Page 7697 of 7698 FirstFirst ... 6697719775977647768776947695769676977698 LastLast
Results 153,921 to 153,940 of 153955

Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

They closed down salons here in RI as of Monday at 5pm. My sister-in-law is going to have her hair done right before the deadline tomorrow. No cut, no dry, just a quick dye. Her hair stylist is fitting in as many dye jobs as she can before the clock strikes 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Shopping went well, we got everything we needed. The soup aisle had been picked over, as was the pasta (fortunately we had stocked up back during our trip to America). Even the frozen entrees and ice cream were a bit sparse. Plenty of bread and toilet paper, though.
    I'm so glad you were able to get everything you needed! I'm surprised about the toilet paper and bread, though. Those have been scarce here.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Red View Post
    It really is stunning because not much else blooms around there at the same time. It's like a low-lying cloud all around the Tidal Basin. Also there are cherry trees all over the area and we locals know all the super secret places to go away from where the tourists congretate. The trick in coming to visit is knowing when they will bloom.
    Ah. So it has to be a spur of the moment kind of deal? I wouldn't want to make reservations and go there only to find out I missed the window.

You got it. And doing the howler monkey screech knowing that Dad or Mom is there to catch you.
    LOL!

Down in DC the cherry blossoms are at peak. You can see for yourself at https://nationalmall.org/bloomcam
    I'm a bloomin' idiot.

I'm thinking, "Oh cool, let's check it out!" ... but I forgot about the time difference. It's 11am local time here, so the live feed is still dark. DOH!
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 8 of SG-1
    First time time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Erin87 -- hey!

Still looking good... Sparky for the win!
    Hey, good to see you. Lovely art as usual. We are still hanging in there but usually talking about our lives instead of Sparky. LOL
    Thanks!

We are still hanging in there but usually talking about our lives instead of Sparky. LOL
    Hey, nothing wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by JT-2 View Post
    Oh that was you on Tumblr! I reblogged that post. Very nice!!!
    Yep! I'm not exactly consistent with my internet nom-de-plumes. Thanks!

I highly reccommend "The Continued Adventures of Thing 1 and Thing 2" ... most entertaining stuff.

Which is basically what a Sparky twin could be like... Imagine the mayhem they could cause in Atlantis.
    Sounds like it!

LOL! Chaos, but so much fun.

Everybody stay healthy. This too shall pass. And as SR Jr. said, "It's all fun and games until you see the first zombie."
    I second that. Everybody be well!

And LOL.

I have an appointment on the 31st, so fingers crossed.

We did facetime with the twins last night. Mom and Dad are that close (fingers a millimeter apart) to cracking. They were playing with a box that wasn't quite big enough for both of them to crawl inside but they kept trying it anyway. The one left out always cried and tried to pull the other one out. Then they decided to use the box to crawl up on the coffee table and back down. Over and over and over. Finally Thing 2 tried to stand on a ball and climb over the baby gate. That did not end well. We're waiting for those little brain cells to figure out they can use the box in place of the ball. It's fascinating watching the wheels turn.

Dad said they can't get enough to eat and the dog's bed had to be moved outside the twin confinement area for her own protection.

"Dough Dog" has now become "Dog Go" so we're making progress there. So all those confined at home. You could be trapped with twins.
    Well, at least quarantine life will never be boring!

Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

They closed down salons here in RI as of Monday at 5pm. My sister-in-law is going to have her hair done right before the deadline tomorrow. No cut, no dry, just a quick dye. Her hair stylist is fitting in as many dye jobs as she can before the clock strikes 5.

Which reminds me, I've been meaning to order some henna and try it on my hair to punch up its redness. Guess now is as good a time as any...

I'm so glad you were able to get everything you needed! I'm surprised about the toilet paper and bread, though. Those have been scarce here.
    Yeah, I think the market is used to getting emergency shipments due to power outages and the like already, so they had a system in place. I guess. But hey, we got food, so it's all good.

