Page 7721 of 7727 FirstFirst ... 672172217621767177117718771977207721772277237724 ... LastLast
Results 154,401 to 154,420 of 154540
    Air Force Chief of Staff Falcon Horus's Avatar

Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Melting will continue until the middle of the week...

...after which temps will drop to more normal temperatures, around 25 degrees celsius.

At the moment, it's still around 21-22 degrees outside and it's 2:30 in the morning.

Unfortunately, it's closer to 27 degrees in my bedroom...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 9 of SG-1
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post

...after which temps will drop to more normal temperatures, around 25 degrees celsius.

At the moment, it's still around 21-22 degrees outside and it's 2:30 in the morning.

Yuck!!!

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

*translates from Fahrenheit to Celsius*... Ewwwwww! Not happy! Hope that cooler weather will come sooner than forecast!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

I'm officially done with summer. It seems like this one has been extra hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    *translates from Fahrenheit to Celsius*... Ewwwwww! Not happy! Hope that cooler weather will come sooner than forecast!
    Not until Friday, but there should be thunder, maybe lightning and hopefully rain every day of the week this week.
    Unfortunately the temps will stay at melting point.

Also, from Celsius to Fahrenheit or vice versa... Claire posted a hilarious chart on her instagram about Canada's metric systems. My sister and I have been LOL'ing all weekend, continuously asking, "For cooking, the weather or the pool?" -- cause that would be Celsius, Celsius, Fahrenheit, according to the chart.
    First time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Quote Originally Posted by JT-2 View Post
    I'm officially done with summer. It seems like this one has been extra hot.
    Yeah, I keep looking at the weather reports from the East Coast and Midwest...geeze, you guys are getting hammered!

Not until Friday, but there should be thunder, maybe lightning and hopefully rain every day of the week this week.
    Unfortunately the temps will stay at melting point.

Also, from Celsius to Fahrenheit or vice versa... Claire posted a hilarious chart on her instagram about Canada's metric systems. My sister and I have been LOL'ing all weekend, continuously asking, "For cooking, the weather or the pool?" -- cause that would be Celsius, Celsius, Fahrenheit, according to the chart.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

First Lieutenant Zandra's Ashes's Avatar

Weather is mostly pleasant here this week, looks even more pleasant next week. It won't last, but I'm enjoying the break from the heat. Looking forward to some longer hikes this fall. I needed new waterproof Merrells and made the mistake of going into REI instead of ordering online. $250 later I escaped. I did snag some needed Smartwool pieces on clearance, so I got a lot of bang for my bucks. Both brands hold up well for me, so price per wear is actually pretty good. But still
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

It rained and it rumbled, but it's still hot.

I sincerely hope the thermometer in my bedroom is just broke (part of a keychain on my hiking backpack) cause otherwise I have to believe it's currently close to 30° Celsius (give or take 87° Fahrenheit) in my room.

I've been sleeping relatively OK the last few days.

By which I mean, that I sleep inside a sleepingbag, sandwiched between two sides of a duvet, with a fleeceblanket on top -- my very own cocoon and yes, safe space. It's remarkably chill inside my cocoon.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

It's cool enough here this week, even got a bit of haze in the air that makes me suspect we've got fog out on the open water between us and the mainland. No wonder the ferries are running behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    Weather is mostly pleasant here this week, looks even more pleasant next week. It won't last, but I'm enjoying the break from the heat. Looking forward to some longer hikes this fall. I needed new waterproof Merrells and made the mistake of going into REI instead of ordering online. $250 later I escaped. I did snag some needed Smartwool pieces on clearance, so I got a lot of bang for my bucks. Both brands hold up well for me, so price per wear is actually pretty good. But still
    Go window shopping, they said... It'll be fun, they said...

I sincerely hope the thermometer in my bedroom is just broke (part of a keychain on my hiking backpack) cause otherwise I have to believe it's currently close to 30° Celsius (give or take 87° Fahrenheit) in my room.

By which I mean, that I sleep inside a sleepingbag, sandwiched between two sides of a duvet, with a fleeceblanket on top -- my very own cocoon and yes, safe space. It's remarkably chill inside my cocoon.
    I'd never be able to sleep in those temperatures wrapped up like that.

Lieutenant General Southern Red's Avatar

I have a pair of Merrell sandals that are the most comfy I've ever had.

I'd never be able to sleep in those temperatures wrapped up like that.
    Me neither. Lately I've been sleeping under a thin sheet with the ceiling fan going. SR Jr. and fam are now in Colorado visiting his wife's family. The twins did great on the flight because it was mostly empty and they got to spread out. It's in the low 70s out there and the 40s at night. Jealous.

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Anyone been following Joe's stories on Instagram? Newman meeting the cows was so darn cute.

I love sleep cocoons!

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Go window shopping, they said... It'll be fun, they said...
    Lol Luckily my inspection showed all other hiking gear needed replaced. The bleeding will stop until the next time I venture into REI. I've banned myself until fall 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Red View Post
    I have a pair of Merrell sandals that are the most comfy I've ever had.

Me neither. Lately I've been sleeping under a thin sheet with the ceiling fan going. SR Jr. and fam are now in Colorado visiting his wife's family. The twins did great on the flight because it was mostly empty and they got to spread out. It's in the low 70s out there and the 40s at night. Jealous.
    I have some Merrill sandals too. They are great! Hope the kiddos are enjoying Colorado. I could imagine all kinds of entertaining adventures for them.

