Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Head... first...

With arms stretched out in front, right? Right?!? RIGHT?!?
    You got it. And doing the howler monkey screech knowing that Dad or Mom is there to catch you.

Down in DC the cherry blossoms are at peak. You can see for yourself at https://nationalmall.org/bloomcam

You can also see all the people who are supposed to be home. But usually there are so many people there you can't see the ground, so it's not like normal.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      You got it. And doing the howler monkey screech knowing that Dad or Mom is there to catch you.

Down in DC the cherry blossoms are at peak. You can see for yourself at https://nationalmall.org/bloomcam

You can also see all the people who are supposed to be home. But usually there are so many people there you can't see the ground, so it's not like normal.
      So pretty. Someday I've got to see that in person.

But not right now!!!! C'mon, people! Grow a brain cell.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Shopping went well, we got everything we needed. The soup aisle had been picked over, as was the pasta (fortunately we had stocked up back during our trip to America). Even the frozen entrees and ice cream were a bit sparse. Plenty of bread and toilet paper, though.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

Oh dear. I hope SR Jr. and Mrs. SR Jr. have plenty of wine at hand.
        They do. In fact they were lucky enough to get a delivery from Total Wine before they shut that down. They also have a park nearby that's a lifesaver. The boys love going down the slide head first. Fearless.
        Head... first...

With arms stretched out in front, right? Right?!? RIGHT?!?
        OMG. The twins are NUTS!

Sheeple. Freaking SHEEPLE. *headdesk*
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It really is stunning because not much else blooms around there at the same time. It's like a low-lying cloud all around the Tidal Basin. Also there are cherry trees all over the area and we locals know all the super secret places to go away from where the tourists congretate. The trick in coming to visit is knowing when they will bloom.
          sigpic

Comment

They closed down salons here in RI as of Monday at 5pm. My sister-in-law is going to have her hair done right before the deadline tomorrow. No cut, no dry, just a quick dye. Her hair stylist is fitting in as many dye jobs as she can before the clock strikes 5.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Shopping went well, we got everything we needed. The soup aisle had been picked over, as was the pasta (fortunately we had stocked up back during our trip to America). Even the frozen entrees and ice cream were a bit sparse. Plenty of bread and toilet paper, though.
            I'm so glad you were able to get everything you needed! I'm surprised about the toilet paper and bread, though. Those have been scarce here.

It really is stunning because not much else blooms around there at the same time. It's like a low-lying cloud all around the Tidal Basin. Also there are cherry trees all over the area and we locals know all the super secret places to go away from where the tourists congretate. The trick in coming to visit is knowing when they will bloom.
            Ah. So it has to be a spur of the moment kind of deal? I wouldn't want to make reservations and go there only to find out I missed the window.

Comment

LOL!

I'm a bloomin' idiot.

I'm thinking, "Oh cool, let's check it out!" ... but I forgot about the time difference. It's 11am local time here, so the live feed is still dark. DOH!
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Erin87 -- hey!

Still looking good... Sparky for the win!
                Hey, good to see you. Lovely art as usual. We are still hanging in there but usually talking about our lives instead of Sparky. LOL
                Thanks!

We are still hanging in there but usually talking about our lives instead of Sparky. LOL
                Hey, nothing wrong with that.

Oh that was you on Tumblr! I reblogged that post. Very nice!!!
                Yep! I'm not exactly consistent with my internet nom-de-plumes. Thanks!

I highly reccommend "The Continued Adventures of Thing 1 and Thing 2" ... most entertaining stuff.

Which is basically what a Sparky twin could be like... Imagine the mayhem they could cause in Atlantis.
                Sounds like it!

LOL! Chaos, but so much fun.

Everybody stay healthy. This too shall pass. And as SR Jr. said, "It's all fun and games until you see the first zombie."
                I second that. Everybody be well!

And LOL.

I have an appointment on the 31st, so fingers crossed.

We did facetime with the twins last night. Mom and Dad are that close (fingers a millimeter apart) to cracking. They were playing with a box that wasn't quite big enough for both of them to crawl inside but they kept trying it anyway. The one left out always cried and tried to pull the other one out. Then they decided to use the box to crawl up on the coffee table and back down. Over and over and over. Finally Thing 2 tried to stand on a ball and climb over the baby gate. That did not end well. We're waiting for those little brain cells to figure out they can use the box in place of the ball. It's fascinating watching the wheels turn.

Dad said they can't get enough to eat and the dog's bed had to be moved outside the twin confinement area for her own protection.

"Dough Dog" has now become "Dog Go" so we're making progress there. So all those confined at home. You could be trapped with twins.
                Well, at least quarantine life will never be boring!
                sigpic
                Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

They closed down salons here in RI as of Monday at 5pm. My sister-in-law is going to have her hair done right before the deadline tomorrow. No cut, no dry, just a quick dye. Her hair stylist is fitting in as many dye jobs as she can before the clock strikes 5.

Which reminds me, I've been meaning to order some henna and try it on my hair to punch up its redness. Guess now is as good a time as any...

