No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    I saw a fall display at Wal-Mart on a school supply run. I may have bought two tiny buffalo check pumpkins, lol. They were too cute to pass up.
    Going over to the mainland tomorrow for a supply run, so I'll get to see what stores have Halloween/fall stuff out. Hopefully Michael's will have some cute stuff.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    I feel so bad for the younger kiddos. I can already imagine the conversations that will take place this year. Kids asking if Santa can still visit.
    Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Santa, the elves and the reindeer will all be wearing masks. lol
    Hah! Santa's probably putting together a new version of his suit...full hazmat gear.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    The Sims have taken over my life again...

...which means Kate has burned down the kitchen, electrocuted herself (and died -- not saving a game made it all go away) and broke the computer.

My Teyla!Sim was probably jealous of Kate's electrocution cause she proceeded to get electrocuted while tinkering with the electronics of the jacuzzi. She didn't die -- was luckier.

Anywho...

...summer doesn't look at all good right now as Belgium's covid-cases are going up again. Our bubble of social contacts has been reduced to max 5, and facemasks are mandatory pretty much everywhere (which I was hoping for would be enforced, which it is).

There are a couple of hot spots in the region, and the city where I work is one of them. They have mandated a curfew and made working from home mandatory again. I sincerely hope that my company will follow those rules accordingly. However, I have an inkling I'll be wearing my facemasks a lot in the coming weeks -- all day is going to be hell. I suffer gladly to stay healthy, and I'll just have to tell my colleagues to speak up or maybe just write down what they need cause I have trouble understanding people when I can't see their lips moving (I have excellent hearing, just a brain that plays tricks on it -- it's that whole attention problem).
    Yeah, it's getting nuttier out here, too. There's been rumblings in town the last few weeks about the increasing number of tourists coming out here, and meanwhile our governor just rolled back some of the phased reopenings.

Also, I haven't forgotten about Elizabeth's lunch date... I had planned on a sequel Friday but I was interrupted.
    No worries, stuff happens.

Mr. SR and I just got back from our annual physical and came away with lots of info from our doc. First of all, he talked about the virus and how from its structure it can only be manmade, which means that it is not going away.

Secondly, for the first time ever we were told that we are not eating enough. We need more protein. He has a fancy machine that I hate which talks to you and tells you your BMI, % of body fat and all kinds of embarrassing facts. We are both what he calls "skinny fat" which means too much fat but not overweight. So this means we need to eat more and build muscle. Try doing that and stay thin. I think not, but we're willing to give it a go.
    Yeah, muscle weighs more than fat, as I understand it. This should be interesting...
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Yeah, muscle weighs more than fat, as I understand it. This should be interesting...
      I forgot to mention that the doc also said when my arthritis gets to be a bigger problem he can hook me up with medical marijuana. Score! But alas he said it doesn't make you high in pill form. Virginia hasn't got the dyspensaries open yet. I didn't ask him if it gives you the munchies.

What was that noise? It must have been my mother rolling over in her grave.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

FH, sorry to hear that covid has come back where you are. It's okay right now where I am, in Northeastern USA, but it's probably only a matter of time before it comes back up here again.

Meanwhile, it reached 99 degrees F here today, with "feel like" temps in the 100s. I HATE SUMMER!!!

I forgot to mention that the doc also said when my arthritis gets to be a bigger problem he can hook me up with medical marijuana. Score! But alas he said it doesn't make you high in pill form. Virginia hasn't got the dyspensaries open yet. I didn't ask him if it gives you the munchies.

I've been told by many people, medical people included, that I should be on that for my back. But I just can't do it. It must be my Catholic sense of guilt that my mother instilled in me. Funny, that the faith didn't really survive but the guilt did.....

Comment

Rejoice, I get to work from home for the next 4 weeks because my office is in the Province of Antwerp and working from home is mandatory in that region.

A colleague of mine send me an image this morning, concerning all that work-from-home, of a stormtrooper saying: "I miss you like a stormtrooper misses... well everything."

My geeky colleagues -- I do miss them a wee bit.

Secondly, for the first time ever we were told that we are not eating enough. We need more protein. He has a fancy machine that I hate which talks to you and tells you your BMI, % of body fat and all kinds of embarrassing facts. We are both what he calls "skinny fat" which means too much fat but not overweight. So this means we need to eat more and build muscle. Try doing that and stay thin. I think not, but we're willing to give it a go.
          Sounds like a coffee from Starbucks -- Skinny Fat Latte or some such.

Excercise will probably do the trick, I imagine.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Sounds like a coffee from Starbucks -- Skinny Fat Latte or some such.

Excercise will probably do the trick, I imagine.
            Not at our age. Between Mr. SR's knees and my arthritic feet and hands, we would be unable to exercise enough to rebuild muscle to the extent needed. The doc knows we won't do it with diet either, In fact we all laughed about it yesterday. He's been our doc for 35 years and knows us very well. So we will start adding more protein in our diets. No problem for me but Mr. SR hates eggs and most everything else that's the best protein except meat. We have no problem with cholesterol, so meat it is.
            sigpic

Comment

Chapter 1 (of sorts) this way...

Spoiler:

Elizabeth felt quite refreshed after lunch, ready to dive back into her work.

The feeling lasted exactly as long until she opened her inbox and found it overflowing with emails from Rodney. He had outdone himself as the first 20 or so were all by his hand, and most were to ask for more brains to help with the latest discovery.

Somewhere in the sea of McKay's mails she spotted exactly one email from Radek. She clicked it open and barely managed to hide a snort.

----
              To: [email protected]
              Subject: READ THIS ONE FIRST
              ----

Good afternoon, Doctor Weir

I am sure Doctor McKay has updated you on our progress (tenfold) so if you should have chosen to ignore all his emails and decided to read this one instead, I have added our report in attachment.

