Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I guess I'm the only girly girl in here because I love all the things you people hate. But that's okay by me. I'm the one who has ¾ of the closet plus the guest room closet and several racks of clothes in the basement that Mr. SR calls my department store. You never know. I might just be a size 6 again and if I am I'll have clothes for it. Presently, I am saving up for a new purse. I'm very particular about those. It has to have the right number of pockets, not be stiff or too heavy, yet large enough for my iPad and be comfortable to carry over my shoulder. My DIL is partial to Tory Burch and there's an outlet near where she and my son live, so I'm saving gift cards. I may have enough after my birthday in Feb. This will be the last purse I ever buy. I mean it. She may be thinking that it will be hers after I'm gone. She has a gray one, so I'll probably get the black. I'm just thoughtful that way.

Gah- letting that slide as I hear those bags last forever! The last few I have bought have been from Sole Society. Vegan and easier on the pocket book, though they may not have the same longevity.

I used to have more clothes (and assorted sizes) when I worked outside my home more, but I've downsized my wardrobe along with all the things in my home. I was a bit slow to discover "stuff" stresses me out. It's been a process over the last five years, but I've found it to be a big boost to my mental well being (and I need all the help I can get, lol). Books are my nemesis though. After purging I still have over 200, which I suppose is a small amount to many book lovers (but well above Marie Kondo's recommended 30). I try to trade before I buy new to me secondhand ones, but I've read so many that I've re-read several times or know I will read again. It's. So. Hard. At least they are neatly contained to two bookcases now, so aesthetically its not stressful. #goodproblemstohave
    sigpic
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Snowpocalypse update...we've lost our satellite signal and getting an error message about the dish being obstructed. Can't see the dish from where I am, but I'm guessing snow is the culprit. At least we've still got the Apple TV...
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        ...At least we've still got the Apple TV...
        Until the internet goes and then it's back to discs... or books...

It's frellin' 12 degrees celsius over here. Nature is being tricked into thinking spring is coming so birds are singing way too early .... GUYS, it's still "winter"... keep your yaps shut, thank you!
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Snowpocalypse update: Temps are above freezing and the thaw has begun in earnest! Everything should be melted off in time for grocery shopping on Saturday...

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Funny you should mention that...since everyone else all over was stuck at home too, the internet was SLOW. Clearly everyone had the same idea, go stream some good shows! Then the satellite TV came back in time for the evening news.

It's frellin' 12 degrees celsius over here. Nature is being tricked into thinking spring is coming so birds are singing way too early .... GUYS, it's still "winter"... keep your yaps shut, thank you!
          OMG those birdbrains!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Heck, I lost all interest when they said it wasn't going to be connected to Smallville. DC's endless merry-go-round of film/TV reboots got exhausting after a while.
            I was on vacation so I couldn't respond to this before now, but apparently it is connected now (sort of).

Although what was really weird was in the end,
            Spoiler:
            that they explicitly included the Smallville universe in the Arrowverse multiverse (although didn't Smallville already have it's own multiverse concept?) which means the Smallville Clark and everyone he ever knew was killed by the Anti-Monitor. Eventually the Multiverse was reborn, but it was in a different form, and we never explicitly see them come back. I guess you are just supposed to assume that happened? You could just as easily conclude that Smallville canon was wiped from existence, though.
            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
              I was on vacation so I couldn't respond to this before now, but apparently it is connected now (sort of).

Although what was really weird was in the end,
              Spoiler:
              that they explicitly included the Smallville universe in the Arrowverse multiverse (although didn't Smallville already have it's own multiverse concept?) which means the Smallville Clark and everyone he ever knew was killed by the Anti-Monitor. Eventually the Multiverse was reborn, but it was in a different form, and we never explicitly see them come back. I guess you are just supposed to assume that happened? You could just as easily conclude that Smallville canon was wiped from existence, though.
              LOL,
              Spoiler:
              it's been so long since I watched Smallville that I don't even remember if it had it's own multiverse.

As for the wiped from existence and then reborn bit, yeah, that sort of thing has happened before in the comics, both DC and Marvel. Heck, now that we've got multiverse in the MCU, I fully expect to see some sort of reset to the MCU at some point in the future.

Comment

That was going on here early this week. I had my windows open during an online meeting and one of them paused and was like- "what is that noise?" Me, trying to pretend I'm professional and that my cats weren't throwing themselves at the window to get to the squawking bird, "What noise? It must be something on the phone line."

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Snowpocalypse update: Temps are above freezing and the thaw has begun in earnest! Everything should be melted off in time for grocery shopping on Saturday...

Funny you should mention that...since everyone else all over was stuck at home too, the internet was SLOW. Clearly everyone had the same idea, go stream some good shows! Then the satellite TV came back in time for the evening news.
                That's the best part of being snowed in. Settling in for a bingefest. Hoping the weather behaves for your grocery shopping.
                sigpic
                Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                  That was going on here early this week. I had my windows open during an online meeting and one of them paused and was like- "what is that noise?" Me, trying to pretend I'm professional and that my cats weren't throwing themselves at the window to get to the squawking bird, "What noise? It must be something on the phone line."

