• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
    (((((((((((Liv)))))))))))))

Come back and play some more
    Aww, hugs for you too.

*Shouts to MF - we have any jackets in this thread?*
    *runs through thread* You will neeeeeveeeer catch me!
    Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
      That's okay Liv, you and I are in the same boat.
      That's a relief, Major. I feel better now.

Shhhh Astro the jackets are on order.
      Nah, the jackets will never hold me.

I rather feel much more comfortable with this idea than I have been with almost any other 'ship in any science fiction show I've ever watched. I think because they haven't publicized it, and they haven't made it instant, they haven't been arguing from the start, they haven't showed up in an alternate universe married, it's not been... cliche.

It's been slow and sweet and the actors have played it really well. I think at least in my head I can buy that it might be happening, and not like it's something written into the scene that wouldn't be normal.
      Well, I doubt that there's anyone who doesn't know how I feel about the Sam/Jack ship, by now. If you don't I'd love to share. J/K That's for another thread altogether.

But I realized that perhaps I shouldn't be so quick to draw parallells between the Sam/Jack ship and how I DO feel about that, to Sheppard and Weir and how I MIGHT feel about that.

As for other sci-fi shows and ship, well, the Crichton/Aeryn was always a favorite of mine and I've yet to run into anyone who didn't like that relationship, so it's not like I'm anti-forever-and-ever-ship on every show, but I have been very wary of shipping on Stargate especially.

I'm treading on slightly new ground here.

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
        Aww, hugs for you too.

*runs through thread* You will neeeeeveeeer catch me!

*Astro watches Liv running*

Never mind, I'll catch you the next time....

he he

Comment

That's okay Liv, you and I are in the same boat.

Shhhh Astro the jackets are on order.

I rather feel much more comfortable with this idea than I have been with almost any other 'ship in any science fiction show I've ever watched. I think because they haven't publicized it, and they haven't made it instant, they haven't been arguing from the start, they haven't showed up in an alternate universe married, it's not been... cliche.

It's been slow and sweet and the actors have played it really well. I think at least in my head I can buy that it might be happening, and not like it's something written into the scene that wouldn't be normal.
          Well I'm a bit of a slapper when it comes to ship I have to admit, so I'm not one to talk, but there is a really nice vibe going on. I like it. In fact, I'm getting a bit bored with Sam and Jack so I'm just in the right place to get sucked into another ship...

As long as it's kept nice and subtle...

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
            That's a relief, Major. I feel better now.

Nah, the jackets will never hold me.

Well, I doubt that there's anyone who doesn't know how I feel about the Sam/Jack ship, by now. If you don't I'd love to share. J/K That's for another thread altogether.

But I realized that perhaps I shouldn't be so quick to draw parallells between the Sam/Jack ship and how I DO feel about that, to Sheppard and Weir and how I MIGHT feel about that.

As for other sci-fi shows and ship, well, the Crichton/Aeryn was always a favorite of mine and I've yet to run into anyone who didn't like that relationship, so it's not like I'm anti-forever-and-ever-ship on every show, but I have been very wary of shipping on Stargate especially.

I'm treading on slightly new ground here.
            J/K?

I liked Crichton/Aeryn too, but I must admit I got a bit lost

Has anyone written Atlantis fic yet?

Comment

J/K?
              J/K = Just kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater

Now, how can I send you a PM IF YOU DON'T CLEAR OUT SOME SPACE!!!!

*cough*
                right, sorry about that
                I swore I wouldn't ship for Atlantis. After all, shipping for Sam and Jack has brought very little onscreen reward But I can't seem to help myself! I'm quite the Sheppard fan, and I quite like the chemistry he has with Weir
                lol im in the same sitch, i was gonna see how the rest of season 8 turned out before i started shipping for atlantis but alas no hope there lol, i think the chemistry between weir and sheppard is interesting because its like military versus non military with a spark......i think i had a point there.....somewhere...but it turned into babble lol
                Carolyn

Comment

Astro, Fanfiction.net has Atlantis fics aswell as Heliopolis. They have an archive exclusively towards Atlantis. There is more Shep/Weir fic at Fanfiction.net than Heliopolis.

Comment

Originally posted by Watters87
                    Astro, Fanfiction.net has Atlantis fics aswell as Heliopolis. They have an archive exclusively towards Atlantis. There is more Shep/Weir fic at Fanfiction.net than Heliopolis.
                    Thanks for this WAtters, I found quite a stash.

