Page 1 of 7674 123411511015011001 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 153478
  1. #1
    Lieutenant Colonel Major Fischer's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    3,456

    Smile Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

    Yes. I've bitten the bullet, I want a place to talk about the possibilities of a budding emotional relationship between Major John Sheppard and Dr. Elizabeth Weir on Stargate: Atlantis.

    This is for {Mod wording change - Positive} -ship discussion, {Mod wording change - Negative} ship discussion will be considered off topic. Please let's have fun, and be nice to each other.

    So, you may be asking, why would anyone see ship in Atlantis? Didn't TPTB learn their lesson from the Jack/Sam ship in SG1? Didn't they publicize Sheppard/Teyla ship? Is or is not Weir married? What are the scenes where people see John/Elizabeth ship?

    Sounds like grounds for good discussion to me
    Last edited by TameFarrar; March 31st, 2009 at 12:24 PM.



  2. #2
    Major Lord Zedd's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,952

    Default Re: The Sheppard/Weir Ship Discussion Thread

    I think it will sound as a good discusion. I have noticed that sometimes there is a little spark but rhan again there was also a spark with Teyla
    Lord Zedd

  3. #3
    Lieutenant Colonel Major Fischer's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    3,456

    Default Re: The Sheppard/Weir Ship Discussion Thread

    Sooo... now that I've started the ball rolling...

    As many of you know, I'm not particularly known for being an enthusastic follower of any 'ship. I didn't go into Atlantis looking for a ship (though mildly dreading the inklings of one I thought I'd see between Sheppard and Teyla). I began to see the beginnings of flirty emotional attachment in the 38 Minutes, and than in subsequent episodes where they seemed to be building a closer and closer relationship that seemed to me that it went beyond respect and friendship.

    So my short rundown of shippy moments, and the questions that they raised for me.

    38 Minutes:
    Spoiler:
    Sheppard tries to say something to Weir "while I still can" which she wont let him because she is trying to get everyone to believe they can save the jumper crew. When the crew is saved the camera lingers for a very long time with both Sheppard and Weir as Beckett fights for his life. In the last scene, Weir than asks Sheppard what he was going to say (in front of the other three members of his team), and they exchange very long looks before he says "I was going to say take care of eachother."
    I doubt anyone in the room thought that was really what he had been going to say.


    Underground:
    Spoiler:
    During the closing scene as Weir and Sheppard are talking on the balcony she seems very intent on trying to consol him personally in a way that doesn't seem really about leadership.


    Home:
    Spoiler:
    The War and Peace discussion seemed to me about the two of them feeling each other out. I think Weir was on the very edge of telling him about Simon, but for some reason stops. The entire scene had the feel of early episodes of SG1 that are now considered the foundations of the Sam/Jack ship.


    I have not seen The Storm (I hate cliffhangers so have it on tape but havne't watched it), or The Eye (I'm an american and can't download because of my connection speed). I am told that both episodes have hints of ship as well.



  4. #4
    Lieutenant Colonel Major Fischer's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    3,456

    Default Re: The Sheppard/Weir Ship Discussion Thread

    So one of my [sarc]favorite[/sarc] topics.

    Is Dr. Weir married to Simon?

    I think not. Simon appears twice in the first half of season one, first in Rising and than in Home. We first see him watching a video tape left for him by Weir explaining where she is going and that it's likely she'll never return. Certainly if that was not a "Dear John, I'm off to have the most exciting adventure of my life," video I don't know what is. If they were married I don't think she'd leave just a tape. And even if they were married that was certainly abandonment.

    It's just not credible to me.

    The second appearance of Simon is in Home where
    Spoiler:
    the Myst Rodney tells Weir to just go back to Simon, after all, isn't he important to her. One really doesn't expect to be asked if your husband is important to you, it's assumed. Additionally, Weir knows Rodney isn't real because he knows about Simon, and she never told him. I'd be willing to bet that the senior staff on the Atlantis expedition know the basic biographies of the other senior staff, and a marriage is pretty basic.


    So the answer... Weir, IMO, isn't married. She may or may not have had a long term relationship with the man, but she obviously traveled a great deal even before Atlantis (after all she was living in Antartica for quite a while between New Order and Rising).

    It would be logical to me that no one on the Atlantis Expedition is married. That neatly solves issues on the governments end of if people get to tell their spouse where they are going, or if the government should pay life insurance benefits to the families of people who may never be heard from again.



