No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure you've seen this pop up somewhere online, but thought I'd share just in case. Five chevrons locked on progress for a new show. If it ever actually happens, it would be delightful to see some familiar faces, though it would mean I'd actually have to watch SGU. I only made it a few epps into that one.

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2020/...iting-destiny/

I like this one. He often mentions the beleaguered fans of the franchise. #truth
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1smuC8k8zk

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    LOL I thought I saw a bobcat once in our backyard but it turned out to be an overly large house cat. We live on the edge of a forest that connects up to a national park so we see all kinds of critters. There is talk of a black bear but so far he's avoided our section. I get amused by reading our neighborhood forum because people who haven't lived here very long get all in a twitter about the wildlife. And snakes? OMG if someone sees a snake, it's all hands on deck. And don't get me started about the helicopters. We live near several military bases and a helicopter pilot training facility. There be black helicopters. Duh. And the occasional fighter jet and/or osprey. Now those are really cool. We are not under attack.
    Lol, I saw a nope rope last weekend. It was down on the rocks getting some water. It was far enough away that I could consider it cute, but any closer it would have been a different story.

Love catching military aircraft in action! The osprey are so very cool. And I will admit I learned what they are because of Stargate- I had to go look up all the aircraft Sheppard rattled off in Rising. They looked pretty nice in the Transformers movie too (but Michael Bay is not to be mentioned in my household.)

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Heh! We've had a couple of bears swim out here, they were shipped back to the mainland after they were caught.

And oh yes, the military "wildlife". We've gotten the black helicopters and fighter jets a number of times, and one of those huge C-17 cargo planes a few weeks ago. Very very cool.
    Is it not just the Smokies or why bears are always found in hot tubs around me? Lol. Our national park must be the bear party park.

I saw so many planes taking off from Whidbey when I was in WA- I don't know how the locals get used to it, I was always craning my neck for a better view. Talk about distracted driving. I kept pulling over to watch. I saw them when I was on the water one day- so very cool- and then saw a tour boat tear through near Deception Pass blasting Highway to the Danger zone. Well played.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
      I'm sure you've seen this pop up somewhere online, but thought I'd share just in case. Five chevrons locked on progress for a new show. If it ever actually happens, it would be delightful to see some familiar faces, though it would mean I'd actually have to watch SGU. I only made it a few epps into that one.

https://www.gateworld.net/news/2020/...iting-destiny/

I like this one. He often mentions the beleaguered fans of the franchise. #truth
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1smuC8k8zk
      Hmm, hadn't seen that, but then, I'm not keeping up on Stargate news. Well, I guess we'll have to see what comes of it. And I'm not holding my breath for anything even close to a decent resolution on Elizabeth.

Lol, I saw a nope rope last weekend. It was down on the rocks getting some water. It was far enough away that I could consider it cute, but any closer it would have been a different story.
      "Nope rope." I've got to remember that one!

Is it not just the Smokies or why bears are always found in hot tubs around me? Lol. Our national park must be the bear party park.
      LMAO!

I saw so many planes taking off from Whidbey when I was in WA- I don't know how the locals get used to it, I was always craning my neck for a better view. Talk about distracted driving. I kept pulling over to watch. I saw them when I was on the water one day- so very cool- and then saw a tour boat tear through near Deception Pass blasting Highway to the Danger zone. Well played.
      OMG, well played indeed!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Hmm, hadn't seen that, but then, I'm not keeping up on Stargate news. Well, I guess we'll have to see what comes of it. And I'm not holding my breath for anything even close to a decent resolution on Elizabeth.
          You probably just heard me sighing from a couple thousand plus miles away. I'd already considered that her storyline could end up worse rather than better. It makes me nervous they may rewrite history or introduce backstory, add missing scenes, etc. (I'm going to assume you know what I mean because my brain is not producing the words to properly articulate- I blame fear ) that changes canon in a less than pleasant way. And who knows what they will supply for what's been going on all these years since they'll have to explain some progression of time if they are using familiar (ageing adorably and gracefully) faces.

I'm going to Scarlett O'Hara this for my brain. Tomorrow is another day. I'll worry when the seventh chevron is locked.
          sigpic

Comment

I've been thinking about you. So glad it went well and hope the week goes fast but know it won't. Keep busy if possible.
            Thank you!!

I got the news that there was no new cancer found! Woohoo!! So I still have to do radiation and such. I will go next Tuesday to discuss that part with the cancer team. I'm just relieved they didn't find any more.

Yay! Good to hear it went well, and LOL about your co-worker going in MOM-mode! (but seriously, though, it's good they're looking out for you )
            Yes, I definitely appreciated that.

Heh, there's that too. We kitties do love our sleep.
            Yes we do!! zzzzzz

So I just went to post we have the all clear from tiger watch and realized I never mentioned the recent madness that swept through town. So...multiple tiger sightings in my city. Counted cats at the zoo and the local Tiger Haven turned up no big cats missing. City proceeds to lose its mind and goes crazy with memes. Every bar, restaurant, and shop seemed to photoshop their business with a tiger in the front.

They are now admitting defeat and saying it must have been a bobcat. I have to admit, it was kind of fun while it lasted.

https://www.wbir.com/article/news/co...5-ef5179a82961

So glad to hear it went well and hope you continue feeling better. Just recovering from anesthesia is a beast, being sore and uncomfortable takes a toll so thumbs up to that co-worker. Keep getting lots of rest! Will keep sending all the good cosmic energy for healing your way and hope good news comes back.
            at the tiger story!! Now that's funny.

Thanks for the good cosmic energy. I need it.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              Thank you!!

I got the news that there was no new cancer found! Woohoo!! So I still have to do radiation and such. I will go next Tuesday to discuss that part with the cancer team. I'm just relieved they didn't find any more.
              YAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!! That is fantastic news!

You probably just heard me sighing from a couple thousand plus miles away. I'd already considered that her storyline could end up worse rather than better. It makes me nervous they may rewrite history or introduce backstory, add missing scenes, etc. (I'm going to assume you know what I mean because my brain is not producing the words to properly articulate- I blame fear ) that changes canon in a less than pleasant way. And who knows what they will supply for what's been going on all these years since they'll have to explain some progression of time if they are using familiar (ageing adorably and gracefully) faces.

I'm going to Scarlett O'Hara this for my brain. Tomorrow is another day. I'll worry when the seventh chevron is locked.
              Ugh, I'm not looking forward to crappy retcons, either. And given their previous track record, it's not promising. But yeah, we can worry when the seventh chevron is locked. Or should that be eighth, since the SGU crew is apparently gonna get involved too? Even better.

Comment

Thank you!!

Whoohoo! Great news! I'm so happy to hear that.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

YAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!! That is fantastic news!

Ugh, I'm not looking forward to crappy retcons, either. And given their previous track record, it's not promising. But yeah, we can worry when the seventh chevron is locked. Or should that be eighth, since the SGU crew is apparently gonna get involved too? Even better.
                Retcon, look at you. Supplying the perfect word my brain failed to provide. And see, I'd already forgotten the 8th chevron. I really am going to have to watch SGU.
                sigpic

Comment

Whoohoo! Great news! I'm so happy to hear that.

Retcon, look at you. Supplying the perfect word my brain failed to provide. And see,I'd already forgotten the 8th chevron. I really am going to have to watch SGU.

Insert gif of Luke screaming "NEVER" from Return of the Jedi, when Vader threatens to turn Leia.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Retcon, look at you. Supplying the perfect word my brain failed to provide. And see, I'd already forgotten the 8th chevron. I really am going to have to watch SGU.
                    Get some good "bribes" together to help you get through it.

Insert gif of Luke screaming "NEVER" from Return of the Jedi, when Vader threatens to turn Leia.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Comment

It was a tough day of football for me. My home team was playing my childhood chosen team. I was rooting for childhood team, as they are underdogs and haven't had a winning season in forever. Childhood team lost. I wonder if I rooted for local team if it would have gone the other way?

I go on Tuesday to discuss the next step in my treatment: radiation. I will find out on Tuesday about if I'll have to do something like tamoxifen after that (hope not). I'm hoping I can go to a nearby hospital for radiation treatments instead of going downtown every day. I'm such a suburban woman. I got city life out of me in college.

Comment

It actually feels odd to be back watching football. My team had their first game on Sat and kicked butt even with 23 players and 4 coaches out because of the Covid. The announcers were joking that they were wandering the streets the day before asking people if they could kick a football. LOL But the 3rd string kicker hit one from 43 and another one from 47. College football depends so much on motivation and I think they might have had it.

I hate going into the city also, especially if I have to drive. Around here you need a navigator to watch for crazies. I'll continue praying that all goes well for you.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

It was a tough day of football for me. My home team was playing my childhood chosen team. I was rooting for childhood team, as they are underdogs and haven't had a winning season in forever. Childhood team lost. I wonder if I rooted for local team if it would have gone the other way?
                              Isn't that always the way it goes?

I go on Tuesday to discuss the next step in my treatment: radiation. I will find out on Tuesday about if I'll have to do something like tamoxifen after that (hope not). I'm hoping I can go to a nearby hospital for radiation treatments instead of going downtown every day. I'm such a suburban woman. I got city life out of me in college.
                              *hugs you and crosses fingers for Tuesday* Hope everything goes well.

I'm really starting to dislike going into town (the mainland). I mean, sure, it already sucked before when we lived down in SoCal, but it was so much an everyday part of life I was just used to it. Now that I've been away from it for so long and it takes a ferry ride on top of everything else, it's just that much more of an ordeal.

It actually feels odd to be back watching football. My team had their first game on Sat and kicked butt even with 23 players and 4 coaches out because of the Covid. The announcers were joking that they were wandering the streets the day before asking people if they could kick a football. LOL But the 3rd string kicker hit one from 43 and another one from 47. College football depends so much on motivation and I think they might have had it.

I hate going into the city also, especially if I have to drive. Around here you need a navigator to watch for crazies. I'll continue praying that all goes well for you.
                              Yeah, the Pac-12 (with apparently a big push from the USC players) finally bullied convinced Newsom to pull that stick out of his butt and let college sports reopen before next year. Now let's see if it actually happens...

Comment

*tiptoes in*

Like cheese with a skunk label.
                                That better be one hell of a smelly cheese...

We live near several military bases and a helicopter pilot training facility. There be black helicopters. Duh. And the occasional fighter jet and/or osprey. Now those are really cool. We are not under attack.
                                Our new house is situated underneath the approach for the planes landing at Brussels Airport, so we have a great visual of all the incoming planes, including the military's C130 planes.

We love to guess which air company is on approach by visuals alone, and whether it's cargo or passenger. Considering international travel is limited, American/Canadians are automatically labelled cargo.

Comtraya!!
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X