No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It's Friday... time to do ... nothing... cause too damn tired. Going on vacation is really tiresome.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

It's also Veterans Day here in the US (and Armistice Day in other parts of the world). Please take a moment to remember those who served and the sacrifices they have made to defend the freedoms we have today.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Here's this week's College Football Roundup: It's a mixed bag all around as USC beat Colorado 38-24, Virginia Tech lost to Georgia Tech 28-22, Tennessee lost to Missouri 50-17, and in the race for the Atlantis Cup, Air Force fell to Wyoming 28-14, while Navy beat SMU 43-40.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            ...Air Force fell to Wyoming 28-14...
            Looks like my Falcons need another pep-talk.
            Perhaps their season goes up and down like a falcon hunting for food -- lower to the ground when he's hungry and higher when he's had his meal.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              My literal reaction:

Bruges is about a 2,5 drive from where I'm at. I have friends in the neighborhood of Bruges though.
              However, I wasn't in Belgium the past few days. I was in Tenerife, spending some quality time with the local vulcano, the Teide, and the local wildlife -- literally surrounded by a pod of dolphins while kayaking and a curious seaturtle. Also, stood eye-to-eye with a rescued Orca (the nearly deaf Morgan, rescued from the North Sea which is not a place where orcas naturally appear) -- like a meter apart, gazing into eachother's eyes. Hers were a nice shade of blue.

Sounds like you're describing the good old fashioned "Stoofvlees" dish, which is yummy and the sauce is also very yummy as a substitute for mayo or ketchup with fries.

Okay, ouch...

A timezone yo-yo -- check

DST Belgium -1h
              Tenerife four days later -1h cause different timezone (so that's a loss of 2h)
              Back to Belgium 7 days later +1

This morning the alarm went off at 6am -- sure didn't feel like it.
              Sounds like you had an beautiful trip! What a lovely experience. And yes, time zone yo-yo, I love it. The word, not the jet lag induced confusion.

I found a recipe for the beef stew dish that I'm going to try out this week- it's so cold here! I'll have to make some fries to and give that a try.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

It's also Veterans Day here in the US (and Armistice Day in other parts of the world). Please take a moment to remember those who served and the sacrifices they have made to defend the freedoms we have today.
              Veteran's Day seemed unusually touching this year. Maybe because it fell on the weekend and the numbers at the annual parade I usually attend more than doubled from last year. In valor there is hope. We will never forget their sacrifices.

While the parade was poignant, football was brutal. Tennessee is officially without head coach for the remainder of the season. A tough break for all involved. I feel for the team.
              sigpic
              Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                Sounds like you had an beautiful trip! What a lovely experience.
                I was literally moved to tears (even though I will deny saying so if ever having to say it out loud to anyone ), and I'm hardly if ever moveable to tears so the fact that these experiences did so, gives some indication of the raw beauty I identify them with. The absolute epitome of happiness.

I found a recipe for the beef stew dish that I'm going to try out this week- it's so cold here! I'll have to make some fries to and give that a try.
                Definitely try it with fries -- and perhaps if you ever make it to Belgium, we could meet up and introduce you to plenty more good stuff. Like other classics my grandmother used to make for us.

Comment

I'm going to watch The Siege trio today. Fun times. Drama, excitement, HUGS!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  That storm came through here on the one night in the week that Mr. SR and I went out to dinner with friends. We were lucky though and didn't lose power.

Next to opening emails and clicking on links from people you don't know and then calling him to ask for help when your whole system gets corrupted, writing down passwords is Mr. SR's biggest pet peeve.

I know no one here will believe this but a friend called Mr. SR this week asking for help with a document that she planned to send him by snail mail. He suggested she scan it into a word processor. Her reply "What's a word processor?" I swear I am not making this up. She has a computer, is on FB and shops online. I guess she just never needed to type anything. LOL So, we got the doc by snail mail. He scanned it, made the changes she wanted, I edited it, we printed it off and mailed it back. Easier than trying to teach her.
                  Oh my goodness. Wow.

