Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    Happy house hunting!
    It's difficult, and my bank account most certainly will not be happy when we've found the right one.

Not quite sure yet how much I'm good for as far as a loan goes, but it does help that I'm already part owner of a property (the other half is owned by my sister) which was gifted to us by our grandfather. Basically, a way to circumvent the insane inheritance taxes (from grandfather to grandchildren it's definitely worth gifting the property than to wait after death).
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday! Everyone in the path of crazy weather, stay safe out there!

TN is bowl eligible for the first time in three years. Phew!
      Congratulations! I don't know how USC will come out in the bowl stakes; we won't have a shot at the Rose Bowl unless Utah gets upset by Colorado on Saturday, and I'm not holding my breath for that one. But we'll probably get something.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      It's difficult, and my bank account most certainly will not be happy when we've found the right one.

Not quite sure yet how much I'm good for as far as a loan goes, but it does help that I'm already part owner of a property (the other half is owned by my sister) which was gifted to us by our grandfather. Basically, a way to circumvent the insane inheritance taxes (from grandfather to grandchildren it's definitely worth gifting the property than to wait after death).
      Ah, taxes. The bane of everyone's existence. Except, of course, for the tax collectors.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Financing is always tricky and my bank account has never been happy in the immediate aftermath, but after 10 years in the same house it's nice to see that equity. Keep us posted. I'll be looking forward to seeing pictures of the new place.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday! Everyone in the path of crazy weather, stay safe out there!

Congratulations! I don't know how USC will come out in the bowl stakes; we won't have a shot at the Rose Bowl unless Utah gets upset by Colorado on Saturday, and I'm not holding my breath for that one. But we'll probably get something.
        Bowl games. *Insert sight here* As a TN fan, they tend to be something that makes the holidays more stressful, lol. Hoping all our teams see some good outcomes this season. Goodness knows we need the wins here as we certainly don't seem to get them in our fandoms
        sigpic
        Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Ah, taxes. The bane of everyone's existence. Except, of course, for the tax collectors.
          And Belgium has one of the highest taxes of Europe so we're very familiar with them.

Financing is always tricky and my bank account has never been happy in the immediate aftermath, but after 10 years in the same house it's nice to see that equity. Keep us posted. I'll be looking forward to seeing pictures of the new place.
          It won't be for soon... there's the matter of finding a reasonably priced house in the vicinity of where we are now, and houses don't come cheap her, especially when you want one with at least 4 bedrooms. We're looking at a price range between 300,000 and 400,000 euro (approx. 330,000 to 440,000 US dollars).

Comment

And Belgium has one of the highest taxes of Europe so we're very familiar with them.

It won't be for soon... there's the matter of finding a reasonably priced house in the vicinity of where we are now, and houses don't come cheap her, especially when you want one with at least 4 bedrooms. We're looking at a price range between 300,000 and 400,000 euro (approx. 330,000 to 440,000 US dollars).
            It depends tremendously on where you live over here. In my area there are virtually no single family homes under $600,000 and few townhouses under $500. But down in NC where my brother lives you can get the same size house for about $400,000. However, salaries are higher here.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              It depends tremendously on where you live over here.
              That's true everywhere.

Prices are lower in my home town, then where we reside now -- which is about half an hour away from the capital, and a lot of people want to leave the city and go live in the "suburbs".

Comment

That's true everywhere.

Prices are lower in my home town, then where we reside now -- which is about half an hour away from the capital, and a lot of people want to leave the city and go live in the "suburbs".
                There is a trend here to do the exact opposite. SR Jr and his family live in a small town so they can walk to everything. Thus, they have a smaller house and no yard. We live at least a 10 minute drive from any store, have a nice yard and a bigger house that's worth about the same as theirs. I don't get it. They have no storage, so the place usually looks like a kids store after a tornado.
                sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday and Happy Thanksgiving!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Americans!!

Happy Thursday to everyone else.

Comment

...so the place usually looks like a kids store after a tornado.
                      That's our flat but instead of kids store, it's a pet store.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday! Hope all of my fellow Americans have recovered from their food comas and are staying away from the nasty weather and crazy shopping crowds!

Comment

I'm not leaving the house today.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                            I'm not leaving the house today.
                            I haven't left the house since Tuesday when I almost got run over in the crosswalk at the grocery store and a woman in a huge SUV almost rear-ended me in the parking lot.
                            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

I haven't left the house since Tuesday when I almost got run over in the crosswalk at the grocery store and a woman in a huge SUV almost rear-ended me in the parking lot.
                              OMG! Glad you're okay, those freaking nutcases out there are scary! *hugs*

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

OMG! Glad you're okay, those freaking nutcases out there are scary! *hugs*
                                Yeah and the one who almost hit me parked in the handicapped zone, jumped out of her car and hurried into the store.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X