Page 7601 of 7602 FirstFirst ... 6601710175017551759175987599760076017602 LastLast
Results 152,001 to 152,020 of 152040
    Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    What a cute story. Glad the bunny has a happy ending for vacay. Sorry you are back in the heat and- I'm guessing- back to the grind of work.
    Heat -- yes. At least one more day. The forecast promised thunderstorms, rain and a temperature around 25 degrees celsius. But so far, no thunderstorm, no rain and certainly no 10 degree drop.

Work -- nope. Not until next week thursday at least.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1201&dateline=1311771170
    icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 5 of SG-1

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Heat -- yes. At least one more day. The forecast promised thunderstorms, rain and a temperature around 25 degrees celsius. But so far, no thunderstorm, no rain and certainly no 10 degree drop.

Work -- nope. Not until next week thursday at least.
    Our forecast is showing showers Friday evening into Saturday. Hope it holds up, we could use some rain up here.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

We got some serious winds, lightning and thunderstorm stuff during the night. Slept through two occurences so I don't know how severe the last two were but the yard is covered in broken off twigs and branches from the neighbor's trees.

And my dad found a toy from a swimmingpool in his yard... blown in from some adjacent garden, either the one on the right but we think it could be more from one on the left and that means it was picked up at least 2 yards earlier before it made its way into his.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1201&dateline=1311771170
    icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

I'm so glad the bunny was found!!!

We're in the middle of a heat wave here. 90+ degrees F, 32 C. And humid as hell. I'm sick of it.

I have my final in anatomy tomorrow. It's 9 essay questions which he gave us. It's a lot of info per question, so it's actually harder than it sounds. Since I did so well on the quizzes (thank you, God, for the invention of multiple choice) and the final is worth only 20 percent, I know that even if I get a zero I will pass with a C. So my level of motivation for memorizing this huge chunk of info is pretty low. I've already decided I'm not going to even try to answer 2 of the 9 questions. My geeky desire for an A has been passed by my brain's capacity level reaching its limit.

And then next Monday I'm off to Cancun!!! Yes it will be hot, but I'll have the ocean to go into!

Oh yeah, I watched 2 SGA eps this morning - McKay and Mrs. Miller and Phantoms. Neither of them have much Elizabeth so they're not my faves. Although I like John's exasperated "I'm sorry for shooting everybody!"
    Last edited by JT-2; August 8th, 2018 at 12:57 PM.

As long as multiple choice isn't graded in the manner that punishes guessing.

Over here, multiple choice is usually graded as such: a correct answer gives you +1, but a wrong one isn't 0 points but -1 instead. It's a way to dissuade students from guessing the answer instead of knowing the answer. Thereby you would have to be sure about at least half of the questions. Basically, our reasoning has always been, if you don't know, don't answer. If you're not sure, take a guess but be sure about the guess.

I hate multiple choice.

Over here, multiple choice is usually graded as such: a correct answer gives you +1, but a wrong one isn't 0 points but -1 instead. It's a way to dissuade students from guessing the answer instead of knowing the answer. Thereby you would have to be sure about at least half of the questions. Basically, our reasoning has always been, if you don't know, don't answer. If you're not sure, take a guess but be sure about the guess.

I hate multiple choice.
    Ours is different. If you get it wrong, you just get 0 points. So guessing is encouraged. I'd hate your way.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Quote Originally Posted by JT-2 View Post

We're in the middle of a heat wave here. 90+ degrees F, 32 C. And humid as hell. I'm sick of it.

I have my final in anatomy tomorrow. It's 9 essay questions which he gave us. It's a lot of info per question, so it's actually harder than it sounds. Since I did so well on the quizzes (thank you, God, for the invention of multiple choice) and the final is worth only 20 percent, I know that even if I get a zero I will pass with a C. So my level of motivation for memorizing this huge chunk of info is pretty low. I've already decided I'm not going to even try to answer 2 of the 9 questions. My geeky desire for an A has been passed by my brain's capacity level reaching its limit.

And then next Monday I'm off to Cancun!!! Yes it will be hot, but I'll have the ocean to go into!

Oh yeah, I watched 2 SGA eps this morning - McKay and Mrs. Miller and Phantoms. Neither of them have much Elizabeth so they're not my faves. Although I like John's exasperated "I'm sorry for shooting everybody!"
    Well, at least he gave you the questions so you know what to expect! Good luck on your final and have fun on your trip!

I hate multiple choice.
    I'm with JT-2, I'd hate that way.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

I got VERY lucky with my final. The professor had us only answer 5 out of the 9 questions. Woo Hoo!

But, phew.... it's over. That was the class I was most worried about and I'm SO glad it's done.

Yay!! You rock!

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

I got VERY lucky with my final. The professor had us only answer 5 out of the 9 questions. Woo Hoo!

But, phew.... it's over. That was the class I was most worried about and I'm SO glad it's done.
    Hooray! That's a relief!

First Lieutenant Zandra's Ashes's Avatar

You are brave. We used to be take vacations in the summer, but now we avoid it at all costs (unless it's work travel that can't be avoided). We take side trips that are drive-able, but nothing expensive because, well you know. It can be miserable in the south in summer. Now we go to beach in March, Charleston in December. I love it. No more melting, lol. Next big work trip is in Ireland and the current forecast shows highs around 65 degrees- near perfect for me when I travel. Can't wait!

And I love that Sheppard line- Sorry for shooting everyone. I was just showing that to someone last week who needed a good laugh. That scene and the scene from Hide and Seek where Sheppard told Weir "I shot him. (Pause for Weir giving him the WTH look). In the leg. (shrug)" I sooo miss this show. I also showed them the McKay scene from Runner when he was running through the woods shooting a gun and screaming. There are so many McKay moments and quotes I love, but I'm not sure any of them top his screaming in that scene (for me, anyway).