My sister lost her internet for a week and I was asking if she could still use her phone or was her data plan limited. She had no clue what I was talking about. So I asked if she had her phone connected to her Wifi and again she had no clue. I gave up.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Chocolate is like bacon. It's the food that makes all other foods taste good.
                  Amen!

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Definitely pretty out here. Three days after Halloween, and we have SNOW.

Exactly.
                  Snow?? EEK!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Looks like my Falcons need another pep-talk.
                    Perhaps their season goes up and down like a falcon hunting for food -- lower to the ground when he's hungry and higher when he's had his meal.
                    Heh! You may have something with that.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                    SQUEE! It's always That Hug.

My sister lost her internet for a week and I was asking if she could still use her phone or was her data plan limited. She had no clue what I was talking about. So I asked if she had her phone connected to her Wifi and again she had no clue. I gave up.

Snow?? EEK!!
                    I know, right? Boggled my mind, that's for sure. Now we're in the 50s but with a windstorm roaring outside.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Comment

I was literally moved to tears (even though I will deny saying so if ever having to say it out loud to anyone ), and I'm hardly if ever moveable to tears so the fact that these experiences did so, gives some indication of the raw beauty I identify them with. The absolute epitome of happiness.

Definitely try it with fries -- and perhaps if you ever make it to Belgium, we could meet up and introduce you to plenty more good stuff. Like other classics my grandmother used to make for us.
                        Will do and I'm already planning a return trip to Europe. I'm hoping to get back next May or June. Oddly enough, flights have been less expensive for me to fly to Europe than to the West Coast, through March anyway. I'll have to see if they put any of the warmer dates on sale. Then I'll just have to decide what I can fit into a week's visit.

I'm going to have to watch those next. I've been bouncing around trying to re-watch some of the ones I tend to skip by, but you had me at hugs.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Heh! You may have something with that.

SQUEE! It's always That Hug.

I know, right? Boggled my mind, that's for sure. Now we're in the 50s but with a windstorm roaring outside.
                        I saw some crazy video footage on the news, it looked like the ferries were getting knocked around quite a bit. Hope it's settling down.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

I saw some crazy video footage on the news, it looked like the ferries were getting knocked around quite a bit. Hope it's settling down.
                          Yeah, it's slowly starting to taper off. So glad I didn't have to go anywhere on the ferries yesterday.

Comment

I'm going to have to watch those next. I've been bouncing around trying to re-watch some of the ones I tend to skip by, but you had me at hugs.
                            I ended up watching from The Gift through Intruder. Strong Sparky stuff there! I must say that SGA holds up pretty well. I replayed That Hug a few times.

Hey Scary Kitty - question for ya, you being the Marvel expert. I am going to see the latest Thor movie soon and I want to watch all the ones that feature those characters. So would it be Thor 1, Avengers 1, Thor 2? Is that right? I've been watching them and I miiiight be a little obsessed with Loki. So I like sarcastic damaged villains, what can I say?

Comment

Thor and at least one member of his supporting cast are in Thor 1, The Avengers, Thor 2, Avengers 2, and now Thor 3. Avengers 2 has only a couple short cameos but they are still in there.
                              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

I ended up watching from The Gift through Intruder. Strong Sparky stuff there! I must say that SGA holds up pretty well. I replayed That Hug a few times.
                                Who doesn't?

Hey Scary Kitty - question for ya, you being the Marvel expert. I am going to see the latest Thor movie soon and I want to watch all the ones that feature those characters. So would it be Thor 1, Avengers 1, Thor 2? Is that right? I've been watching them and I miiiight be a little obsessed with Loki. So I like sarcastic damaged villains, what can I say?
                                Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                                Thor and at least one member of his supporting cast are in Thor 1, The Avengers, Thor 2, Avengers 2, and now Thor 3. Avengers 2 has only a couple short cameos but they are still in there.
                                I'd definitely agree; Thor, The Avengers, Thor: The Dark World, and Avengers: Age of Ultron.

To add to that, Age of Ultron has a couple of scenes in particular with Thor that you'll want to pay attention to. It involves a vision he has; a part of it pertains to the AoU story, but it also has some foreshadowing of things to come in Thor 3 and onward to Avengers 3 & 4.

Comment

Working...
                                X