No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    They're predicting PM thunderstorms here so we may miss it entirely.
    Aw, that sucks! Hope there's a break in the clouds for you! *crosses fingers*
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

NASA will broadcast it live on their website -- I might watch it that way.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Good idea. I'm expecting wall to wall coverage on all the channels here.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
          They're handing out the special glasses before the eclipse.

In other news, I'm getting a job soon.
          Congrats!!!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          A friend of mine bulk ordered the glasses for $1 each so I got some for me and my friends. I start a new job on Monday so I'll be watching (hopefully photographing it) from the top floor of the parking garage.

I'll try and post a photo here if any of them turn out good.
          Congrats on the new job as well. Can't wait to see the pics.

I can't remember of it'll be moving through Ohio when I'm still at work or heading home.
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Good idea. I'm expecting wall to wall coverage on all the channels here.
            Yeah, I'll probably have the TV on in the background as well. In addition to the NASA website, NASA TV (for those of us in the US) will have it, and I think CSPAN will be carrying the NASA feed as well. The Science Channel is also going to have a block of coverage, and all the networks are going to be breaking in with their special reports. Pandemonium.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Yeah, I'll probably have the TV on in the background as well. In addition to the NASA website, NASA TV (for those of us in the US) will have it, and I think CSPAN will be carrying the NASA feed as well. The Science Channel is also going to have a block of coverage, and all the networks are going to be breaking in with their special reports. Pandemonium.
              Pandemonium indeed. We talked to a friend who works for NASA this morning. He's a genuine rocket scientist. LOL And he said they're all atwitter and planning a big viewing party. We always get more info than we're capable of understanding from him.
              sigpic

Comment

It is been insane here. Schools cancelled, hotels sold out. A town over, they told everyone to get all the food and medicine they needed and to not leave their home today because the traffic got so bad last night. We had tickets to a viewing festival with music and food trucks, but I've decided against sitting in hours of traffic for a few more seconds of totality. Picnic on the back porch it is. As excited as I am to experience this, I'm going to be a bit relieved when this is all over.
                sigpic
                Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Pandemonium indeed. We talked to a friend who works for NASA this morning. He's a genuine rocket scientist. LOL And he said they're all atwitter and planning a big viewing party. We always get more info than we're capable of understanding from him.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                  It is been insane here. Schools cancelled, hotels sold out. A town over, they told everyone to get all the food and medicine they needed and to not leave their home today because the traffic got so bad last night. We had tickets to a viewing festival with music and food trucks, but I've decided against sitting in hours of traffic for a few more seconds of totality. Picnic on the back porch it is. As excited as I am to experience this, I'm going to be a bit relieved when this is all over.
                  Yikes! Makes me glad we're out here away from that nonsense. Heck, even the ferries have posted an advisory to be safe when viewing the eclipse while onboard. And they say people go crazy over a full moon? This takes the cake.

Comment

Watching the live feed, and I've seen three totalities now!

Most exciting, the moment totality ends and you can spot the diamant. The corona is cool but the diamant is wicked.

Comment

It got pretty dark here, like maybe late afternoon just after sunset. The animals all got quiet and the crickets started chirping.
                      sigpic

Comment

I've seen 5 totalities, 4 from telescope feeds and 1 from the ground in the Great Smoky mountains.

I'm super-hyped at the moment. And I have yet to see the new Game of Thrones episode.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

The eclipse was really cool. And weird, seeing the light dim to almost dusk, yet the sun was still so high in the sky. The crescents in the tree shadows were also neat.

I'm super-hyped at the moment. And I have yet to see the new Game of Thrones episode.
                          OMG. You're in for some shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            OMG. You're in for some shocks.
                            Saw it coming from a mile away -- that one thing.

But the end shot with the eye was really cool.

Comment

It got pretty dark here, like maybe late afternoon just after sunset. The animals all got quiet and the crickets started chirping.
                              Same thing here, I was cracking me up until I got in the way of a deer bolting across my yard. I should have known, I normally see that deer every night...just before sunset.

Saw it coming from a mile away -- that one thing.

But the end shot with the eye was really cool.
                              That was a great frame.

Watching GOT has me channeling my inner Daenerys, all I need is a dragon of my own. A man called me baby this morning during a meeting. Hardly ever happens and had it had been from an otherwise decent human, I would have brushed it off. I live in the south, everyone is a dear, sugar, and honey; you get used to it. But baby from his mouth? *Shudders*. Smoke vented out my ears and out of my mouth..."Dracarys." He blinked in confusion while the woman next to me turned red trying not to laugh.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

I have a bunch of shoulder dragons (handmade by Trollart, a lady from Germany) on the dashboard of my car -- you may always borrow one.

There's a ... err... how many do I have... *counts names*... there we go, 14 dragons (and number 15 will join the club on the 24th of September when we're visiting Elf Fantasy Fair in Arcen, The Netherlands):

Florian = white
                                Tristan = brown
                                Pendragon = black
                                Eire = green
                                Albion = purple
                                Fiesta = magenta
                                Saphira = blue
                                C-3PO = golden yellow
                                Falkoer = grey
                                Temeraire = black with fluff
                                Blue = small and blue
                                Elsa = lightblue
                                Lucifer = mix of orange, yellow and red
                                Fluffy = fluffy and purple

And the dragon isn't named until I've seen it.

Comment

Working...
                                X