No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    The heatwave is official, and way too early, and we are not allowed to use water from the tap to wash our cars, water the yard or fill any pools.

I heard there could be thunderstorms tonight, and cooler weather with possible local showers tomorrow (and I was just planning to tak the bike to attend the after-work event tomorrow evening -- indoor golf ).
    Oooh water restrictions, that's always fun. Gets even better when they start doing rolling blackouts because people are using so much electricity to run the air conditioning. One of the things I don't miss about Southern California.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Oooh water restrictions, that's always fun. Gets even better when they start doing rolling blackouts because people are using so much electricity to run the air conditioning. One of the things I don't miss about Southern California.
      No airconditioning in our apartment buildings or anywhere near us, so that won't be an issue.

And none, in our office building either... we have different kind of cooling system which basically means every floor has a different temperature going. The higher in the office building, the cooler it gets. I'm, unfortunately, on the first floor (from the ground floor).
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

The Sparky Force is strong with all of us!
        Love that!

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
        It is a spare desert, the ice cream is just a bonus.
        Lol, I think all my brain focused on was ice cream.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Well, that was a long nap...

Originally posted by itsaparadox View Post
          [IMG]http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r739/its-a-paradox/tumblrstuff_zpso61fi0fy.png[IMG]

Obviously this is from someone whose anti-sparky on tumblr, but it still gets me every single time when ppl watch sga and assume the writers were trying to make John and Elizabeth happen, not John/Teyla. I'm just like, 'You see! we weren't just seeing things! Even people who didn't like it could see it!'
          I seem to remember discussing SGA with a friend who also watched it and she made the observation that the main ship seemed to lean towards John/Elizabeth but that season 4-5 screwed up everything it never happened. And I just sat back and sipped my tea and did my darnedest to not launch into a "SPARKY IS AMAZEBALLS" sermon.

It is way too hot here this week. Mostly high 90s, and 100 degrees later this week.
          We had a horrible drought in Florida then it monsooned for the last two weeks. Missed the tropical storm here but the heat is back and insufferable. I was outside for 5 minutes just a little while ago and felt like I got heat exhaustion. Need to start carrying water with me all the time now.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
          Yeah actually I noticed that same thing here on Gateworld too. I think there was a Weir hater thread that had complained about all the times she flirted with him.

Also, wow, reading that makes me realize that even though I've participated a little in some shipper wars (or otherwise gotten into online arguments about my favorite couples) for one or two of my more recent ships, but I don't remember ever getting into one with Sparky or SGA. I guess when I first joined this thread I was content not to seek out any further online discussions about the subject. Good thing too. It's exhausting.
          Same. I try to avoid it at all costs just because I hate confrontation but if I get riled up enough, I'll say something and that's the end of that. And I just don't have enough brain cells to deal with the haters.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

*snorts* Clearly that poster has never heard of the 'slow burn' concept.

But seriously, if even those who didn't like it could see it...what the heck were the producers thinking in not going for it? They needed a refresher course in Storytelling 101: Go where the chemistry leads!
          True dat! I can think of at least one TV series where a character was supposed to be guest or recurring, but the actress had such good chemistry with the lead actor and the cast that they made her regular.

Of course, she now seems to show up in more anti KILL HER OFF posts on Tumblr than anybody I know. Just goes to show you can't make everybody happy.

Ah... where are them days... the spark was strong in all of us, defending that honor that did not need defending.

We're going strong still! The Sparky Force is still strong in this one.
          Heck yes we are!

Comment

Hello everyone! Waves hi!

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post

You might be able to upload it to Google docs and read it that way.
            That's a good idea!! Thanks. I'll try it later.

Originally posted by itsaparadox View Post

Obviously this is from someone whose anti-sparky on tumblr, but it still gets me every single time when ppl watch sga and assume the writers were trying to make John and Elizabeth happen, not John/Teyla. I'm just like, 'You see! we weren't just seeing things! Even people who didn't like it could see it!'
            I've seen stuff like this before too. I remember one post on Tumblr from a McShep fan who said Vegas was meant to show how John changed after the loss of Elizabeth. I dined on that one for a long time.

I think Sparky vs Sheyla is the only shipper-war, or disagreement I've ever been actively involved in.

Every ship I currently seem to like or love (see signature) seems to not have too many "haters" so I'm not finding many opposing views (unless I learned to finally avoid such places -- which wouild be remarkable).

Well I have seen McShep people handle Elizabeth terribly in supposedly "gen" fic on numerous occasions. That's why I just read Sparky fic unless it's something recommended by a Sparky fan.

Speaking of Tumblr, people over there in the Once Upon a Time fandom have been talking about how badly TPTB treated Stargate fandom. Never forgive. Never forget.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

No airconditioning in our apartment buildings or anywhere near us, so that won't be an issue.