  5. #5
    Major astronomicalchick's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    At the bottom of the cliff..
    Posts
    2,163

    Default Re: The Sheppard/Weir Ship Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Fischer
    Sooo... now that I've started the ball rolling...

    As many of you know, I'm not particularly known for being an enthusastic follower of any 'ship. I didn't go into Atlantis looking for a ship (though mildly dreading the inklings of one I thought I'd see between Sheppard and Teyla). I began to see the beginnings of flirty emotional attachment in the 38 Minutes, and than in subsequent episodes where they seemed to be building a closer and closer relationship that seemed to me that it went beyond respect and friendship.

    So my short rundown of shippy moments, and the questions that they raised for me.

    38 Minutes:
    Spoiler:
    Sheppard tries to say something to Weir "while I still can" which she wont let him because she is trying to get everyone to believe they can save the jumper crew. When the crew is saved the camera lingers for a very long time with both Sheppard and Weir as Beckett fights for his life. In the last scene, Weir than asks Sheppard what he was going to say (in front of the other three members of his team), and they exchange very long looks before he says "I was going to say take care of eachother."
    I doubt anyone in the room thought that was really what he had been going to say.

    Hey MF, I'm going to leap into this convo, cos I agree.

    When I started thinking about this, I'd only seen the pilot and would have said there's not much there, it's mostly Sheppard/Teyla. Then I bit the bullet and got my Sky tv back and saw 38 minutes (compared to the woeful Icon it was brilliant). I wondered what he was going to say too, and I got a shippy feel. I have to say tho, if it wasn't a bit too early to for that sort of thing *confused*, if he was going to say something emotional to Weir.

    I haven't seen the rest of the episodes, but I will be looking out for it, never fear!

  6. #6
    Major Athenaktt's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,552

    Default Re: The Sheppard/Weir Ship Discussion Thread

    Wow...after watching "The Eye" I was thinking...there I wonder if someone started a Shep/Weir thread yet...and long behold here it is!

    Anyways all those scenes you pointed out MF are exactly the same reasons I feel there is more chemistry between Shep/Weir instead of Shep/Teyla.

    And after seeing the "The Eye" I felt it even more. "the Eye" spoiler
    Spoiler:
    Especially at the parts when Sheppard thought that Kolya killed Weir, and later finds out she is alive. Then at the end after shooting Kolya, he immediately runs to Weir and apologizes for shooting so close to her, but then they look at each other when he asks her if she's okay and you feel this connection between them. Then of course he grabs her hand and runs to join the others. Also the ending scene in the balcony seems reminscent of a couple standing together and talking.


    And I also concur that Weir is NOT married. I had nothing better to do the other day but sit and watch Rising and Home again and I did not notice a ring of any kind on Weir or Simon's hand. I don't know if that is valid, but it works for me.

    PS. Astrochick...I love you're sig!! Mr Darcy!! *melts*

  7. #7
    Lieutenant Colonel Major Fischer's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    3,456

    Default Re: The Sheppard/Weir Ship Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenaktt
    Wow...after watching "The Eye" I was thinking...there I wonder if someone started a Shep/Weir thread yet...and long behold here it is!
    i've thought about it for a bit, but didn't want to start it too early, but after reading The Eye spoilers where the ship was apparently obvious, I thought it was time to make a home for the ship



  8. #8
    Lieutenant Colonel kiwigater's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Living in tomorrow....
    Posts
    4,725

    Default Re: The Sheppard/Weir Ship Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by astronomicalchick
    Hey MF, I'm going to leap into this convo, cos I agree.

    When I started thinking about this, I'd only seen the pilot and would have said there's not much there, it's mostly Sheppard/Teyla. Then I bit the bullet and got my Sky tv back and saw 38 minutes (compared to the woeful Icon it was brilliant). I wondered what he was going to say too, and I got a shippy feel. I have to say tho, if it wasn't a bit too early to for that sort of thing *confused*, if he was going to say something emotional to Weir.

    I haven't seen the rest of the episodes, but I will be looking out for it, never fear!


    Now, how can I send you a PM IF YOU DON'T CLEAR OUT SOME SPACE!!!!

