Page 7528 of 7528 FirstFirst ... 652870287428747875187525752675277528
Results 150,541 to 150,555 of 150555

Thread: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Lieutenant General Southern Red's Avatar

Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    You'd think it would be different but oh boy... it had to get worse before it got better. I kid you not.

Several templates got stuck in the production line and were unable to generate -- I spend the entire day fixing errors instead of doing the work I was supposed to do.
    However, the day ended with an up as we had our annual Spring Company Drink (New Year's Drink but at the start of Spring instead). Different offices get different days, and yesterday was the first of two I signed up for since I work at two different offices. It was fun, good food, lots to drink and the best colleagues (most I didn't know though -- I'm only familiar with the IT people).
    Sounds like you had a lot of fun. It was National Puppy Day over here. Fun of a different sort.

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

You'd think it would be different but oh boy... it had to get worse before it got better. I kid you not.

Several templates got stuck in the production line and were unable to generate -- I spend the entire day fixing errors instead of doing the work I was supposed to do.
    However, the day ended with an up as we had our annual Spring Company Drink (New Year's Drink but at the start of Spring instead). Different offices get different days, and yesterday was the first of two I signed up for since I work at two different offices. It was fun, good food, lots to drink and the best colleagues (most I didn't know though -- I'm only familiar with the IT people).
    Gah! That does not sound like fun AT ALL. But hey, it ended with drinks and good times, so that's a win!

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Red View Post
    Sounds like you had a lot of fun. It was National Puppy Day over here. Fun of a different sort.
    Lots of pictures of cute puppies all over the news last night. Squee!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Second Lieutenant Zandra's Ashes's Avatar

I can get a headache just thinking about IT issues. Sounds like you had the perfect antidote. I am about to go in search of my own prescription...a nice glass of red wine. TGIF and thank goodness for puppy day yesterday. That was a welcome dose of cuteness.
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    I can get a headache just thinking about IT issues. Sounds like you had the perfect antidote. I am about to go in search of my own prescription...a nice glass of red wine. TGIF and thank goodness for puppy day yesterday. That was a welcome dose of cuteness.
    Ahh, a glass of wine makes everything better, doesn't it?
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Good day today as I found an exact match for the shirts worn by the DEO agents in Supergirl. It was a bit steep in price but it'll make a great addition to my hiking gear as well, so well worth the buy.

After this crazy week, a bit of shopping was in order.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1201&dateline=1311771170
    icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Good day today as I found an exact match for the shirts worn by the DEO agents in Supergirl. It was a bit steep in price but it'll make a great addition to my hiking gear as well, so well worth the buy.

After this crazy week, a bit of shopping was in order.
    Cosplay shopping is the BEST kind of shopping!

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Cosplay shopping is the BEST kind of shopping!
    My sister went shopping for fabric. She's going to make an outfit worn by Morena Baccarin in the Serenity film.

Did I mention, the convention is just 5 days away.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1201&dateline=1311771170
    icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

My sister went shopping for fabric. She's going to make an outfit worn by Morena Baccarin in the Serenity film.

Did I mention, the convention is just 5 days away.
    Whoa! No pressure!

Challenge #129
    Pets\Animals

RodneyIsGodney

slizzie

Air Force Chief of Staff mrscopterdoc's Avatar

Challenge #130

This week I am stuck on ideas. When that happens, I like someone or something else to tell me what to do. So here are three random generators to help give you a nudge in doing some art. You can use all three, or just one. Please let us know what you were given.

Here is a color generator

An art generator with several links to click to get ideas

kind of a weird one but who knows it might work for you

one last one just for giggles

Anything goes, just use the generator to guide you!

Entries due to me by noon your time Monday April 3rd.
    sig and avi made by my secret santa MSusy!

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Whoa! No pressure!
    In her own words:

"You know me, buy fabric -- start 2 days before it needs to be finished, stress about not being able to finish it. Curse a lot. Get stuck! Start again and tadaaah... finished on time."

Me, I'm more cautious.

Asgardian Library (burdened with glorious books)

Went to a fun festival this weekend. Sampled chocolate and wine.

Sorry for the mini rant.
    Spoiler:

This afternoon, I am very grumpy though. Was trying to call a place to get an answer to a question, but kept having to call back for like three hours. Was on hold for ages, then I was offered the option to leave a message. Wanted to talk with a real person, as that is the whole point of having office hours in the first place. Then I wasted a whole lot of time, and never got an answer.

Why have phones if you don't use them???

Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

In her own words:

"You know me, buy fabric -- start 2 days before it needs to be finished, stress about not being able to finish it. Curse a lot. Get stuck! Start again and tadaaah... finished on time."

Me, I'm more cautious.
    You and me both.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgania View Post

Sorry for the mini rant.
    Spoiler:

This afternoon, I am very grumpy though. Was trying to call a place to get an answer to a question, but kept having to call back for like three hours. Was on hold for ages, then I was offered the option to leave a message. Wanted to talk with a real person, as that is the whole point of having office hours in the first place. Then I wasted a whole lot of time, and never got an answer.

Mmmm, the chocolate and wine sounds fun! I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

As for the phone rant, that's why I prefer email. I hate having to play phone tag too.

Lieutenant General Southern Red's Avatar

In her own words:

Me, I'm more cautious.
    I truly admire people who can sew without bleeding. Me, I can't sew on a button without sticking myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgania View Post

Sorry for the mini rant.
    Spoiler:

I agree 100%. If I call a business and get asked to leave a message, I just hang up and find someone with a real office and phones answered by a human.

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Red View Post
    I truly admire people who can sew without bleeding. Me, I can't sew on a button without sticking myself.
    I can do you one better. I will still be wearing the pants or shirt while sewing the button back on.
    Or use more thread than I should really -- just want to make sure it's not coming off again.

Though when something needs serious fixing, I go to the pro and ask very nicely whether she has time.