Page 7709 of 7710 FirstFirst ... 6709720976097659769977067707770877097710 LastLast
Results 154,161 to 154,180 of 154199

Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    I'd send you some of our rain, but I know our trees are going to need it to get through the summer... Hope you get a nice drencher of a storm soon!
    No thunderstorm hit, but we did get some rain.

My sister and I were just getting ready for our daily walk. She asked me to check the weather to see if it was gonna rain in the next couple of hours, so I google for the information but the rain beat me to it.

Then when we did leave an hour later, it was again threatening to rain but it remained dry for our entire walk.

Quote Originally Posted by JT-2 View Post
    I'm going to be buying an office chair for my house this weekend (since I'll start working from home soon). Any tips on what is good in an office chair?
    I bought a gaming chair as office chair, and I'm never getting anything else ever again. Oh my goddess, so freakin' comfy. It looks and feels like a car seat, and it's literally heaven to sit in it all day --> Nitro Gaming chair
    It doesn't come cheap but it's so worth it.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum
    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 8 of SG-1
    First time time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Speaking of the weather... it is supposed to rain soon here, and it really needs to cause it's so freaking humid that I am an inch away from turning on the A/C.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Red View Post
    We got ours from Office Depot. They are microfiber, are adjustable, have good lumbar support and are very comfy. I don't remember the brand and don't see a name on mine, but we've had them a long time and I doubt this particular model is still available. You can never go wrong with Office Depot. I looked at the website and they have tons of choices.

There aren't any Office Depots in RI. We do have a Staples, so that's where we're planning on going.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post

My sister and I were just getting ready for our daily walk. She asked me to check the weather to see if it was gonna rain in the next couple of hours, so I google for the information but the rain beat me to it.

Then when we did leave an hour later, it was again threatening to rain but it remained dry for our entire walk.

I bought a gaming chair as office chair, and I'm never getting anything else ever again. Oh my goddess, so freakin' comfy. It looks and feels like a car seat, and it's literally heaven to sit in it all day --> Nitro Gaming chair
    Ooh, that looks super cozy! I'll see if there's anything like that at the store. I don't mind paying a bit extra for a really good chair. It's an investment in my back, the way I figure it. I have no idea how my back is going to cope with sitting all day again, when I haven't had to sit all day in many, many years.

Lieutenant General Southern Red's Avatar

Speaking of the weather... it is supposed to rain soon here, and it really needs to cause it's so freaking humid that I am an inch away from turning on the A/C.

There aren't any Office Depots in RI. We do have a Staples, so that's where we're planning on going.

Ooh, that looks super cozy! I'll see if there's anything like that at the store. I don't mind paying a bit extra for a really good chair. It's an investment in my back, the way I figure it. I have no idea how my back is going to cope with sitting all day again, when I haven't had to sit all day in many, many years.
    Actually I think we may have bought our chairs at Staples, or at least one of them. I remember browsing over there. Our Office Depot is near the Staples, so that's my excuse for not remembering and I'm sticking to it. Mr. SR is older than I am so he doesn't know either.

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Actually I think we may have bought our chairs at Staples, or at least one of them. I remember browsing over there. Our Office Depot is near the Staples, so that's my excuse for not remembering and I'm sticking to it. Mr. SR is older than I am so he doesn't know either.

I forget what I'm going into a room for, these days. So I'm certainly not going to say anything.

I ended up buying a Tempurpedic chair that was super comfy. My brother is going to put it together for me. My mechanical skills are pretty much non-existent.

First Lieutenant Zandra's Ashes's Avatar

That looks nice!

I forget what I'm going into a room for, these days. So I'm certainly not going to say anything.

I ended up buying a Tempurpedic chair that was super comfy. My brother is going to put it together for me. My mechanical skills are pretty much non-existent.

Nice- I was going to recommend a Tempurpedic. I bought mine five years ago and it's still in great shape.
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Ahhh, I love walking around in blustery weather. Not drenching rain, but breezy and cool with a few sprinkles is awesome.

Sweet! Sounds very comfy, indeed. Don't forget to get a chair mat to protect your floor.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Quote Originally Posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    Nice- I was going to recommend a Tempurpedic. I bought mine five years ago and it's still in great shape.
    Oh good, I'm glad to hear someone else is happy with one of them too!!