I really need to get to re-watching some of these again. Makes me smile just to think about all the funnies.

I hate multiple choice.
    That is some crazy weather. And that is a messed up way of handling multiple choice. They would have needed to hand me a Xanax along with the test.

Yay! That's got to be a huge load off your shoulders.
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Thanks everybody!

You are brave. We used to be take vacations in the summer, but now we avoid it at all costs (unless it's work travel that can't be avoided). We take side trips that are drive-able, but nothing expensive because, well you know. It can be miserable in the south in summer. Now we go to beach in March, Charleston in December. I love it. No more melting, lol. Next big work trip is in Ireland and the current forecast shows highs around 65 degrees- near perfect for me when I travel. Can't wait!
    I'd normally try to avoid summer travel too, but it's the only time we have available to go for the foreseeable future. Ireland, huh? That's super exciting!!!!!! And yeah, 65 is ideal. That should be a lot of fun!

And I love that Sheppard line- Sorry for shooting everyone. I was just showing that to someone last week who needed a good laugh. That scene and the scene from Hide and Seek where Sheppard told Weir "I shot him. (Pause for Weir giving him the WTH look). In the leg. (shrug)" I sooo miss this show. I also showed them the McKay scene from Runner when he was running through the woods shooting a gun and screaming. There are so many McKay moments and quotes I love, but I'm not sure any of them top his screaming in that scene (for me, anyway).

I really need to get to re-watching some of these again. Makes me smile just to think about all the funnies.
    There are some great comedic moments, that's for sure! I hope someday we do another rewatch on the thread. Those were great fun.

That is some crazy weather. And that is a messed up way of handling multiple choice. They would have needed to hand me a Xanax along with the test.
    Right?! That would have changed my whole school experience. I'm the queen of guessing on multiple choice. *shudders*

Yay! That's got to be a huge load off your shoulders.
    Yes, it most certainly is!

Next big work trip is in Ireland...
    Whereabouts in Ireland?

First Lieutenant Zandra's Ashes's Avatar

Whereabouts in Ireland?
    Dublin, but I get four days of downtime and I'm going to take some side trips. Super excited! But the choices are so hard. Cliffs of Moher are a must. Then there is Belfast and Giant's Causeway (and Game of Thrones sites), Kerry and the Skelling Islands (Star Wars film site). I want to go everywhere, lol. Maybe if I'm super productive and stay out of the pubs at night, I can finish early and snag some extra time.
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Guess what I got in the mail today.... a postcard from Scotland from Falcon Horus!!!

Thanks so much for sending that. The picture is awesome!!

Dublin, but I get four days of downtime and I'm going to take some side trips. Super excited! But the choices are so hard. Cliffs of Moher are a must. Then there is Belfast and Giant's Causeway (and Game of Thrones sites), Kerry and the Skelling Islands (Star Wars film site). I want to go everywhere, lol. Maybe if I'm super productive and stay out of the pubs at night, I can finish early and snag some extra time.
    You are literally talking of crossing Ireland east to west and back. It can be done in 4 days but you can't stay in one place too long if you do.

Dublin, you say, is where you're gonna be. Then I suggest heading north to Belfast, and pass by the Boyne Valley and go see Newgrange passagetomb, and Knowth (Dowth is accessible put it's on private land). But Newgrange is truly spectacular. From there you can head to Belfast (don't forget, you'll be crossing into the United Kingdom so you'll need to have English pounds at hand too, on top of Euros in Ireland). The Giant's Causeway is very much up north, and might be quite the distance to travel to from Dublin. I would stick to Belfast and surrounding area. Perhaps visit the Titanic museum from where you can see the Titanic studios where interior sets of Game of Thrones are (or were) situated. And then some locations (I saw a few, they are fascinating but hardly recognizable when you're at the locations and try to remember the scenes).

If you decide on the Cliffs of Moher, then you can drive passed Cobh which has its own Titanic history and of course see the Skellig Islands. You can only reach these by boat and only on certain moments, and if the sea is too rough, no boats go out or you cannot dock on the islands. We saw them from afar once. We're not boat-people.

The ring of Kerry is very beautiful.

Oh, and Glendalough near Dublin, not too far into the Wicklow Mountains -- also very beautiful.

I've been to Ireland a few times now... Can you tell?

Guess what I got in the mail today.... a postcard from Scotland from Falcon Horus!!!

Oh, that's quicker than we expected.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

It's getting to be miserable everywhere in the summer. The upside is, if it's a road trip, there's more daylight for driving.

There are some great comedic moments, that's for sure! I hope someday we do another rewatch on the thread. Those were great fun.
    I hope so too. We'd have to find a time when all or most of us can be here...

Yay! That was fast!

I got an A in my anatomy class! I've been dancing around the house.

minion - party.jpg

I know I've now lost all credibility with thinking I'm going to do poorly. I only lucked out because the professor didn't make us answer every question on the final.

Lieutenant General Southern Red's Avatar

I got an A in my anatomy class! I've been dancing around the house.

minion - party.jpg

I know I've now lost all credibility with thinking I'm going to do poorly. I only lucked out because the professor didn't make us answer every question on the final.
    Congrats. We knew you would do well.

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

I know I've now lost all credibility with thinking I'm going to do poorly.
    Reminds me of a friend in college who would literally complain she did poorly on every exam. She passed with high honors every single exam. Graduated with high honors twice,... no wait, three times cause she went to the conservatory after college to study classical music -- singing opera and the likes (she sings as a guest singer in metal bands).

Page 7601 of 7602 FirstFirst ... 6601710175017551759175987599760076017602 LastLast