Ah. So it has to be a spur of the moment kind of deal? I wouldn't want to make reservations and go there only to find out I missed the window.
    I expect the weather and how it affects the timing of the bloom has a lot to do with it. An early or late spring would likely throw everything out of whack.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Well my local medical community has now been affected. My doctor's appointment tomorrow is now a phone call. And my physical therapist called because they'll be doing phone calls too. But since what she does with me is fix my alignment which is a hands on thing, I said no thanks. Now I have to get really careful not to let my back get too out of whack, because when it's really bad the only thing that can fix it is physical therapy. D'oh.

Which reminds me, I've been meaning to order some henna and try it on my hair to punch up its redness. Guess now is as good a time as any...
    Yes! That would be pretty.

Yeah, I think the market is used to getting emergency shipments due to power outages and the like already, so they had a system in place. I guess. But hey, we got food, so it's all good.
    Well, you're better off than we are.

I expect the weather and how it affects the timing of the bloom has a lot to do with it. An early or late spring would likely throw everything out of whack.
    True.

This doctor of mine is habitually late.

So I got the first appointment of the day. Plus it's now a phone call. So she should be on time, right?

Wrong.

She's already 25 minutes late.

Lieutenant General Southern Red's Avatar

So I got the first appointment of the day. Plus it's now a phone call. So she should be on time, right?

Wrong.

Hate that. And then they arrive full of apologies. My dentist is that way. It tickles me because every single time the first thing they say is "sorry you had to wait." Mr. SR gets the first appointment both there and with our eye doc but I'm not ready to go out that early.

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

I can do better with doctor's appointments... Remember that cold a week or so ago.

The website said that you had to mail them with your list of complaints which I did but then later in the day I called them anyway, and they promised to call me back. I have one regular doctor in that practice. She's the only one I actually trust to come anywhere close to me (autist remember) so I think they made sure she was the one to call me.

She wrote me a note, but when my sister went to pick it up later that day. It turned out that my email had not been deleted but had also been picked up by one of the other doctors so I got 2 notes -- however, one said "allowed to leave the house", the other "not allowed to leave the house" (from my regular doctor).
    First time time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Welp, our governor, in his infinite wisdom, has issued a stay-at-home order for the state. Good luck trying to enforce that, Jay.

Well my local medical community has now been affected. My doctor's appointment tomorrow is now a phone call. And my physical therapist called because they'll be doing phone calls too. But since what she does with me is fix my alignment which is a hands on thing, I said no thanks. Now I have to get really careful not to let my back get too out of whack, because when it's really bad the only thing that can fix it is physical therapy. D'oh.
    Take care of your back! My mom is supposed to go in for a chiro appointment two weeks from now...and we've all got our dental cleanings that week too. This is gonna get interesting...

Well, you're better off than we are.
    For now, at least...

Wrong.

D'oh!

I can do better with doctor's appointments... Remember that cold a week or so ago.

The website said that you had to mail them with your list of complaints which I did but then later in the day I called them anyway, and they promised to call me back. I have one regular doctor in that practice. She's the only one I actually trust to come anywhere close to me (autist remember) so I think they made sure she was the one to call me.

She wrote me a note, but when my sister went to pick it up later that day. It turned out that my email had not been deleted but had also been picked up by one of the other doctors so I got 2 notes -- however, one said "allowed to leave the house", the other "not allowed to leave the house" (from my regular doctor).
    Oh dear...
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Hate that. And then they arrive full of apologies. My dentist is that way. It tickles me because every single time the first thing they say is "sorry you had to wait." Mr. SR gets the first appointment both there and with our eye doc but I'm not ready to go out that early.
    Naively, I thought taking the first appointment of the day would make things better. Silly me. She eventually called me 40 minutes late. Our call lasted 3 minutes. I wonder how much she got paid for those 3 minutes.

My mom and dad had a primary doctor who ran like 2 hours late to all his appointments. (Why they stayed with him, I have no idea). My mom did her own form of protesting by crocheting a blanket ONLY when she was waiting for the doctor. When she finished it, she told him "this blanket was made during our waiting time for you". I'm sure he didn't care, but I still think that was smart of her. My mom could be a real b*tch when she wanted to be. I learned from the master.

D'oh!!! Can you just ignore the note you don't want?

Welp, our governor, in his infinite wisdom, has issued a stay-at-home order for the state. Good luck trying to enforce that, Jay.
    Oh dear!! I'm still waiting for RI to do that, since it's starting to happen all around us.

Take care of your back! My mom is supposed to go in for a chiro appointment two weeks from now...and we've all got our dental cleanings that week too. This is gonna get interesting...
    My dental appointments got cancelled already.

D'oh!!! Can you just ignore the note you don't want?
    I did.
    But I'm keeping it anyway. Send the other one to my HR department.

My call with my doctor lasted about 2 minutes and it was a free consultation.

First Lieutenant Zandra's Ashes's Avatar

Hope everyone is staying safe, healthy, employed and, well, sane. I'm used to sometimes not leaving my house for a week, especially in winter, but some people are hilariously failing at the working at home thing, especially when it pairs with the schooling at home thing. My kiddo has been in online public school for years, so no growing pains for us.

My mom wanted him with the blonde woman from season 1. What was her name.... Gelina or something? Aeryn was too tough for her.
    Gilina was sweet and actually perfect for him had they met on Earth, but wouldn't have been a match for the man his character became. Man. Now I need to rewatch this too. It was so good!

I have an appointment on the 31st, so fingers crossed.

We did facetime with the twins last night. Mom and Dad are that close (fingers a millimeter apart) to cracking. They were playing with a box that wasn't quite big enough for both of them to crawl inside but they kept trying it anyway. The one left out always cried and tried to pull the other one out. Then they decided to use the box to crawl up on the coffee table and back down. Over and over and over. Finally Thing 2 tried to stand on a ball and climb over the baby gate. That did not end well. We're waiting for those little brain cells to figure out they can use the box in place of the ball. It's fascinating watching the wheels turn.

Dad said they can't get enough to eat and the dog's bed had to be moved outside the twin confinement area for her own protection.

"Dough Dog" has now become "Dog Go" so we're making progress there. So all those confined at home. You could be trapped with twins.
    They seriously need to start an Instagram for these kids. They'd make a lot of people smile these days. Made me smile!

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Very much so. While the fancier restaurants have closed up completely, a couple of our favorite dives are doing takeout, and we definitely want to make some orders.
    Yes. So hard for them right now. I've so many friends who were restaurant managers, bar managers, servers etc. Not only that, most of them also married or live with other restauranteurs. So hard for so many. So many industries in the grinder right now.
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Lieutenant General Southern Red's Avatar

I did.
    But I'm keeping it anyway. Send the other one to my HR department.

My call with my doctor lasted about 2 minutes and it was a free consultation.
    Our primary doc does a call every year to give us our test results after our annual physical. Last time he was 3 minutes late and was all full of apologies. We also have his personal cell #. We have been patients of his since he started his practice over 30 years ago so he feels comfortable with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    Hope everyone is staying safe, healthy, employed and, well, sane. I'm used to sometimes not leaving my house for a week, especially in winter, but some people are hilariously failing at the working at home thing, especially when it pairs with the schooling at home thing. My kiddo has been in online public school for years, so no growing pains for us.
    Two things happened this week that I can't get off my mind. I heard a lady at the grocery store telling the check out guy how sick she was of having her kids at home and that she told them to go outside and not come back until lunch. Let me tell you, I almost bit my tongue in half. The other was a guy who called into a local talk show and said since he has been home with his kids, he found out his sixth grade daughter doesn't know her multiplication tables. The teacher in me went ballistic. I taught that grade and can not imagine any of the kids not knowing the basic math facts. Have we come to this?

They seriously need to start an Instagram for these kids. They'd make a lot of people smile these days. Made me smile!
    That would be very popular but they want to limit their appearance on social media. We're very careful to post very little on FB also. We have a super secret album on iPhoto for the fam and certain parent-approved friends.

Here's another tidbit. When last we babysat, we taught them to say "zoom" when they were playing with little cars, Yesterday we got a video of Thing 2 riding on his tiny little bike that his Pop Pop gave him. Thing 1 was pushing him around in circles and saying "zoom zoom" the whole time. They ran into a chair and Thing 2 goes "uh oh." It was a hoot. I can't stop watching it.

Yes. So hard for them right now. I've so many friends who were restaurant managers, bar managers, servers etc. Not only that, most of them also married or live with other restauranteurs. So hard for so many. So many industries in the grinder right now.
    Sunday is our anniversary and since we can't go out, we are ordering from a local place we love. From what I hear on the news, maybe help is on the way.

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Zoom!

That's a classic... okay fine, I admit... I still say that.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

My dental appointments got cancelled already.
    We haven't gotten the call yet, but we're expecting it any time now as all non-essential dental procedures are currently halted as part of the statewide shutdown.

Sunday is our anniversary and since we can't go out, we are ordering from a local place we love. From what I hear on the news, maybe help is on the way.
    We just got breakfast from one of our favorite spots this morning. Next up we'll try getting burgers from the tavern (still got a couple of bottles of Guinness left over from St. Paddy's Day...we shall feast!).

Here's another tidbit. When last we babysat, we taught them to say "zoom" when they were playing with little cars, Yesterday we got a video of Thing 2 riding on his tiny little bike that his Pop Pop gave him. Thing 1 was pushing him around in circles and saying "zoom zoom" the whole time. They ran into a chair and Thing 2 goes "uh oh." It was a hoot. I can't stop watching it.
    OMG, those two!

Zoom!

That's a classic... okay fine, I admit... I still say that.
    Me too. Zoom is the best!

Me too. Zoom is the best!
    As a matter of fact, my previous license plate started with AZT which I remembered as Advanced Zoom Technologies.

My current one is TJS --> The Jedi Sanctuary.

(not a personalized one -- I just got lucky with my letters)

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

As a matter of fact, my previous license plate started with AZT which I remembered as Advanced Zoom Technologies.

Hah! That's clever! Wish my license plate was as cool.

Two things happened this week that I can't get off my mind. I heard a lady at the grocery store telling the check out guy how sick she was of having her kids at home and that she told them to go outside and not come back until lunch. Let me tell you, I almost bit my tongue in half. The other was a guy who called into a local talk show and said since he has been home with his kids, he found out his sixth grade daughter doesn't know her multiplication tables. The teacher in me went ballistic. I taught that grade and can not imagine any of the kids not knowing the basic math facts. Have we come to this?

That would be very popular but they want to limit their appearance on social media. We're very careful to post very little on FB also. We have a super secret album on iPhoto for the fam and certain parent-approved friends.

I know everyone has their own big feelings about what is going in in their own little bubble of life during the coronavirus, but it is interesting (frightening) to see new sides of people you thought you knew and the snippets of personality we get to witness in complete strangers. I find myself worrying about the littles (kiddos) and those who are in unhealthy, possibly unsafe, relationships who are under shelter in place orders.

Thank goodness we get twin tales to lighten the mood! Good call for the parents to protect them. Wish I could have seen that zoom video though! One day they'll be ready for the remote control cars and they can have a Sheppard/McKay style showdown.

And Happy Early Anniversary!

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

We just got breakfast from one of our favorite spots this morning. Next up we'll try getting burgers from the tavern (still got a couple of bottles of Guinness left over from St. Paddy's Day...we shall feast!).
    Yum, that sounds great! I need to decide where I'll order from. I'm missing pizza from one of my favorite tap rooms, but also street tacos. Decisions, decisions.

That's great. I've never lucked into anything I can remember. I might have to try your trick, find a good fitting name to match the letters.

That's great. I've never lucked into anything I can remember. I might have to try your trick, find a good fitting name to match the letters.
    I can't remember what they are otherwise.

I have a memory problem, related to having Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD for short).

It's Friday and it's sunny! Almost 80 degrees. I think it's going to be a sand, stain and paint the deck kind of weekend.

Page 7697 of 7698 FirstFirst ... 6697719775977647768776947695769676977698 LastLast