No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Good day today as I found an exact match for the shirts worn by the DEO agents in Supergirl. It was a bit steep in price but it'll make a great addition to my hiking gear as well, so well worth the buy.

After this crazy week, a bit of shopping was in order.
    Cosplay shopping is the BEST kind of shopping!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Cosplay shopping is the BEST kind of shopping!
      My sister went shopping for fabric. She's going to make an outfit worn by Morena Baccarin in the Serenity film.

Did I mention, the convention is just 5 days away.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

My sister went shopping for fabric. She's going to make an outfit worn by Morena Baccarin in the Serenity film.

Did I mention, the convention is just 5 days away.
        Whoa! No pressure!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Challenge #129
          Pets\Animals

RodneyIsGodney

slizzie

sigpic
          Sig and Avi by by AFA Secret Santa Josiane. Thank you.

Comment

Challenge #130

This week I am stuck on ideas. When that happens, I like someone or something else to tell me what to do. So here are three random generators to help give you a nudge in doing some art. You can use all three, or just one. Please let us know what you were given.

Here is a color generator

An art generator with several links to click to get ideas

kind of a weird one but who knows it might work for you

one last one just for giggles

Anything goes, just use the generator to guide you!

Entries due to me by noon your time Monday April 3rd.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Whoa! No pressure!
              In her own words:

"You know me, buy fabric -- start 2 days before it needs to be finished, stress about not being able to finish it. Curse a lot. Get stuck! Start again and tadaaah... finished on time."

Me, I'm more cautious.

Comment

Went to a fun festival this weekend. Sampled chocolate and wine.

Sorry for the mini rant.
                Spoiler:

This afternoon, I am very grumpy though. Was trying to call a place to get an answer to a question, but kept having to call back for like three hours. Was on hold for ages, then I was offered the option to leave a message. Wanted to talk with a real person, as that is the whole point of having office hours in the first place. Then I wasted a whole lot of time, and never got an answer.

Why have phones if you don't use them???
                sigpic
                Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

In her own words:

"You know me, buy fabric -- start 2 days before it needs to be finished, stress about not being able to finish it. Curse a lot. Get stuck! Start again and tadaaah... finished on time."

Me, I'm more cautious.
                  You and me both.

Originally posted by Morgania View Post

Sorry for the mini rant.
                  Spoiler:

This afternoon, I am very grumpy though. Was trying to call a place to get an answer to a question, but kept having to call back for like three hours. Was on hold for ages, then I was offered the option to leave a message. Wanted to talk with a real person, as that is the whole point of having office hours in the first place. Then I wasted a whole lot of time, and never got an answer.

Mmmm, the chocolate and wine sounds fun! I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

As for the phone rant, that's why I prefer email. I hate having to play phone tag too.

Comment

In her own words:

Me, I'm more cautious.
                    I truly admire people who can sew without bleeding. Me, I can't sew on a button without sticking myself.

Sorry for the mini rant.
                    Spoiler:

I agree 100%. If I call a business and get asked to leave a message, I just hang up and find someone with a real office and phones answered by a human.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      I truly admire people who can sew without bleeding. Me, I can't sew on a button without sticking myself.
                      I can do you one better. I will still be wearing the pants or shirt while sewing the button back on.
                      Or use more thread than I should really -- just want to make sure it's not coming off again.

Though when something needs serious fixing, I go to the pro and ask very nicely whether she has time.

Comment

Chocolate and wine over sewing any day of the week, though if sewing was going to happen, I think a convention would be the trick to motivate me. Sounds like fun.

And I am a big fan of the customer service platforms that let you chat online, I hate talking on the phone as much as I hate waiting for someone to pickup the phone. I'm one of those people who should update my voice mail to essentially say text me if you want a response. But I'm nice, so I haven't dared...yet, lol.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                          Chocolate and wine over sewing any day of the week, though if sewing was going to happen, I think a convention would be the trick to motivate me. Sounds like fun.
                          Heck, I just like looking at all the cosplayers. The variety of costumes, the absolutely unreal tricks they pull off, it's just awesome.

And I am a big fan of the customer service platforms that let you chat online, I hate talking on the phone as much as I hate waiting for someone to pickup the phone. I'm one of those people who should update my voice mail to essentially say text me if you want a response. But I'm nice, so I haven't dared...yet, lol.
                          I'm right there with you with hating to talk on the phone at all, which is probably why I like email so much. But these days yeah, it's all about chat and texting.

Comment

Our cable company (FIOS) recently changed the look of the "on demand" area and I am not amused. I don't use it very often but now can't find the stupid TV section.
                            I hear you. I finally understand my new cable remote but I liked the old one better.

Happy St. Patty's Day! I stumbled into a superhero themed restaurant in Atlanta today called Savage Pizza...loved it. Great way to add fun to an already festive day.

I need to check out Once Upon a Time. I've been binge watching Arrow and in one episode alone I counted three Stargate alumni.
                            It's a good show. You have to watch from the beginning though. It's on Netflix.

Anything filmed in Vancouver (like Arrow) will be populated with Stargate alumni.

David Nykl appears like three seconds in Once Upon A Time before he's turned into a fish and never seen again.
                            That's right! And Paul McGillion (not sure I spelled that right) is on it briefly too.

I agree 100%. If I call a business and get asked to leave a message, I just hang up and find someone with a real office and phones answered by a human.
                            I had to call Apple for my brother who can't speak awhile ago and I was surprised to get a human who was very helpful. It didn't used to be a surprise to talk to a person, though.

Comment

There were humans, I called during business hours. I was able to talk with a person yesterday, and everything is resolved. It was still really annoying though.
                              sigpic
                              Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                                I had to call Apple for my brother who can't speak awhile ago and I was surprised to get a human who was very helpful. It didn't used to be a surprise to talk to a person, though.
                                Apple's supposed to be pretty good about that, from what I've heard.

There were humans, I called during business hours. I was able to talk with a person yesterday, and everything is resolved. It was still really annoying though.
                                Yay! Glad everything got fixed!

Comment

Working...
                                X