    *cough*
    right, sorry about that
    I swore I wouldn't ship for Atlantis. After all, shipping for Sam and Jack has brought very little onscreen reward But I can't seem to help myself! I'm quite the Sheppard fan, and I quite like the chemistry he has with Weir

  9. #9
    First Lieutenant Angel of Fire SG1's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    819

    Default Re: The Sheppard/Weir Ship Discussion Thread

    YAAAAAAAAY!

    THERE'S A SHEPPARD/WEIR SHIP THREAD!!!

    OMG I loved the Eye
    Spoiler:
    I loved it how when the guy said "or I will kill weir & mckay" or wateva it is and sheppard's like "weir's alive?" and im like "ok don't ask if mckay's alive hehe that works for me!" and then he's like "let me talk to her!" and she says something and he's like "it's good to hear ur voice!" and she's like "good to hear yours too!!"

    *was jumping up and down*



    I wasn't gonna ship for anyone on Atlantis!! not that I don't have faith in TPTB - I think I'm one of the few S/J shippers that does lol but because before Atlantis started they said "There will be no ship"

    I dun even remember who said it! Mighta been Brad Wright

    But oh well....who knows!! If it goes as long as SG-1 has then it's quite a possibility that something will develope!!

  10. #10
    First Lieutenant Liv's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    751

    Default Re: The Sheppard/Weir Ship Discussion Thread

    Well.

    Err...

    Here's a thread I never thought I would wander into, but nevertheless, here I am.

    I admit it, I saw some ship between Sheppard and Weir in The Eye and here's the crazy part: I actually didn't object to it. (I know, strange, isn't it? )

    Not saying I'm a shipper, 'cause I'm practically incapable of saying that , but I thought it really was a lovely scene.

    Spoilers for the The Eye:

    Spoiler:
    I thought it was sweet the way he took ahold of her hand and they ran up the stairs together. And there was a bit of a 'moment' there. They actually do have chemistry together.


    Okay, that's it. I've said it. Now I will exit this thread and see if maybe I bumped my head somewhere, somehow. Head trauma. Yes. That might explain it. I am still an Anti-shipper dangit!


    But I did like the scene...
    Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

  11. #11
    Major Athenaktt's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,552

    Default Re: The Sheppard/Weir Ship Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Liv
    Well.

    Err...

    Here's a thread I never thought I would wander into, but nevertheless, here I am.

    I admit it, I saw some ship between Sheppard and Weir in The Eye and here's the crazy part: I actually didn't object to it. (I know, strange, isn't it? )

    Not saying I'm a shipper, 'cause I'm practically incapable of saying that , but I thought it really was a lovely scene.

    Spoilers for the The Eye:

    Spoiler:
    I thought it was sweet the way he took ahold of her hand and they ran up the stairs together. And there was a bit of a 'moment' there. They actually do have chemistry together.


    Okay, that's it. I've said it. Now I will exit this thread and see if maybe I bumped my head somewhere, somehow. Head trauma. Yes. That might explain it. I am still an Anti-shipper dangit!


    But I did like the scene...
    I didn't expect to see you in there either! ...but yes that was a nice moment wasn't it

  12. #12
    Major astronomicalchick's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    At the bottom of the cliff..
    Posts
    2,163

    Default Re: The Sheppard/Weir Ship Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Liv
    Well.

    Err...

    Here's a thread I never thought I would wander into, but nevertheless, here I am.

    I admit it, I saw some ship between Sheppard and Weir in The Eye and here's the crazy part: I actually didn't object to it. (I know, strange, isn't it? )

    Not saying I'm a shipper, 'cause I'm practically incapable of saying that , but I thought it really was a lovely scene.

    Spoilers for the The Eye:

    Spoiler:
    I thought it was sweet the way he took ahold of her hand and they ran up the stairs together. And there was a bit of a 'moment' there. They actually do have chemistry together.


    Okay, that's it. I've said it. Now I will exit this thread and see if maybe I bumped my head somewhere, somehow. Head trauma. Yes. That might explain it. I am still an Anti-shipper dangit!


    But I did like the scene...
    (((((((((((Liv)))))))))))))

    Come back and play some more

    *Shouts to MF - we have any jackets in this thread?*

  13. #13
    Major astronomicalchick's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    At the bottom of the cliff..
    Posts
    2,163

    Default Re: The Sheppard/Weir Ship Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Angel of Fire SG1
    YAAAAAAAAY!

