Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    You'll have to have a virtual Easter egg hunt. SR Jr and Mrs. SR had a virtual wine tasting sponsored by one of their local wineries. They received 3 bottles of wine wrapped in brown paper. I guess the tasting was livestreamed. He said it was a lot of fun. This was after the twins were sleeping of course.
    A virtual wine tasting, huh? Well, that's certainly a creative way to get some socialization in. And some good wine at the same time.

I'm sorry you're going to miss the twins on Easter.

My state's governor has daily briefings on the virus in the state. I just watched for the first time today. It was actually entertaining, because she was clearly 100% DONE with RI'ers and their ignoring the rules. It was like mom was scolding the kids.

Comment

You'll have to have a virtual Easter egg hunt. SR Jr and Mrs. SR had a virtual wine tasting sponsored by one of their local wineries. They received 3 bottles of wine wrapped in brown paper. I guess the tasting was livestreamed. He said it was a lot of fun. This was after the twins were sleeping of course.
      We watched a virtual cycling event yesterday.

Normally, we would have had the anual Tour of Flanders (Ronde van Vlaanderen) yesterday. A 200+ km cycling competition which lures all the greats to the Flemish roads, but due to the lockdown it was cancelled. However, our main sporting channel organized a virtual one where 13 cyclists from different teams participated, from their living rooms/garages. They were given a virtual course of the last 32 km of the race and viewers could follow their progress in a virtual environment.

It was equal to the real deal as their mechanics mimicked the road conditions to the last T. It was epic and so much fun to watch. All the commentators were there as well.

One of the cyclists said at the end that it was truly one of the hardest things he'd ever done.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

People certainly are getting creative with the virtual gatherings. I've done a few virtual hangouts, but due to the time zone widely varying for work collegues and friends, they've been more like bring your own whatever beverage you feel like. We had a mix of coffee, lemonade, soda, beer and- because we all have that one friend- one person who had that wine glass that holds an entire bottle of wine.

SK- you've made me hungry for burgers! Glad you had a great meal. Last Friday I broke my tortilla everything kick with a bbq sandwich from the burger joint down the road. It was a $5 meal special, sandwich and side. They also have $1.99 to go margaritas. We needed the beverage carrier for our order That might be my new Friday night go to. We are seeing some great take out specials around town. Leaves me extra $$$ to bump up that tip.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

You know, in the time of coronavirus, I'll bet everyone in Atlantis is really glad of that mandatory quarantine procedure for anyone going between the Milky Way and Pegasus...

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          I got a family assist in the TP battle. My brother bought me some. He can bug me but he's always looking out for me. Gold star, bro.

(What did you get for Easter, JT? Well, I got toilet paper!!!! I was so excited!!) (Yeah, yeah, Easter is next week)
          *giggles* Hey, at least you've got some TP now! That's a win!

Oooh, that sounds like fun! I think one of our local wine shops is doing virtual tastings too. Definitely a cool idea.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          My state's governor has daily briefings on the virus in the state. I just watched for the first time today. It was actually entertaining, because she was clearly 100% DONE with RI'ers and their ignoring the rules. It was like mom was scolding the kids.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          We watched a virtual cycling event yesterday.

Normally, we would have had the anual Tour of Flanders (Ronde van Vlaanderen) yesterday. A 200+ km cycling competition which lures all the greats to the Flemish roads, but due to the lockdown it was cancelled. However, our main sporting channel organized a virtual one where 13 cyclists from different teams participated, from their living rooms/garages. They were given a virtual course of the last 32 km of the race and viewers could follow their progress in a virtual environment.

It was equal to the real deal as their mechanics mimicked the road conditions to the last T. It was epic and so much fun to watch. All the commentators were there as well.

One of the cyclists said at the end that it was truly one of the hardest things he'd ever done.
          Now that's cool! I love how people are coming up with new ways to hold their events.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
          SK- you've made me hungry for burgers! Glad you had a great meal. Last Friday I broke my tortilla everything kick with a bbq sandwich from the burger joint down the road. It was a $5 meal special, sandwich and side. They also have $1.99 to go margaritas. We needed the beverage carrier for our order That might be my new Friday night go to. We are seeing some great take out specials around town. Leaves me extra $$$ to bump up that tip.
          Mmm, bbq... Now I'm getting hungry...and it's only breakfast time!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
            People certainly are getting creative with the virtual gatherings. I've done a few virtual hangouts, but due to the time zone widely varying for work collegues and friends, they've been more like bring your own whatever beverage you feel like. We had a mix of coffee, lemonade, soda, beer and- because we all have that one friend- one person who had that wine glass that holds an entire bottle of wine.
            That last part reminded me of this video:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1245353224154030080

I don't know why it's not embedding in the post. Too tired to figure it out. Just watch the video until the end. You're going to love the glass she uses.

