No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    You're welcome.

And yes, the bunny is back with us. The lady of the B&B we stayed at last week brought him outside when we arrive, going "You've got some explaining to do why he was left behind." -- It was the cutest.

But he's back and a-okay.
    Awww, how cute! Glad the little bunny is back where he belongs!

And having to go back to the Greenbank Farmhouse was actually a blessing because there was a congestion on the M6 freeway which ran all the way to Blackpool and well passed Manchester so we took the scenic route from Lancaster to York instead. And thus drove passed an American NSA spy-project disguised as an R.A.F. airbase, but their "golf balls" -- radomes -- were really standing out in the landscape.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Stitch!!! I love Stitch! I have a stuffed beagle myself. He's not named. I should probably name him. Any good ideas?
    Darwin
    He had a beagle.
    Darwin! I like it!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*melting*

York -- warm but okay.
        London -- too hot.

And home too is way too hot.

I want to go back to Scotland.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

You're welcome.

And yes, the bunny is back with us. The lady of the B&B we stayed at last week brought him outside when we arrive, going "You've got some explaining to do why he was left behind." -- It was the cutest.

But he's back and a-okay.

And having to go back to the Greenbank Farmhouse was actually a blessing because there was a congestion on the M6 freeway which ran all the way to Blackpool and well passed Manchester so we took the scenic route from Lancaster to York instead. And thus drove passed an American NSA spy-project disguised as an R.A.F. airbase, but their "golf balls" -- radomes -- were really standing out in the landscape.

Darwin
          He had a beagle.
          *melting*

York -- warm but okay.
          London -- too hot.

And home too is way too hot.

I want to go back to Scotland.
          What a cute story. Glad the bunny has a happy ending for vacay. Sorry you are back in the heat and- I'm guessing- back to the grind of work.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
            What a cute story. Glad the bunny has a happy ending for vacay. Sorry you are back in the heat and- I'm guessing- back to the grind of work.
            Heat -- yes. At least one more day. The forecast promised thunderstorms, rain and a temperature around 25 degrees celsius. But so far, no thunderstorm, no rain and certainly no 10 degree drop.

Work -- nope. Not until next week thursday at least.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Heat -- yes. At least one more day. The forecast promised thunderstorms, rain and a temperature around 25 degrees celsius. But so far, no thunderstorm, no rain and certainly no 10 degree drop.

Work -- nope. Not until next week thursday at least.
              Our forecast is showing showers Friday evening into Saturday. Hope it holds up, we could use some rain up here.

Comment

We got some serious winds, lightning and thunderstorm stuff during the night. Slept through two occurences so I don't know how severe the last two were but the yard is covered in broken off twigs and branches from the neighbor's trees.

And my dad found a toy from a swimmingpool in his yard... blown in from some adjacent garden, either the one on the right but we think it could be more from one on the left and that means it was picked up at least 2 yards earlier before it made its way into his.

Comment

I'm so glad the bunny was found!!!

We're in the middle of a heat wave here. 90+ degrees F, 32 C. And humid as hell. I'm sick of it.

I have my final in anatomy tomorrow. It's 9 essay questions which he gave us. It's a lot of info per question, so it's actually harder than it sounds. Since I did so well on the quizzes (thank you, God, for the invention of multiple choice) and the final is worth only 20 percent, I know that even if I get a zero I will pass with a C. So my level of motivation for memorizing this huge chunk of info is pretty low. I've already decided I'm not going to even try to answer 2 of the 9 questions. My geeky desire for an A has been passed by my brain's capacity level reaching its limit.

And then next Monday I'm off to Cancun!!! Yes it will be hot, but I'll have the ocean to go into!

Oh yeah, I watched 2 SGA eps this morning - McKay and Mrs. Miller and Phantoms. Neither of them have much Elizabeth so they're not my faves. Although I like John's exasperated "I'm sorry for shooting everybody!"
                  Last edited by JT-2; 08 August 2018, 12:57 PM.

Comment

As long as multiple choice isn't graded in the manner that punishes guessing.

Over here, multiple choice is usually graded as such: a correct answer gives you +1, but a wrong one isn't 0 points but -1 instead. It's a way to dissuade students from guessing the answer instead of knowing the answer. Thereby you would have to be sure about at least half of the questions. Basically, our reasoning has always been, if you don't know, don't answer. If you're not sure, take a guess but be sure about the guess.

I hate multiple choice.

Comment

Over here, multiple choice is usually graded as such: a correct answer gives you +1, but a wrong one isn't 0 points but -1 instead. It's a way to dissuade students from guessing the answer instead of knowing the answer. Thereby you would have to be sure about at least half of the questions. Basically, our reasoning has always been, if you don't know, don't answer. If you're not sure, take a guess but be sure about the guess.

I hate multiple choice.
                      Ours is different. If you get it wrong, you just get 0 points. So guessing is encouraged. I'd hate your way.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

We're in the middle of a heat wave here. 90+ degrees F, 32 C. And humid as hell. I'm sick of it.

I have my final in anatomy tomorrow. It's 9 essay questions which he gave us. It's a lot of info per question, so it's actually harder than it sounds. Since I did so well on the quizzes (thank you, God, for the invention of multiple choice) and the final is worth only 20 percent, I know that even if I get a zero I will pass with a C. So my level of motivation for memorizing this huge chunk of info is pretty low. I've already decided I'm not going to even try to answer 2 of the 9 questions. My geeky desire for an A has been passed by my brain's capacity level reaching its limit.

And then next Monday I'm off to Cancun!!! Yes it will be hot, but I'll have the ocean to go into!

Oh yeah, I watched 2 SGA eps this morning - McKay and Mrs. Miller and Phantoms. Neither of them have much Elizabeth so they're not my faves. Although I like John's exasperated "I'm sorry for shooting everybody!"
                        Well, at least he gave you the questions so you know what to expect! Good luck on your final and have fun on your trip!

I hate multiple choice.
                        I'm with JT-2, I'd hate that way.

Comment

I got VERY lucky with my final. The professor had us only answer 5 out of the 9 questions. Woo Hoo!

But, phew.... it's over. That was the class I was most worried about and I'm SO glad it's done.

Comment

Yay!! You rock!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

I got VERY lucky with my final. The professor had us only answer 5 out of the 9 questions. Woo Hoo!

But, phew.... it's over. That was the class I was most worried about and I'm SO glad it's done.
                              Hooray! That's a relief!

Comment

You are brave. We used to be take vacations in the summer, but now we avoid it at all costs (unless it's work travel that can't be avoided). We take side trips that are drive-able, but nothing expensive because, well you know. It can be miserable in the south in summer. Now we go to beach in March, Charleston in December. I love it. No more melting, lol. Next big work trip is in Ireland and the current forecast shows highs around 65 degrees- near perfect for me when I travel. Can't wait!

And I love that Sheppard line- Sorry for shooting everyone. I was just showing that to someone last week who needed a good laugh. That scene and the scene from Hide and Seek where Sheppard told Weir "I shot him. (Pause for Weir giving him the WTH look). In the leg. (shrug)" I sooo miss this show. I also showed them the McKay scene from Runner when he was running through the woods shooting a gun and screaming. There are so many McKay moments and quotes I love, but I'm not sure any of them top his screaming in that scene (for me, anyway).

I really need to get to re-watching some of these again. Makes me smile just to think about all the funnies.

I hate multiple choice.
                                That is some crazy weather. And that is a messed up way of handling multiple choice. They would have needed to hand me a Xanax along with the test.

Yay! That's got to be a huge load off your shoulders.
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Working...
                                X