Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I ended up watching from The Gift through Intruder. Strong Sparky stuff there! I must say that SGA holds up pretty well. I replayed That Hug a few times.
    Adding those to the list too. I'm actually considering just starting at the series beginning and watching until it hurts. Now that we've hit the season of darkness and all I want to do is hibernate after 5pm. It is the season of binge-watching Might as well take advantage of it.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Who doesn't?

I'd definitely agree; Thor, The Avengers, Thor: The Dark World, and Avengers: Age of Ultron.

To add to that, Age of Ultron has a couple of scenes in particular with Thor that you'll want to pay attention to. It involves a vision he has; a part of it pertains to the AoU story, but it also has some foreshadowing of things to come in Thor 3 and onward to Avengers 3 & 4.
    I want to re-watch all of these too. I finally watched Spider-man Homecoming and loved! it. I never doubted I'd like it, but I was genuinely surprised by how much I enjoyed it. And bonus points for the press conference/squee worthy Iron Man moment.

But first...Justice League. I think, anyway. I'm eyeing Saturday showtimes.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
      Adding those to the list too. I'm actually considering just starting at the series beginning and watching until it hurts. Now that we've hit the season of darkness and all I want to do is hibernate after 5pm. It is the season of binge-watching Might as well take advantage of it.
      If you fancy rewatching (or watching) Stargate SG-1, I started a rewatch which has quizzes and puzzles. And the rewatch will eventually cover SGA (and SGU).
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

"Season of binge-watching." I love that!

I want to re-watch all of these too. I finally watched Spider-man Homecoming and loved! it. I never doubted I'd like it, but I was genuinely surprised by how much I enjoyed it. And bonus points for the press conference/squee worthy Iron Man moment.
        We've been waiting eight nine years for that!

I'm tempted to go see Thor: Ragnarok again. Probably won't be able to work it in though.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

We saw Justice League yesterday. Jason was great. He was born to play that role. It was basically Ronon. Overall a good action movie. Lots of humor and snark. The plot was a tiny bit muddled but aren't they always when action heroes are involved.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
              Thor and at least one member of his supporting cast are in Thor 1, The Avengers, Thor 2, Avengers 2, and now Thor 3. Avengers 2 has only a couple short cameos but they are still in there.
              Thank you! I watched Avengers 2 before seeing Thor: Ragnarok. I liked Avengers 2 overall, but what the hell was the Bruce/Natasha stuff about? That came out of nowhere.

I'd definitely agree; Thor, The Avengers, Thor: The Dark World, and Avengers: Age of Ultron.

To add to that, Age of Ultron has a couple of scenes in particular with Thor that you'll want to pay attention to. It involves a vision he has; a part of it pertains to the AoU story, but it also has some foreshadowing of things to come in Thor 3 and onward to Avengers 3 & 4.
              Thor: Ragnarok was AWESOME!!!!!!!! I'm going to see it again, most definitely. There were people in the theater that left right after the fade to black. Hello??!?! Have these people never seen a Marvel film before?

Binge-watching is so much fun! I'm hoping to get through a few more SGA episodes tomorrow. That's after I go see Thor again.

Comment

OMG! I'm BOOSTER GOLD!

"First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I'm the Flash... (not the Justice League Flash version, but the CW version cause I don't know know any other version)

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    We saw Justice League yesterday. Jason was great. He was born to play that role. It was basically Ronon. Overall a good action movie. Lots of humor and snark. The plot was a tiny bit muddled but aren't they always when action heroes are involved.
                    Heh! I'll have to check it out, but I'll probably wait until it hits cable.

Thank you! I watched Avengers 2 before seeing Thor: Ragnarok. I liked Avengers 2 overall, but what the hell was the Bruce/Natasha stuff about? That came out of nowhere.
                    That's been a pretty common complaint, and I agree. Fell flatter than a pancake.

Thor: Ragnarok was AWESOME!!!!!!!! I'm going to see it again, most definitely. There were people in the theater that left right after the fade to black. Hello??!?! Have these people never seen a Marvel film before?
                    Ugh, I know, right? ALWAYS stay to the end of the credits of a Marvel movie.

And now, to this week's College Football Roundup! USC won another round of the Battle for Los Angeles by gutting UCLA 28-23, Virginia Tech beat Pittsburgh 20-14, Tennessee lost to LSU 30-10, and it was a no good very bad day in Atlantis as Air Force lost to Boise State 44-19, and Navy fell to Notre Dame 24-17.

Comment

Aw, my Falcons are still continuing their down-streak. They'll be back, I have faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        If you fancy rewatching (or watching) Stargate SG-1, I started a rewatch which has quizzes and puzzles. And the rewatch will eventually cover SGA (and SGU).
                        I might be, I've been putting that one off because I haven't found all my DVD's, but I can work around that now. Where is the re-watch set up?

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

"Season of binge-watching." I love that!

We've been waiting eight nine years for that!

I'm tempted to go see Thor: Ragnarok again. Probably won't be able to work it in though.
                        I seem to be transfixed with the seasonality of everything. I put up two of the trees this weekend, so I can combat the season of darkness and embark on the season of binge-watching during the Thanksgiving holiday which is one season I'm not embracing- or cooking for, lol. We have reservations for one of my favorite lakeside restaurants.

Glad to hear your review, I want to see it, but I've heard so much about re-writes, re-shoots, and CGI botched mustache removal, I've been doubtful. That kind of reverse psychology usually works well for me, though. I'll go in with low expectations and be pleasantly surprised.

Binge-watching is so much fun! I'm hoping to get through a few more SGA episodes tomorrow. That's after I go see Thor again.
                        I was completely caught off guard by the Natasha/Bruce pairing. I was shipping Natasha/Clint, they had some nice moments in the first Avengers. The abrupt shift made me feel like I missed an entire movie.

My Thanksgiving to-do list is as follows: Thor, Justice League, and binge-watching, though I might be drawing straws and/or arm wrestling over control of the remote and binge-watching selections.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

I might be, I've been putting that one off because I haven't found all my DVD's, but I can work around that now. Where is the re-watch set up?
                          Right here on Gateworld.

It's really easy, because most of the rewatchers are working full-time or have other daily engagements to attend to so we watch about 3 episodes a week (more episodes = fine, less episodes = also fine). And then we just post our thoughts in the appropriate episode threads right here on Gateworld.

Every sunday (or sometimes saturday evening) I will post a quiz which spans the 3 episodes of that week (5 questions per episode so 15 in total), and a jigsaw puzzle. At the end of each season I'm planning a poll about that season for which I will post the results at the end of the next season so people have enough time to fill it out (if they feel so inclined).
                          No actual prizes can be won, but I might do some little things like avatars for the fastest jigsaw solver, and the slowest perhaps. It's mostly about having fun together. Participation to the rewatch and/or the games is voluntarily. Nobody will tell you, you have to watch the episodes, or fill in the quiz, do the jigsaw puzzles.

Currently we're in week 7 (just finished week 6), and this week I'm watching Solitudes, Tin Man and There But For The Grace Of God.

Comment

Hiya! Working in a hospital today and I have no cell signal but WiFi access and a few minutes of downtime.

I felt like I was just watching Jason play Ronon in the promos LOL. Seeing it this week.

Especially after the opening of the film was leaning towards Clintasha. I had similar feelings. I think they’re better expressed on Tumblr with multiple GIFs.

I LOVED IT!!! I was laughing so hard I thought I was gonna get thrown out of the theater LOL but that is why I watched it solo first.

Even some of the older more distinguished generation that were watching were like “look at those idiots leaving...” Made me laugh so hard.

And you really must stay til the end! Cause then you get those little gems like Chris Evans at the end of Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                              Hiya! Working in a hospital today and I have no cell signal but WiFi access and a few minutes of downtime.

I felt like I was just watching Jason play Ronon in the promos LOL. Seeing it this week.

Especially after the opening of the film was leaning towards Clintasha. I had similar feelings. I think they’re better expressed on Tumblr with multiple GIFs.

I LOVED IT!!! I was laughing so hard I thought I was gonna get thrown out of the theater LOL but that is why I watched it solo first.

Even some of the older more distinguished generation that were watching were like “look at those idiots leaving...” Made me laugh so hard.

And you really must stay til the end! Cause then you get those little gems like Chris Evans at the end of Spider-Man: Homecoming.
                              There are two great bits in the credits for Justice League also. Only a very few people left when it was over. Mr. SR and I laughed and said everyone must have read the same review we did.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies! Hope everyone's been enjoying this Canon Monday! Busy busy day of pillaging the village shopping over on the mainland again.

I seem to be transfixed with the seasonality of everything. I put up two of the trees this weekend, so I can combat the season of darkness and embark on the season of binge-watching during the Thanksgiving holiday which is one season I'm not embracing- or cooking for, lol. We have reservations for one of my favorite lakeside restaurants.
                                Now THAT is the way to do Thanksgiving!

I was completely caught off guard by the Natasha/Bruce pairing. I was shipping Natasha/Clint, they had some nice moments in the first Avengers. The abrupt shift made me feel like I missed an entire movie.
                                Exactly! It was like we went straight from Point A to Point F without even seeing one or two of B, C, D, and E. Really bad storytelling.

Or a more multilingual and slightly less savage Khal Drogo.

Yup. This is why friends don't let friends leave a Marvel movie early.

Comment

Working...
                                X