No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday and Happy Birthday to mandogater! Time for cake!

Spoiler:

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    I've said this before, but when I 'discovered' Atlantis, I assumed Weir would at least be going on some missions. It seemed logical to me that with her skillset, she'd be part of the first contact/diplomatic side of things. I was happy enough with the way things turned out - after all, a lot of the missions they went on wouldn't have needed nor suited her - but it seemed like they missed the obvious with her character. Still, like Joe said, they were able to get a lot of focus on Weir and the Atlantis backup team in the early years, with relative ease.
    Indeed, they certainly didn't seem to have any trouble having Weir participate in stories as an important character early on, even in episodes where she wasn't so much the focus. And then there are episodes where we logically should've seen more of her, given her field of expertise; The Tower, even with it's implication that she probably didn't have the ATA gene and therefore couldn't have gone, is one that sticks out like a sore thumb. Then there's the ones that they brought her in, but they totally frakked it up, like The Game. And don't even get me started on the S4-5 episodes that would've been vastly improved with Weir there instead of Carter or Woolsey.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday and Happy Birthday to mandogater! Time for cake!

Indeed, they certainly didn't seem to have any trouble having Weir participate in stories as an important character early on, even in episodes where she wasn't so much the focus. And then there are episodes where we logically should've seen more of her, given her field of expertise; The Tower, even with it's implication that she probably didn't have the ATA gene and therefore couldn't have gone, is one that sticks out like a sore thumb. Then there's the ones that they brought her in, but they totally frakked it up, like The Game. And don't even get me started on the S4-5 episodes that would've been vastly improved with Weir there instead of Carter or Woolsey.
      The way they used her in Epiphany was good. Which makes me wonder if all the shipper excitement at the ending of that one might have made them back off a bit. Once again, Sparky was so obvious and in your face that the hippy chick was quickly forgotten.

And it strikes me as extremely interesting that after all this time, the cast is still peeved about how they treated her. I had it pointed out to me recently that at least one Weir hater, in full blown celebration mode, said that it was a good thing for the show to change and grow. I don't think Torri's friends on the cast agreed with that considering how exercised Joe gets at the slightest mention of her leaving.

Thanks Joe and Paul, your loyalty to your friend is admirable.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Thanks for the birthday wishes JT-2, SR and SK!! Unfortunately there is no red velvet cake in my future. But chocolate cheesecake is a good substitute, once I get to my parents, that is!!
        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          Did it mention anything about region codes?
          No, it didn't. I'm sorry.

YAY!! Lovely pics!!! I'm still laughing about what Torri wrote. You have permanent evidence of having shared germ cells with Torri.
          I do.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          The pics were great. I'm jealous that you got yours personalized.
          Seeing as how Premium-ticketholders apparently only paid for the actual autograph and not for a picture to go with it (info that wasn't given beforehand), the photo-op pictures were the only things we had to have signed, unless we wanted to buy an extra picture for signing (which I had to do for Dan Payne and Rekha Sharma since I didn't do a photo with them).

I imagine that must've been the Mother of All Sugarrushes.
          My sister pretended not to know me in those few minutes, and the British friends we'd made couldn't stop laughing.

And it strikes me as extremely interesting that after all this time, the cast is still peeved about how they treated her. I had it pointed out to me recently that at least one Weir hater, in full blown celebration mode, said that it was a good thing for the show to change and grow. I don't think Torri's friends on the cast agreed with that considering how exercised Joe gets at the slightest mention of her leaving.
          Seeing as how the cast disagrees with the Weir hater - that must probably be an annoyance to be overlooked for convenience.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            No, it didn't. I'm sorry.

I do.

Seeing as how Premium-ticketholders apparently only paid for the actual autograph and not for a picture to go with it (info that wasn't given beforehand), the photo-op pictures were the only things we had to have signed, unless we wanted to buy an extra picture for signing (which I had to do for Dan Payne and Rekha Sharma since I didn't do a photo with them).

My sister pretended not to know me in those few minutes, and the British friends we'd made couldn't stop laughing.