    THERE'S A SHEPPARD/WEIR SHIP THREAD!!!

    OMG I loved the Eye
    Spoiler:
    I loved it how when the guy said "or I will kill weir & mckay" or wateva it is and sheppard's like "weir's alive?" and im like "ok don't ask if mckay's alive hehe that works for me!" and then he's like "let me talk to her!" and she says something and he's like "it's good to hear ur voice!" and she's like "good to hear yours too!!"

    *was jumping up and down*



    I wasn't gonna ship for anyone on Atlantis!! not that I don't have faith in TPTB - I think I'm one of the few S/J shippers that does lol but because before Atlantis started they said "There will be no ship"

    I dun even remember who said it! Mighta been Brad Wright

    But oh well....who knows!! If it goes as long as SG-1 has then it's quite a possibility that something will develope!!

    Ya see, this is the type of ship I love. Subtle and unresolved, so I can sit and project onto it as much as I like, knowing that fanfic writers out there will be filling in the blanks...

    Anyone filling in the blanks yet?

    I'm getting to be quite the little Sheppard fan as well...

    Of course nothing could compare to the wonder that is Major Davis

  14. #14
    Major astronomicalchick's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    At the bottom of the cliff..
    Posts
    2,163

    Default Re: The Sheppard/Weir Ship Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenaktt
    Wow...after watching "The Eye" I was thinking...there I wonder if someone started a Shep/Weir thread yet...and long behold here it is!

    Anyways all those scenes you pointed out MF are exactly the same reasons I feel there is more chemistry between Shep/Weir instead of Shep/Teyla.

    And after seeing the "The Eye" I felt it even more. "the Eye" spoiler
    Spoiler:
    Especially at the parts when Sheppard thought that Kolya killed Weir, and later finds out she is alive. Then at the end after shooting Kolya, he immediately runs to Weir and apologizes for shooting so close to her, but then they look at each other when he asks her if she's okay and you feel this connection between them. Then of course he grabs her hand and runs to join the others. Also the ending scene in the balcony seems reminscent of a couple standing together and talking.


    And I also concur that Weir is NOT married. I had nothing better to do the other day but sit and watch Rising and Home again and I did not notice a ring of any kind on Weir or Simon's hand. I don't know if that is valid, but it works for me.

    PS. Astrochick...I love you're sig!! Mr Darcy!! *melts*

    I swear I've had more comments about this sig than any of the others, despite the fact it has no "humourous" caption. I guess Darcy just does it for most of you eh?

    BTW go and see Bridget Jones, freakin' hilarious.

    Oh and to keep on topic, (MF knows how bad I am at keeping on topic), ooh I'm really looking forward to getting the rest of the first season back! Glad I got my sky tv back..

  15. #15
    Lieutenant Colonel Major Fischer's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2004
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    3,456

    Default Re: The Sheppard/Weir Ship Discussion Thread

    That's okay Liv, you and I are in the same boat.

    Shhhh Astro the jackets are on order.

    I rather feel much more comfortable with this idea than I have been with almost any other 'ship in any science fiction show I've ever watched. I think because they haven't publicized it, and they haven't made it instant, they haven't been arguing from the start, they haven't showed up in an alternate universe married, it's not been... cliche.

    It's been slow and sweet and the actors have played it really well. I think at least in my head I can buy that it might be happening, and not like it's something written into the scene that wouldn't be normal.



  16. #16
    First Lieutenant Liv's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    751

    Default Re: The Sheppard/Weir Ship Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by astronomicalchick
    (((((((((((Liv)))))))))))))

    Come back and play some more
    Aww, hugs for you too.


    Quote Originally Posted by astronomicalchick
    *Shouts to MF - we have any jackets in this thread?*
    *runs through thread* You will neeeeeveeeer catch me!
    Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

  17. #17
    First Lieutenant Liv's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    751

    Default Re: The Sheppard/Weir Ship Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Fischer
    That's okay Liv, you and I are in the same boat.
    That's a relief, Major. I feel better now.


    Quote Originally Posted by Major Fischer
    Shhhh Astro the jackets are on order.
    Nah, the jackets will never hold me.


    Quote Originally Posted by Major Fischer
    I rather feel much more comfortable with this idea than I have been with almost any other 'ship in any science fiction show I've ever watched. I think because they haven't publicized it, and they haven't made it instant, they haven't been arguing from the start, they haven't showed up in an alternate universe married, it's not been... cliche.