And none, in our office building either... we have different kind of cooling system which basically means every floor has a different temperature going. The higher in the office building, the cooler it gets. I'm, unfortunately, on the first floor (from the ground floor).
              Interesting, I've never heard of a cooling system like that before! Definitely sucks to be lower in the building though.

Lol, I think all my brain focused on was ice cream.
              Me too.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
              Well, that was a long nap...
              LOL, heya you! Long time no see! *hugs*

I seem to remember discussing SGA with a friend who also watched it and she made the observation that the main ship seemed to lean towards John/Elizabeth but that season 4-5 screwed up everything it never happened. And I just sat back and sipped my tea and did my darnedest to not launch into a "SPARKY IS AMAZEBALLS" sermon.

Same. I try to avoid it at all costs just because I hate confrontation but if I get riled up enough, I'll say something and that's the end of that. And I just don't have enough brain cells to deal with the haters.
              I have the brain cells, but a lot of the time, I just don't have the patience.

True dat! I can think of at least one TV series where a character was supposed to be guest or recurring, but the actress had such good chemistry with the lead actor and the cast that they made her regular.

Of course, she now seems to show up in more anti KILL HER OFF posts on Tumblr than anybody I know. Just goes to show you can't make everybody happy.
              *snorts* Ain't that always the way?

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              Hello everyone! Waves hi!
              Hi! *waves frantically and hugs*

I've seen stuff like this before too. I remember one post on Tumblr from a McShep fan who said Vegas was meant to show how John changed after the loss of Elizabeth. I dined on that one for a long time.

Well I have seen McShep people handle Elizabeth terribly in supposedly "gen" fic on numerous occasions. That's why I just read Sparky fic unless it's something recommended by a Sparky fan.
              As have I. Less chance I'll break my teeth grinding them in indignation that way.

Speaking of Tumblr, people over there in the Once Upon a Time fandom have been talking about how badly TPTB treated Stargate fandom. Never forgive. Never forget.
              Yeah, I think quite a few of the big name fans in Elizabeth/Sparky fandom made their way to OUaT. And here I am in Marvel fandom, LOL!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday! So, did everyone manage to not melt over the weekend?

Comment

Heatwave passed us -- the weekend was much cooler and much more agreeable. However, as it turned out, I got a flu-bug from someone. Drove to work, and drove right back -- nope, no working today. That was 103km (or 64 miles) for nothing (total, there-and-back).

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday! So, did everyone manage to not melt over the weekend?
                        I embarked on the road trip from hell and ended up outrunning flood waters at every turn before I finally took refuge at a hotel with a fantastic bar. Fantastic might have been the cold beer talking though. It was desperately needed after that drive. Had to drive over a concrete median and turn around repeatedly as waters kept rising. Scary stuff, but I'm proud to say I managed to avoid being that person on the news. If you saw anyone standing on top of a white car in flood water it was not me. Promise. Now I'm in the cold North. Cold compared to the South, anyway.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

I didn't melt. It has been slightly cooler here, only in the high 80s today.
                          sigpic
                          Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Heatwave passed us -- the weekend was much cooler and much more agreeable. However, as it turned out, I got a flu-bug from someone. Drove to work, and drove right back -- nope, no working today. That was 103km (or 64 miles) for nothing (total, there-and-back).
                            Ack! Hope you're feeling better soon!

I embarked on the road trip from hell and ended up outrunning flood waters at every turn before I finally took refuge at a hotel with a fantastic bar. Fantastic might have been the cold beer talking though. It was desperately needed after that drive. Had to drive over a concrete median and turn around repeatedly as waters kept rising. Scary stuff, but I'm proud to say I managed to avoid being that person on the news. If you saw anyone standing on top of a white car in flood water it was not me. Promise. Now I'm in the cold North. Cold compared to the South, anyway.
                            Glad you're okay, that sounds like one scary-ass trip!

I didn't melt. It has been slightly cooler here, only in the high 80s today.
                            That sounds almost tolerable. Almost.

As for us, it's cooling off into more normal temperatures this week. And even better, the long range forecast has been revised to a more normal July rather than hotter than normal. August and September still look hotter than normal, though. I thought we moved up here to get away from the hot weather, LOL!

Comment

IT RAINED TODAY!!!

Not much, but enough to make the flora happy. I could almost hear them sucking the water out of the ground.

Also, still sick today and no free space for a doctor's appointment. So instead I have one tomorrow and all I can do then is tell the good doctor that I was sick the past few days. I didn't think I'd still feel crappy today so I didn't make an appointment for today (we can stay one day off work without a note) -- she's gonna be disappointed. Unless, I still feel crappy tomorrow but I doubt it. Been feeling better throughout the day.

Comment

It gotten cooler up here in Canada these last few days. Plus, the North American version "hot" is still relative.
                                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                                X