No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thing 2 randomly waving bye bye ... LOL!
    So hopefully people wave back?

I mean, I tried waving at people passing by in the little steamtrain at the zoo on friday and only one girl waved back. Boring tourists.
    I have more success in Paris by the side of the Seine where lots of tourists pass by on boats, and when you wave enthusiastically at them, almost all of them will wave back at you.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      I remember something like that also. Didn't we think he was going to replace Elizabeth? But I think it would have been the Danny and Rodney show, so that worked out okay.
      Yeah, we certainly got the Danny and Rodney show in that S5 two-parter. One taste was enough, thanks.

We had a wonderful and tiring weekend babysitting the twins while their parents went off to celebrate their anniversary and sleep for a full uninterrupted 8 hours. Mr. SR's legs are sore from carrying the 23 pounds up and down the stairs and repeating with the other one. I can't manage it and have trouble lifting them out of the crib but Thing 1 stands up and lifts his little arms for me so that helps. Thing 2 makes his What? face, so my back is a bit tender also. We have mastered "pattycake pattycake" and "put him in the pan" but we have an issue with "roll him over roll him over." We'll work on that later. Thing 2 enjoys randomly waving "bye bye" and Thing 1 is practicing to be a drummer. Such fun. They have their first birthday in a couple of weeks also.
      Awwwww! Cutie pies!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I mean, I tried waving at people passing by in the little steamtrain at the zoo on friday and only one girl waved back. Boring tourists.
      I have more success in Paris by the side of the Seine where lots of tourists pass by on boats, and when you wave enthusiastically at them, almost all of them will wave back at you.
      Awesome! I guess it does depend on where you are; not so many people wave in more mundane places, but lots of people wave at Disneyland, too.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I remember something like that also. Didn't we think he was going to replace Elizabeth? But I think it would have been the Danny and Rodney show, so that worked out okay.

We had a wonderful and tiring weekend babysitting the twins while their parents went off to celebrate their anniversary and sleep for a full uninterrupted 8 hours. Mr. SR's legs are sore from carrying the 23 pounds up and down the stairs and repeating with the other one. I can't manage it and have trouble lifting them out of the crib but Thing 1 stands up and lifts his little arms for me so that helps. Thing 2 makes his What? face, so my back is a bit tender also. We have mastered "pattycake pattycake" and "put him in the pan" but we have an issue with "roll him over roll him over." We'll work on that later. Thing 2 enjoys randomly waving "bye bye" and Thing 1 is practicing to be a drummer. Such fun. They have their first birthday in a couple of weeks also.
        Aww! Sounds like cuteness overload. How is #1 practicing to be a drummer? Pots and pans? Tiny drum set or something more creative, lol. Never know with the littles, it always amazes me how they can turn every day ordinary into magic. A tiny tike in my neighborhood blew me a kiss this morning when I was out walking. Totally made my day.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Waving is a big thing in the South where I'm from. The code is that you must always wave when you are driving and pass someone you know. For safety sake you are allowed to lift one finger in salute or just "throw up your hand" as it were. If you are outdoors and someone passes even if you don't know them, you must wave. It drives Southerners crazy when people move there from other places and don't understand the wave code. My brother thinks his new neighbors are snobs because they don't wave. I have tried to explain it to him but to no avail. Around here we have people from all over, some wave and some don't. Funny but the most consistent wavers on my street are from Albania. LOL

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
          Aww! Sounds like cuteness overload. How is #1 practicing to be a drummer? Pots and pans? Tiny drum set or something more creative, lol. Never know with the littles, it always amazes me how they can turn every day ordinary into magic. A tiny tike in my neighborhood blew me a kiss this morning when I was out walking. Totally made my day.
          He drums on everything. When you are feeding him he either kicks one foot in a rhythm only he understands or bangs his hand against the bottle or the high chair depending on where he is. We have ordered him a zylophone for his birthday. Hopefully he will not use the hammer to drum on his brother.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Waving is a big thing in the South where I'm from. The code is that you must always wave when you are driving and pass someone you know. For safety sake you are allowed to lift one finger in salute or just "throw up your hand" as it were. If you are outdoors and someone passes even if you don't know them, you must wave. It drives Southerners crazy when people move there from other places and don't understand the wave code. My brother thinks his new neighbors are snobs because they don't wave. I have tried to explain it to him but to no avail. Around here we have people from all over, some wave and some don't. Funny but the most consistent wavers on my street are from Albania. LOL
            Kinda like the friendly wave when you thank another car you can pass, or wave at the driver who stops at the zebra crossing. Learned to do that in the UK where it's customary to lift your hand in gratitude when passing each other on a tiny road.

Belgians however, are still learning. Though more commonly we use the indicators of the car to signal a sign of gratitude. Trucks started it.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

So cute!!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Yeah, we certainly got the Danny and Rodney show in that S5 two-parter. One taste was enough, thanks.
              Yeah I was just thinking that - is my memory failing or were they obnoxious to John in those eps?

Oooh! That would have made my day too!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

It's a busy busy day over in America for me, up early for the insanity!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                Yeah I was just thinking that - is my memory failing or were they obnoxious to John in those eps?
                My memory must be failing me as well, because I recall that too. Grrr. Definitely one of the more annoying parts of those episodes.

Yep, we've got a lot of that out here too. We adapted pretty easily though.

He drums on everything. When you are feeding him he either kicks one foot in a rhythm only he understands or bangs his hand against the bottle or the high chair depending on where he is. We have ordered him a zylophone for his birthday. Hopefully he will not use the hammer to drum on his brother.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Trip to America went well; it was hot and muggy, and we didn't get everything done we wanted to do, but we got some big things ticked off the list. And today it's raining.

Comment

My memory must be failing me as well, because I recall that too. Grrr. Definitely one of the more annoying parts of those episodes.
                    Well I found a thread where people were complaining about Daniel and Rodney (and Zelenka) being rude to John about John's intelligence.

Trip to America went well; it was hot and muggy, and we didn't get everything done we wanted to do, but we got some big things ticked off the list. And today it's raining.
                    I'm glad things went well yesterday!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Well I found a thread where people were complaining about Daniel and Rodney (and Zelenka) being rude to John about John's intelligence.
                      Hah! We were right!

I'm glad things went well yesterday!!
                      Me too!

Comment

Kinda like the friendly wave when you thank another car you can pass, or wave at the driver who stops at the zebra crossing. Learned to do that in the UK where it's customary to lift your hand in gratitude when passing each other on a tiny road.

Belgians however, are still learning. Though more commonly we use the indicators of the car to signal a sign of gratitude. Trucks started it.
                        I'm in the South too, but we took it further in the town I went to high school in. When you were cruising the strip and town square- because that's what was done on the weekends- you had to tap your brake lights twice when you passed a car of your friends.

Errands can take all the fun out of little road trips. Hope you managed to sneak in a little fun with the work. Goodness know all Marvel fans need something fun to lift our spirits this week.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Errands can take all the fun out of little road trips. Hope you managed to sneak in a little fun with the work. Goodness know all Marvel fans need something fun to lift our spirits this week.
                          Heh, oh just getting off island is fun. And it's always fun trolling the aisles at Costco for samples.

Ugh, Marvel shenanigans.
                          Spoiler:
                          We lost Tony for this?!? Made. Of. FAIL!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Comment

Hey Scary Kitty, what does the Marvel news mean?

Spoiler:
                                Will there be no more Spiderman movies?

Comment

Working...
                                X