Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Did you get to hug any characters?
    Unfortunately no... but my sister did get a picture of Donald Duck on his own, being all funky.

So many years later, and that man can still make my blood boil.
    Ah... but this might "cheer you up"... he also mentioned that when Rachel mentioned she was pregnant before they started filming season 4, they briefly considered Sheppard as the father. However, they decided that it would reflect poorly on both characters so they didn't go with that.

Rachel did thwart their plans to have McKay become a father, so I'm eternally grateful for Rachel's timing there cause I couldn't have stomached even more focus on McKay.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I survived Hyperspace Mountain... and never doing that again.

Also, Thundermountain.... sorta forgot it has a pitchblack part in it, but it was so much more fun that the space mountain 2.0. I'm sorry but rollercoasters that happen in the dark are just no fun, especially when you loose all sense of up and down during the ride.

But we did it, and in my sister's words: "We're off the wussies list."

But only barely, I might add.
      Good for you!! I used to love rollercoasters (before my back got bad and now I would never attempt it). I agree with you about the dark thing. I never liked rollercoasters that went into the dark.

Did you get to hug any characters?
      Ugh, I never liked rollercoasters that were in the dark either. I always tried to like Space Mountain because, you know, SPACE! but I hated how it always crushed me into a corner of the seat (if you've ever seen the track layout, it's basically one big corkscrew. G forces are annoying.). Now, outdoor rollercoasters at night can be fun (Matterhorn and Big Thunder, I'm looking at you two awesome punks), but indoor? Nope.

Something I just saw on Tumblr:

Someone asked Joe Mallozzi if they knew about Sparky's popularity and did they make script choices because of it. And Mallozzi says "Alas, the writers weren't aware that this was a popular fan pairing at the time."

He's such a *bleeping* liar!!! Gero came on GW to say a hug is just a hug. They knew. And you're telling me that the kiss in The Long Goodbye wasn't on purpose. Puh-leeeeze!!

Saw that. Had flashbacks of the bad kind. Grrrr...

Ah... but this might "cheer you up"... he also mentioned that when Rachel mentioned she was pregnant before they started filming season 4, they briefly considered Sheppard as the father. However, they decided that it would reflect poorly on both characters so they didn't go with that.
      At least they had enough sense to see that much.

Rachel did thwart their plans to have McKay become a father, so I'm eternally grateful for Rachel's timing there cause I couldn't have stomached even more focus on McKay.
      I swear, Rachel's a big damn hero for that.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I survived Hyperspace Mountain... and never doing that again.

Also, Thundermountain.... sorta forgot it has a pitchblack part in it, but it was so much more fun that the space mountain 2.0. I'm sorry but rollercoasters that happen in the dark are just no fun, especially when you loose all sense of up and down during the ride.

But we did it, and in my sister's words: "We're off the wussies list."

But only barely, I might add.
        When I was young, I loved rollercoasters and rides of all kinds but somehow, with age I got more timid. Though I did still love Space Mountain the last time I went on it. We went to Universal the last time we were in Orlando and I discovered that the virtual rides are all the fun without the scare. Somehow my mind just knows I'm not in danger. Loved the Harry Potter ride.

Something I just saw on Tumblr:

Someone asked Joe Mallozzi if they knew about Sparky's popularity and did they make script choices because of it. And Mallozzi says "Alas, the writers weren't aware that this was a popular fan pairing at the time."

He's such a *bleeping* liar!!! Gero came on GW to say a hug is just a hug. They knew. And you're telling me that the kiss in The Long Goodbye wasn't on purpose. Puh-leeeeze!!

I think his memory slips a bit or he never paid attention to fandom.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Ugh, I never liked rollercoasters that were in the dark either. I always tried to like Space Mountain because, you know, SPACE! but I hated how it always crushed me into a corner of the seat (if you've ever seen the track layout, it's basically one big corkscrew. G forces are annoying.). Now, outdoor rollercoasters at night can be fun (Matterhorn and Big Thunder, I'm looking at you two awesome punks), but indoor? Nope.
          There's a theme park in The Netherlands, The Efteling, and they have a rollercoaster called the Vogel Rock (literal translation = Bird Rock) and its entire run is through pitch black tunnels. It doesn't do a looping or a corkscrew, it's just up and down real fast through the darkest of dark, with the occasional laser lights piercing through it.