Sweet! Sounds very comfy, indeed. Don't forget to get a chair mat to protect your floor.
    Oh, I didn't think of that. Good idea!!

My back isn't complaining, and my sister who has a back problem... well, let's just say that she was hard to get back out of my chair once she was sitting down to "test" it.

I also have to fight the cat for space cause they love my chair a great deal.

Don't forget to get a chair mat to protect your floor.
    I can attest to this -- best invention ever.
    Also, my sister uses it to practice her ballet so she doesn't slip when she's doing her exercises. Apparently, my floor mat is multi-purpose.

Oh, I didn't think of that. Good idea!!
    For reference -- here's mine: GTX Trust Gaming floor mat
    First time time watching Star Trek: The Adventures of Captain Kirk and his Trusted Sidekick, Mr. Spock

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday and a restful Memorial Day to all in the US.

My back isn't complaining, and my sister who has a back problem... well, let's just say that she was hard to get back out of my chair once she was sitting down to "test" it.

I also have to fight the cat for space cause they love my chair a great deal.

I can attest to this -- best invention ever.
    Also, my sister uses it to practice her ballet so she doesn't slip when she's doing her exercises. Apparently, my floor mat is multi-purpose.
    Heh, that's awesome! If I didn't already have an exercise mat, I'd probably get another chair mat to use.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

It's 80 degrees here. I turned on the A/C for the first time this season. (And my electric bill will start to climb).

It's 80 degrees here. I turned on the A/C for the first time this season. (And my electric bill will start to climb).
    It's in the 80s here also but so far we've avoided the AC. It's starting to get humid so I know we can't hold out much longer.

Twin tidbit: They gathered up stuffed animals, their sippy cups, shoes and mom's phone and put them in the dryer. We had a video call last night and Thing 1 ran over to show us his belly button. Thing 2 has 2 molars coming in , so he was a bit cranky. They are coming over on Monday to spend the day with us. Yay.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Hey, is anyone going to be watching the NASA/SpaceX Demo-2 launch today?

It's in the 80s here also but so far we've avoided the AC. It's starting to get humid so I know we can't hold out much longer.
    *shudders* It's only supposed to be in the mid-60s here, but it always seems to end up warmer than the forecast. Plus it's humid, which just makes it worse. May have to crank up the AC later in the week.

Twin tidbit: They gathered up stuffed animals, their sippy cups, shoes and mom's phone and put them in the dryer. We had a video call last night and Thing 1 ran over to show us his belly button. Thing 2 has 2 molars coming in , so he was a bit cranky. They are coming over on Monday to spend the day with us. Yay.
    Oh dear, hope mom's phone survived.

Hey, is anyone going to be watching the NASA/SpaceX Demo-2 launch today?
    If only the weather gods were more kindly...

First Lieutenant Zandra's Ashes's Avatar

Awesome- so glad you have some twin time scheduled.

I had to break down last week when we got in the upper 80's. I still open the doors/windows whenever I can. We have jasmine shrubs in bloom and it smells heavenly.

I'm so nervous about all this. I was almost relieved for the weather delay.
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Hopefully they will be on Saturday.

I'm so nervous about all this. I was almost relieved for the weather delay.
    Yeah, it was an odd little break in the tension.

I had to break down last week when we got in the upper 80's. I still open the doors/windows whenever I can. We have jasmine shrubs in bloom and it smells heavenly.
    *happy sigh* I love jasmine.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Hey, FH - on Tumblr someone is watching SGA for the first time and the person got to Kate's demise and was all "WTF?!?!?!" It's so funny to read these posts of theirs and then see the salty comments of the rest of us about the stupidity of later-stage SGA. That anger doesn't ever seem to fade.

Hey, FH - on Tumblr someone is watching SGA for the first time and the person got to Kate's demise and was all "WTF?!?!?!" It's so funny to read these posts of theirs and then see the salty comments of the rest of us about the stupidity of later-stage SGA. That anger doesn't ever seem to fade.
    Do they make any statements on Sparky or notSparky? It's always interesting to see what other people think about that.

Page 7709 of 7710 FirstFirst ... 6709720976097659769977067707770877097710 LastLast