Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I can't wait to read Zandra's Ashes con report.
    Me neither.

Oh, I didn't know you don't have to recharge a hybrid. That's pretty cool!

Though not so good about almost running into people. Around here people are so bad in parking lots, they'll walk right into you when you're pulling out - no matter how loud your car is. Rhode Islanders also don't believe in turn signals, or coming to a full stop at a stop sign. We're a messed up state.
    We have all that too plus diplomats who don't have to follow the laws and tourists. Lots and lots of tourists.

I like the comfort too. I must have leather seats. It helps my back with getting in and out of the car. And heated seats.
    Our car also has cooled seats but they make you feel like you've wet your pants for some reason.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      We have all that too plus diplomats who don't have to follow the laws and tourists. Lots and lots of tourists.
      We have tourists in Newport but I rarely go there anyway. And then there are the Massachusetts drivers, who we not so affectionately call (in spoilers for implied bad language)
      Spoiler:
      "Mass holes".

Our car also has cooled seats but they make you feel like you've wet your pants for some reason.
      Bwahahahaha!! I've wanted to get cooled seats too, but maybe now I don't.......

Comment

Oh, and Falcon Horus was mentioning motorcycles. There was a crash not that far from me where 7 motorcycle riders were killed when they ran into a truck. Motorcycles scare me.
        The truckdriver's charged with 7 counts of homicidal manslaughter, I believe.
        Or something -- he's being held responsible for the deaths.

Motorcyclists can be scary but when they stick to the rules, I have nothing but respect for them.
        Also, my dad has a motorcycle so...
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Oh yeah, I got a diploma in the mail - but it was the wrong diploma!! It was some guy named Linus's. (Who names their kid Linus?) Then I got an email from the school saying many people had gotten the wrong diplomas and they were going to fix it. Doesn't say much for their computer programming department that this happened.
          Whoops!

Oh, I didn't know you don't have to recharge a hybrid. That's pretty cool!

Though not so good about almost running into people. Around here people are so bad in parking lots, they'll walk right into you when you're pulling out - no matter how loud your car is. Rhode Islanders also don't believe in turn signals, or coming to a full stop at a stop sign. We're a messed up state.
          Ah, the infamous California stop.

Maybe you need a bigger TV then.
          We're out to get one tomorrow.

Yep same here, and we're approaching the apex of tourist season now with the 4th of July weekend coming up. Buckle up, kiddies.

OMG.

We have tourists in Newport but I rarely go there anyway. And then there are the Massachusetts drivers, who we not so affectionately call (in spoilers for implied bad language)
          Spoiler:
          "Mass holes".
          AHAHAHAHAHAH! That's priceless!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday! It's a busy busy day over in America for me, let's hope I don't roast out in the sun, LOL!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              The truckdriver's charged with 7 counts of homicidal manslaughter, I believe.
              Or something -- he's being held responsible for the deaths.

Motorcyclists can be scary but when they stick to the rules, I have nothing but respect for them.
              Also, my dad has a motorcycle so...
              Oh it's not the motorcyclists themselves that scare me. I'm scared FOR them.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Ah, the infamous California stop.

We're out to get one tomorrow.
              Sweet!!!

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday! It's a busy busy day over in America for me, let's hope I don't roast out in the sun, LOL!
              I have to go out in the sun too. Not a fan of summer.

Comment

Oh it's not the motorcyclists themselves that scare me. I'm scared FOR them.
                Like I said when they respect the rules, I have no fear, but considering I see plenty morons do very stupid things I fear mostly that they will end up as roadpizza some point into their motorcycle future -- of that I have no doubt.

Just last week, I saw one ignoring a stopsign and crossing the street in front of a bus. Luckily the bus was able to break or it would have been carnage.

Comment

I'm baaack! And I'm so tired. Chicago kicked my ass in the best kind of way. I got home at 3am Tuesday, because, you know. Airlines.

You were all right about everything. Thanks for those words of encouragement. I still needed half a xanax to walk in. It was one of the smallest conventions I've ever been too, but my first time at a Stargate convention which is really crazy since they are my fave fandom. I guess I was afraid the reality would spoil the magic?

So, what exactly does a convention report entail? I need to go back through my videos and see if I can post them somewhere for you to see. The sound was really terrible on some of them, but I had a few funny stories that are mostly audible.

And you were oh so very right. There is really no way to be prepared for all that is Joe. He looked great and was kind AND I got a sweet hug because I was such a geeky mess (and nearly tripped as I walked up and no it wasn't a planned attempt to fall into his arms, though in hindsight.....brilliant.. I got extra XXX's and OOO's on my autograph from Paul for the same reason (geekiness, not tripping), but he probably says that to all the girls.

Some people asked Joe the worst questions. I'd forgotten to think about any and was way too nervecited to even consider coming up with something on the fly, but if I go again, I will be prepared if for no other reason than to save him from another terrible question. Okay, so I'm being harsh. They weren't all terrible, but they went to his pain points right off. Asked why he was on GH, why he did Ferocious Planet, and about some other project I can't remember. He handled it extremely well. And as for Ferocious Planet, he said it was the most fun he'd had filming a movie, but was the worst product. "Thanks for asking about that," he said, full of sarcastic charm.

God, I hope no one on the GW forum asked those questions and reads this. But there were better ways to frame those kinds of questions. I think if I could ask a question now, I might even ask him, what do you wish people would ask you or is there something you wish people knew about you. All I know, is that I was very uncomfortable at how several of the questions were framed (In my ears, it sounded a little judgmental and I felt defensive on his behalf.).

Despite my crap over the way they asked the GH question (the very first damn question), I loved hearing him talk about it, how it allows him to stay home in LA and keep working with the Woolsey foundation. He talked about respecting the other actors work ethic, that it is a grind, but it lets him go to work at 8am and leave at 12 so he has more time for his family. He says his ideal role is one that lets him save the universe every day. . My applause to the other guests that followed as before asking questions, many said kind things about seeing him on GH and that they are following the show now because they are so excited to see him.

I think my favorite Joe question ended up being one about pranks on set, because he really lit up at that. He told a freaking hysterical story about how a prank he played on Hewlett backfired when Hewlett got retribution. I've got that one on video and was afraid to post it on Insta. I can try messaging it straight to you from there. The prank included a busty babes magazine, a laptop, and an elderly airport security screener. What could go wrong?

Paul won my award for the most entertaining. I was crushing kind of hard on him by the time I left (that charm and that accent). He was delightful. Torri was adorable and Rainbow was cracking me up. He is a little crazy and not shy. They set up an interesting dynamic by pairing Torri and Rainbow together for the panel (Rainbow was delayed a day, this hadn't been previously planned), as they were both chiming in on their characters not really getting good closure or a nice arc.

They all made fun of Hewlett (in a loving way) and had stories to tell to back them up. I so wished he could have been there. I think it Paul who said something to the effect of most actors are very different from their characters, but David is McKay. He's just like his character.

My complaint- they were never all on stage at the same time. What the what? They couldn't have taken 1 minute before autographs to let us get a photo of them all? The dinner photo they posted online of the four of them were the only time I saw Torri and Joe together. More tears.

Forgive any typos. Still catching up on life and am typing waaay to fast.
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

I'd love to meet David Hewlett some day. He's wickedly awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                      I'm baaack! And I'm so tired. Chicago kicked my ass in the best kind of way. I got home at 3am Tuesday, because, you know. Airlines.

You were all right about everything. Thanks for those words of encouragement. I still needed half a xanax to walk in. It was one of the smallest conventions I've ever been too, but my first time at a Stargate convention which is really crazy since they are my fave fandom. I guess I was afraid the reality would spoil the magic?

So, what exactly does a convention report entail? I need to go back through my videos and see if I can post them somewhere for you to see. The sound was really terrible on some of them, but I had a few funny stories that are mostly audible.

And you were oh so very right. There is really no way to be prepared for all that is Joe. He looked great and was kind AND I got a sweet hug because I was such a geeky mess (and nearly tripped as I walked up and no it wasn't a planned attempt to fall into his arms, though in hindsight.....brilliant.. I got extra XXX's and OOO's on my autograph from Paul for the same reason (geekiness, not tripping), but he probably says that to all the girls.

Some people asked Joe the worst questions. I'd forgotten to think about any and was way too nervecited to even consider coming up with something on the fly, but if I go again, I will be prepared if for no other reason than to save him from another terrible question. Okay, so I'm being harsh. They weren't all terrible, but they went to his pain points right off. Asked why he was on GH, why he did Ferocious Planet, and about some other project I can't remember. He handled it extremely well. And as for Ferocious Planet, he said it was the most fun he'd had filming a movie, but was the worst product. "Thanks for asking about that," he said, full of sarcastic charm.

God, I hope no one on the GW forum asked those questions and reads this. But there were better ways to frame those kinds of questions. I think if I could ask a question now, I might even ask him, what do you wish people would ask you or is there something you wish people knew about you. All I know, is that I was very uncomfortable at how several of the questions were framed (In my ears, it sounded a little judgmental and I felt defensive on his behalf.).

Despite my crap over the way they asked the GH question (the very first damn question), I loved hearing him talk about it, how it allows him to stay home in LA and keep working with the Woolsey foundation. He talked about respecting the other actors work ethic, that it is a grind, but it lets him go to work at 8am and leave at 12 so he has more time for his family. He says his ideal role is one that lets him save the universe every day. . My applause to the other guests that followed as before asking questions, many said kind things about seeing him on GH and that they are following the show now because they are so excited to see him.

I think my favorite Joe question ended up being one about pranks on set, because he really lit up at that. He told a freaking hysterical story about how a prank he played on Hewlett backfired when Hewlett got retribution. I've got that one on video and was afraid to post it on Insta. I can try messaging it straight to you from there. The prank included a busty babes magazine, a laptop, and an elderly airport security screener. What could go wrong?

Paul won my award for the most entertaining. I was crushing kind of hard on him by the time I left (that charm and that accent). He was delightful. Torri was adorable and Rainbow was cracking me up. He is a little crazy and not shy. They set up an interesting dynamic by pairing Torri and Rainbow together for the panel (Rainbow was delayed a day, this hadn't been previously planned), as they were both chiming in on their characters not really getting good closure or a nice arc.

They all made fun of Hewlett (in a loving way) and had stories to tell to back them up. I so wished he could have been there. I think it Paul who said something to the effect of most actors are very different from their characters, but David is McKay. He's just like his character.

My complaint- they were never all on stage at the same time. What the what? They couldn't have taken 1 minute before autographs to let us get a photo of them all? The dinner photo they posted online of the four of them were the only time I saw Torri and Joe together. More tears.

Forgive any typos. Still catching up on life and am typing waaay to fast.
                      Thanks for that. I agree on the bad questions. I don't understand what people are thinking and they just show their ignorance sometimes. On GH, I know that a number of very famous actors whose names escape me right now started out in soaps. Those actors work extremely hard, so they should get over themselves.

And yes, Hewlett is McKay. Just follow him on Twitter and you'll see that.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Thanks for that. I agree on the bad questions. I don't understand what people are thinking and they just show their ignorance sometimes. On GH, I know that a number of very famous actors whose names escape me right now started out in soaps. Those actors work extremely hard, so they should get over themselves.

People are jerks. I'm sorry, but Atlantis wasn't exactly Shakespeare either. An actor's gotta work. And you're right - they work extremely hard. I can't imagine learning all that dialogue day after day. I'm lucky if I can remember why I entered a room.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Survived the raiding party shopping trip in America without getting singed (yay!), got an awesome new TV for the living room (I get the smaller one that's in there now for my office, SCORE! ), and now I get to sip my tea and watch the rain come down. *contented sigh*

Yay! Glad you had a great time, it sounds like it was a really good con! And oh yes, Joe.

That is awesome to hear, and I'm glad he's having a good time on GH. I had a feeling that one of the reasons he took that role was because he'd get to stay close to his family. And boo to the bad questioners...one of my least favorite things about fandom conventions in general, there's always somebody like that.

LMAOOMG cast prank stories are THE BEST.

Torri was adorable and Rainbow was cracking me up. He is a little crazy and not shy. They set up an interesting dynamic by pairing Torri and Rainbow together for the panel (Rainbow was delayed a day, this hadn't been previously planned), as they were both chiming in on their characters not really getting good closure or a nice arc.
                          Ohhh, to be a fly on the wall during THAT panel!

Ugh, yeah Creation is very clueless (to put it kindly) about that.

Indeed, acting for soaps is really hardcore intense in a way that other roles just can't match. It takes a special kind of actor and work ethic to do that every day, especially for years on end like so many of these actors that have stayed in the same roles for so long have done.

Comment

People are jerks. I'm sorry, but Atlantis wasn't exactly Shakespeare either. An actor's gotta work. And you're right - they work extremely hard. I can't imagine learning all that dialogue day after day. I'm lucky if I can remember why I entered a room.
                            So the thing is, they appeared genuine and super excited to be talking to Joe. Maybe it was just youthful naivety? Still, there is something called common sense and I feel if we have an opportunity to speak with someone we are a huge fan of, it goes without saying to show some sensitivity. Again, I don't pretend to be unbiased here. #triggered. #Protective_instincts_engaged.

I thought I was just projecting because I knew him as McKay first, I didn't start following on social media until years later. What's even better is it looks like he is raising a mini-McKay.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Survived the raiding party shopping trip in America without getting singed (yay!), got an awesome new TV for the living room (I get the smaller one that's in there now for my office, SCORE! ), and now I get to sip my tea and watch the rain come down. *contented sigh*
                            Nice! If you were closer I would share my nutella shortbread cookies. I'm thinking they would pair nicely with tea. I honestly don't know how I have any left at this point.

FH- I lost your quote somehow, but I'm really hoping to catch up with Hewlett at a convention at some point as well.

And dang it, I'm going to organize a riot if they don't put them all on stage together next time. They were already talking about 2020 in Chicago. I wouldn't be opposed to going back, lol.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

I'm lucky if I can remember why I entered a room.
                              Those are my good days.

What's even better is it looks like he is raising a mini-McKay.
                              The Bratlett is definitely growing up to be a mini-McKay.

Comment

Dare I ask how big the new TV is?

Ugh, yeah Creation is very clueless (to put it kindly) about that.
                                Before I went, 7 years ago *yikes*, I emailed them asking for a dual Torri and Joe photo op or panel. They ignored my suggestion and had the typical Joe and David panel together. So the same questions were asked that always get asked.

Indeed, acting for soaps is really hardcore intense in a way that other roles just can't match. It takes a special kind of actor and work ethic to do that every day, especially for years on end like so many of these actors that have stayed in the same roles for so long have done.
                                Some of the ones I'm watching on Days of Our Lives now were older people when I watched 20 years ago. Now they're like 80 and still acting! More power to them!

So the thing is, they appeared genuine and super excited to be talking to Joe. Maybe it was just youthful naivety? Still, there is something called common sense and I feel if we have an opportunity to speak with someone we are a huge fan of, it goes without saying to show some sensitivity. Again, I don't pretend to be unbiased here. #triggered. #Protective_instincts_engaged.
                                I hear you. People can be stupid.

And dang it, I'm going to organize a riot if they don't put them all on stage together next time. They were already talking about 2020 in Chicago. I wouldn't be opposed to going back, lol.
                                Creation doesn't tend to do that, unfortunately.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Those are my good days.

Comment

Working...
                                X