Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Mr. SR and I talked about this when we rewatched Home a few weeks ago. He said since John was imagining it all, she's in the outfit he put her in. I'm sure the bruises will heal soon.
    Then John has bad taste. I'd still love to know how a warrior like Teyla could so easily adjust to wearing fancy high heels.

But yeah, they seemed to be pushing Sheyla all of S1 but it just landed flat. Now we are up to Epiphany and it's all Sparkly (typo but I'm leaving it. lol) all the time. Mr. SR frequently pauses the episode and makes comments about the terrible writing and the plot holes. LOL
    I do that with my latest obsession - Once Upon a Time. I'll be yelling at the TV "THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!!" But I still love it.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    Weird how often that seems to happen, huh? "Conversation" with Insect John is another rather similar one that comes to mind.
    Yeah, that one turned out to be so Sparky it was insane.

Originally posted by hopesetfree View Post
    I know I am a lurker on this board that rarely emerges (mostly because I don't have anything of value to add), but I just want to say that this thread and all of you wonderful people make me so happy with your posts! Sparky is still alive and well, and I love that others still hold this ship as dear to their hearts as I do.
    Welcome!!

Originally posted by itsaparadox View Post
    There's a one shot called A World That Never Was.
    Thank you!!!

Originally posted by hopesetfree View Post
    I recently caught The Storm/The Eye again at a friend's house, and while I did not externally show my flailing, inside I was flailing so much. When the show first aired, The Eye was the first SGA episode I'd seen (and only the last few minutes, at that), and the whole exchange at the end where John saves Elizabeth from Kolya and asks her if she's all right.. man. I squealed internally, and I had no idea who these people were or what was going on, but I knew I wanted to know more. That brief flash of chemistry right there is what convinced me to watch SGA in the first place (I had been a huge fan of SG1, but hadn't had much interest in Atlantis until that moment).

After I started watching the show from the beginning, I could see the writers were trying to push John/Teyla... but to me, Sparky was where all the chemistry was at. I usually have a multishipper's heart, and I've written one or two gift fics for people that were John/Teyla back in my LiveJournal days, but in my heart, John/Elizabeth was always what captivated me and ever since it has never let me go (though, for quite a while, I did have an oddball interest for Teyla/Carson, but I think I was probably quite alone in that ship, haha).
    I'm going to watch The Storm and The Eye tonight. If anyone on the East Coast USA hears flailing, it's coming from me.

I also liked Teyla/Carson, but then I'm a multi-shipper too. I multi-ship for everyone but John. He belongs exclusively to Elizabeth.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      I do that with my latest obsession - Once Upon a Time. I'll be yelling at the TV "THAT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE!!!" But I still love it.
      Oh I know how that feels. But I have a hard time enjoying shows like that too much, even they apparently have enough appeal that I do keep going back to watch them more than I probably should sometimes. Like the CW Superhero shows, I've watched almost all of the by now, but sometimes some of them get so bad that sometimes my brother has to try to calm me down.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Russian roulette with my remote led me to the 1980ish flick Loverboy and I'm stupidly happy after seeing Robert Picado with a full head of hair and Miami Vice kind of wardrobe trying to beat up a pizza delivery guy with a plant. In his defense, it was a really big plant, lol. Carrie Fisher cuteness in that movie, too.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Ah, at last... my vacation has started. One whole week, looking out at that mass grave called the Mediterranean Sea -- actually this part of that sea is called the Ballearic Sea but nevertheless part of the great Mediterranean one. I'm currently residing on Spanish soil -- sort of -- I'm on the island of Mallorca.

What doesn't make sense?
          note: I haven't caught up with the end of season 6 (one episode behind).
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

That you are. Distilleries and breweries are the latest thing here too. There's a brewery set to open near SR Jr that he can't wait for.
            Originally posted by mandogater View Post
            That reminds me, I need to ask my sister when the new brewery that's about 7 blocks from my work is going to open.
            Sweet! *raises a glass to you all*

Then John has bad taste. I'd still love to know how a warrior like Teyla could so easily adjust to wearing fancy high heels.
            I know, right? How could she not be tripping all over those things? #costumingfail

I'm going to watch The Storm and The Eye tonight. If anyone on the East Coast USA hears flailing, it's coming from me.
            *cackles* I'll keep an eye on the seismic meters out here...

