Page 7674 of 7679 FirstFirst ... 667471747574762476647671767276737674767576767677 ... LastLast
Results 153,461 to 153,480 of 153561
    First Lieutenant Zandra's Ashes's Avatar

Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JT-2 View Post
    I always thought it was just Rhode Islanders who did the whole "bread and milk" thing.

Thank you both!! I was so nervous. It went okay. I'll find out next week if I will go in for a real interview or not. I'm still waiting to hear back about another job. I wish they would tell you if you're no longer in the running, so that you're just not waiting indefintely. They could send an email.
    Companies really should do a better job with managing the hiring process. That is the number one complaint I hear from my friends. Crossing my fingers for you!

And Southerners are notorious for panic at the mere whisper of snow. We don't really have the infrastructure here to deal with it and we have lots of hills and curvy roads, so if it snows with accumulation or we get an ice storm anyone on a back road is probably stuck for a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    LOL! I'll remember that... Note to self: visit more places.

We don't know yet where our next trip is heading to. We have a short trips planned but the big ones are still a mystery for now.
    I have my US trips planned, but still deciding on the international. Czech Republic and Italy are at the top of my bucket list, but I'm really considering doing a Christmas market trip (but oh my, how will I ever narrow it down to which market(s). I'll see what the airlines dish up in the way of flight deals before I decide But yes...visit more places and keep sharing pics for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!
    LOL! Sure hoping we don't get ANY snow this year...last year's was enough for me.
    I appreciated the snow a lot more after I realized it wasn't really sticking to the roads since they'd treated them. When I first saw the snow I may have cursed it. My day was packed with errands and doctors appointments, but I was able to reschedule the morning stuff. It's still sticking to the yard though, I have a lovely view from my home office. I mean, not as nice as yours, but it'll do
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

It's winter-like cold here. I still prefer it to summer.

I thought everyone did that...
    I've always thought it was a weird thing to buy. I mean, why milk and bread?

*crossing fingers for you*
    Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    Companies really should do a better job with managing the hiring process. That is the number one complaint I hear from my friends. Crossing my fingers for you!
    Thank you as well!! And yes, that is my number one complaint. I had one good interview where they specifically told me that they would tell me either way. They never did. So I went for like a month hoping they would call. One simple email would do it. It would take 1 minute to write.

And Southerners are notorious for panic at the mere whisper of snow. We don't really have the infrastructure here to deal with it and we have lots of hills and curvy roads, so if it snows with accumulation or we get an ice storm anyone on a back road is probably stuck for a few days.
    I have a friend from Massachusetts who moved to Georgia. She tells me stories. One storm where there was ice, she couldn't get into work for days. Like you said, they're just not prepared for it.

I've been told that Rhode Islanders weren't always such babies about snow. The blizzard of 1978 (which I remember a little about) was so bad that people were stuck for days. My mom got stuck at her work for 3 days because they wouldn't let them leave the office when it started to get bad. There are pictures of the highways shut down with cars just sitting there like a parking lot. Anyway, I think that storm scared us all and so now people get unreasonably uptight about upcoming storms.

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Czech Republic and Italy are at the top of my bucket list...
    Never been to the Czech Republic, but as far as Italy goes... Florence is really nice, and Venice, but the latter is currently suffering from flooding.

Modena is also quite nice. Rome is quite alright too.

...but I'm really considering doing a Christmas market trip (but oh my, how will I ever narrow it down to which market(s).
    National or international... cause from I hear, the market in Cologne is quite something. Brussels is also a good one, plus it gives you Brussels.

Folks tell me London is quite fun during X-mas time, as is New York.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

I appreciated the snow a lot more after I realized it wasn't really sticking to the roads since they'd treated them. When I first saw the snow I may have cursed it. My day was packed with errands and doctors appointments, but I was able to reschedule the morning stuff. It's still sticking to the yard though, I have a lovely view from my home office. I mean, not as nice as yours, but it'll do
    That's the problem we have up in the PNW...lots of hills and curvy roads. Of course, even in the cities things can go pear-shaped. But Seattle isn't as bad as Portland...usually...

At least the view is good.

IKR? I mean, bread I can sort of understand, you can always make sandwiches, but if the power goes out, the milk goes bad. Though I suppose you could put it outside in a snow drift.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Lieutenant General Southern Red's Avatar

IKR? I mean, bread I can sort of understand, you can always make sandwiches, but if the power goes out, the milk goes bad. Though I suppose you could put it outside in a snow drift.
    Don't forget the toilet paper. Do people just keep as much TP as they need for a few days? Personally, I stock up when it's on sale.

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

First Lieutenant Zandra's Ashes's Avatar

Never been to the Czech Republic, but as far as Italy goes... Florence is really nice, and Venice, but the latter is currently suffering from flooding.

Modena is also quite nice. Rome is quite alright too.

National or international... cause from I hear, the market in Cologne is quite something. Brussels is also a good one, plus it gives you Brussels.

Folks tell me London is quite fun during X-mas time, as is New York.
    I had a friend in Venice two days ago when it first hit. She said she was floating her suitcase to the taxi. I've heard nothing but good things about all the markets, but the one in Brussels seems to hit a lot of the top markets lists. I had a friend that went to the Edinburgh market last year and loved it.

It's winter-like cold here. I still prefer it to summer.

Thank you!!

Thank you as well!! And yes, that is my number one complaint. I had one good interview where they specifically told me that they would tell me either way. They never did. So I went for like a month hoping they would call. One simple email would do it. It would take 1 minute to write.

I have a friend from Massachusetts who moved to Georgia. She tells me stories. One storm where there was ice, she couldn't get into work for days. Like you said, they're just not prepared for it.

I've been told that Rhode Islanders weren't always such babies about snow. The blizzard of 1978 (which I remember a little about) was so bad that people were stuck for days. My mom got stuck at her work for 3 days because they wouldn't let them leave the office when it started to get bad. There are pictures of the highways shut down with cars just sitting there like a parking lot. Anyway, I think that storm scared us all and so now people get unreasonably uptight about upcoming storms.
    I understand that about past experiences with snow. For us in TN it was the blizzard of 93. We had to tow my car out from under the snow drift.

I'm more of a orange juice, baking supplies, cheese, and soup shopper for my pre-snow grocery store raid. I never really drink milk, I only use it when I need to in recipes. Sadly my doctor would like me to try giving up dairy. All I could think was "but my cheese! And pizza!" I just bought the Aldi cheese advent calendar too. (And the wine one, though I suspect I'll be dragging that one out for months.)

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

That's the problem we have up in the PNW...lots of hills and curvy roads. Of course, even in the cities things can go pear-shaped. But Seattle isn't as bad as Portland...usually...

At least the view is good.

You have the most amazing views in the PNW! I can't wait to get back. Still angry about the work trip that forced me to cancel the one from earlier this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Red View Post
    Don't forget the toilet paper. Do people just keep as much TP as they need for a few days? Personally, I stock up when it's on sale.
    I've broken down and put TP on Amazon subscription for auto-delivery. That and coffee. My priorities, lol.
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

I've broken down and put TP on Amazon subscription for auto-delivery. That and coffee. My priorities, lol.
    What a great idea. *runs to check*

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

I understand that about past experiences with snow. For us in TN it was the blizzard of 93. We had to tow my car out from under the snow drift.

I'm more of a orange juice, baking supplies, cheese, and soup shopper for my pre-snow grocery store raid. I never really drink milk, I only use it when I need to in recipes. Sadly my doctor would like me to try giving up dairy. All I could think was "but my cheese! And pizza!" I just bought the Aldi cheese advent calendar too. (And the wine one, though I suspect I'll be dragging that one out for months.)
    OMG, I could never give up my cheese. I don't drink milk much either, but they'll only get my cheese from my cold dead hands, LOL!

You have the most amazing views in the PNW! I can't wait to get back. Still angry about the work trip that forced me to cancel the one from earlier this year.
    You'll get back, never fear! Though hopefully it will be in summer so the weather is nice.

Same here. We've got like, three 12-packs of giant super mega rolls in our overflow supplies cabinet...I think we're covered for at least a month.

What a great idea. *runs to check*
    Hmmm, now there's a thought...
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

OMG, I could never give up my cheese. I don't drink milk much either, but they'll only get my cheese from my cold dead hands, LOL!
    Me neither. I love me some cheese. Even the stinky kind.

Hmmm, now there's a thought...
    I did some math so my results are probably wrong and I'm pretty sure the specials my grocery store has occasionally are better than the Amazon price. I'll get Mr. SR to check my results.

I love me some cheese. Even the stinky kind.
    Even the blue ones...?

I'll take a nice Gouda, or a Coeur de Lyon brie with honey and appleslices, or a Babybel... a melted babybel... yummy...

My sister's lactose intolerant so no cheese for her, unless it's lacto-free.

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

Even the blue ones...?

I'll take a nice Gouda, or a Coeur de Lyon brie with honey and appleslices, or a Babybel... a melted babybel... yummy...

My sister's lactose intolerant so no cheese for her, unless it's lacto-free.
    Especially the blue ones. I would kill for Gorgonzola. Well not literally. Love Gouda and Brie. Babybel is very popular here also. But a very very sharp aged Cheddar is my fave. SK probably knows Tillamook. We visited the factory in Oregon and OMG. The ice cream is to die for also and it recently became available in this area. SR. Jr. actually texted me to tell me about it. As American cheeses go, this is the pinnacle.

Wow, Gorgonzola... you have my deepest cheese respects.

Wow, Gorgonzola... you have my deepest cheese respects.
    *Takes a bow* I discovered Gorgonzola in Barcelona where I had the best pasta dish with clams and Gorgonzola I had ever imagined. It was heaven in my mouth.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Especially the blue ones. I would kill for Gorgonzola. Well not literally. Love Gouda and Brie. Babybel is very popular here also. But a very very sharp aged Cheddar is my fave. SK probably knows Tillamook. We visited the factory in Oregon and OMG. The ice cream is to die for also and it recently became available in this area. SR. Jr. actually texted me to tell me about it. As American cheeses go, this is the pinnacle.
    Tillamook! Oh man, gotta love me some Tillamook. Their extra sharp Cheddars are so yummy, and their reserve cheeses are amazing. *drools* And their ice cream! Can't. Get. Enough.

*Takes a bow* I discovered Gorgonzola in Barcelona where I had the best pasta dish with clams and Gorgonzola I had ever imagined. It was heaven in my mouth.
    Mmmm, Gorgonzola....

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Tillamook! Oh man, gotta love me some Tillamook. Their extra sharp Cheddars are so yummy, and their reserve cheeses are amazing. *drools* And their ice cream! Can't. Get. Enough.

Mmmm, Gorgonzola....
    I knew we thought alike.

Mmmmmm Gouda.

The RI Rams were ahead for some of the game yesterday against Maine, but ultimately lost.

Did any of you see the brawl in the NFL match between the Browns and the Steelers? It was embarrassing.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

I knew we thought alike.
    Mmmmmm Gouda.
    Cheese lovers unite!

Did any of you see the brawl in the NFL match between the Browns and the Steelers? It was embarrassing.
    I was like, 'wait a second, this is football, not hockey!'

Speaking of football, here's this week's College Football Roundup! Virginia Tech beat Georgia Tech in a shutout 45-0, USC beat Cal 41-17, Rhode Island lost to Maine in a close 34-30, Tennessee had a bye this week, Air Force beat Colorado State 38-21, and Navy fell to Notre Dame 52-20. On to Week 13!

Air Force is going great!

And Belgium kicked Russia's butt last night in European Qualifying matches of football -- 4 goals to 1.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Air Force is going great!

And Belgium kicked Russia's butt last night in European Qualifying matches of football -- 4 goals to 1.
    Awesome!

Mmmmmm Gouda.

The RI Rams were ahead for some of the game yesterday against Maine, but ultimately lost.

Everybody was talking about that. I got the scoop from the checkout guy at Safeway. LOL He was quite upset. I hope that idiot never plays football again.

Page 7674 of 7679 FirstFirst ... 667471747574762476647671767276737674767576767677 ... LastLast