I'm so glad you were able to get everything you needed! I'm surprised about the toilet paper and bread, though. Those have been scarce here.
                  Yeah, I think the market is used to getting emergency shipments due to power outages and the like already, so they had a system in place. I guess. But hey, we got food, so it's all good.

Ah. So it has to be a spur of the moment kind of deal? I wouldn't want to make reservations and go there only to find out I missed the window.
                  I expect the weather and how it affects the timing of the bloom has a lot to do with it. An early or late spring would likely throw everything out of whack.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Well my local medical community has now been affected. My doctor's appointment tomorrow is now a phone call. And my physical therapist called because they'll be doing phone calls too. But since what she does with me is fix my alignment which is a hands on thing, I said no thanks. Now I have to get really careful not to let my back get too out of whack, because when it's really bad the only thing that can fix it is physical therapy. D'oh.

Which reminds me, I've been meaning to order some henna and try it on my hair to punch up its redness. Guess now is as good a time as any...
                    Yes! That would be pretty.

Yeah, I think the market is used to getting emergency shipments due to power outages and the like already, so they had a system in place. I guess. But hey, we got food, so it's all good.
                    Well, you're better off than we are.

I expect the weather and how it affects the timing of the bloom has a lot to do with it. An early or late spring would likely throw everything out of whack.
                    True.

Comment

This doctor of mine is habitually late.

So I got the first appointment of the day. Plus it's now a phone call. So she should be on time, right?

Wrong.

She's already 25 minutes late.

Comment

So I got the first appointment of the day. Plus it's now a phone call. So she should be on time, right?

Wrong.

Hate that. And then they arrive full of apologies. My dentist is that way. It tickles me because every single time the first thing they say is "sorry you had to wait." Mr. SR gets the first appointment both there and with our eye doc but I'm not ready to go out that early.
                        sigpic

Comment

I can do better with doctor's appointments... Remember that cold a week or so ago.

The website said that you had to mail them with your list of complaints which I did but then later in the day I called them anyway, and they promised to call me back. I have one regular doctor in that practice. She's the only one I actually trust to come anywhere close to me (autist remember) so I think they made sure she was the one to call me.

She wrote me a note, but when my sister went to pick it up later that day. It turned out that my email had not been deleted but had also been picked up by one of the other doctors so I got 2 notes -- however, one said "allowed to leave the house", the other "not allowed to leave the house" (from my regular doctor).

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Welp, our governor, in his infinite wisdom, has issued a stay-at-home order for the state. Good luck trying to enforce that, Jay.

Well my local medical community has now been affected. My doctor's appointment tomorrow is now a phone call. And my physical therapist called because they'll be doing phone calls too. But since what she does with me is fix my alignment which is a hands on thing, I said no thanks. Now I have to get really careful not to let my back get too out of whack, because when it's really bad the only thing that can fix it is physical therapy. D'oh.
                            Take care of your back! My mom is supposed to go in for a chiro appointment two weeks from now...and we've all got our dental cleanings that week too. This is gonna get interesting...

Well, you're better off than we are.
                            For now, at least...

Wrong.

D'oh!

I can do better with doctor's appointments... Remember that cold a week or so ago.

The website said that you had to mail them with your list of complaints which I did but then later in the day I called them anyway, and they promised to call me back. I have one regular doctor in that practice. She's the only one I actually trust to come anywhere close to me (autist remember) so I think they made sure she was the one to call me.

She wrote me a note, but when my sister went to pick it up later that day. It turned out that my email had not been deleted but had also been picked up by one of the other doctors so I got 2 notes -- however, one said "allowed to leave the house", the other "not allowed to leave the house" (from my regular doctor).
                            Oh dear...

Comment

Hate that. And then they arrive full of apologies. My dentist is that way. It tickles me because every single time the first thing they say is "sorry you had to wait." Mr. SR gets the first appointment both there and with our eye doc but I'm not ready to go out that early.
                              Naively, I thought taking the first appointment of the day would make things better. Silly me. She eventually called me 40 minutes late. Our call lasted 3 minutes. I wonder how much she got paid for those 3 minutes.

My mom and dad had a primary doctor who ran like 2 hours late to all his appointments. (Why they stayed with him, I have no idea). My mom did her own form of protesting by crocheting a blanket ONLY when she was waiting for the doctor. When she finished it, she told him "this blanket was made during our waiting time for you". I'm sure he didn't care, but I still think that was smart of her. My mom could be a real b*tch when she wanted to be. I learned from the master.

D'oh!!! Can you just ignore the note you don't want?

Welp, our governor, in his infinite wisdom, has issued a stay-at-home order for the state. Good luck trying to enforce that, Jay.
                              Oh dear!! I'm still waiting for RI to do that, since it's starting to happen all around us.

Take care of your back! My mom is supposed to go in for a chiro appointment two weeks from now...and we've all got our dental cleanings that week too. This is gonna get interesting...
                              My dental appointments got cancelled already.

Comment

D'oh!!! Can you just ignore the note you don't want?
                                I did.
                                But I'm keeping it anyway. Send the other one to my HR department.

My call with my doctor lasted about 2 minutes and it was a free consultation.

Comment

Working...
                                X