Comment

Well, it's been a damn long while, but in light of recent events, I hope everyone is faring well.

I didn't know if I would ever return here, but learning an acquaintance was working her way through SGA for the first time brought up a sense of nostalgia, one could say.

Perhaps I would have dropped in sooner if it were not for a sense of embarrassment that comes along with looking back on my time here. It's been almost thirteen years, and I recognize was very much a kid when I was active in the Stargate fandom, an immature kid who tried so seem smarter than they were, who embellished details of their life, who was trying to fit in. Well, at least that's the impression I'd get looking back at some of my posts, probably.

After taking a break from online fandom, I've since moved on to other things that hit deeper; Stargate was a fun discovery, but my enthusiasm for the series has since waned. Some affection is still there, though, and it was you guys that really made it a blast, even in those saltiest days. But who knows what might happen whenever the next Stargate series comes around.

Comment

STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!!

REIKO HAS RETURNED!!!

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Good to see you around!

** clearly quarantine is getting to me...

Comment

Hello to Reiko, it's good to see you. This is such a special place some of us hang around just to chat with each other about our lives. Occasionally we slip in something about Sparky, but we are still having fun.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

*falls out of chair*

OMG REIKOOOOOO!!!!!!!

*hugs you tight* It is so good to see you again! Like you, I've kind of drifted away from Stargate fandom, though I still come here because of the camaraderie with all the friends I've made who I'd miss terribly if I left. We're still having loads of fun, and that's what counts.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Just got a twin video.

Mom: What's your name?
                      Thing 1: Elmo
                      Thing 2: Elmo
                      Mom: What's your brother's name?
                      Mom: Are you ready for bed?
                      sigpic

Comment

Just got a twin video.

OMG, they are too adorable.

Comment

Ahh, thank you all for the warm welcome back Falcon Horus, Southern Red, Scary Kitty! I remember you all very fondly! <3

I'll definitely try to drop in a bit more often, which will be more likely since I'm working from home now. I've been telecommuting for the last three weeks, which has been a bit of a rocky transition, between the comparatively small laptop screen and dealing with distractions. Fortunately I'm managing, as I hope the lot of you are.

Aside from that, it's admittedly not very hard to keep myself occupied with books and shows and games and online discussion thereof, so I suppose not much has changed in that regard.

Comment

Just got a twin video.

I sense a theme here...

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                            I'll definitely try to drop in a bit more often, which will be more likely since I'm working from home now. I've been telecommuting for the last three weeks, which has been a bit of a rocky transition, between the comparatively small laptop screen and dealing with distractions. Fortunately I'm managing, as I hope the lot of you are.
                            Three weeks and counting -- I'm in my 4th week. I bought a second screen cause working from home for 1 day doesn't bother me having to make do with a laptop screen, but not 5 days a week. Unfortunately the software I work with requires a larger screen. Otherwise I'll go cross-eyed.

Also, I'm having mini-meets -- video calls -- with my team and we have an "end-of-the-week-bring-your-own-booze-and-snacks" meeting on Friday at 4pm. Just to show we're all still alive.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              I sense a theme here...
                              "Elmo" has become code for "we want to watch Sesame Street." They are allowed to watch it once a day, but it's never enough. Love that little red guy.

Three weeks and counting -- I'm in my 4th week. I bought a second screen cause working from home for 1 day doesn't bother me having to make do with a laptop screen, but not 5 days a week. Unfortunately the software I work with requires a larger screen. Otherwise I'll go cross-eyed.

Also, I'm having mini-meets -- video calls -- with my team and we have an "end-of-the-week-bring-your-own-booze-and-snacks" meeting on Friday at 4pm. Just to show we're all still alive.
                              SR Jr. had to go into work and pick up a secure laptop. He does consulting for the government and a lot of it is classified. I'm picturing him at home inside a cone of silence like from Get Smart.
                              sigpic

Comment

Due to a change at work, a new proces to handle the flood of mails... I effectively stopped having things to do, so I decided to do one of the online courses my company is promoting -- Optimism for Beginners. There's a test in the first half of the course to see how much of an optimist you are. I broke it -- definitely a pessimist.

Comment

Working...
                                X