Page 7635 of 7636 FirstFirst ... 6635713575357585762576327633763476357636 LastLast
Results 152,681 to 152,700 of 152712

Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    And you wouldn't believe us when we said you would.

Congrats!
    Thanks! I am still flying high about passing.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Red View Post
    Congrats. Knew you could do it. Now go be the best Certified Professional Coder ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    YEEHAWWWWW!!!! Congratulations, I knew you'd make it! Bring on those pink fruity drinks!
    Thanks!! I'll be having those pink fruity drinks, for sure!

IKR, and it takes almost 6 hours to drive from the northern tip to the southern tip of Virginia. And don't even get me started on Texas. LOL
    Of course in my home state of Rhode Island, we can get from one end of the state to another in an hour. We're the smallest state. So if we have to travel outside the state, it's like a day trip for us.

Lieutenant General Southern Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JT-2 View Post

Of course in my home state of Rhode Island, we can get from one end of the state to another in an hour. We're the smallest state. So if we have to travel outside the state, it's like a day trip for us.
    I knew we would hear from you on this subject. But size is not important.

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

IKR, and it takes almost 6 hours to drive from the northern tip to the southern tip of Virginia. And don't even get me started on Texas. LOL
    LOL, yep, the state of doing everything big.

Heh, very much like us taking the ferry to the mainland.

Indeed.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Housewarming at my cousin's place, watching the big cycling competition Paris-Roubaix. It was intense.

And then I continued reading chapters in my 9 books.

Then cobbled together the proper font on my mother's tombstone design, and photoshopped an absent colleague into a picture for an album they want to give to three of our colleagues which are due to retire in the coming weeks.

So... yeah, sorta lazy it was.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

First Lieutenant Zandra's Ashes's Avatar

You can probably do a much better job than I could. I'm rusty on the rules, which they keep changing.

FH, Mr. SR and I just booked a Rhine river cruise for next September that includes Brussels and Bruges. I have always wanted to visit Bruges so this is a dream come true. We are also spending a few days in Paris. So excited.
    I'm excited for you-I loved both cities! I did a fantastic food tour in Paris. We went to Eric Kayser, Laurent Dubois, Charcuterire Saint Germain and Patrick Rogers chocolates. I kept returning to them all as I built picnic lunches for the week. Bruges was so charming and a nice break for my eyes, as it's a quaint contrast to all the creamy limestone buildings in Paris. Very sad to see the fire at Notre Dame today.

You're welcome.

Even we need this sometimes to remind ourselves where they are heading, or not heading.
    It's annoying not knowing cause we want to go back to Scotland (still planning on writing that travel report from last summer) over the summer, and ordering things from the UK. Should I or not, cause with a Brexit, import costs will be back.
    I think I've narrowed down my itinerary. I'm focusing my travel on Edinburgh and the Highlands, probably spending a few days alone in the Isle of Skye.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Yay, ocean!

Yeah, the getting it from plan to paper is hard. My brain keeps ping-ponging between fragments of scenes and then I have to go back and stitch them together.
    Glad I'm not the only one. I feel like I'm doing a jigsaw puzzle in my mind when I write. I know it will all fall into place after I arm wrestle it long enough.

I PASSED MY TEST!! You needed a 70 to pass, and I got exactly a 70. Phew. I was 1 question away from failing. But... I PASSED!!!!!! I am a Certified Professional Coder (CPC).

There will definitely be some of this, this weekend:

Attachment 42880

*spins in circles*

Woo Hooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
    CONGRATS!!!! I'm so happy for you! Nice job!
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

@Southern Red

I know you'll be visiting Paris in September so I should let you know, and you'll probably have seen it on the news already, but the beautiful Notre Dame Cathedral is being damaged on a colossal scale by fire. News just came through that the main structure has been saved and preserved, the two iconic towers are safe from the fire, the vaulted ceilings have not collapsed, but the roof and three glass stained windows are gone, and so is the tower at the back of the cathedral.

It's a devastating view... and I shed a tear at the sight of it.

icon & signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

@Southern Red

I know you'll be visiting Paris in September so I should let you know, and you'll probably have seen it on the news already, but the beautiful Notre Dame Cathedral is being damaged on a colossal scale by fire. News just came through that the main structure has been saved and preserved, the two iconic towers are safe from the fire, the vaulted ceilings have not collapsed, but the roof and three glass stained windows are gone, and so is the tower at the back of the cathedral.

Quote Originally Posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    I'm excited for you-I loved both cities! I did a fantastic food tour in Paris. We went to Eric Kayser, Laurent Dubois, Charcuterire Saint Germain and Patrick Rogers chocolates. I kept returning to them all as I built picnic lunches for the week. Bruges was so charming and a nice break for my eyes, as it's a quaint contrast to all the creamy limestone buildings in Paris. Very sad to see the fire at Notre Dame today.
    I'll make a note of those places for chocolate.

