Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Preach it sister. And do they even understand what martial law will mean? And don't get me started on those idiots at the beach partying like it's 1999.
    OMG, those idiot children!! So extremely self-centered and just..... stupid.

The other thing that has me steamed right now is the senators who sold off stock cause they knew the virus would get bad, all the while telling the public that the economy was fine. Even if it doesn't fit the legal level of insider trading, they should lose their Senate seats. (If they turn out to have good explanations, I will sincerely take it back.)

Comment

They don't have a good explanation.

They had insider trading information. That's against the law.

Vote them out, is what I say.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

The other thing that has me steamed right now is the senators who sold off stock cause they knew the virus would get bad, all the while telling the public that the economy was fine. Even if it doesn't fit the legal level of insider trading, they should lose their Senate seats. (If they turn out to have good explanations, I will sincerely take it back.)
        Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Bingo and don't wait to vote them out. They must resign now and be prosecuted.

I just got back from Safeway and it's getting real out there. I should have taken pics but I was in shock. Nearly empty shelves, no eggs, very little meat and on and on. Lots of people wearing gloves. I used my little bottle of Purell quite a bit. We're pretty stocked up on food but needed fresh stuff. I noticed they had lots of broccoli but not much else in produce. LOL Luckily I love broccoli.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Excellent idea on the caregivers. Add truckers to your list also. They are working overtime to keep supplies rolling. Someone here suggested people put their Christmas lights back up. I don't know yet if that's caught on.
          I've heard of the Christmas lights thing too, though I haven't seen anyone out here doing it yet.

Preach it sister. And do they even understand what martial law will mean? And don't get me started on those idiots at the beach partying like it's 1999.
          Oh geeze, those stupid kids. *headdesk*

I just got back from Safeway and it's getting real out there. I should have taken pics but I was in shock. Nearly empty shelves, no eggs, very little meat and on and on. Lots of people wearing gloves. I used my little bottle of Purell quite a bit. We're pretty stocked up on food but needed fresh stuff. I noticed they had lots of broccoli but not much else in produce. LOL Luckily I love broccoli.
          Hmm, may have to change that to Freaky Friday... Now I'm wondering what our market will look like on Saturday when we go out for groceries...
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

That's great that you're getting your daughter into Atlantis and Farscape! My mom got me into Farscape back in the day. She didn't like Aeryn. Crazy lady.
            Oh I used to get mad at Aeryn, because, OMG, how she kept hurting my Crichton- but I always loved her. In my mind, she was kind of like the Hermione of Farscape.

Day 3 of our lockdown, and day 5 of teleworking...

...I'm starting to miss my colleagues... so we decided on a video conference each morning to chat and discuss the day.

And of course, we also keep up on whatsapp, but it's so weird and ddifferent.
            We've done a virtual coffee break in the morning and discussions are on for a virtual happy hour

How did they think no one would notice?

No TP in my stores, or much in the way of fresh meat or veggies, but plenty of can and frozen items. I was pretty well stocked up but wanted more of my favorite coffee and creamer (successful purchase) and tortillas (none to be found). Anyone got an easy tortilla recipe, lol.
            sigpic
            Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post

No TP in my stores, or much in the way of fresh meat or veggies, but plenty of can and frozen items. I was pretty well stocked up but wanted more of my favorite coffee and creamer (successful purchase) and tortillas (none to be found). Anyone got an easy tortilla recipe, lol.
              My store was cleaned out on frozen and canned stuff also but the bakery was fully stocked. I bought ice cream because I'd hate to die without ever having it again, and at this point weight gain is not a concern. Now I see that a bunch of states near us have closed hair salons, barber shops and nail salons. Now they've gone too far. Luckily we're not going out in public so everyone won't get to see everyone else's natural color.

It's important now too to support small businesses. We have a local Italian restaurant that we love that is privately owned, so we'll be ordering from them. They have started delivery since they can't open their dining room.
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I agree. That was me just trying to give the benefit of the doubt.

Damn!! I hope that things will stablize soon. Cause this is nutso!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Hmm, may have to change that to Freaky Friday... Now I'm wondering what our market will look like on Saturday when we go out for groceries...
                Good luck!!

Oh I used to get mad at Aeryn, because, OMG, how she kept hurting my Crichton- but I always loved her. In my mind, she was kind of like the Hermione of Farscape.
                My mom wanted him with the blonde woman from season 1. What was her name.... Gelina or something? Aeryn was too tough for her.

How did they think no one would notice?
                They all think they're above the law. Fools.

I'm surprise by that. You'd think it would be the canned and frozen veggies that would be wiped out and not fresh stuff.