Say no more...

And bumping this up, cos I KNOW there are more Weir/Shep shippy inclined folk out there. *glares*

Comment

[snip]
                      And bumping this up, cos I KNOW there are more Weir/Shep shippy inclined folk out there. *glares*
                      Come on people don't be shy. Speak up.

A good Shep/Weir fic came out today called 'No Safe Place'. It's written by Jo. R and Fairygnomes. It's a two parter and here are the links (spoilers for 'The Eye')
                      http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/26/nosafe.html Part 1
                      http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/26/nosafe2.html Part 2

Comment

Well, as I've seen "The Eye" and have some caps of it, I was asked to post links to them here.

Extensive "The Eye" spoilers forthcoming. Bolded texts are links to images.
                        Spoiler:
                        At the end of "The Storm", Kolya threatened to kill Weir, which Sheppard seemed to have strong objections to. Unbeknownst to Sheppard, McKay talked Kolya out of it, stressing that he needed her alive in order to operate key parts of the city. Then, when the others were gone, Kolya contacted Sheppard again and told him that Weir was dead.

Sheppard: I am going to kill you.

Too angry to make a coherent response.

Later in the episode, Kolya takes a calculated risk and lets it slip that Weir is alive. By this time, Sheppard has killed sixty of Kolya's men in revenge. Sheppard looks like he nearly falls down the stairs when he hears this. He demands to talk to Weir, and says it's good to hear her voice. During this, the main theme (I believe) is played slowly on strings — significant in my mind because most of the score of this episode is heavy in bass and percussion.

Then the ending, which is what people really wanted me to post.

Kolya intends to take Weir back to his planet as punishment for what has happened.
                        Weir sees Sheppard aiming for Kolya. "And risk hitting Doctor Weir?" Kolya taunts.
                        Sheppard: "I'm not aiming at her."
                        Kolya is hit twice and falls backward through the gate. Weir scrambles forward.
                        Sheppard runs up to her, babbling about what's been going on.
                        Sheppard: "Are you okay?"
                        Weir stumbles for words and finally says, "No."
                        "You will be. Come on."
                        Sheppard grabs her hand, and they run up the stairs.

During this scene, the music played is definitely the main theme of the show, again, slowly on strings.

And that would be my cap presentation. I have a few more, but they're mostly variations on images I linked to here.

(Please be nice to my bandwidth and don't hotlink to these anywhere else. )

Mel
                        Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                        Last update: 14 April 2006
                        Melyanna's Multimedia
                        Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                          Well, as I've seen "The Eye" and have some caps of it, I was asked to post links to them here.

Extensive "The Eye" spoilers forthcoming. Bolded texts are links to images.
                          Spoiler:
                          At the end of "The Storm", Kolya threatened to kill Weir, which Sheppard seemed to have strong objections to. Unbeknownst to Sheppard, McKay talked Kolya out of it, stressing that he needed her alive in order to operate key parts of the city. Then, when the others were gone, Kolya contacted Sheppard again and told him that Weir was dead.

Sheppard: I am going to kill you.

Too angry to make a coherent response.

Later in the episode, Kolya takes a calculated risk and lets it slip that Weir is alive. By this time, Sheppard has killed sixty of Kolya's men in revenge. Sheppard looks like he nearly falls down the stairs when he hears this. He demands to talk to Weir, and says it's good to hear her voice. During this, the main theme (I believe) is played slowly on strings — significant in my mind because most of the score of this episode is heavy in bass and percussion.

Then the ending, which is what people really wanted me to post.

Kolya intends to take Weir back to his planet as punishment for what has happened.
                          Weir sees Sheppard aiming for Kolya. "And risk hitting Doctor Weir?" Kolya taunts.
                          Sheppard: "I'm not aiming at her."
                          Kolya is hit twice and falls backward through the gate. Weir scrambles forward.
                          Sheppard runs up to her, babbling about what's been going on.
                          Sheppard: "Are you okay?"
                          Weir stumbles for words and finally says, "No."
                          "You will be. Come on."
                          Sheppard grabs her hand, and they run up the stairs.

During this scene, the music played is definitely the main theme of the show, again, slowly on strings.

And that would be my cap presentation. I have a few more, but they're mostly variations on images I linked to here.

