• Show
Clear All

Boo atypical cells...

*sending all the good vibes I can spare*
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I adulted today... (not a verb but go with it) ...we found a house we liked. Finished in 2019 and owned by a young couple who recently split (amicably I might add).

Visited yesterday. Had a good feeling about it, and decided to return today with dad (he's chipping in).
      The current owner made a mention that anyone bidding the asking price (450.000€ --> 505.163,70$) would be immediately accepted.

On our way home from the visit, there was no doubt that we wanted to take the plunge, even though we still have to go round the bank to discuss the loan so if we each don't get the 150.000€ (168.387,90$) we hope for, we won't be able to go through with buying the house. I'm a little anxious about the loan cause I fear they might deny me the full loan -- though I wouldn't know why. I have collateral in the shape of already owning half a house (my grandfather's).

But anywho... I adulted today.
      Good luck with all that. Buying a house is about as adult as you can get.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Good for you!! I hope you get the loan. That's some serious adulting!

I did some adulting myself today. Started my new job. I need to win the lottery so I can not work and still have money.....
      That comes when you retire. It's pretty great. A friend of mine calls it mail box money.

It's slow going. Getting access to systems takes awhile.

My doctor just called me to say my "atypical" cells are actually "pre-cancer". So now I have to have another MRI, some genetic counseling, and meet with some board. She mentioned I might have to have radiation or take something like tamoxifen. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!
      Nooooo! My SIL took tamoxifen for years and she's still going strong at my age. I'm sure it will all work out fine.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Good luck with all that. Buying a house is about as adult as you can get.
        Thanks.

That comes when you retire. It's pretty great. A friend of mine calls it mail box money.
        There's a reason I'm counting down to that glorious day... ...sort of.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

It's slow going. Getting access to systems takes awhile.

My doctor just called me to say my "atypical" cells are actually "pre-cancer". So now I have to have another MRI, some genetic counseling, and meet with some board. She mentioned I might have to have radiation or take something like tamoxifen. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!
          Eeep! Hopefully catching it early will return a good result in treatment. *hugs and snuggles you*

LOL, gotta remember that one.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

The dude at the bank was quite positive about our outlooks to get the loan we want.
            The outcome of the analyses was positive, at least.

The adventure continues...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

The dude at the bank was quite positive about our outlooks to get the loan we want.

Excellent news! Here's hoping!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Excellent news! Here's hoping!
                Should hear something in the coming days but it looks like we'll be going into 2021 living in a new village, in our very own house.

Comment

Well, my genetic counseling appointment only took 30 of the 90 minutes allotted. My family is pretty small. And all dead except for 4 cousins. (My siblings didn't count cause they're not biological). My family was pretty clean except my mother who had 3 separate cancers. Cause of her I'm getting tested for BRCA and Lynch syndrome.

Boo atypical cells...

*sending all the good vibes I can spare*
                  Thank you! I need them.

20 more years until then.........

Must start buying lottery tickets.

Nooooo! My SIL took tamoxifen for years and she's still going strong at my age. I'm sure it will all work out fine.
                  That's good to hear. I've been reading up on DCIS (ductal carcinoma in situ) and it looks like radiation is the go-to after surgery. I'm hoping that somehow I can avoid that. I just started my new job. I don't want to have to miss a ton of it to do that. (Besides I just don't want to do it)

Eeep! Hopefully catching it early will return a good result in treatment. *hugs and snuggles you*
                  Yes, that's what I hope too.

Exciting!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Should hear something in the coming days but it looks like we'll be going into 2021 living in a new village, in our very own house.
                    Yay! I'm so excited for you!

Well, my genetic counseling appointment only took 30 of the 90 minutes allotted. My family is pretty small. And all dead except for 4 cousins. (My siblings didn't count cause they're not biological). My family was pretty clean except my mother who had 3 separate cancers. Cause of her I'm getting tested for BRCA and Lynch syndrome.

That's good to hear. I've been reading up on DCIS (ductal carcinoma in situ) and it looks like radiation is the go-to after surgery. I'm hoping that somehow I can avoid that. I just started my new job. I don't want to have to miss a ton of it to do that. (Besides I just don't want to do it)
                    More tests? That sucks. And so does radiation. Of course, on the sort-of-plus side, while you're out for treatment, there's less chance of running into your former coworkers from the former job. (hey, it's always good to find something funny to laugh about, right?)

Comment

More tests? That sucks. And so does radiation. Of course, on the sort-of-plus side, while you're out for treatment, there's less chance of running into your former coworkers from the former job. (hey, it's always good to find something funny to laugh about, right?)
                      We're all still working from home so there's no running into anyone yet. I did have to go into the building to present my ids to show I'm American () and it was REALLY freaky going back into that building. It's going to be super insane when I'm back there full time. With the virus still chugging along, I have no idea how long away that is.

Comment

Good for you. Moving is exciting when you're young. We're always looking for our retirement home, hopefully near the kids but we can't afford what we want and don't want what we can afford. I'm sure it will come along at the perfect time.

We're all still working from home so there's no running into anyone yet. I did have to go into the building to present my ids to show I'm American () and it was REALLY freaky going back into that building. It's going to be super insane when I'm back there full time. With the virus still chugging along, I have no idea how long away that is.
                        I think working from home is going to be the new norm. Both SR Jr. and Mrs. SR Jr. think they will continue working from home into next year and beyond. In fact her boss is in I think Denver and his boss is somewhere in Florida. They are even doing training seminars online. I used to laugh about teachers not being able to telecommute but now even that has changed. I'm even more glad to be retired.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Moving is exciting when you're young.
                          I distinctly remember some 5 years ago that my sister and I swore never to move again, after we had struggled bringing our stuff from the small studio places over to the appartment -- 500 meters up the hill.

One of the first things we said was, "Oh no, all our books have to move again..."

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday and to those in the USA, Happy Independence Day!

I have to agree with SR, working from home (or at least offering the option when it's feasible) is likely going to be standard procedure from now on. So, perhaps it won't turn out to be that insane...

I distinctly remember some 5 years ago that my sister and I swore never to move again, after we had struggled bringing our stuff from the small studio places over to the appartment -- 500 meters up the hill.

One of the first things we said was, "Oh no, all our books have to move again..."
                            Whoops!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Comment

I survived the family 4th of July party. It was hot outside. And then they all got into politics and I was just . But I kept my mouth shut, and said "bless their hearts" inside my head. (SR, that's the phrase right?)

I think working from home is going to be the new norm. Both SR Jr. and Mrs. SR Jr. think they will continue working from home into next year and beyond. In fact her boss is in I think Denver and his boss is somewhere in Florida. They are even doing training seminars online. I used to laugh about teachers not being able to telecommute but now even that has changed. I'm even more glad to be retired.
                                I hope that's the case. I like working from home.

I have to agree with SR, working from home (or at least offering the option when it's feasible) is likely going to be standard procedure from now on. So, perhaps it won't turn out to be that insane...
                                That's true!! Knowing how my old company was about working from home, I can't imagine them allowing it. But like you said, maybe the virus has changed people's minds.

Comment

Working...
                                X