Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Roads were clean but we did leave earlier ... however, french fries were not missed.

We got about an inch or two of snow but it's already melted again. But it was there, it was a lot (for our standards) and it looked pretty. I'm satisfied with it.
    Frites!!!! My favorite food in Europe. Why are they so much better over there? That and the gelato, which someone told us it had something to do with the cows. The frites must be the soil???

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    Hello everyone. It's been so long since I've been here ...
    I was quietly watching episodes of stargate atlantis and I was like "I miss my sparky friends very much". I'm so happy to see that this topic is still alive. I hope everyone is doing well.
    Probie!!! We've missed you. We are not very restricted here as far as travel within the US. At least not right now, but we have to wear masks everywhere. Are the vaccines available where you are? Mr. SR and I are eligible but I heard our county is having a massive problem with the sign up, so we are going to wait. I'm hoping for the one you only have to take once because I've heard bad things about the side effects of the second shot.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hi there, Probie! Nice to see you around!

Comment

I'm fine. I hope it's the same for you.
        Yes 6pm it's early. And in two weeks, I think it will be worse (confinement). How is it going in your country ?
        Semi-lockdown with curfew from midnight to 5am (or 10pm to 6am if you're in Brussels or the south of the country).

Lost one family member to covid, but the rest of us are healthy still or were already infected and healed up. Awaiting patiently for our turn to get vaccinated.

Also, I LOVE WORKING FROM HOME... but that's just me... ....and it's mandatory so if you don't like, that's tough luck.

Also, we have been overwhelmed with work which has led to some fanfic writing -- which reminds me I still have to write that bit after the worker's meeting.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Frites!!!! My favorite food in Europe. Why are they so much better over there? That and the gelato, which someone told us it had something to do with the cows. The frites must be the soil???
        No idea but I think it's the way we bake them that makes all the difference.

I'm hoping for the one you only have to take once because I've heard bad things about the side effects of the second shot.
        I'm secretely hoping that the one by Jansen Pharmaceuticals makes it through their stage 3 trial on time so that it can be used... by say summer of 2021 which is around the time that my age category will probably get called in for a vaccination shot. It's a one-dose shot, and I'm all for only one shot from a scary needle.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It would too in mine, but I'm gonna spend it wisely.

They expected that it would include Lego -- they aren't wrong. I'm looking to pre-order The Skywalker Saga Lego game for Xbox One which had its release pushed back from November 2020 to April/May 2021. It would eat up half my gift certificate.
          I totally missed this before- We've really enjoyed some of the Lego games, I'll bet this will be a great one!

More teasing coming saturday afternoon and evening for my part of the country -- which will be both the north and the center since we'll be driving home to Dad's place to pick up the items from our list from our other grandfather's house. Depending how much more snow we're gonna get we'll be home earlier in the evening and skip Dad's french fries on saturday evening.

There is a lot of snow in the south of the country (some 20 to 30 cm), but due to Covid restrictions the woods and slopes had been closed to the public because 3 weeks ago there were so many people heading south to see all that snow that it was impossible to keep a socially accepted distance. This weekend they'll open the parks and woods again for non-locals.
          Snow vs. fries- that would be a tough choice for me. Hopefully the snow held off so you could eat fries, make it home,then enjoy the snow.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Don't have a generator yet, though we will be getting one soon. When we built the house, we had it set up with the transfer switch and conduit for a whole-house generator, and we got a big propane tank to support it. The concrete pad it'll sit on got poured yesterday, and our electrician is waiting for his supplier to get more of the generators in stock (hopefully no more than a few weeks). Almost there!

We're still gonna be hitting the cocoa hard, though.
          Good news on the generator and glad for the comforting cocoa. I went hiking with a small group Sunday and we brought the ultralight backbacking stove for cocoa after. We had some strange looks, sitting around the picnic table at 39 degrees but then again, they didn't have the cocoa we did.

Hello everyone. It's been so long since I've been here ...
          I was quietly watching episodes of stargate atlantis and I was like "I miss my sparky friends very much". I'm so happy to see that this topic is still alive. I hope everyone is doing well.
          Hello, nice to virtually meet you. Pretty sure I remember you from my lurking days when I was still shy
          sigpic
          Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
            I totally missed this before- We've really enjoyed some of the Lego games, I'll bet this will be a great one!
            I love them because they are meant to be played co-op, even though it has its limits when you stray too far away from one another. But it's basically smash-and-grab and solve puzzles, and it has great animated sequences.

