Page 7675 of 7677 FirstFirst ... 66757175757576257665767276737674767576767677 LastLast
Results 153,481 to 153,500 of 153539

Default Re: Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    And Belgium kicked Russia's butt last night in European Qualifying matches of football -- 4 goals to 1.
    Woohoo!! Yay for you! I love it when a little nation takes down a large one. That whole David and Goliath thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Red View Post

Everybody was talking about that. I got the scoop from the checkout guy at Safeway. LOL He was quite upset. I hope that idiot never plays football again.
    Yeah, he won't be playing for awhile. The QB kinda started the whole thing so I think he should be punished too. I just read that he's getting a fine but no suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by JT-2 View Post
    Woohoo!! Yay for you! I love it when a little nation takes down a large one. That whole David and Goliath thing.
    Wellllll, Belgium is actually ranked and seeded higher than Russia here. In fact they are currently the Number 1 team in the Fifa Men's World Rankings.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    Wellllll, Belgium is actually ranked and seeded higher than Russia here. In fact they are currently the Number 1 team in the Fifa Men's World Rankings.
    I meant in terms of size of the countries.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

First Lieutenant Zandra's Ashes's Avatar

Lol, catching up today made me hungry- for cheese My newest favorites are Red Leicester, which I never seem to find in the states except the Aldi advent calendar or via online order, and comte, but my all time go to is Trader Joe's cheddar & gruyere melange. It's sooo good. And so reasonably priced. My doctor actually recommended I basically go vegan for a while, something about the diet being good when you have an autoimmune disease. I'm compromising at this point, eating as plant based as I reasonably can, but...I'm waiting until January to really start the dairy part of it.
    Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Lieutenant General Southern Red's Avatar

Does anyone else here watch The Good Doctor. We just saw Paul Mcgillion playing a dying woman's ex- husband. It was a tearjerker and he did a great job with a short part.

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Did a do-over with Cyprus last night, though they are smaller. They didn't even want to play the game cause last time we played them we creamed them -- it was a do-over... 6-1.

I'm still surprised we are.

We won all our games in the qualifying matches so I'm having high hopes for the European Championship next june.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Quote Originally Posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
    Lol, catching up today made me hungry- for cheese My newest favorites are Red Leicester, which I never seem to find in the states except the Aldi advent calendar or via online order, and comte, but my all time go to is Trader Joe's cheddar & gruyere melange. It's sooo good. And so reasonably priced. My doctor actually recommended I basically go vegan for a while, something about the diet being good when you have an autoimmune disease. I'm compromising at this point, eating as plant based as I reasonably can, but...I'm waiting until January to really start the dairy part of it.
    Ahhh, New Year's resolutions. Yeah, it's hard to start something like that with the holidays coming up. Hope it does work for you once you get it going.

Does anyone else here watch The Good Doctor. We just saw Paul Mcgillion playing a dying woman's ex- husband. It was a tearjerker and he did a great job with a short part.
    I don't watch that one, but sounds like a good role. I'll have to check it out.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

He is such a gem. I don't watch the show, but that's enough to make me want to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Ahhh, New Year's resolutions. Yeah, it's hard to start something like that with the holidays coming up. Hope it does work for you once you get it going.
    I'll probably make a more generic New Years resolution, like to cook more with whole foods. I'm not committing to anything else at this point. As for the holidays thank goodness I moved my treadmill into my office. I've been good about walking almost every day with it staring me down, judging me. Maybe it will help me ward off those holiday calories. (Cookies, I'm looking at you.)

Well I heard back from both my phone screenings for new jobs.... no luck. I have an in-person interview on Friday.

No but I recently watched Red Widow (2013) which had Jamie Ray Newman (Laura Cadman). She was great in it.

Vegan, huh? My niece did that for a few years but has given it up. It's one thing to give up meat, another entirely to give up dairy. You wouldn't believe how many things have eggs or butter.

Did a do-over with Cyprus last night, though they are smaller. They didn't even want to play the game cause last time we played them we creamed them -- it was a do-over... 6-1.
    Awww, poor Cyprus.

We won all our games in the qualifying matches so I'm having high hopes for the European Championship next june.
    Go Belgium!!

Awww, poor Cyprus.
    You think that's bad?

A month ago, Armenia had a chance to qualify for a major tournament for the first time. Then we dropped points to a 1-1 draw with Lichtenstein, lost to Finland, lost to Greece at home (even though we'd won away), and ended with a 9-1 loss to Italy.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

You think that's bad?

A month ago, Armenia had a chance to qualify for a major tournament for the first time. Then we dropped points to a 1-1 draw with Lichtenstein, lost to Finland, lost to Greece at home (even though we'd won away), and ended with a 9-1 loss to Italy.
    See, I love Iceland -- they are a nobody when it comes to Euro/World soccer but they are amazing on the field. They rarely stand a chance of winning a game, especially against countries much higher on the list... but they always go into the game with that sort of attitude where you know you got nothing to loose so you just play the game and hope for the best.

So every goal scored is a win.
    There are literally no expectations or pressure at all.

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon

You think that's bad?

9-1, huh? Ouch. That had to hurt. Is there no mercy rule? Oh wait, I remember that being a thing with the US Women's team, where they had run up the scoreboard and people were complaining about it.

See, I love Iceland -- they are a nobody when it comes to Euro/World soccer but they are amazing on the field. They rarely stand a chance of winning a game, especially against countries much higher on the list... but they always go into the game with that sort of attitude where you know you got nothing to loose so you just play the game and hope for the best.

Now that's the way to play, I guess!! I guess I should look at RI College Football that way.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

I'll probably make a more generic New Years resolution, like to cook more with whole foods. I'm not committing to anything else at this point. As for the holidays thank goodness I moved my treadmill into my office. I've been good about walking almost every day with it staring me down, judging me. Maybe it will help me ward off those holiday calories. (Cookies, I'm looking at you.)
    Walkies! I've been trying to take walkies every day. Fortunately, our driveway is long and hilly, so several times up and down makes for a pretty good hike.

Well I heard back from both my phone screenings for new jobs.... no luck. I have an in-person interview on Friday.
    That stinks! Hoping you have better luck on Friday!

Vegan, huh? My niece did that for a few years but has given it up. It's one thing to give up meat, another entirely to give up dairy. You wouldn't believe how many things have eggs or butter.
    And the ones that don't just don't taste the same.

Now that's the way all sports should be played, for the love of the game.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

No but I recently watched Red Widow (2013) which had Jamie Ray Newman (Laura Cadman). She was great in it.

Good luck!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Walkies! I've been trying to take walkies every day. Fortunately, our driveway is long and hilly, so several times up and down makes for a pretty good hike.

Nice- I love hilly walks! Of course I live in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains so I don't have any choice in the matter when I'm outside

My interview got cancelled at the last minute. They'd had a career fair the prior day, and found candidates with experience. So they no longer wanted me.

I'm feeling very drained by this whole experience.

You'll find a job, I'm sure... You have the knowledge.
    These people have no idea what they're missing out on.

Lieutenant General Southern Red's Avatar

My interview got cancelled at the last minute. They'd had a career fair the prior day, and found candidates with experience. So they no longer wanted me.

Are you signed up with Monster.com or something like it? That was a big help for SR Jr at one time. I know you'll find the perfect place but job hunting is the pits.

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

*hugs* Don't give up, the right job IS out there waiting for you.

Are you signed up with Monster.com or something like it? That was a big help for SR Jr at one time. I know you'll find the perfect place but job hunting is the pits.
    And sometimes, taking a little break can help too. But then, that's true for many things in life.

Page 7675 of 7677 FirstFirst ... 66757175757576257665767276737674767576767677 LastLast