I also liked Teyla/Carson, but then I'm a multi-shipper too. I multi-ship for everyone but John. He belongs exclusively to Elizabeth.
            Right on! *high-fives*
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Ah, at last... my vacation has started. One whole week, looking out at that mass grave called the Mediterranean Sea -- actually this part of that sea is called the Ballearic Sea but nevertheless part of the great Mediterranean one. I'm currently residing on Spanish soil -- sort of -- I'm on the island of Mallorca.
              That sounds amazing and beautiful! I hope you have a wonderful time!

What doesn't make sense?
              One does not simply explain the plot of Once Upon a Time, haha.

It's definitely one of my favorite shows, but I have to play a game of Twister when I try to explain it to someone. Don't get me wrong, I love it when a show is complicated and very interwoven with it's own canon in seasons past (even if they do sometimes make mistakes), but I tried to explain OUaT to my mom one day, and after five minutes, gave up. That being said, it is amazing and if you've never watched it, go marathon it from the beginning! (Elizabeth as Snow White and John as Prince Charming, anyone? In their OUaT incarnations, of course)

On another note, has anyone here seen Timeless? I can't help but imagine an AU Colonel John Sheppard and Doctor Elizabeth Weir having crazy time travel adventures to save the world. (I'm a bit of an AU fiend, sorry)

Indeed he does!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Have a great time on your vacation, Falcon Horus! It sounds amazing!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Whoa. I've only seen photos, but it looks stunning there. Enjoy!
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                      Oh I know how that feels. But I have a hard time enjoying shows like that too much, even they apparently have enough appeal that I do keep going back to watch them more than I probably should sometimes. Like the CW Superhero shows, I've watched almost all of the by now, but sometimes some of them get so bad that sometimes my brother has to try to calm me down.
                      Yeah I understand that. My sister-in-law always says to me "it's just a show" which I argue that that is true, but logic should still function within it.

What doesn't make sense?
                      Have fun on your vacation!!

Once Upon A Time ...
                      Spoiler:

One example is the Apprentice's wand. The first time it was used (5.01 - The Dark Swan) by Zelena there was a big point about how it needed an object to direct it (first Zelena's necklace from Oz, then switched to Emma's baby blanket). It was also mentioned that casting it would weaken the person casting it. That was how Regina took control of the situation. But they've gone on to use that wand to create portals without either of those things multiple times.

That's just the first one that pops into my head.

On to The Storm/The Eye....

I still laugh at the "rain" falling on the jumper on the mainland while it's clearly sunny outside with all the shadows. The bickering between Ford and Carson got tiresome pretty quickly. And the girl fight between Sora and Teyla was clearly just the men wanting to see 2 hot chicks battle.

I love how Rodney gives Elizabeth a close grounding station because she was "complaining about her knee the other day" and Elizabeth gives John this cute shrug. I can see why the McWeir people liked these episodes too because there's lots of good Elizabeth/Rodney stuff. I love Elizabeth/Rodney friendship so it was gold for me too.

John looks hot out in the rain. I can't help but feel sorry for Torri and David in all that water. Elizabeth also looks hot in the rain. Yes, feeling shallow.

As for Sparky, I loved the moment when Kolya first threatens Elizabeth and John desperately tries to give them things so they won't do it. "I'll give you a ship" (yes, John, you just gave us the Sparky ship). And his yelling "Kolyaaaaaaaaaaaa!" Then "I am going to kill you" after Kolya says Weir is dead.

This was the first time we really saw how good a soldier John is. He was perfect. Putting the shield up and all the Genii just splatting into it... that's some strong stuff.

Then of course, when Kolya lets it slip that Elizabeth is alive, John's whole demeanor changes and he wants to talk to her. Kolya gets a glint in his eye at that, you can see him processing it. Which is why I think Kolya kept a hold on Elizabeth when escaping. He knew she was a weak spot for John.

"Are you okay?" "No." "You will be. Come on". HAND HOLDING!

They were so cute in the last scene. And here's a link to one of my favorite post-Eye fics, which is gen but definitely has Sparky overtones.
                      Last edited by JT-2; 22 May 2017, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Yeah I understand that. My sister-in-law always says to me "it's just a show" which I argue that that is true, but logic should still function within it.

Have fun on your vacation!!

Once Upon A Time ...
                        Spoiler:

One example is the Apprentice's wand. The first time it was used (5.01 - The Dark Swan) by Zelena there was a big point about how it needed an object to direct it (first Zelena's necklace from Oz, then switched to Emma's baby blanket). It was also mentioned that casting it would weaken the person casting it. That was how Regina took control of the situation. But they've gone on to use that wand to create portals without either of those things multiple times.

That's just the first one that pops into my head.

I still laugh at the "rain" falling on the jumper on the mainland while it's clearly sunny outside with all the shadows. The bickering between Ford and Carson got tiresome pretty quickly. And the girl fight between Sora and Teyla was clearly just the men wanting to see 2 hot chicks battle.

I love how Rodney gives Elizabeth a close grounding station because she was "complaining about her knee the other day" and Elizabeth gives John this cute shrug. I can see why the McWeir people liked these episodes too because there's lots of good Elizabeth/Rodney stuff. I love Elizabeth/Rodney friendship so it was gold for me too.

John looks hot out in the rain. I can't help but feel sorry for Torri and David in all that water. Elizabeth also looks hot in the rain. Yes, feeling shallow.

As for Sparky, I loved the moment when Kolya first threatens Elizabeth and John desperately tries to give them things so they won't do it. "I'll give you a ship" (yes, John, you just gave us the Sparky ship). And his yelling "Kolyaaaaaaaaaaaa!" Then "I am going to kill you" after Kolya says Weir is dead.

This was the first time we really saw how good a soldier John is. He was perfect. Putting the shield up and all the Genii just splatting into it... that's some strong stuff.

Then of course, when Kolya lets it slip that Elizabeth is alive, John's whole demeanor changes and he wants to talk to her. Kolya gets a glint in his eye at that, you can see him processing it. Which is why I think Kolya kept a hold on Elizabeth when escaping. He knew she was a weak spot for John.

They were so cute in the last scene. And here's a link to one of my favorite post-Eye fics, which is gen but definitely has Sparky overtones.
                        After reading this, I'm feeling the need to rewatch Storm/Eye in the very near future.
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                          Whoa. I've only seen photos, but it looks stunning there. Enjoy!
                          It most certainly is a beautiful island.

It's my first time vacationing here, and so far I haven't been disappointing. The weather is great too, except that neither me nor my sister are very fond of very hot weather, and at the moment we are at our limit of warm. i suspect the temperature's somewhere between 25 to 30 degrees Celsius. We prefer it cooler. We like sun, and lots of it too, but there can also be a refreshing breeze if possible, or the occasional cloud covering the sky.

Visited a necropolis yesterday near the beach, in use from the 7th century BC until the 1st century AD. You could tell a big part was already lost to the sea. And later today, we're gonna check out the remains of a local bronze age culture on the other side of the hillrange separating us from the right side of the island.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Hah! I'm right there in the shallow end of the pool with you!

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                            After reading this, I'm feeling the need to rewatch Storm/Eye in the very near future.
                            You and me both! *fans self*

It most certainly is a beautiful island.

It's my first time vacationing here, and so far I haven't been disappointing. The weather is great too, except that neither me nor my sister are very fond of very hot weather, and at the moment we are at our limit of warm. i suspect the temperature's somewhere between 25 to 30 degrees Celsius. We prefer it cooler. We like sun, and lots of it too, but there can also be a refreshing breeze if possible, or the occasional cloud covering the sky.

Visited a necropolis yesterday near the beach, in use from the 7th century BC until the 1st century AD. You could tell a big part was already lost to the sea. And later today, we're gonna check out the remains of a local bronze age culture on the other side of the hillrange separating us from the right side of the island.
                            Oh that sounds gorgeous! Glad you're having fun in spite of the heat!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Comment

Today was even warmer... and tomorrow will be warmer still.

Though we were at sea this morning, paddling away. Lots of fun was had, and when we came back on land both me and my sister noticed the shape of the top of our shoes (fit for diving so a little above the ankle) was neatly sunburned into our legs. Looks utterly ridiculous of course. Good thing the weather in Belgium is not at such a temperature which permits shorts.

Comment

Working...
                                X