I did it once and I came out uncertain of where up or down was. I wasn't necessarily motion sick, but coming out of that one was not a good feeling in the head. That one literally trumps the Hyperspace Mountain as far disorientation goes.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Probably the latter, except when it suited him.

When I was young, I loved rollercoasters and rides of all kinds but somehow, with age I got more timid. Though I did still love Space Mountain the last time I went on it. We went to Universal the last time we were in Orlando and I discovered that the virtual rides are all the fun without the scare. Somehow my mind just knows I'm not in danger. Loved the Harry Potter ride.
            Methinks Disney's Millennium Falcon ride will be right up our alley.

There's a theme park in The Netherlands, The Efteling, and they have a rollercoaster called the Vogel Rock (literal translation = Bird Rock) and its entire run is through pitch black tunnels. It doesn't do a looping or a corkscrew, it's just up and down real fast through the darkest of dark, with the occasional laser lights piercing through it.

I did it once and I came out uncertain of where up or down was. I wasn't necessarily motion sick, but coming out of that one was not a good feeling in the head. That one literally trumps the Hyperspace Mountain as far disorientation goes.

Never ever ever going on that one!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Unfortunately no... but my sister did get a picture of Donald Duck on his own, being all funky.
              That's cool!!

Thank you, Rachel! Your timing was perfect. That they even considered making John the father shows how insane they were.

I swear, Rachel's a big damn hero for that.

I think he tends to say whatever is most convenient to him at the time.

Ewww. No thanks to that.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Comment

I'm back! I only took my ipad on my trip. I tried to post once and remembered why I hate using my ipad for GW.

Caught up on all the posts I missed and here was my emotional experience- I wanted to eat lots of chocolate (preferably Belgian) go to a Disney Park and ride rides, and then (after remembering Mallozzi's tweets you were discussing) throw up. Now I need a hug from a Disney Park character.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                    I'm back! I only took my ipad on my trip. I tried to post once and remembered why I hate using my ipad for GW.

Caught up on all the posts I missed and here was my emotional experience- I wanted to eat lots of chocolate (preferably Belgian) go to a Disney Park and ride rides, and then (after remembering Mallozzi's tweets you were discussing) throw up. Now I need a hug from a Disney Park character.

Loved your pictures!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post

Welcome back! Glad you had fun, your pictures were glorious and they made me want to visit Scotland even more!

I hear you on trying to get on GW with an iPad, it's one of the reasons I finally broke down and got a wireless keyboard to use with it. At least it made typing more tolerable.

Ugh, I think we all need hugs from Disney Park characters after those tweets. And lots of chocolate.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Welcome back! Glad you had fun, your pictures were glorious and they made me want to visit Scotland even more!

I hear you on trying to get on GW with an iPad, it's one of the reasons I finally broke down and got a wireless keyboard to use with it. At least it made typing more tolerable.

Ugh, I think we all need hugs from Disney Park characters after those tweets. And lots of chocolate.
                        I want a hug from a minion.

And chocolate.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

I want a hug from a minion.

And chocolate.
                          Heheheh...go check out Tumblr.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

Heheheh...go check out Tumblr.
                            You are awesome!!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

You are awesome!!!
                              And so are you! *hugs you*

Here's this week's College Football Roundup: It was a nearly perfect week as Virginia Tech beat Rhode Island 34-17, Tennessee beat Mississippi State 20-10, USC lost to Notre Dame 30-27 (noooo ), Air Force beat Fresno State 43-24, and Navy beat Tulsa 45-17.

Comment

My Falcons won again!

I should try to watch a game ... probably will have to download it, or maybe I can watch online somewhere.

Edit
                                Watched the highlights on YouTube. I don't get this crazy game.
                                Last edited by Falcon Horus; 13 October 2019, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X