Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    My Falcons won again!

I should try to watch a game ... probably will have to download it, or maybe I can watch online somewhere.

Edit
    Watched the highlights on YouTube. I don't get this crazy game.
    It takes years to understand the basics and nobody but the officials understands the rules. Still after all this time, when Mr. SR is yelling "pass interference" I'm yelling "Where, how did you see that?"

And JT-2, you should really become a football fan. RI has a great team with a super QB. They gave VT a run for their money yesterday.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Especially for FH, Andy Griffith explains football. The term "convict" refers to the fact that the officials wear black and white striped uniforms like convicts used to do here. Hopefully, the Southern accent won't stop you from laughing.

Spoiler:
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Especially for FH, Andy Griffith explains football. The term "convict" refers to the fact that the officials wear black and white striped uniforms like convicts used to do here. Hopefully, the Southern accent won't stop you from laughing.
        I'll watch it tonight.

Referees tend to be referred to as "Dirty Blacks" in our football regions -- depending how biased they are.
        I remember my grandfather yelling it to the referee when he would take me to the local games in our village. I'd never heard him curse like that before so it always amused me how he seemed to loose his cool when games didn't go well for his team.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

I'll watch it tonight.

Referees tend to be referred to as "Dirty Blacks" in our football regions -- depending how biased they are.
          I remember my grandfather yelling it to the referee when he would take me to the local games in our village. I'd never heard him curse like that before so it always amused me how he seemed to loose his cool when games didn't go well for his team.
          "Convicts" and "Dirty Blacks". Just goes to show that no matter what side of the Pond you live on or what sport you're talking about, the refs suck.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'll watch it tonight.

Yep, same here. SR Jr. has had to learn to curb his language when watching football with the twins. That's the only TV they are allowed, plus College Gameday on Sat morning, which as SR Jr. says "Because it's part of football, duh."
            sigpic

Comment

It takes years to understand the basics and nobody but the officials understands the rules. Still after all this time, when Mr. SR is yelling "pass interference" I'm yelling "Where, how did you see that?"

And JT-2, you should really become a football fan. RI has a great team with a super QB. They gave VT a run for their money yesterday.
              I am a football fan, just not a college football fan. College football just isn't a thing here. It's always been all about the professionals. Good to know we have a good team, though! Maybe I should see if they air them here on the local channels.

And yes to your comment about the penalities. I'm always like "What? Where?" I'm good with all the basic rules and stuff, but there is always something that I don't get.

Comment

I was surprised -- although only saw the highlights so maybe they weren't happening then -- that the games were a lot rougher, but it seems English rugby is like a warzone compared to American Football.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I was surprised -- although only saw the highlights so maybe they weren't happening then -- that the games were a lot rougher, but it seems English rugby is like a warzone compared to American Football.
                  I have a neighbor whose son plays rugby. They have a bumper sticker that says "Give blood. Play rugby." lol And even though my family loves football, we would never let kids play.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

And so are you! *hugs you*

Here's this week's College Football Roundup: It was a nearly perfect week as Virginia Tech beat Rhode Island 34-17, Tennessee beat Mississippi State 20-10, USC lost to Notre Dame 30-27 (noooo ), Air Force beat Fresno State 43-24, and Navy beat Tulsa 45-17.
                    Thank goodness for that TN win. We had a radio host who planted himself on a roof declaring he wouldn't come in until the Vols won. It was the first week we dipped below 40 degrees.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

I have a neighbor whose son plays rugby. They have a bumper sticker that says "Give blood. Play rugby." lol And even though my family loves football, we would never let kids play.
                      LOL! Of course, up here near the Canadian border, it's more like, "Give blood. Play hockey."
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

LOL! Of course, up here near the Canadian border, it's more like, "Give blood. Play hockey."
                            That's gotten more popular here over the years. It helps that Nashville's pro team is pretty good. Now the fans have deemed Nashville as Smashville. Oh...and I think we've discussed this before, but they throw a fish on the ice? Not sure what that's all about. They're not supposed to but someone usually manages to smuggle one in past security.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                              That's gotten more popular here over the years. It helps that Nashville's pro team is pretty good. Now the fans have deemed Nashville as Smashville. Oh...and I think we've discussed this before, but they throw a fish on the ice? Not sure what that's all about. They're not supposed to but someone usually manages to smuggle one in past security.
                              Same is true of NC with the advent of the Hurricanes. I even went to a game with my friend once. Didn't really see the attraction, plus it was cold.
                              sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                                Hockey fans are weird. And I say that as one!

Comment

Working...
                                X