No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    IT SNOWED!!!

Like zero-point-zero-zero-zero-milimeter but hello SNOW!!!
    Yay! That's awesome!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Okay so multi-quote isn't working for me today, so...

SK - That sounds horrible! I'm glad you finally got power back. I've had a few times of no power in the cold. It's no fun. I remember once when my cat was still alive, he was huddled under a huge pile of blankets with just his mouth sticking out. Wish I still had that picture.

FH- Congrats on the snow!!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        It was epic...for all of 5 minutes because that's when it was gone again.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

SK - That sounds horrible! I'm glad you finally got power back. I've had a few times of no power in the cold. It's no fun. I remember once when my cat was still alive, he was huddled under a huge pile of blankets with just his mouth sticking out. Wish I still had that picture.

I've found when multi-quote isn't working, refreshing the page brings it back. At least, it works for me.

Ugh yeah, cold breakfast, lunch, and dinner definitely brought out the crankies. That cocoa was very welcome. And awww, that mental image of your cat is just too cute!

Heh! Isn't that always the way of it?
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Good evening, Sparkies! Hope you've all had a better Screw the Angst Wednesday than me. A major windstorm last night knocked out power in many places; we were out from just after midnight until just after 7:30 tonight, so almost 19 hours. In the cold. Major suckage! We were hitting the hot cocoa hard as soon as the power came back, LOL!

Excellent! Sounds like some good times are ahead!
            Eeek! Glad it's finally back on. Do you have a generator? Thank goodness for cocoa.

Awww, sounds like he was a good catto.

Lol, weather can be such a tease. I kind of dig the flash snows though. Some of the pretty without the whole logistics of snow covered roads.
            sigpic
            Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

I have refreshed the page 10 times, closed the tab and reopened. Multi-quote is being a little b*tch.

SK and ZA - Yeah, he was such a sweet kitty. He had been a stray and he never tried to escape the house like the other cat. You could open the door in front of him and he'd look at you, like "yeah, how about no".

And yes about the quick snow fall. Pretty, but then you don't have to shovel or drive in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                Lol, weather can be such a tease. I kind of dig the flash snows though. Some of the pretty without the whole logistics of snow covered roads.
                More teasing coming saturday afternoon and evening for my part of the country -- which will be both the north and the center since we'll be driving home to Dad's place to pick up the items from our list from our other grandfather's house. Depending how much more snow we're gonna get we'll be home earlier in the evening and skip Dad's french fries on saturday evening.

There is a lot of snow in the south of the country (some 20 to 30 cm), but due to Covid restrictions the woods and slopes had been closed to the public because 3 weeks ago there were so many people heading south to see all that snow that it was impossible to keep a socially accepted distance. This weekend they'll open the parks and woods again for non-locals.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Eeek! Glad it's finally back on. Do you have a generator? Thank goodness for cocoa.
                  Don't have a generator yet, though we will be getting one soon. When we built the house, we had it set up with the transfer switch and conduit for a whole-house generator, and we got a big propane tank to support it. The concrete pad it'll sit on got poured yesterday, and our electrician is waiting for his supplier to get more of the generators in stock (hopefully no more than a few weeks). Almost there!

We're still gonna be hitting the cocoa hard, though.

Yep. A few minutes to an hour, fine. It starts building up more than a couple of inches, I wanna nope the heck outta there.

I have refreshed the page 10 times, closed the tab and reopened. Multi-quote is being a little b*tch.
                  Ugh, that sucks. Time to go medieval on the internet, I guess...

SK and ZA - Yeah, he was such a sweet kitty. He had been a stray and he never tried to escape the house like the other cat. You could open the door in front of him and he'd look at you, like "yeah, how about no".
                  LMAO! Smart kitty!

And yes about the quick snow fall. Pretty, but then you don't have to shovel or drive in it.
                  Exactly!

More teasing coming saturday afternoon and evening for my part of the country -- which will be both the north and the center since we'll be driving home to Dad's place to pick up the items from our list from our other grandfather's house. Depending how much more snow we're gonna get we'll be home earlier in the evening and skip Dad's french fries on saturday evening.

There is a lot of snow in the south of the country (some 20 to 30 cm), but due to Covid restrictions the woods and slopes had been closed to the public because 3 weeks ago there were so many people heading south to see all that snow that it was impossible to keep a socially accepted distance. This weekend they'll open the parks and woods again for non-locals.
                  Noooo, not missing the french fries! That sounds yummy, hope the weather cooperates.

And ugh, seriously people, stop it with the stupid crowding. We had people heading up into the mountains sightseeing last week, parking all over the place that weren't legal parking spots, making it harder for road crews to get around.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Noooo, not missing the french fries! That sounds yummy, hope the weather cooperates.
                    Roads were clean but we did leave earlier ... however, french fries were not missed.

We got about an inch or two of snow but it's already melted again. But it was there, it was a lot (for our standards) and it looked pretty. I'm satisfied with it.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Roads were clean but we did leave earlier ... however, french fries were not missed.
                      YAY!!!!! Can't miss the french fries.

We got about an inch or two of snow but it's already melted again. But it was there, it was a lot (for our standards) and it looked pretty. I'm satisfied with it.
                      Excellent! The best of both worlds!

Comment

Hello everyone. It's been so long since I've been here ...
                        I was quietly watching episodes of stargate atlantis and I was like "I miss my sparky friends very much". I'm so happy to see that this topic is still alive. I hope everyone is doing well.
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

PROBIE!!

*bounces around excitedly*

HOW ARE YOU?

How's the curfew treating you? I heard France has a curfew from 6pm onwards -- that's early.

And yes, we're still here -- where else would we be?

Comment

I'm fine. I hope it's the same for you.
                            Yes 6pm it's early. And in two weeks, I think it will be worse (confinement). How is it going in your country ?

I'm so happy to be back in my Sparky family !!!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

PROBIE!!!!! Glad to see you and hear that you're doing well. *BIG HUGS* 6pm curfew, huh? Eeep. I hope it never gets that bad here.

Comment

It's not so bad after having a period of being forbidden to go out without a good reason.lol
                                The most important is to be in good health.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X