Page 7733 of 7736 FirstFirst ... 673372337633768377237730773177327733773477357736 LastLast
Results 154,641 to 154,660 of 154711
    First Lieutenant Zandra's Ashes's Avatar

Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!
    And Happy Stargate Day!
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

My work decided to give up their office space and have us all work from home permanently.

I've been doing a happy dance ever since.

Woo Hoo!!!!

Lieutenant General Southern Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JT-2 View Post
    My work decided to give up their office space and have us all work from home permanently.

Woo Hoo!!!!
    Great. Were you able to set up a home office? My DIL went over to her office and stole borrowed a chair and assorted computer equipment.

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Quote Originally Posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    And Happy Stargate Day!
    LOL, I completely forgot about that.

Woo Hoo!!!!
    YAY! That's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Red View Post
    Great. Were you able to set up a home office? My DIL went over to her office and stole borrowed a chair and assorted computer equipment.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Woo Hoo!!!!

That is awesome!!!

My home office is currently my kitchen. I need to clean out the spare bedroom and turn that into the office. Ugh, cleaning.

When I got this job I bought a really good chair, and the company sent me all the computer stuff I needed.

YAY! That's awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    That is awesome!!!
    Yes, it is!! The main reason I studied medical coding was that eventually I could work from home permanently. And now I'm doing that anyway!!

hampster-dance.gif

Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar

Hello my worldy Sparky friends!

I'm currently sitting at my old kitchen table in my new living room, surrounded by disassembled furniture and boxes.... lots and lots and lots of boxes... YES!! We managed to move all our stuff out of the appartment. The last pieces -- mainly cardboard/paper and plastic waste -- will be picked up today (this afternoon). I've also have some painting to do -- namely the holes I plugged yesterday (depending whether I can still remember where they were -- if not, meh... the Austrian who's renting next won't notice the difference either).

Our cats are out exploring the house, after having been locked up in the same room for the past 3 days, though one of them has decided that hiding underneath the blankets of the bed is a better idea.

And now... the unpacking begins...

Also, we probably moved just in time cause our federal government is likely to commence another lockdown today or tomorrow.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

My home office is currently my kitchen. I need to clean out the spare bedroom and turn that into the office. Ugh, cleaning.
    Ugh, yeah cleaning sucks. But think how much nicer it will be when it's done!

When I got this job I bought a really good chair, and the company sent me all the computer stuff I needed.
    Excellent!

Yes, it is!! The main reason I studied medical coding was that eventually I could work from home permanently. And now I'm doing that anyway!!

hampster-dance.gif
    Isn't it nice how things just manage to work out?

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Hello my worldy Sparky friends!

I'm currently sitting at my old kitchen table in my new living room, surrounded by disassembled furniture and boxes.... lots and lots and lots of boxes... YES!! We managed to move all our stuff out of the appartment. The last pieces -- mainly cardboard/paper and plastic waste -- will be picked up today (this afternoon). I've also have some painting to do -- namely the holes I plugged yesterday (depending whether I can still remember where they were -- if not, meh... the Austrian who's renting next won't notice the difference either).

Our cats are out exploring the house, after having been locked up in the same room for the past 3 days, though one of them has decided that hiding underneath the blankets of the bed is a better idea.

And now... the unpacking begins...

Also, we probably moved just in time cause our federal government is likely to commence another lockdown today or tomorrow.
    Whew, gotta love that just in time timing, right? And more at the cat hiding under the blankets...that's about how I feel this morning.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday, and Happy Halloween!

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday, and Happy Halloween!
    Yes, happy Halloween everyone!! It snowed here yesterday, and there's still some left today so it looks more like winter than Halloween.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Yes, happy Halloween everyone!! It snowed here yesterday, and there's still some left today so it looks more like winter than Halloween.
    LOL! Reminds me of the one year it snowed late Halloween night and we woke to the white stuff everywhere. So. Weird.

On to this week's College Football Roundup! Virginia Tech beat Louisville 42-35, Tennessee had a bye, Navy lost to SMU 51-37, and Air Force lost to Boise State 49-30. Buckle up for next week, because the Pac-12 is entering the chat!

...Air Force lost to Boise State 49-30...
    That's not as bad as last week. They'll be back on top in no time.

As of yesterday I am officially a grandparents-orphan... My last remaining grandfather passed away yesterday, thereby joining the covid-19 death statistics.

Not unexpected, but still... you know... devastating.

My uncle, aunt and cousin who were also infected are still feeling sick but are no longer in quarantine. Physically they seem to be better, but apparently my uncle crashed on a mental level, which is not unexpected either.

No idea when the funeral's going to be but considering the rules-changes last week, it will be family only and it's a good thing there are less than 15 members cause that's the maximum of people which can attend.
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

FH, my deepest condolences on your grandfather's passing and my best wishes for a speedy recovery for your other relatives. *hugs you*

FH, I'm so very sorry about your grandfather.

And I hope your other relatives feel better soon.

Thank you.

Aunt asked the grandkids to write a small text... now, my grandfather had the habit of telling, mostly me (cause I was more or less the only one who would do it -- sometimes on purpose), to "Goddammit, take your can home with you!" whenever I came walking in, slurping on a can of coke or other soda beverage. The thing is that it stuck with me so whenever my sister is eating a cookie or drinking something in my car, and it looks like she's going to leave her waste behind, I tell her to "goddammit, take that with you!"... so my idea was to just put a picture of a can of coke and the "Goddammit.." line right next to it. My aunt thought it was funny but that not everyone might get the reference.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Thank you.

Aunt asked the grandkids to write a small text... now, my grandfather had the habit of telling, mostly me (cause I was more or less the only one who would do it -- sometimes on purpose), to "Goddammit, take your can home with you!" whenever I came walking in, slurping on a can of coke or other soda beverage. The thing is that it stuck with me so whenever my sister is eating a cookie or drinking something in my car, and it looks like she's going to leave her waste behind, I tell her to "goddammit, take that with you!"... so my idea was to just put a picture of a can of coke and the "Goddammit.." line right next to it. My aunt thought it was funny but that not everyone might get the reference.
    Oh, that's a great story! Even if you don't use that particular text for your tribute, it'd be great to pass that story along to everyone...including the part about how you now do the same with your sister.

Thank you.

I smiled just reading that. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Lieutenant General Southern Red's Avatar

That's not as bad as last week. They'll be back on top in no time.

As of yesterday I am officially a grandparents-orphan... My last remaining grandfather passed away yesterday, thereby joining the covid-19 death statistics.

Not unexpected, but still... you know... devastating.

My uncle, aunt and cousin who were also infected are still feeling sick but are no longer in quarantine. Physically they seem to be better, but apparently my uncle crashed on a mental level, which is not unexpected either.

No idea when the funeral's going to be but considering the rules-changes last week, it will be family only and it's a good thing there are less than 15 members cause that's the maximum of people which can attend.
    So sorry for your loss and I know it's particularly hard right now when you can't visit as before. Those amusing stories will last you forever.

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Good evening, Sparkies! I'd say 'Screw the Angst' Wednesday is particularly appropriate today for a myriad of reasons.

So sorry for your loss and I know it's particularly hard right now when you can't visit as before. Those amusing stories will last you forever.
    They do indeed and boy do we have some stories that'll last us a lifetime of laughter, which quite possibly weren't funny at the time they happened but definitely illicit much laughter now thinking back on them. Some of them, at my expense too.

Page 7733 of 7736 FirstFirst ... 673372337633768377237730773177327733773477357736 LastLast