Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

LOL, yeah I normally only see movies in the theater once. I make rare exceptions for some, though.

Agreed on the rushed cattle call aspect of the Creation cons. Of course, other cons like SDCC can feel rushed and crowded as well. The plus side to the Creation cons is that you will get your autograph/photo op (which is no doubt why they feel so rushed, they're trying to get everyone through), and the premium seats are reserved, so you don't have to hunt for a place to sit (you still do with general tickets, but there's always room back there). It's a trade off.
    Penciling that in as a maybe, depending on my work travel schedule next year. I can deal with the crowds and lines. And eating alone. I feel bad taking a whole table if the restaurant is packed, but I'll belly up to a bar anywhere.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      I was gonna say... if YOU watched Vegas only once, I'd have to kick you off the thread.
      No chance of that. lol

Yeah it very much feels like a cattle call type of thing. You're shuffled from thing to thing with no time to actually enjoy it. Although I remember Torri being really sweet and telling me she liked my "Bermuda Rum Bum" t-shirt. It doesn't take much to make me happy. And Joe, the poor thing, looked like a deer in the headlights, which I appreciated because it's gotta be a hard job especially if you're not very outgoing. The other thing that stood out was how incredibly skinny all the actors were. Honestly, they are skinny little things. Jewel was pint sized.
      Robert Picardo is also a tiny little man. Michael Shanks seemed pretty normal in size.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
      Penciling that in as a maybe, depending on my work travel schedule next year. I can deal with the crowds and lines. And eating alone. I feel bad taking a whole table if the restaurant is packed, but I'll belly up to a bar anywhere.
      Mr. SR and I are both introverts but we found it very easy to make friends. There were about 8 of us who hung out together quite a bit, 4 in our row and the 4 in front. We ate several meals together and Mr. SR ended up holding our stuff so we could all go to the ladies room, etc . All it takes is starting to talk to one extrovert and you'll never be alone.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Err...

...maybe....
        I'll accept you only watching it once. But Southern Red, I wouldn't accept.... considering how much she loves Joe.

Didn't you have to watch it multiple times to do your time tracking?

Comment

Didn't you have to watch it multiple times to do your time tracking?
          Ah yes... good point... I did.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Robert Picardo is also a tiny little man. Michael Shanks seemed pretty normal in size.
            Jason Momoa is definitely not a shrimp, either.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Nope, he's Aquaman.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

I wish he'd been at my con. Joe isn't a shrimp but he was very skinny. And very handsome. I kinda lost myself whenever I looked at him.

ps - go Croatia!!

Comment

ps - go Croatia!!
                  Yuppers -- Croatia for the win tonight.

It does mean Belgium will have to play England again, but at least we'll be able to kick their butts again (hopefully -- unless they play dirty like France).

Comment

I booked my vacation to Cancun for middle of next month.

And YES, CROATIA WON! Now beat the damn French!!
                    Last edited by JT-2; 11 July 2018, 12:55 PM.

Comment

YES, they did it!!
                      And yes, they have to beat France because they certainly don't deserve it. Croatia has earned its place in the final and they too are a fair playing team. France, on the other hand, not so much.

The English will be thrilled to see they have to play us again. In our group game they literally did everything in their power to not having to win in order to play against the easier teams, so now they have to face off for 3rd place against us again. I so want them to eat grass but our boys are too kind.

Comment

YES, they did it!!
                        And yes, they have to beat France because they certainly don't deserve it. Croatia has earned its place in the final and they too are a fair playing team. France, on the other hand, not so much.

The English will be thrilled to see they have to play us again. In our group game they literally did everything in their power to not having to win in order to play against the easier teams, so now they have to face off for 3rd place against us again. I so want them to eat grass but our boys are too kind.
                        "Eat grass".... You crack me up.

I have no real reason to root for a team here. I just like the underdog.

Comment

I have no real reason to root for a team here. I just like the underdog.
                          Then Croatia is definitely your team.

Comment

I wish he'd been at my con. Joe isn't a shrimp but he was very skinny. And very handsome. I kinda lost myself whenever I looked at him.

ps - go Croatia!!
                            Skinny but with solid muscles. Just sayin'. I remember standing in line for my photo with him and the person in front of me warning me that when you first see him he takes your breath away. And it was true. I didn't believe it was possible, but he's better looking in person. Mr. SR agreed with me.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Skinny but with solid muscles. Just sayin'. I remember standing in line for my photo with him and the person in front of me warning me that when you first see him he takes your breath away. And it was true. I didn't believe it was possible, but he's better looking in person. Mr. SR agreed with me.
                              I agree with every word of this.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Nope, he's Aquaman.

I booked my vacation to Cancun for middle of next month.

Yeah! GO CROATIA!

As another who has witnessed the glory of JoeF in person, I can heartily agree with all of this.
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X