Snow vs. fries- that would be a tough choice for me.
            Luckily we didn't have to choose.

Comment

Semi-lockdown with curfew from midnight to 5am (or 10pm to 6am if you're in Brussels or the south of the country).

Lost one family member to covid, but the rest of us are healthy still or were already infected and healed up. Awaiting patiently for our turn to get vaccinated.

Also, I LOVE WORKING FROM HOME... but that's just me... ....and it's mandatory so if you don't like, that's tough luck.

Also, we have been overwhelmed with work which has led to some fanfic writing -- which reminds me I still have to write that bit after the worker's meeting.

No idea but I think it's the way we bake them that makes all the difference.

I'm secretely hoping that the one by Jansen Pharmaceuticals makes it through their stage 3 trial on time so that it can be used... by say summer of 2021 which is around the time that my age category will probably get called in for a vaccination shot. It's a one-dose shot, and I'm all for only one shot from a scary needle.
              Johnson & Johnson is supposedly close to having a one shot vaccine also.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Good news on the generator and glad for the comforting cocoa. I went hiking with a small group Sunday and we brought the ultralight backbacking stove for cocoa after. We had some strange looks, sitting around the picnic table at 39 degrees but then again, they didn't have the cocoa we did.
                Heh! Betcha they were jealous that they didn't think of bringing cooca, LOL!

Johnson & Johnson is supposedly close to having a one shot vaccine also.
                Yeah, it hopefully will be available by the time my age group gets called, which probably won't be until, like, May at the earliest.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Was planning on getting that next chapter in -- 9, I think -- but colleagues had other plans. Communication was flawed today.

At least, one guy's day was made -- developer who wanted to explain about this cool new feature. I could tell he was really eager but he kept saying that it might be too boring so I encouraged him to tell us anyway. When both me and my colleague went "That is so cool" at the end of it, I could literally hear him beam from the other side of the line.

Comment

Southern Red: HELLO!!!!! I'm so happy to see you here.
                    We wear masks everywhere. Restaurants, cinemas, museums, theaters are closed.We can move around the country. However, the curfew is for everyone. We can see friends or family but no more than 6 at a time. It's weird but We are not lockdown like other European countries...for the moment. For now, the vaccine is for the elderly or people with poor health. I have to wait until this spring if I want to be vaccinated.

JT-2 Nice to see you

Falcon Horus I'm sorry for your loss.
                    No work from home for me. I can go to my agency and see customers. For the first confinement in March, we were obliged to stay at home even for work. It was painful at first I have to admit. I was happy to see people again in May.

Scary Kitty: BIG HUG!!

Zandra's Ashes Nice to meet you. Glad you're note shy anymore

Oh and by the way. Food is better in Europe and not just for fries....
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Was planning on getting that next chapter in -- 9, I think -- but colleagues had other plans. Communication was flawed today.

At least, one guy's day was made -- developer who wanted to explain about this cool new feature. I could tell he was really eager but he kept saying that it might be too boring so I encouraged him to tell us anyway. When both me and my colleague went "That is so cool" at the end of it, I could literally hear him beam from the other side of the line.
                      That's awesome. We all need people to give us some nudges from time to time. Way to top of that karma bank!

Zandra's Ashes Nice to meet you. Glad you're note shy anymore

My stomach growled at just the thought. I am in complete agreement- the food is so good in Europe, at least the places I've been fortunate enough to visit. And the grocery stores and markets were so impressive. I spent entirely too much time in them considering I rarely have a kitchen when I'm there. Did I see that you are in France? I have a whole list of things I can't wait to eat when I return.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Not wrong though...

Did I see that you are in France? I have a whole list of things I can't wait to eat when I return.
                        Let's hope that we're back to travelling next year. I don't think it'll be possible in 2021 but I'm definitely hoping 2022 gets us back on the international pathways.

Comment

I still want to get to the UK. London has long been on my bucket list.

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies! Hope you've all had an awesome Screw the Angst Wednesday!

We went on a raiding party supply run to the mainland today. My feet and legs are very tired, and I can't wait to fall into bed.

Heh! That's adorable!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                            I still want to get to the UK. London has long been on my bucket list.
                            Ireland and Scotland. Some day...
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Zandra's Ashes: yes I'm French. There are so many great things to eat here. Yes I love my country. Lol

I would like to go to Japan. I can't wait for this pandemic to be behind us
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Comment

Working...
                                X