Was planning on sleeping on our balcony tonight -- it's on the back of the building so minimal noise from the street in front. But then my cats found a big spider and I promptly changed my mind. I did save the spider from getting eaten.

I'm back in my room where I think the temp has gone down, or I'm just used to it now...

Perhaps this should be part of my Office Saga. However, I'm sure the AC in Atlantis never gives out.

Well I am supposed to go to Dana Farber in Boston on Friday to get a second opinion on my cancer. But my stupid primary doctor can't seem to figure out what they need to send for "prior authorization" so my insurance will pay for it. They are reaaaally on my last nerves right now. The doctor's secretary is like "but that's now how I usually do it". I don't freaking care! Just do it!!

Anyway, I feel pretty confident that my appointments are going to be postponed. I'd love to be wrong.

I'm jealous too!! Damn, that sounds so nice.

Was planning on sleeping on our balcony tonight -- it's on the back of the building so minimal noise from the street in front. But then my cats found a big spider and I promptly changed my mind. I did save the spider from getting eaten.

I'm back in my room where I think the temp has gone down, or I'm just used to it now...

Perhaps this should be part of my Office Saga. However, I'm sure the AC in Atlantis never gives out.
    With all of the power problems in Atlantis, I'm sure they've had many hot days there. Of course, John and Elizabeth can cool off on their balcony.

With all of the power problems in Atlantis, I'm sure they've had many hot days there. Of course, John and Elizabeth can cool off on their balcony.
    I would think it would be the opposite of "cool"...

That might be better suited for the M-rated version of the Office Saga.

Lieutenant General Southern Red's Avatar

I have some Merrill sandals too. They are great! Hope the kiddos are enjoying Colorado. I could imagine all kinds of entertaining adventures for them.
    They're having a ball. Once a year my DIL's family gets together. She has 6 siblings with assorted kids and spouses. Their dad rents a huge house somewhere and they all stay for a week. The boys are just beginning to be able to play with their cousins. SR Jr. loves having a large family at last but sometimes doesn't quite know what to do with all of them.

Well I am supposed to go to Dana Farber in Boston on Friday to get a second opinion on my cancer. But my stupid primary doctor can't seem to figure out what they need to send for "prior authorization" so my insurance will pay for it. They are reaaaally on my last nerves right now. The doctor's secretary is like "but that's now how I usually do it". I don't freaking care! Just do it!!

Anyway, I feel pretty confident that my appointments are going to be postponed. I'd love to be wrong.
    I hope you are wrong also. Insurance companies are a pain in the neck, but necessary. Wait until you get on Medicare. They pay hardly nothing and take forever to do it. I am just now getting statements from when I had some moles removed in March.

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Yep, that's about what it is out here in the PNW, at least most areas near the water. Mid to low 70s in the day, and the 50s at night. Supposed to heat up next week with Seattle hitting the 90s over the weekend, and I'm not looking forward to that.

Anyone been following Joe's stories on Instagram? Newman meeting the cows was so darn cute.
    Oooh, I'm gonna have to check that out!

Lol Luckily my inspection showed all other hiking gear needed replaced. The bleeding will stop until the next time I venture into REI. I've banned myself until fall 2021.

Ugh. I hate medical bureaucracy. Sorry you're having to deal with that too. *hugs*

I hope you are wrong also. Insurance companies are a pain in the neck, but necessary. Wait until you get on Medicare. They pay hardly nothing and take forever to do it. I am just now getting statements from when I had some moles removed in March.
    Yeah, stuff like this and the shenanigans with the VA are why I do not support government-run healthcare. It's just a constantly snowballing disaster.

Maybe give your cat some more time to scare off the spiders. I love sleeping outdoors.

I had to think about that for a minute, I was like wasn't there an episode where the AC didn't work? I'm overdue a re-watch. I have half the first season on my iPad for my flight tomorrow.

I'm jealous too!! Damn, that sounds so nice.

Um yes...any excuse for another balcony chat.

And I'm so sorry about the insurance. You might be able to get the insurance company to call the office. I had mine (was lucky to catch a wonderful human) call while they put me on hold. I really hope they get it sorted for you.

Oh heck yeah

Maybe give your cat some more time to scare off the spiders.
    It was the crunch of the flattening that alerted me to the 8-legged victim. Yes, I saved the spider from getting eaten.
    Though I don't know if it survived since it looked a bit crumbled when I put it savely in the potted plant. We have netting across those to keep the cats from digging the sand out so they couldn't reach the spider there.

Well, I was right about my appointments being cancelled. The primary care doctor finally did what they were supposed to, but it was too late - Dana Farber had to "release the appointments". So now I wait for the authorization to become final, then call them again. ARGH!!!

I remember from taking care of my mom. *shudders*

And I'm so sorry about the insurance. You might be able to get the insurance company to call the office. I had mine (was lucky to catch a wonderful human) call while they put me on hold. I really hope they get it sorted for you.
    Oh I called the insurance company too. I've made so many phone calls in the last week, it's insane. I hate making phone calls!!

It was the crunch of the flattening that alerted me to the 8-legged victim. Yes, I saved the spider from getting eaten.
    Though I don't know if it survived since it looked a bit crumbled when I put it savely in the potted plant. We havezcross those to keep the cats from digging the sand out so they couldn't reach the spider there.
    Killer kitties!!!

Page 7721 of 7727 FirstFirst ... 672172217621767177117718771977207721772277237724 ... LastLast