My reccommendations are included, as are requests for extra pairs of hands.

With regards,
              Doctor R. Zelenka

-------

She found the report, as mentioned, in attachment, sat back and started reading.

A short one as I was flooded with more work than I anticipated. We are short a few brains too.

Comment

The Sims have taken over my life again...

...which means Kate has burned down the kitchen, electrocuted herself (and died -- not saving a game made it all go away) and broke the computer.

My Teyla!Sim was probably jealous of Kate's electrocution cause she proceeded to get electrocuted while tinkering with the electronics of the jacuzzi. She didn't die -- was luckier.

Anywho...
                That is so cool that you set that up in the Sims. My kiddo did a My Hero Academia one and I was just blown away. I'd no idea you could do that in Sims.

Spoiler:

The feeling lasted exactly as long until she opened her inbox and found it overflowing with emails from Rodney. He had outdone himself as the first 20 or so were all by his hand, and most were to ask for more brains to help with the latest discovery.

Somewhere in the sea of McKay's mails she spotted exactly one email from Radek. She clicked it open and barely managed to hide a snort.

----
                ----

I am sure Doctor McKay has updated you on our progress (tenfold) so if you should have chosen to ignore all his emails and decided to read this one instead, I have added our report in attachment.

With regards,
                Doctor R. Zelenka

-------

She found the report, as mentioned, in attachment, sat back and started reading.

A short one as I was flooded with more work than I anticipated. We are short a few brains too.
                That is great. I could picture this vividly.
                sigpic
                Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

A colleague of mine send me an image this morning, concerning all that work-from-home, of a stormtrooper saying: "I miss you like a stormtrooper misses... well everything."

My geeky colleagues -- I do miss them a wee bit.
                  Now those are some great geeky colleagues!!

Not at our age. Between Mr. SR's knees and my arthritic feet and hands, we would be unable to exercise enough to rebuild muscle to the extent needed. The doc knows we won't do it with diet either, In fact we all laughed about it yesterday. He's been our doc for 35 years and knows us very well. So we will start adding more protein in our diets. No problem for me but Mr. SR hates eggs and most everything else that's the best protein except meat. We have no problem with cholesterol, so meat it is.
                  Mmmm, meat.

Spoiler:

----
                  ----

With regards,
                  Doctor R. Zelenka

-------

That was great!!! I could totally picture it.

Comment

I'm sure the office ficlets continue to come... I seem to be projecting my own work self here a wee bit.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Back from the raiding party shopping trip; it's still all summer and the beginnings of back to school stuff in the stores, no Halloween yet. Didn't get to Michael's, though.

Laced brownies...get your high and your munchies in one!

Spoiler:

----
                      ----

With regards,
                      Doctor R. Zelenka

-------

OMFGLMAO! I can totally see this happening! And I wouldn't be surprised if people in Atlantis actually set their watches to how often McKay kicks up an email storm.

I'm sure the office ficlets continue to come... I seem to be projecting my own work self here a wee bit.
                      LOL! Oh dear...
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Spoiler:

----
                        ----

With regards,
                        Doctor R. Zelenka

-------

Adorable. Somehow brains got me thinking zombies, but that would be a whole other story.
                        sigpic

Comment

Adorable. Somehow brains got me thinking zombies, but that would be a whole other story.
                          Oh... but I think several of my colleagues are zombie-like at the moment...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Or at least a Halloween-themed chapter.

Oh... but I think several of my colleagues are zombie-like at the moment...

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Or at least a Halloween-themed chapter.

Yes- I vote for this, lol! I love Halloween themed fic.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

The Office Saga ...because this thing, whatever it is, should have a name, right.
                                Chapter I
                                Chapter II

Chapter III

Spoiler:

Getting through Radek's report took up the better part of the afternoon. By the time Elizabeth was finished, she was none the wiser about what they were doing, but it was most certainly an important new discovery with plenty of potential.

Radek had a way with words, better than Rodney in as far as using layman's terms, but occasionally he too had the habit of rambling on in scientific terms which usually had too many syllables for her brain to properly process. Notwithstanding that he also had a habit of using the occasional Czech word if the English eluded him.

Elizabeth felt the need for a break and decided to go for a snack. She was halfway to the nearest transporter when she heard his voice before she saw him appear around the corner. She immediately stopped walking and instead turned around, trying her best to avoid running into Rodney. She needed a break, not the audio version of his emails.

She made for the hallway she just passed and collided head on with Kate who came walking down, distracted by a file in her hands.

Elizabeth took a few steps back in surprise, finding herself in Rodney's path again. He had spotted her and she did the only thing that came to mind that instant.

"Kate, right on time for our appointment."

Kate frowned confused.

"I don't think..."

Elizabeth didn't give Kate a chance to finish her thought, but instead led her back from where the psychologist had come from. Kate turned to object, pointing in the opposite direction.

"Let's go to the cafeteria, shall we."

Elizabeth turned to Kate and gave her best 'please save me from having to listen to more science-babbling I'm not in the mood for' look, adding a little jerk of her head in the direction of where Rodney was standing, hoping to catch Elizabeth for an update.

"Oh," Kate said, realization dawning on her, "right, okay, our appointment."

"Yes, our appointment," Elizabeth echoed, loud enough for Rodney to hear.

"Lead the way," Kate said, following Elizabeth down the hallway.

When they were out of earshot, Kate turned to Elizabeth, "You owe me."

Yes, this continues to be based on my own experiences, though instead of scientific words I have to occasionally process legal terms my brain simply doesn't know what to do with. And yes, I even have a colleague who'll slip in a Russian word if she can't remember the Dutch expression.

Comment

Working...
                                X