Page 7673 of 7675 FirstFirst ... 66737173757376237663767076717672767376747675 LastLast
Results 153,441 to 153,460 of 153492

Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I always found that hard as well. We had websites where you could calculate your salary but they always told me I could literally ask for 2000 euro, and I just didn't feel good about that so I went with 1800 instead and lo and behold they started with 1700 instead (which meant I had 1300 left after every tax and contribution to the state had been deducted).
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Red View Post
    Ah, the dreaded salary question. I didn't have to do that as a teacher, but both Mr. SR and SR Jr. always asked for a higher salary than they knew they would get. Then they negotiate.
    I'm not good at negotiating. I usually bring someone with me when I go car shopping because I'll just take whatever the list cost is.

And another problem is that the "average salary" for my job is all over the place. There's a huge gap in what I've seen online for my job. And I don't know anyone who currently does this job to ask them how much they make.

Job hunting sucks.

Lieutenant General Southern Red's Avatar

We're staying in a house up on a hill, so there's no one around after 10pm.
    However, the late dinner thing I'm okay with. I'm quite accustomed to having dinner rather late in the evening.

Also, we were in Malaga today. Visited the Alcazaba and the Archaeology Museum of Malaga, which so happens to be situated near the harbor, and there was a giant cruise ship ankered there. It said Princess Cruises on the side. I remember you took a cruise on the Mediterranean a couple of years ago so I was wondering whether that was with them.

It was huge, even standing on top of the castle's towers which makes everything look really tiny.
    Yes, we have done 2 Princess cruises to Alaska and the Med. It is a great company and the big ships are fabulous inside.

Have you ever been to Ronda, Spain? That was our favorite place. The parador there is right on the gorge and was the best place we stayed at in Spain.

Quote Originally Posted by JT-2 View Post
    I'm not good at negotiating. I usually bring someone with me when I go car shopping because I'll just take whatever the list cost is.

And another problem is that the "average salary" for my job is all over the place. There's a huge gap in what I've seen online for my job. And I don't know anyone who currently does this job to ask them how much they make.

Job hunting sucks.
    Yet another reason I'm glad to be out of the workforce.

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Have you ever been to Ronda, Spain? That was our favorite place.
    My sister says it's about 250km south of us.
    So nope... a little out of our current reach.

Visited the Caves of Nerja today... wow, I've seen some really beautiful galleries but this one outdid them by a long shot. Some incredible stalactites and -mites. Also, a few creepy ones... literally one that rises up in the middle of an otherwise empty space, ghostly white so I was really glad they had artificial light going cause by the goddesses I would have screamed the place down otherwise.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Ahhh, all this vacation talk is making me wistful for a trip. In the meantime, I'll live vicariously through all of you.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

I'm nearing the end of mine... Flying home on Saturday, and then back to work on Tuesday (cause Monday is Armistice Day).

And then it's countdown to the next one...

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

First Lieutenant Zandra's Ashes's Avatar

Yay- I was finally able to log on. They pushed through a security thing at work and none of us have been able to access much of anything online...which is unfortunate since we use WebEx for most of our meetings since we work at home. Oh well. I have some catching up to do on what I've missed.

Job hunting sucks.
    Yes, but I just saw a good article on negotiating on CNBC. It was called "I got 10k more when I negotiated my salary- here's the exact script I used." If you don't find that one, I'm sure you'll find lots of others. I don't enjoy that aspect of job hunting either.

Yes, we have done 2 Princess cruises to Alaska and the Med. It is a great company and the big ships are fabulous inside.

Have you ever been to Ronda, Spain? That was our favorite place. The parador there is right on the gorge and was the best place we stayed at in Spain.

Yet another reason I'm glad to be out of the workforce.
    I've yet to take a cruise. I have this irrational fear of being trapped on the ship. I really would love to do a river cruise on the Rhine.

My sister says it's about 250km south of us.
    So nope... a little out of our current reach.

Visited the Caves of Nerja today... wow, I've seen some really beautiful galleries but this one outdid them by a long shot. Some incredible stalactites and -mites. Also, a few creepy ones... literally one that rises up in the middle of an otherwise empty space, ghostly white so I was really glad they had artificial light going cause by the goddesses I would have screamed the place down otherwise.
    Hope you are having fun. I've been looking for more pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Ahhh, all this vacation talk is making me wistful for a trip. In the meantime, I'll live vicariously through all of you.
    You and me both. I've got to get to planning.
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Quote Originally Posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    I've yet to take a cruise. I have this irrational fear of being trapped on the ship. I really would love to do a river cruise on the Rhine.
    I get seasick so I'll never do a cruise.

Though funnily enough, I don't get seasick on a kayak, which is a good thing cause I love kayaking at sea.

Also, I counted the lifeboats on the cruiseship -- you should be fine. They have to make sure there are enough lifeboats for all the passengers these days. You can thank the sinking of the Titanic for that safety measure.

Hope you are having fun. I've been looking for more pictures.
    I've just posted a couple on Instagram.

