Page 7636 of 7636 FirstFirst ... 663671367536758676267633763476357636
Results 152,701 to 152,712 of 152712

Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    Whoa. That's great. Kind of crazy to say Assassin's Creed and Notre Dame in the same sentence and it make sense.
    Yep. Crazy and awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    That is correct.

Ubisoft also donated 500K to the restoration fund, and people were able to download the older game for free to play on PC.
    Oooh, that's cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Red View Post
    I hope they do "restore" rather than "renovate." I can picture it now all painted white inside with vinyl tile flooring that looks like wood and maybe a barn door or two. Please don't modernize everything on earth. Thanx.
    *shudders* Now that's a scary image.

Though I do wonder what they're going to do about the roof. I thought I heard somewhere that France doesn't really have any trees that size anymore to recreate the lengths of timber used, which means they'd have to import the needed wood.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

I hope they do "restore" rather than "renovate." I can picture it now all painted white inside with vinyl tile flooring that looks like wood and maybe a barn door or two. Please don't modernize everything on earth. Thanx.
    The Notre Dame is a Wold Heritage Site so modernizing is out of the question. The spire was a late edition so that can be different, but anything else will have to follow the original building plans of the cathedral.

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Though I do wonder what they're going to do about the roof. I thought I heard somewhere that France doesn't really have any trees that size anymore to recreate the lengths of timber used, which means they'd have to import the needed wood.
    France doesn't but great oaks still stand in the forests in the Balkans.

However, the wood has to be worked much the same as it was worked in the 12th and 13th century. A lot of the tecniques will have to be learned again, like the stone masonry.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

Lieutenant General Southern Red's Avatar

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Yep. Crazy and awesome.

Oooh, that's cool!

*shudders* Now that's a scary image.

Our hardwood flooring came from Canada, so there's that. They said the wood up there is harder because of the cold. We fell for it. lol

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

France doesn't but great oaks still stand in the forests in the Balkans.

However, the wood has to be worked much the same as it was worked in the 12th and 13th century. A lot of the tecniques will have to be learned again, like the stone masonry.
    Whew! That's definitely going to take a while, in order to get everything right.

Our hardwood flooring came from Canada, so there's that. They said the wood up there is harder because of the cold. We fell for it. lol
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Asgardian Library (burdened with glorious books)

I am spending the rest of my Sunday watching Gilmore Girls- A Year in the Life.

Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Happy Earth Day!

And on this fine day, I went to Decathlon in Arricife, Lanzarote, and as we're walking through the isles looking for the surf suits, a cockroach casually walks across our feet. It looked exactly like Wall-E's roach. I took a picture before it scurried away and out of sight. I'm probably not supposed to say this but I thought it looked kinda cute, minding its own business and all.

icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

First Lieutenant Zandra's Ashes's Avatar

Anyone else catch the End Game red carpet live stream? Or the gang on Fallon? If not, you'll want to look up the Avengers singing "We didn't start the fire." Can't believe it is this close. #ready #sonotready

Quote Originally Posted by Morgania View Post
    I am spending the rest of my Sunday watching Gilmore Girls- A Year in the Life.
    Hope you enjoyed them more than I did. Loved the series, but not a year in the life.

Happy Earth Day!

And on this fine day, I went to Decathlon in Arricife, Lanzarote, and as we're walking through the isles looking for the surf suits, a cockroach casually walks across our feet. It looked exactly like Wall-E's roach. I took a picture before it scurried away and out of sight. I'm probably not supposed to say this but I thought it looked kinda cute, minding its own business and all.
    Haha, I thought the same thing (after I got over the obligatory yelp) when I spotted a fuzzy centipede in my house, though I suppose they have a much better rep than a cockroach. Enjoy your island time!
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

I just have to vent for a minute.....

I have a paper that I need to complete a rough draft of by tomorrow, and I just can't get started. ARGH!!! I have research, but don't know where to begin. I hate this. How is writing an analytical report going to help me in my future career? Answer - it won't! In fact, the teacher who is in charge of the program is trying to get the writing class taken out of the program (along with the math and keyboarding classes). But that's not going to help me any.

Okay, back to it.... Thanks for listening.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Happy Earth Day!

Eeek! I think I'd be freaking out if that happened to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    Anyone else catch the End Game red carpet live stream? Or the gang on Fallon? If not, you'll want to look up the Avengers singing "We didn't start the fire." Can't believe it is this close. #ready #sonotready
    LOL I saw that! Seriously, they're all just total goofballs and I love them! Just one warning for anyone who goes onto Youtube looking for any Avengers stuff (or anything else, for that matter): Apparently, some of the movie has been leaked, and jerk trolls are going around posting massive spoilers in comments for videos (as well as elsewhere on social media like Twitter, Reddit, etc.). So if you are trying to avoid spoilers, be very very careful these next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by JT-2 View Post
    I just have to vent for a minute.....

I have a paper that I need to complete a rough draft of by tomorrow, and I just can't get started. ARGH!!! I have research, but don't know where to begin. I hate this. How is writing an analytical report going to help me in my future career? Answer - it won't! In fact, the teacher who is in charge of the program is trying to get the writing class taken out of the program (along with the math and keyboarding classes). But that's not going to help me any.

Okay, back to it.... Thanks for listening.
    Ugh! I've had papers like that in college, where I just didn't want to do it, thought the concept was stupid, but it needed to get done. I always managed to grind them out, but... yeah. *hugs you*

Eeek! I think I'd be freaking out if that happened to me!
    I guess it helps that we're not used to seeing them "in the wild" (as it were). Roaches don't generally live where we call home.
    When you come across one, they came along with the fruit from down south or once from Tunesia with a package for the company I used to work for.

So whenever we see them, we're just fascinated by them as opposed to "EWWW, get lost bug!".

Now, spiders on the other hand... that's a whole different ballgame.

Page 7636 of 7636 FirstFirst ... 663671367536758676267633763476357636