    It's been slow and sweet and the actors have played it really well. I think at least in my head I can buy that it might be happening, and not like it's something written into the scene that wouldn't be normal.
    Well, I doubt that there's anyone who doesn't know how I feel about the Sam/Jack ship, by now. If you don't I'd love to share. J/K That's for another thread altogether.

    But I realized that perhaps I shouldn't be so quick to draw parallells between the Sam/Jack ship and how I DO feel about that, to Sheppard and Weir and how I MIGHT feel about that.

    As for other sci-fi shows and ship, well, the Crichton/Aeryn was always a favorite of mine and I've yet to run into anyone who didn't like that relationship, so it's not like I'm anti-forever-and-ever-ship on every show, but I have been very wary of shipping on Stargate especially.

    I'm treading on slightly new ground here.
    Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

  18. #18
    Major astronomicalchick's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    At the bottom of the cliff..
    Posts
    2,163

    Default Re: The Sheppard/Weir Ship Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Liv
    Aww, hugs for you too.



    *runs through thread* You will neeeeeveeeer catch me!

    *Astro watches Liv running*

    Never mind, I'll catch you the next time....

    he he

  19. #19
    Major astronomicalchick's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    At the bottom of the cliff..
    Posts
    2,163

    Default Re: The Sheppard/Weir Ship Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Major Fischer
    That's okay Liv, you and I are in the same boat.

    Shhhh Astro the jackets are on order.

    I rather feel much more comfortable with this idea than I have been with almost any other 'ship in any science fiction show I've ever watched. I think because they haven't publicized it, and they haven't made it instant, they haven't been arguing from the start, they haven't showed up in an alternate universe married, it's not been... cliche.

    It's been slow and sweet and the actors have played it really well. I think at least in my head I can buy that it might be happening, and not like it's something written into the scene that wouldn't be normal.
    Well I'm a bit of a slapper when it comes to ship I have to admit, so I'm not one to talk, but there is a really nice vibe going on. I like it. In fact, I'm getting a bit bored with Sam and Jack so I'm just in the right place to get sucked into another ship...

    As long as it's kept nice and subtle...

  20. #20
    Major astronomicalchick's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2004
    Location
    At the bottom of the cliff..
    Posts
    2,163

    Default Re: The Sheppard/Weir Ship Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Liv
    That's a relief, Major. I feel better now.



    Nah, the jackets will never hold me.



    Well, I doubt that there's anyone who doesn't know how I feel about the Sam/Jack ship, by now. If you don't I'd love to share. J/K That's for another thread altogether.

    But I realized that perhaps I shouldn't be so quick to draw parallells between the Sam/Jack ship and how I DO feel about that, to Sheppard and Weir and how I MIGHT feel about that.

    As for other sci-fi shows and ship, well, the Crichton/Aeryn was always a favorite of mine and I've yet to run into anyone who didn't like that relationship, so it's not like I'm anti-forever-and-ever-ship on every show, but I have been very wary of shipping on Stargate especially.

    I'm treading on slightly new ground here.
    J/K?

    I liked Crichton/Aeryn too, but I must admit I got a bit lost

    Has anyone written Atlantis fic yet?

Page 1 of 7674 123411511015011001 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Rodney McKay/Elizabeth Weir Discussion/Ship/Appreciation
    By Erin in forum SGA Characters and Relationships
    Replies: 6949
    Last Post: December 10th, 2017, 01:42 PM
  2. Daniel Jackson/Elizabeth Weir Ship/Discussion/Appreciation
    By Dr. Elizabeth Weir in forum SG-1 Characters & Relationships
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: January 5th, 2015, 05:51 PM
  3. Jennifer Keller/John Sheppard Discussion/Ship/Appreciation
    By Erised in forum SGA Characters and Relationships
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: September 24th, 2010, 03:14 PM
  4. Jack O'Neill/Elizabeth Weir Ship Discussion/Appreciation
    By Harri in forum SG-1 Characters & Relationships
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: April 19th, 2009, 05:45 AM
  5. Sheppard/Teyla Ship and Sheppard/Weir Ship Discussion Thread
    By Cpt. Ritter in forum SGA Characters and Relationships
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: February 28th, 2006, 11:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •