No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey just wanted to know if you guys were aware of what BamBam said on the BamBam thread :
    Spoiler:
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2224 maybe will get to see "action Torri" in The Return Prt 2.

Anyway, with this hint, I'm going to speculate...

xxx

Comment

Originally posted by A.L. View Post
      Why would the air force not allow it? Sam and Jack wore them on several occasions. Unless those were generic as well in which case unless you are in the air force for real you would hardly notice or care. Looks good enough to me. JMO.

AL
      Originally posted by SallyLizzie View Post
      As far as I know, SG1 was airforce regulated (which is partly why Sam and Jack never seriously got together, and why AT had to cut her hair in S4). Now I don't now if they still are but I'm pretty certain that Atlantis isn't and never has been, so I see no reason why Shep couldn't wear dress blues. Even if they were endorsed by the military I don't see a reason why not. It would just be a case of them checking the uniform before they filmed. I think what they don't allow is certain ribbons.

I can speak with some authority on this because my son went to an Air Force sponsored boarding school. The wearing of the uniform is a big deal and must be done absolutely to Air Force regulations. Every little detail is controlled to the last degree. His school had JRROTC which was run by retired Air Force personnel and they got out rulers sometimes to make sure the kids had everything lined up correctly. The dispersement of the uniforms was done by a very strict protocol. Because SGA does not have Air Force endorsement they cannot wear the official uniform. It's like impersonating a police officer. Frowned on and against the law. They could get uniforms that come close but might still get hassled by the USAF. It's best just to skip it. In fact the uniforms worn by the Marines on there don't look like anything I've ever seen. The picture of Ford from Intruder was good, so the USMC must not have minded. And yes, he now thanks us for sending him to military school. Trust me, it had to be done.

Thanks Trialia for the con report. Love Fergus. Since Joe's mom is Scottish, it fits. He'll be a right strong young fellow, I'm sure.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

So what were the dress blues in SG-1?
        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

These:

TRW
          Spoiler:

Caps from here.
          sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
          "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
          My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by NZBG View Post
            So what were the dress blues in SG-1?
            SG-1 has Air Force endorsement so they let them wear the uniform. I think I remember Rob or Brad saying that they didn't actively seek endorsement because they wanted to push the envelope a bit. Also John would have to cut his hair, stay clean shaven and generally be neater. In other words, be very unJohn. LOL.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              SG-1 has Air Force endorsement so they let them wear the uniform. I think I remember Rob or Brad saying that they didn't actively seek endorsement because they wanted to push the envelope a bit. Also John would have to cut his hair, stay clean shaven and generally be neater. In other words, be very unJohn. LOL.
              Ah. Thanks.
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Blower'sGate View Post
                Hey just wanted to know if you guys were aware of what BamBam said on the BamBam thread :
                Spoiler:
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2224 maybe will get to see "action Torri" in The Return Prt 2.

xxx
                Unless they're all mean and cut it for time or something. *crosses fingers that they don't!*

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                I can speak with some authority on this because my son went to an Air Force sponsored boarding school. The wearing of the uniform is a big deal and must be done absolutely to Air Force regulations. Every little detail is controlled to the last degree. His school had JRROTC which was run by retired Air Force personnel and they got out rulers sometimes to make sure the kids had everything lined up correctly. The dispersement of the uniforms was done by a very strict protocol. Because SGA does not have Air Force endorsement they cannot wear the official uniform. It's like impersonating a police officer. Frowned on and against the law. They could get uniforms that come close but might still get hassled by the USAF. It's best just to skip it. In fact the uniforms worn by the Marines on there don't look like anything I've ever seen. The picture of Ford from Intruder was good, so the USMC must not have minded. And yes, he now thanks us for sending him to military school. Trust me, it had to be done.

Thanks Trialia for the con report. Love Fergus. Since Joe's mom is Scottish, it fits. He'll be a right strong young fellow, I'm sure.
                What a shame. My sister just got out of the Navy and I was a big fan of JAG for a long time, so I understand about accuracy and all that. I remember hearing once that the cast of JAG had to somehow un-regulate their costumes/uniforms when the cameras weren't rolling and they were out on location so that real enlisted and officers didn't mistake them for the real thing. And I know the Air Force was a big supporter of SG-1 after awhile but I didn't know they haven't endorsed SGA. Pity.

Thanks for the clarification.

So. Tux it is, then!

AL

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia View Post
                  Oh my lord, I am so tired. Today has been a long day!

Okay. I'm a chicken when it comes to the Shep thread, so I'll tell you all about getting to meet Joe today. Cut for those who dun wanna know.
                  I think that's all about Joe in specific. Fun!
                  So, did you ask about anyone leaving Atlantis?

Originally posted by La'rosh View Post
                  Hey, everyone!
                  I suppose I don't have much to say at the moment, I need to bring back the wordy part of my shippy side. But I do remember alot of times in S3 that I enjoyed moments between John and Liz. I promise I'll be able to think a little better later, but for now I'm just making it known that I'm here. And I don't really expect anyone to remember me.
                  Welcome back to the thread, La'rosh. You're right, I don't remember you but that's only because I've been around for a couple of weeks only.

Originally posted by Blower'sGate View Post
                  Spoiler:

xxx
                  OMG Yes!!! Thank you for posting this wonderful news here.

Anybody knows of some great new, not AU, Sparky fics? *bored*
                  Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                  at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Hi! *waves* I found this really great Shep/Weir video here. Scroll down to the bottom and it's called 'Evidence'. I absolutely loved it. There are other videos on this page and I haven't checked them out yet, but if this one is any indication, those will be amazing as well.

Comment

To Sallylizzie,

Thanks....really? I thought it mighta been something the producers or someone on the show said. Seriously? Well it caught on, its the only term they use on FF, everyone knows it! Cool!

BTW, what is that sig pc that you use? It is really nice with the contrast! Reminds me a bit of the Wizard of Oz, probably becuase of the green skin and black hat but yeah...so tell me!

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
                      I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
                      Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Just watched Evidence....so amazing! And he holds her hand! *have to fins episode, must find episode.* The feelings are so much more in the opne than with SJ....I understand why though.

Comment

P.S The other vid are just as amzing! Check out tension!

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                            Hi! *waves* I found this really great Shep/Weir video here. Scroll down to the bottom and it's called 'Evidence'. I absolutely loved it. There are other videos on this page and I haven't checked them out yet, but if this one is any indication, those will be amazing as well.
                            Yup. That's a good video! Go watch it

Comment

Yeah, great video. The music says "the island"-is that referring to the movie by that name or is it something I haven't heard of? Also, I watched the video set to part of The Chronicles of Narnia soundtrack, and it was really good, too.

Edit: Just watched "Tensions" too. I wonder what tv show that clip with the dogtags and the kiss was from...very clever usage, I must say.
                              Last edited by La'rosh; 29 October 2006, 08:34 AM.
                              Stargate Addicts - a podcast for the obsessive Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis fan
                              My new podcast with Merala Anewan, come check it out. It'll make us happy.

Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday.

Lovely sig by Blue Banrigh, thanks again. As for Atlantis X-Treme, that came from my own loopy mind.

Comment

Hi

I am really new
                                my friend got on to the tex thread
                                But I am sort of out of my comfort zone here
                                Best friend to Fyd818

Comment

Working...
                                X