My store was cleaned out on frozen and canned stuff also but the bakery was fully stocked. I bought ice cream because I'd hate to die without ever having it again, and at this point weight gain is not a concern. Now I see that a bunch of states near us have closed hair salons, barber shops and nail salons. Now they've gone too far. Luckily we're not going out in public so everyone won't get to see everyone else's natural color.

It's important now too to support small businesses. We have a local Italian restaurant that we love that is privately owned, so we'll be ordering from them. They have started delivery since they can't open their dining room.
                I just ordered some fish and chips from a local pizza place. Good food, and supporting a local business while I'm at it.

LOL about the hair salons. My sister-in-law is going to have quite the interesting hair if she has to go without her routine dye job. She's naturally completely gray, but dyes it light brown.
                Last edited by JT-2; 20 March 2020, 11:46 AM.

Comment

LOL about the hair salons. My sister-in-law is going to have quite the interesting hair if she has to go without her routine dye job. She's naturally completely gray, but dyes it light brown.
                  Tell me about it. I noticed a while back that my hair was coming out more of a strawberry blonde than red and asked my hairdresser about it. She said something about white hair not holding color as well. WTH!! White hair? What is this of which you speak? So yeah. Mr. SR said I might decide I like it. Does anyone know a good divorce lawyer?
                  sigpic

Comment

Tell me about it. I noticed a while back that my hair was coming out more of a strawberry blonde than red and asked my hairdresser about it. She said something about white hair not holding color as well. WTH!! White hair? What is this of which you speak? So yeah. Mr. SR said I might decide I like it. Does anyone know a good divorce lawyer?

Hey, it's not white it's silver. Silver is better than white.

I've already let my dark blond highlights grow out so I have like 4 inches of brown hair then the rest is brown with dark blond highlights. Thankfully it doesn't look jarring. It is way too long though, and needs a cut. I should probably try to go next week before they close salons down.

Comment

I've already let my dark blond highlights grow out so I have like 4 inches of brown hair then the rest is brown with dark blond highlights. Thankfully it doesn't look jarring. It is way too long though, and needs a cut. I should probably try to go next week before they close salons down.
                      I have an appointment on the 31st, so fingers crossed.

We did facetime with the twins last night. Mom and Dad are that close (fingers a millimeter apart) to cracking. They were playing with a box that wasn't quite big enough for both of them to crawl inside but they kept trying it anyway. The one left out always cried and tried to pull the other one out. Then they decided to use the box to crawl up on the coffee table and back down. Over and over and over. Finally Thing 2 tried to stand on a ball and climb over the baby gate. That did not end well. We're waiting for those little brain cells to figure out they can use the box in place of the ball. It's fascinating watching the wheels turn.

Dad said they can't get enough to eat and the dog's bed had to be moved outside the twin confinement area for her own protection.

"Dough Dog" has now become "Dog Go" so we're making progress there. So all those confined at home. You could be trapped with twins.
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh... I feel for SR Jr.

"The Great Escape" sure to have a prequel...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Very much so. While the fancier restaurants have closed up completely, a couple of our favorite dives are doing takeout, and we definitely want to make some orders.

Good luck!!
                          Thanks, gonna need it. Getting ready to go now.

I dunno, white could be good, like a platinum blonde. Think Charlize Theron in Atomic Blonde. Badass.

And OMG the twins! Poor SR Jr.
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I have an appointment on the 31st, so fingers crossed.

We did facetime with the twins last night. Mom and Dad are that close (fingers a millimeter apart) to cracking. They were playing with a box that wasn't quite big enough for both of them to crawl inside but they kept trying it anyway. The one left out always cried and tried to pull the other one out. Then they decided to use the box to crawl up on the coffee table and back down. Over and over and over. Finally Thing 2 tried to stand on a ball and climb over the baby gate. That did not end well. We're waiting for those little brain cells to figure out they can use the box in place of the ball. It's fascinating watching the wheels turn.

Dad said they can't get enough to eat and the dog's bed had to be moved outside the twin confinement area for her own protection.

"Dough Dog" has now become "Dog Go" so we're making progress there. So all those confined at home. You could be trapped with twins.

Oh dear. I hope SR Jr. and Mrs. SR Jr. have plenty of wine at hand.

Comment

Oh dear. I hope SR Jr. and Mrs. SR Jr. have plenty of wine at hand.
                              They do. In fact they were lucky enough to get a delivery from Total Wine before they shut that down. They also have a park nearby that's a lifesaver. The boys love going down the slide head first. Fearless.
                              sigpic

Comment

Head... first...

With arms stretched out in front, right? Right?!? RIGHT?!?

Comment

Working...
                                X