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Yay- I was finally able to log on. They pushed through a security thing at work and none of us have been able to access much of anything online...which is unfortunate since we use WebEx for most of our meetings since we work at home. Oh well. I have some catching up to do on what I've missed.
    Ugh, the marvels of modern computing.

Also, I counted the lifeboats on the cruiseship -- you should be fine. They have to make sure there are enough lifeboats for all the passengers these days. You can thank the sinking of the Titanic for that safety measure. )
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

I've been on 2 cruises - one to Bermuda and one to the Bahamas. They are fun, as long as you don't get seasick.

Yes, but I just saw a good article on negotiating on CNBC. It was called "I got 10k more when I negotiated my salary- here's the exact script I used." If you don't find that one, I'm sure you'll find lots of others. I don't enjoy that aspect of job hunting either.
    Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out.

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!
    The RI Rams got trounced 19-55. Ouch.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

The RI Rams got trounced 19-55. Ouch.
    Ouch indeed.

I couldn't figure out why I couldn't find their scores at first, until I remembered there's another subdivision to NCAA Division 1, and that's where RI is. So now I know where to look. And with that...

...on to this week's College Football Roundup! Virginia Tech beat Wake Forest 36-17, USC beat Arizona State 31-26, Tennessee beat Kentucky 17-13, Rhode Island fell to William and Mary 55-19, Navy had a bye this week, and Air Force's game against New Mexico was postponed until the 23rd. On to next week!

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Ouch indeed.

I couldn't figure out why I couldn't find their scores at first, until I remembered there's another subdivision to NCAA Division 1, and that's where RI is. So now I know where to look. And with that...

...on to this week's College Football Roundup! Virginia Tech beat Wake Forest 36-17, USC beat Arizona State 31-26, Tennessee beat Kentucky 17-13, Rhode Island fell to William and Mary 55-19, Navy had a bye this week, and Air Force's game against New Mexico was postponed until the 23rd. On to next week!
    Thanks for including me!!

Fun fact: I found the Python programming code for "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"...

I swear, I was looking for something entirely different to solve my homework.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday! Yeah, I'm up way too early. Again.

Thanks for including me!!
    You're welcome! Took a bit to figure it out (I iz dunce LOL!) but I did eventually.

Fun fact: I found the Python programming code for "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"...

I have another phone screening tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday! Yeah, I'm up way too early. Again.
    Whoa, that IS early for you!!

You're welcome! Took a bit to figure it out (I iz dunce LOL!) but I did eventually.
    We all have moments like that.

First Lieutenant Zandra's Ashes's Avatar

It snowed! It's snowing again actually. And I must call the news station. I knew snow was the forecast (I didn't believe it, but I knew it was possible). I did not storm the grocery store for milk and bread, yet somehow I have survived. Miraculous.

I get seasick so I'll never do a cruise.

Though funnily enough, I don't get seasick on a kayak, which is a good thing cause I love kayaking at sea.

Also, I counted the lifeboats on the cruiseship -- you should be fine. They have to make sure there are enough lifeboats for all the passengers these days. You can thank the sinking of the Titanic for that safety measure.

I've just posted a couple on Instagram.
    I wasn't even thinking about that- and I get motion sickness in cars, airplanes and theme park rides. I keep motion sickness meds with me. Yep...I'm a terrible candidate for a cruise. Of course, I'm sure they have better medicine than what I get over the counter.

Your pictures are great! I want to go back to Spain to visit Seville and Bilbao, but every time you travel I add more things to my bucket list I'm not complaining- I love the inspiration.

Good luck!
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Good luck! You'll do great!

It snowed! It's snowing again actually. And I must call the news station. I knew snow was the forecast (I didn't believe it, but I knew it was possible). I did not storm the grocery store for milk and bread, yet somehow I have survived. Miraculous.
    LOL! Sure hoping we don't get ANY snow this year...last year's was enough for me.

I always thought it was just Rhode Islanders who did the whole "bread and milk" thing.

Good luck!

Good luck! You'll do great!
    Thank you both!! I was so nervous. It went okay. I'll find out next week if I will go in for a real interview or not. I'm still waiting to hear back about another job. I wish they would tell you if you're no longer in the running, so that you're just not waiting indefintely. They could send an email.

Your pictures are great! I want to go back to Spain to visit Seville and Bilbao, but every time you travel I add more things to my bucket list I'm not complaining- I love the inspiration.
    LOL! I'll remember that... Note to self: visit more places.

We don't know yet where our next trip is heading to. We have a short trips planned but the big ones are still a mystery for now.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!
    I always thought it was just Rhode Islanders who did the whole "bread and milk" thing.
    I thought everyone did that...

Thank you both!! I was so nervous. It went okay. I'll find out next week if I will go in for a real interview or not. I'm still waiting to hear back about another job. I wish they would tell you if you're no longer in the running, so that you're just not waiting indefintely. They could send an email.
    *crossing fingers for you*

LOL! I'll remember that... Note to self: visit more places.

We don't know yet where our next trip is heading to. We have a short trips planned but the big ones are still a mystery for now.
    Mystery is part of the fun.

Page 7673 of 7675 FirstFirst ... 66737173757376237663767076717672767376747675 LastLast