No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope everyone is staying safe, healthy, employed and, well, sane. I'm used to sometimes not leaving my house for a week, especially in winter, but some people are hilariously failing at the working at home thing, especially when it pairs with the schooling at home thing. My kiddo has been in online public school for years, so no growing pains for us.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

My mom wanted him with the blonde woman from season 1. What was her name.... Gelina or something? Aeryn was too tough for her.
    Gilina was sweet and actually perfect for him had they met on Earth, but wouldn't have been a match for the man his character became. Man. Now I need to rewatch this too. It was so good!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I have an appointment on the 31st, so fingers crossed.

We did facetime with the twins last night. Mom and Dad are that close (fingers a millimeter apart) to cracking. They were playing with a box that wasn't quite big enough for both of them to crawl inside but they kept trying it anyway. The one left out always cried and tried to pull the other one out. Then they decided to use the box to crawl up on the coffee table and back down. Over and over and over. Finally Thing 2 tried to stand on a ball and climb over the baby gate. That did not end well. We're waiting for those little brain cells to figure out they can use the box in place of the ball. It's fascinating watching the wheels turn.

Dad said they can't get enough to eat and the dog's bed had to be moved outside the twin confinement area for her own protection.

"Dough Dog" has now become "Dog Go" so we're making progress there. So all those confined at home. You could be trapped with twins.
    They seriously need to start an Instagram for these kids. They'd make a lot of people smile these days. Made me smile!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Very much so. While the fancier restaurants have closed up completely, a couple of our favorite dives are doing takeout, and we definitely want to make some orders.
    Yes. So hard for them right now. I've so many friends who were restaurant managers, bar managers, servers etc. Not only that, most of them also married or live with other restauranteurs. So hard for so many. So many industries in the grinder right now.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I did.
      But I'm keeping it anyway. Send the other one to my HR department.

My call with my doctor lasted about 2 minutes and it was a free consultation.
      Our primary doc does a call every year to give us our test results after our annual physical. Last time he was 3 minutes late and was all full of apologies. We also have his personal cell #. We have been patients of his since he started his practice over 30 years ago so he feels comfortable with us.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
      Hope everyone is staying safe, healthy, employed and, well, sane. I'm used to sometimes not leaving my house for a week, especially in winter, but some people are hilariously failing at the working at home thing, especially when it pairs with the schooling at home thing. My kiddo has been in online public school for years, so no growing pains for us.
      Two things happened this week that I can't get off my mind. I heard a lady at the grocery store telling the check out guy how sick she was of having her kids at home and that she told them to go outside and not come back until lunch. Let me tell you, I almost bit my tongue in half. The other was a guy who called into a local talk show and said since he has been home with his kids, he found out his sixth grade daughter doesn't know her multiplication tables. The teacher in me went ballistic. I taught that grade and can not imagine any of the kids not knowing the basic math facts. Have we come to this?

They seriously need to start an Instagram for these kids. They'd make a lot of people smile these days. Made me smile!
      That would be very popular but they want to limit their appearance on social media. We're very careful to post very little on FB also. We have a super secret album on iPhoto for the fam and certain parent-approved friends.

Here's another tidbit. When last we babysat, we taught them to say "zoom" when they were playing with little cars, Yesterday we got a video of Thing 2 riding on his tiny little bike that his Pop Pop gave him. Thing 1 was pushing him around in circles and saying "zoom zoom" the whole time. They ran into a chair and Thing 2 goes "uh oh." It was a hoot. I can't stop watching it.

Yes. So hard for them right now. I've so many friends who were restaurant managers, bar managers, servers etc. Not only that, most of them also married or live with other restauranteurs. So hard for so many. So many industries in the grinder right now.
      Sunday is our anniversary and since we can't go out, we are ordering from a local place we love. From what I hear on the news, maybe help is on the way.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Zoom!

That's a classic... okay fine, I admit... I still say that.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          My dental appointments got cancelled already.
          We haven't gotten the call yet, but we're expecting it any time now as all non-essential dental procedures are currently halted as part of the statewide shutdown.

Sunday is our anniversary and since we can't go out, we are ordering from a local place we love. From what I hear on the news, maybe help is on the way.
          We just got breakfast from one of our favorite spots this morning. Next up we'll try getting burgers from the tavern (still got a couple of bottles of Guinness left over from St. Paddy's Day...we shall feast!).