Seeing as how the cast disagrees with the Weir hater - that must probably be an annoyance to be overlooked for convenience.
            I may be mistaken but I think all the US cons are that way with the pics. I know I printed out pics to take to Chicago, and my photo paper was of much better quality than the ones they sold there for $6. They did have a good variety of shots though.
            sigpic

Comment

I may be mistaken but I think all the US cons are that way with the pics. I know I printed out pics to take to Chicago, and my photo paper was of much better quality than the ones they sold there for $6. They did have a good variety of shots though.
              Had I known we would have to buy extra, I would have taken some stuff with me to sign... but oh well... I love my personalized pictures so no hard feelings.

Comment

The way they used her in Epiphany was good. Which makes me wonder if all the shipper excitement at the ending of that one might have made them back off a bit. Once again, Sparky was so obvious and in your face that the hippy chick was quickly forgotten.
                Yep, I loved Weir in Epiphany. She really looked like she was in her element, all cute and giddy over getting to go off world and put those mad linguist skillz to work.

No kidding! It's been four years, and the cast is still ticked off. Talk about holding a grudge. But then, who can blame them? That's why I love Joe, and the rest of the cast so much. They're so loyal to each other like a real family, in much the same way we saw how their characters came together as a family on the show. Life imitates art.

Just like they overlook so many other inconvenient facts.

Depending on the con, some actors bring their own pics that you can get signed, and it's often included in the autograph price. But it seems that's few and far between.

Had I known we would have to buy extra, I would have taken some stuff with me to sign... but oh well... I love my personalized pictures so no hard feelings.
                Oh, I know what you mean. When I went to the LAX con in 2009, I was just going to get a photo op with Joe but I wasn't planning on getting an autograph because I figured I'd be staying pretty late to get it (I was in general seating, so I'd be one of the last in line). But when I saw how well the photo op came out, I went and bought an autograph ticket anyway. And I got to talk to Joe again, with the little convo that started a certain virtual season project. So. Worth. It.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hello!

I hope it's not too late: Happy birthday mandogater!!!

FH: Lucky girl! Pretty pics. No need to say I'm jealous.......ok yes I have to say it: I'M JEALOUS!!!!lol
                  I also bought the dvd.
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                    FH: Lucky girl! Pretty pics. No need to say I'm jealous.......ok yes I have to say it: I'M JEALOUS!!!!lol
                    I also bought the dvd.
                    I was so looking forward to meeting you... I was all ready to pounce you Lemming-style.

My other images are in the process of uploading. As soon as they are done, I'll drop two links here and then you can do with them as you will (except delete them from history - that's not going to be possible).

Comment

I just finished reading the last chapter of Evolution and the foreshadowing is killer. Once again Teyla is the smartest member of the group. And John, well, let's just say he's content for the moment.

Is anybody going to notice my new sig? I'm beginning to be concerned. Is it too much? Inappropriate?
                      sigpic

Comment

I just finished reading the last chapter of Evolution and the foreshadowing is killer. Once again Teyla is the smartest member of the group. And John, well, let's just say he's content for the moment.

Is anybody going to notice my new sig? I'm beginning to be concerned. Is it too much? Inappropriate?
                        Just about to start my first read through of Part V now. This is gonna be good!

I love you new sig! I don't think it's too much at all. It's very appropriate, and far more so than some sigs that have been floating around (but not in this thread, of course).

Comment

Mine don't necessarily have the quality that Kris' images have (not exactly up close like she was way in the front), but anyway all of what I took can be found in my photobucket account.

It's not just SGA - I separated by day, not by show.

Saturday - Sunday

Enjoy!

If you would like to snerch, please credit and/or point to the place where they have been reposted (or I shall watermark them with an evil lemming).
                          Last edited by Falcon Horus; 06 November 2011, 11:40 AM. Reason: Edit of the snerch-rule!

Comment

You know, I'm actually glad that Elizabeth wasn't really in the truly sucky episodes like The Tower and Irresponsible. That way I can just ignore them altogether. Oh, don't be sad John. You know I love you.