The Notre Dame fire was covered in detail on the news here. So sad. I'm sorry to miss touring it.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

@Southern Red

We watched the coverage of the Notre Dame fire as well. It was just so awful to see.

We're a small state with a big attitude.

Yeah, that fire is just awful. Did they figure out how it started?

CONGRATS!!!! I'm so happy for you! Nice job!
    Thank you!!! You must be so excited about your trip.

Most likely a result of the renovation work that was going on around the spire, which came down.

Investigation has already ruled out arson.

Also, some good news... the three rose windows, dating from the 13th century, did not perish. They, in fact, survived the inferno. Other glass windows from more recent periods were not as lucky. The altar inside is also undamaged, as is the cross in the back, and the, I believe 16th century, organ. There's water damage, but no fire or smoke damage.

A part of the vaulted ceiling did come down where the spire on top fell down on it. "The Forest", as the roof was called, is gone though. 12th and 13th century wood lost forever.

I'll make a note of those places for chocolate.
    I had to go back to my notes for the name, but there was one other place we went on the food tour that I kept going back to- Un Dimanche A Paris pastry shop. The Tarte Citron and salted caramel eclair were fabulous. This has given me such food nostalgia- sorry to bombard you with recs.

We're a small state with a big attitude.

Thank you!!! You must be so excited about your trip.
    I am. And it was a phenomenal deal on the flight- $515. It usually costs me more to fly to Seattle.

Most likely a result of the renovation work that was going on around the spire, which came down.

Investigation has already ruled out arson.

Also, some good news... the three rose windows, dating from the 13th century, did not perish. They, in fact, survived the inferno. Other glass windows from more recent periods were not as lucky. The altar inside is also undamaged, as is the cross in the back, and the, I believe 16th century, organ. There's water damage, but no fire or smoke damage.

A part of the vaulted ceiling did come down where the spire on top fell down on it. "The Forest", as the roof was called, is gone though. 12th and 13th century wood lost forever.
    The pictures are sobering, but what an amazing job the fire brigade did.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

The pictures are sobering, but what an amazing job the fire brigade did.
    Indeed, both in saving as much of the structure as they could, but also evacuating as many of the artifacts and relics inside as they could before the roof collapsed.

I had to go back to my notes for the name, but there was one other place we went on the food tour that I kept going back to- Un Dimanche A Paris pastry shop. The Tarte Citron and salted caramel eclair were fabulous. This has given me such food nostalgia- sorry to bombard you with recs.
    No worries, I'll take all the recs I can get. I hope I have time to check them out, but at least I can try for the closest ones to our hotel.

Drone images from the top show the damage... you can literally see inside so yeah... that vaulted ceiling will need repairing. They'll have to cover it up too, otherwise more water damage when it rains.

There's a lot of controversy out about donating to rebuild an "old building" but I'm donating. It's a freakin' symbol of 12th/13th century architecture. Of magnificense and wonder. It's a freakin' cathedral, the kind they don't built anymore these days.

Also, for anyone wondering cause there seems to be quite the misconception about it. The Notre Dame is the property of France, not of the Roman Catholic Church institute.

Drone images from the top show the damage... you can literally see inside so yeah... that vaulted ceiling will need repairing. They'll have to cover it up too, otherwise more water damage when it rains.

There's a lot of controversy out about donating to rebuild an "old building" but I'm donating. It's a freakin' symbol of 12th/13th century architecture. Of magnificense and wonder. It's a freakin' cathedral, the kind they don't built anymore these days.

Also, for anyone wondering cause there seems to be quite the misconception about it. The Notre Dame is the property of France, not of the Roman Catholic Church institute.
    I read somewhere that apparently the development team for the Assassin's Creed games had made very detailed 3D imaging of Notre Dame to accurately recreate the location for one of their recent games, imaging so good that it's possible those files could be used to help with the reconstruction. Pretty cool if true.

I read somewhere that apparently the development team for the Assassin's Creed games had made very detailed 3D imaging of Notre Dame to accurately recreate the location for one of their recent games, imaging so good that it's possible those files could be used to help with the reconstruction. Pretty cool if true.
    Whoa. That's great. Kind of crazy to say Assassin's Creed and Notre Dame in the same sentence and it make sense.

That is correct.

Ubisoft also donated 500K to the restoration fund, and people were able to download the older game for free to play on PC.

I hope they do "restore" rather than "renovate." I can picture it now all painted white inside with vinyl tile flooring that looks like wood and maybe a barn door or two. Please don't modernize everything on earth. Thanx.

Page 7635 of 7636 FirstFirst ... 6635713575357585762576327633763476357636 LastLast