lines... we skip those.
    Years ago when we went to the Bahamas that song was playing everywhere. Every time I hear it I get a craving for a Bahama Mama.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!



    Heck, I didn't even make it to the reboot. Some of the plot twists in Season 2 annoyed me enough to drop the show. Oh well.
    We had the same reaction to Lucifer and won't bother with the Netflix version. It just seems to have run out of steam.

    Mr. SR and I had a discussion just recently on why shows never stay with a winning formula. Why don't showrunners look at shows like NCIS, CSI and even that senior citizen fave Law and Order? They have a good system and stick to it and stay on for years and years. I know actors quit or screw up (I'm looking at you Lethal Weapon and When Calls the Heart) but most of the time the show never recovers because they make a bad decision on casting. That said, I have high hopes for Lethal Weapon because what's his name's hair got on my last nerve, but WCtH without ****. I don't think so. Why not recast the actor? *end rant*

    Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

  12. #151932
    Full Back Zandra's Ashes's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In Shep's shadow...
    Posts
    486

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    I just saw- it was the anniversary of Rising yesterday. 14 years.
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

  13. #151933
    Winger JT-2's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bermuda, in my dreams anyway
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    I was able to guess my way into an A on my first anatomy quiz. I am HATING THIS CLASS!! It's just pure memorization and my brain is old and tired. Oh, and I couldn't get out of the math and English courses that are required by this program. They said my transcript was too old. FRACK THAT! I was a freaking math major but you're going to make me take a basic math class?! They just want more money out of me.


    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I reccommend watching Bend It Like Beckham -- British film with Keira Knightley among others about a women's soccer team. The whole game is explained somewhat in it. Also with Parminder Nagra (I think her name is). Especially the off-side rule is explained in a way you'll never forget it again.
    I saw that a long time ago but don't remember it. I'll have to rewatch it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    That is a long movie for a leap of faith! I'd heard of the Expanse books and had never got around to reading them, so I was rooting to like the show before I even watched one epp (though it still cracks me up that I knew about the books, but had no idea the series was out there. How does that happen? What else have I missed? Eek. Anyway...). If anything, I might have been hoping to not like since my favorite shows always get cancelled. I think I always go in to a new series with that mindset now. Afraid to like anything. That kind of sucks. But, I'm liking the Expanse.
    Yes it is a long movie for a leap of faith! I feel the same way about watching new shows. I'm still bitter at NBC for how they treated Timeless.


    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Red View Post
    We had the same reaction to Lucifer and won't bother with the Netflix version. It just seems to have run out of steam.

    Mr. SR and I had a discussion just recently on why shows never stay with a winning formula. Why don't showrunners look at shows like NCIS, CSI and even that senior citizen fave Law and Order? They have a good system and stick to it and stay on for years and years. I know actors quit or screw up (I'm looking at you Lethal Weapon and When Calls the Heart) but most of the time the show never recovers because they make a bad decision on casting. That said, I have high hopes for Lethal Weapon because what's his name's hair got on my last nerve, but WCtH without ****. I don't think so. Why not recast the actor? *end rant*
    I'm on season 3 of Lucifer and I'm actually still liking it. It has slowed down a bit, to be sure. But I'll definitely watch the Netflix version.

    As for your second point, I think shows with a formula like that get way too boring. I used to be really into NCIS years ago but then I got sick of how nothing ever really changed. *shrugs*


    Quote Originally Posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    I just saw- it was the anniversary of Rising yesterday. 14 years.
    Happy anniversary to Atlantis!!!

Page 7597 of 7597 FirstFirst ... 659770977497754775877594759575967597

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation
    By Erin in forum SGA Characters and Relationships
    Replies: 6949
    Last Post: December 10th, 2017, 12:42 PM
  2. Daniel Jackson/Elizabeth Weir Ship/Discussion/Appreciation
    By Dr. Elizabeth Weir in forum SG-1 Characters & Relationships
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: January 5th, 2015, 04:51 PM
  3. Jennifer Keller/John Sheppard Discussion/Ship/Appreciation
    By Erised in forum SGA Characters and Relationships
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: September 24th, 2010, 02:14 PM
  4. Jack O'Neill/Elizabeth Weir Ship Discussion/Appreciation
    By Harri in forum SG-1 Characters & Relationships
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: April 19th, 2009, 04:45 AM
  5. Sheppard/Teyla Ship and Sheppard/Weir Ship Discussion Thread
    By Cpt. Ritter in forum SGA Characters and Relationships
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: February 28th, 2006, 10:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •