Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I don't follow Joe Mallozzi on Twitter, but some of his posts end up on my timeline. Each time I see one, I feel a spark of rage.
    Woops... that could probably be my fault cause I do follow him and sometimes like his posts.

Yes, we've had our differences and I haven't forgotten about his poor choices or how I once got a starring role in one of his blogposts, but then there his posts about his dogs and those weird a$$ food/beverage posts and that I can get along with.

So... flying home was an adventure...

Take 1 in the morning failed on the runway -- boarded and ready to go we faced a left engine failure.
    Technician was called but to no avail. The plane wasn't going anywhere until it was fixed.

So, everyone back off the plane. Luggage off the plane and off to a hotel in the middle of no and where (yes, way past where Jesus lost his sandals), set up by the tour operator with whose plane we were flying.

We were stuck in that hotel (in the middle of no and where) with our co-passengers, offered 2 meals and use of the swimming pool. We didn't bring our swimgear on this trip because we weren't on planning to go kayaking at sea this time. SO... we were stuck playing cards instead and eventually went for a walk around the very boring neighborhood -- there was a golf course but no one was hitting any balls.

Watched some TV -- but the BBC and ITV weren't showing anything interesting so we watched a Spanish game show. A copy of something that had been on our local channels as well so we tried guessing the phrases as well -- we failed obviously.
    Watched Stargate in Spanish -- they dub everything sadly -- except for the Ancient Egyptian. That was subtitled but newsflash, my Ancient Egyptian is a tad rusty.

Eventually, we were picked up again, around 8pm, by a taxi and brought back to the airport where we had to wait until 11:15pm or thereabouts for take 2 of boarding back on the plane, still sitting in the exact same spot by the runway where we had left it in the morning.

Take 2 of flying home was a bit more succesful than take 1 but it also meant we weren't home until about 3:30am this Sunday morning. Which also meant that our cats had been alone a day longer than foreseen (thankfully our neighbors have a key and came to feed them) and we were supposed to FACTS convention today.

We made it to FACTS at 4:30pm (when it closes at 5). We weren't able to get tickets at the entrance but then they let us in for free because it was the last 30 minutes anyway. However, missed out on an autograph from Marina Sirtis cause apparently she decided to leave at 4:15pm, much like all the other guests, except for Chris Judge, because the hall they were in seemed empty enough to warrant them leaving.

Since Chris Judge was the only one to adhere to his contract of signing all day until closing time, my sister got his autograph (already have him twice -- one by me, and one on a script I got from someone) and I got a handshake (two actually).

I made a complaint about it on Twitter though and the organizers responded that actors are obliged by contract to stay until closing time unless no people are around (seemingly) to warrant to stay until the end. However, that surprised me a bit since Marina had a photoshoot until 4:15pm and I know that many people have those images signed afterwards so I'm surprised she wouldn't have come back to do just that.

I'm obviously disappointed.

On the upside it was the cheapest FACTS to date. I paid 10 euros for the parking space and that was it.
    No autographs, no entrance fee (that was nice of them though), and no merch (TeeTurtle's stock was stuck in customs).
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

OK, but apart from the trip home, did you and Pat and Josephine enjoy your holiday?
      http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
        OK, but apart from the trip home, did you and Pat and Josephine enjoy your holiday?
        Oh yes, we did... which reminds me that I still have some images to post on my instagram.

Pat and Josephine visited some very interesting Phoenician and Roman sites.

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies! Hope you've all been having a wickedly Smutty Tuesday!

Anyway, my mom's surgery went fantastically well, she's already back to her usual routine and quite happy that's all over with, thankyouverymuch.

Falcon Horus, that is nuts about the delayed flight! Sorry you had to deal with that and you missed out on Marina at FACTS.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies! Hope you've all been having a great time telling Angst to go shove itself on this Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Another busy busy day on the mainland! Yes, that's right, we went back over today after getting back from there yesterday. To be fair, this appointment was scheduled well before the surgery, and trying to do both in one trip would've been logistically difficult and even more exhausting given the locations. But now we're back and not going anywhere for a couple of weeks. Whew!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Comment

Almost weekend... the temps are looking good and my grass is going wild so I'm attacking it on Saturday with the lawnmower.

But first I have to get through friday shenanigans with the colleagues -- we have become an insanely hilarious bunch lately.
                I sincerely hope they haven't forgotten we planned a McDonalds lunch tomorrow.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Almost weekend... the temps are looking good and my grass is going wild so I'm attacking it on Saturday with the lawnmower.
                  Oooh yeah, if the grass is out of control then spring is definitely here!

But first I have to get through friday shenanigans with the colleagues -- we have become an insanely hilarious bunch lately.
                  I sincerely hope they haven't forgotten we planned a McDonalds lunch tomorrow.
                  Chicken McNuggets for all!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Comment

It was too hot today for lawnmowing. That has been postponed to tomorrow, Sunday.

Also, no McDonalds on Friday. Went to a Burger King instead. I'm not a fan of BK at all (McDo is my fave) but I can tolerate it for once.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

It was too hot today for lawnmowing. That has been postponed to tomorrow, Sunday.
                        Here's hoping the weather is cooler for you today! And hey, it's a great excuse to have some lemonade!

Also, no McDonalds on Friday. Went to a Burger King instead. I'm not a fan of BK at all (McDo is my fave) but I can tolerate it for once.
                        Bummer. I agree, BK isn't that great. Hopefully you get to MickeyD's soon!

Comment

Hello all! Sorry I have not been online much lately.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Good evening, Sparkies! Hope you've all been having a wickedly Smutty Tuesday!

Anyway, my mom's surgery went fantastically well, she's already back to her usual routine and quite happy that's all over with, thankyouverymuch.

Falcon Horus, that is nuts about the delayed flight! Sorry you had to deal with that and you missed out on Marina at FACTS.
                          I'm SO GLAD your mom's surgery went well!!! I was sending good vibes from the other coast.

FH - So sorry you had such a trip, but I loved your pictures!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Hello all! Sorry I have not been online much lately.
                            No worries, sometimes life just gets busy, we've all been there.

I'm SO GLAD your mom's surgery went well!!! I was sending good vibes from the other coast.
                            Thanks! I'm sure the good vibes helped! *hugs*

Comment

Working...
                            X