That's the best part of being snowed in. Settling in for a bingefest. Hoping the weather behaves for your grocery shopping.
                  We've had nearly springlike weather also with the birds singing like crazy until today. Now it's in the 30s with a "wintry mix" predicted for tomorrow. I had to make my annual visit to Walmart today to stock up on the bath powder I like that is cheap and that only they carry. Then after treking back to my car against the biting wind, I had to go to Safeway. You would have thought a blizzard was coming. For the record, my friends all call me a snob because I declare that I am not a Walmart shopper. I mean where do they get these people? So once a year is the most I can manage. And thank my lucky stars they have installed self checkout machines so I don't have to endure the hell that is the check out line. Which reminds me of the time I was checking out there and one of my former students was the check out person. After ringing up the lady in front of me, she loudly told her and everyone else in the vicinity that I had taught her everything she knows about math. Lord just open up this floor right now and swallow me. So I am not a Walmart shopper.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by southern red View Post
                    lord just open up this floor right now and swallow me.
                    lol!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Hoping the weather behaves for your grocery shopping.
                      Welp, the upper part of the driveway is clear with a few small patches here and there, but the lower part (which is right around the car and garage) still has a couple inches of icy snow crust on it. There's probably a good 20 feet we'd have to get through to get to the clear part. Haven't even seen what the road looks like yet...

We've had nearly springlike weather also with the birds singing like crazy until today. Now it's in the 30s with a "wintry mix" predicted for tomorrow. I had to make my annual visit to Walmart today to stock up on the bath powder I like that is cheap and that only they carry. Then after treking back to my car against the biting wind, I had to go to Safeway. You would have thought a blizzard was coming. For the record, my friends all call me a snob because I declare that I am not a Walmart shopper. I mean where do they get these people? So once a year is the most I can manage. And thank my lucky stars they have installed self checkout machines so I don't have to endure the hell that is the check out line. Which reminds me of the time I was checking out there and one of my former students was the check out person. After ringing up the lady in front of me, she loudly told her and everyone else in the vicinity that I had taught her everything she knows about math. Lord just open up this floor right now and swallow me. So I am not a Walmart shopper.
                      Oh dear...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Comment

A lazy Sunday is good today as we are still tired from babysitting the twins yesterday.

Spoiler:
                          1. Thing 2 smashed his fingers in a drawer three times.
                          2. Thing 1 needed a nap but instead screamed the house down while Thing 2 stood pointing upstairs and looking at us as if to demand we do something.
                          3. Thing 2 wandered into the hall and couldn't figure out how to get back where we were so stood and cried his saddest baby in the world cry until somebody came and got him.
                          4. Mr. SR's shoes were the best toy of the day.
                          5. Things you say to twins: Don't stick your finger in your brother's mouth. Stop hitting your brother with a book. Don't drink your brother's milk. Why are you crying just because your brother is crying? You're not the one who is injured.
                          6. Thing 2 investigates everything in his environment with one finger. Thing 1 belongs to the grab and smash club.
                          sigpic

Comment

Can I just say that absolutely adore "The Continued Adventures of Thing 1 and Thing 2" as chronicled by Grandma SR.

Assuming Gateworld is still around when they are old enough to see this... it's a little like The Truman Show (note to Thing 1 & 2: ask your parents who that was).

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

A lazy Sunday is good today as we are still tired from babysitting the twins yesterday.

Spoiler:
                              1. Thing 2 smashed his fingers in a drawer three times.
                              2. Thing 1 needed a nap but instead screamed the house down while Thing 2 stood pointing upstairs and looking at us as if to demand we do something.
                              3. Thing 2 wandered into the hall and couldn't figure out how to get back where we were so stood and cried his saddest baby in the world cry until somebody came and got him.
                              4. Mr. SR's shoes were the best toy of the day.
                              5. Things you say to twins: Don't stick your finger in your brother's mouth. Stop hitting your brother with a book. Don't drink your brother's milk. Why are you crying just because your brother is crying? You're not the one who is injured.
                              6. Thing 2 investigates everything in his environment with one finger. Thing 1 belongs to the grab and smash club.
                              OMG. Those two goofballs! I love hearing about their shenanigans!

Can I just say that absolutely adore "The Continued Adventures of Thing 1 and Thing 2" as chronicled by Grandma SR.

Assuming Gateworld is still around when they are old enough to see this... it's a little like The Truman Show (note to Thing 1 & 2: ask your parents who that was).

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

OMG. Those two goofballs! I love hearing about their shenanigans!

Thanks for the feedback. I swear I'm not making any of it up. Also, I forgot to add that if you go into the kitchen and ask if they want yogurt, they both come waddling and go straight to the fridge. Then they elbow each other out of the way trying to open it by themselves. Mom and Dad said they can't get enough to eat lately and daycare asked them to bring more food for lunch. LOL
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X