Here's another tidbit. When last we babysat, we taught them to say "zoom" when they were playing with little cars, Yesterday we got a video of Thing 2 riding on his tiny little bike that his Pop Pop gave him. Thing 1 was pushing him around in circles and saying "zoom zoom" the whole time. They ran into a chair and Thing 2 goes "uh oh." It was a hoot. I can't stop watching it.
          OMG, those two!

Zoom!

That's a classic... okay fine, I admit... I still say that.
          Me too. Zoom is the best!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Me too. Zoom is the best!
            As a matter of fact, my previous license plate started with AZT which I remembered as Advanced Zoom Technologies.

My current one is TJS --> The Jedi Sanctuary.

(not a personalized one -- I just got lucky with my letters)

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

As a matter of fact, my previous license plate started with AZT which I remembered as Advanced Zoom Technologies.

Hah! That's clever! Wish my license plate was as cool.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Two things happened this week that I can't get off my mind. I heard a lady at the grocery store telling the check out guy how sick she was of having her kids at home and that she told them to go outside and not come back until lunch. Let me tell you, I almost bit my tongue in half. The other was a guy who called into a local talk show and said since he has been home with his kids, he found out his sixth grade daughter doesn't know her multiplication tables. The teacher in me went ballistic. I taught that grade and can not imagine any of the kids not knowing the basic math facts. Have we come to this?

That would be very popular but they want to limit their appearance on social media. We're very careful to post very little on FB also. We have a super secret album on iPhoto for the fam and certain parent-approved friends.

I know everyone has their own big feelings about what is going in in their own little bubble of life during the coronavirus, but it is interesting (frightening) to see new sides of people you thought you knew and the snippets of personality we get to witness in complete strangers. I find myself worrying about the littles (kiddos) and those who are in unhealthy, possibly unsafe, relationships who are under shelter in place orders.

Thank goodness we get twin tales to lighten the mood! Good call for the parents to protect them. Wish I could have seen that zoom video though! One day they'll be ready for the remote control cars and they can have a Sheppard/McKay style showdown.

And Happy Early Anniversary!

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

We just got breakfast from one of our favorite spots this morning. Next up we'll try getting burgers from the tavern (still got a couple of bottles of Guinness left over from St. Paddy's Day...we shall feast!).
                Yum, that sounds great! I need to decide where I'll order from. I'm missing pizza from one of my favorite tap rooms, but also street tacos. Decisions, decisions.

That's great. I've never lucked into anything I can remember. I might have to try your trick, find a good fitting name to match the letters.
                sigpic

Comment

That's great. I've never lucked into anything I can remember. I might have to try your trick, find a good fitting name to match the letters.
                  I can't remember what they are otherwise.

I have a memory problem, related to having Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD for short).

Comment

It's Friday and it's sunny! Almost 80 degrees. I think it's going to be a sand, stain and paint the deck kind of weekend.
                    sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Hmm, I thought I posted the daily greetings yesterday...guess I forgot. Ooops.

Thank goodness we get twin tales to lighten the mood! Good call for the parents to protect them. Wish I could have seen that zoom video though! One day they'll be ready for the remote control cars and they can have a Sheppard/McKay style showdown.
                      OMG. That would be EPIC.

Comment

Hmm, I thought I posted the daily greetings yesterday...guess I forgot. Ooops.
                        At least you still know what day it is...

We're changing the clocks today -- an hour forward we go, which means longer daylight.... so more sun... too bad, it's gonna rain next week.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

At least you still know what day it is...

We're changing the clocks today -- an hour forward we go, which means longer daylight.... so more sun... too bad, it's gonna rain next week.
                          Whoa, you're just going on Daylight Savings Time now? We did that at the beginning of the month over here...and I'm just now getting used to it...

Comment

Whoa, you're just going on Daylight Savings Time now? We did that at the beginning of the month over here...and I'm just now getting used to it...
                            Indeed... at the end of March we jump one hour forward which means one hour less staying at home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Indeed... at the end of March we jump one hour forward which means one hour less staying at home.
                              D'oh!

Comment

I started the epic battle "The Search for Toilet Paper" today.

I lost.

Comment

Working...
                                X