Don't get me started on The Game. They went for the joke instead of letting Elizabeth use her mojo. S4-5 episodes vastly improved with Weir instead of Carter or Woolsey? Um, all of them? I actually think Woolsey was coming into his own. I enjoyed his story in Remnants. Carter? JT no likey.

Oh, BTW, Joe was absolutely right about Elizabeth's presence on the show being strong despite her not being on set as much. She is clearly 3rd out of 5 in terms of word count and screen time.

Joe, in particular, is simply lovely for having the courage to stand up for both Paul and Torri. There was a petition and his name was first. I <3 him. Of course, he was in a stronger position than the other actors who were probably fearing their own jobs. I still wonder if the show had gone on for more years if they wouldn't have tried to replace him with Daniel.

(And the growth and change was only a positive thing when it was going their way. When it became clear John was darker and grimmer and people started to put that together with Elizabeth's leaving, then the growth was OOC. )

Oh, I know what you mean. When I went to the LAX con in 2009, I was just going to get a photo op with Joe but I wasn't planning on getting an autograph because I figured I'd be staying pretty late to get it (I was in general seating, so I'd be one of the last in line). But when I saw how well the photo op came out, I went and bought an autograph ticket anyway. And I got to talk to Joe again, with the little convo that started a certain virtual season project. So. Worth. It.

I LOVE your new sig!! Gah! Hopefully I'll get to read chapters 2 and 3 tonight.

Mine don't necessarily have the quality that Kris' images have (not exactly up close like she was way in the front), but anyway all of what I took can be found in my photobucket account.

Saturday - Sunday

Enjoy!

If you should deem them worthy enough for any sort of artwork - please point me towards the end result.
                            Very nice! If you look at them fast, it's almost liking seeing them in person.

Comment

Saturday - Sunday

Enjoy!

If you should deem them worthy enough for any sort of artwork - please point me towards the end result.
                              Those were great. Joe is just constantly in motion, isn't he?

Whew on the sig. You know how paranoid I am, but I couldn't resist doing something with those quotes from Joe.
                              sigpic

Comment

Saturday - Sunday

Enjoy!

Constantly in motion is right! The guy just cannot sit still. Always got to be moving. But I rather like him that way. And Torri? I don't know how she manages to look cute in every shot, but she does it, and does it well.

You know, I'm actually glad that Elizabeth wasn't really in the truly sucky episodes like The Tower and Irresponsible. That way I can just ignore them altogether. Oh, don't be sad John. You know I love you.

Don't get me started on The Game. They went for the joke instead of letting Elizabeth use her mojo. S4-5 episodes vastly improved with Weir instead of Carter or Woolsey? Um, all of them? I actually think Woolsey was coming into his own. I enjoyed his story in Remnants. Carter? JT no likey.
                                Yeah, I rather liked how Woolsey was coming along towards the end. But it'd still be better with Elizabeth there, too. Wouldn't mind seeing both of them on Atlantis. Oh, wait...

Oh, BTW, Joe was absolutely right about Elizabeth's presence on the show being strong despite her not being on set as much. She is clearly 3rd out of 5 in terms of word count and screen time.

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...ntis/graph.png

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...word-count.png
                                Nothing like having some visual prompts to really sell the point. Hoo boy!

Joe, in particular, is simply lovely for having the courage to stand up for both Paul and Torri. There was a petition and his name was first. I <3 him. Of course, he was in a stronger position than the other actors who were probably fearing their own jobs. I still wonder if the show had gone on for more years if they wouldn't have tried to replace him with Daniel.

(And the growth and change was only a positive thing when it was going their way. When it became clear John was darker and grimmer and people started to put that together with Elizabeth's leaving, then the growth was OOC. )
                                *snerks*

Those were great. Joe is just constantly in motion, isn't he?

Whew on the sig. You know how paranoid I am, but I couldn't resist doing something with those quotes from Joe.
                                Hey, he's on record as having said it. And no one in their right mind should have a problem with anyone accurately quoting what he said.

Comment

Working...
                                X