(Please be nice to my bandwidth and don't hotlink to these anywhere else. )

Mel
                          Thanks Mel, this is great! I really appreciate you doing this.

Comment

Great caps. Thank you.

Spoiler:
                            At the end of "The Storm", Kolya threatened to kill Weir, which Sheppard seemed to have strong objections to.
                            Spoiler:

Well, in all fairness, I think he would have had the same objections if the gun had been pointed at McKay, Teyla, Ford or Beckett too.

Heh, I like that description.

Spoiler:
                            Joe was really, really great in that scene. His frustration and anger was tangible. But I still think he would have been just as upset if he had been told that any of his other team members had been killed in cold blood.

THIS was the moment that stood out to me (I bet you thought I would never get to that ). If you've read back on what I've said regarding the ship you'll know that I was completely taken by surprise by the fact that I not only acknowledged that this could be shippy, but also that I possibly wouldn't mind it, if it was. I'm still proceeding with caution, but it's nice to have a discussion about it.
                            Last edited by Liv; 12 November 2004, 07:18 AM. Reason: Fixed a little quote that didn't want to fit inside the actual quotation space the first time. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
                              Great caps. Thank you.
                              No problem.

Spoiler:

Well, in all fairness, I think he would have had the same objections if the gun had been pointed at McKay, Teyla, Ford or Beckett too.
                              Spoiler:
                              I agree. But speaking as a writer, I think it's interesting (and a little telling) that Kolya went for Weir first. McKay's objections to them killing her were obvious. Since she's the leader, she's naturally going to have codes and such that are necessary to the Genii as well.

Heh, I like that description.
                              It seemed to work.

Spoiler:
                              Joe was really, really great in that scene. His frustration and anger was tangible. But I still think he would have been just as upset if he had been told that any of his other team members had been killed in cold blood.
                              Spoiler:
                              Oh, absolutely. JF proved in that scene that he can do more than the subtle (and sometimes not-so-subtle) comedy which seems to have dominated his part. Anger is hard to portray without coming off as a caricature, but he did it quite well.

THIS was the moment that stood out to me (I bet you thought I would never get to that ). If you've read back on what I've said regarding the ship you'll know that I was completely taken by surprise by the fact that I not only acknowledged that this could be shippy, but also that I possibly wouldn't mind it, if it was. I'm still proceeding with caution, but it's nice to have a discussion about it.
                              Spoiler:
                              Oh, it was DEFINITELY that scene that was the most obvious. I'm a shipper, as most of you know by now, I'm sure, and while I did tend to read the rest of the episode as John reacting in such extremes because it was Elizabeth, it was this scene that really couldn't be contested by the logical part of my brain. The scene, though brief, was quite intense, and just really well-played by both JF and TH.
                              Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                              Last update: 14 April 2006
                              Melyanna's Multimedia
                              Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
                                Well.

Err...

Here's a thread I never thought I would wander into, but nevertheless, here I am.
                                ROFL!

I admit it, I saw some ship between Sheppard and Weir in The Eye and here's the crazy part: I actually didn't object to it. (I know, strange, isn't it? )

Not saying I'm a shipper, 'cause I'm practically incapable of saying that , but I thought it really was a lovely scene.

Spoilers for the The Eye:

Spoiler:
                                I thought it was sweet the way he took ahold of her hand and they ran up the stairs together. And there was a bit of a 'moment' there. They actually do have chemistry together.

Okay, that's it. I've said it. Now I will exit this thread and see if maybe I bumped my head somewhere, somehow. Head trauma. Yes. That might explain it. I am still an Anti-shipper dangit!
                                That's okay, we'll allow it...

I saw that scene too and that's what finally convinced me that I might be interested in shipping for someone on Atlantis. I'm with Major Fischer--I dreaded the Shep/Teyla thing they kept hinting at. I wasn't going to go there at all but after "The Eye", I called my hubs and said "well, I guess I'm a Shepperd/Weir shipper now"--he LHAO. I agree, I see some chemistry there too. I just hope it doesn't get screwed up.

As for your status as an anti-shipper...anyone who thunks for Sheppard is okay in my book! And isn't it possible to be a shipper in one show and an anti-shipper in another?
                                Marimba FBI - Video Surveillance Division
                                Lemming #25 Frothing Fan Lemming

Vids by Marimba, Tamefarrar and Ruralstar!
                                Big hugs to Ruralstar for the banner!

Comment

Working...
                                X