No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay I finally saw "Defiant one" today...and i really should be sleeping, but i have to say this first.

Spoiler:
    I think i saw some ship...like we've observed in previous eps... Shep can talk Weir into anything and he does it again. And Weir knows it too...and Rodney knows it...because when he is convincing Weir to search the planet....he mouths to Shep to "help me" in convincing Weir.

And in this cap...weir shakes her head after she gives in to shep again.

And later when she sends a rescue team as a "precaution"...we all know that she knows Sheppard's gonna need some help as usual. And of course she wants him back in one piece.
    ~Athena

Comment

I've only seen the first four episodes of Atlantis so far, and though I do really enjoy the Sheppard/Weir conversations, I can't say I've really noticed a potential ship yet. I'm not opposing your viewpoint or anything, but as an ignorant person who hasn't seen the episodes, what has happened that would lead towards you supporting a relationship between these two characters in particular? Just curious!

Comment

I'm joining in here a little late...I'm still undecided about whether or not I'm completely for Sheppard/Weir ship, but I do see that potential for it. I'm also not sure if I want to be in the same boat (heh) again if they do with it what they've been doing with S/J...I'm not sure I can go through it all over again!

But I figure I might as well hang around here and see what happens....

Comment

Originally posted by aeromathlete
          I've only seen the first four episodes of Atlantis so far, and though I do really enjoy the Sheppard/Weir conversations, I can't say I've really noticed a potential ship yet. I'm not opposing your viewpoint or anything, but as an ignorant person who hasn't seen the episodes, what has happened that would lead towards you supporting a relationship between these two characters in particular? Just curious!
          I detailed some of it in my first few posts in the thread... but I'll take a stab at it more generally.

It's really not clear by the point y'all have seen in the UK. You'll notice that this thread didn't start up until recently and everyone in it seems sort of surprised to be here. There are hints of it in earlier episodes when you go back specifically looking for it, and it's never as obvious as the Jack/Sam ship was, but from about Underground, Home, and The Storm/The Eye on it's hard to miss.

Comment

An here I am...

taking my first steps into another ship thread.

Liz (it's quicker that typing Elizabeth) and John - perfect couple.

They look great together!

I'm still not 100% sure which Atlantis ship I will follow, but this is definitely in the running!
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

I've just realise something....

My parents are called Liz and John...

Spooky...

I'm SURE it's a sign!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
                I'm joining in here a little late...I'm still undecided about whether or not I'm completely for Sheppard/Weir ship, but I do see that potential for it. I'm also not sure if I want to be in the same boat (heh) again if they do with it what they've been doing with S/J...I'm not sure I can go through it all over again!

But I figure I might as well hang around here and see what happens....

((((((((shelfc))))))))))

Welcome!

Here's what I think, I think Weir and Sheppard because of their respective leader roles will need to form a close relationship, whether or not it turns romantically shippy I don't know. However, that could all be handled in fanfic and in fandom and the PTB can keep them close on screen (in whatever way). In many ways the worst thing they could do, is introduce it, and then pull back like they did with Sam and Jack. However, it's early days, and some of us are having fun projecting...

Almost win/win!!

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                  I've just realise something....

My parents are called Liz and John...

Spooky...

I'm SURE it's a sign!
                  It is! Stay and play!!!

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                    It is! Stay and play!!!
                    I think I will!

Now, being very new to Atlantis, and still being devoted to SG1...I am unspoiled for Atlantis (apart from knowing Poisoning the Well's a Beckett ep )

What's gonna happen to our Atlantis shippy twosome????

Go on...Indulge me!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aeromathlete
                      Major Fischer already directed you to a few episodes which haven't aired in the UK, but I'd like to second "The Eye". I explained a few scenes in some detail, along with pictures, here. After that, Liv and I did discuss how some of Sheppard's actions could have been the same for other members of the expedition, but we were agreed that it was hard to interpret the last scene in any other light.
                      Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                      Last update: 14 April 2006
                      Melyanna's Multimedia
                      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                        I think I will!

Now, being very new to Atlantis, and still being devoted to SG1...I am unspoiled for Atlantis (apart from knowing Poisoning the Well's a Beckett ep )

What's gonna happen to our Atlantis shippy twosome????

Go on...Indulge me!
                        Well, if you really want to know... "The Eye"
                        Spoiler:
                        John is led to believe that Lizzie's been killed in cold blood. He goes on a bit of a killing spree after learning this. I'm going to give you this link, which is my post on the shippy scenes of the episode. Complete with art.

Glad to see you've joined the dark side, Sue.
                        Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                        Last update: 14 April 2006
                        Melyanna's Multimedia
                        Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                          ((((((((shelfc))))))))))

Welcome!

Here's what I think, I think Weir and Sheppard because of their respective leader roles will need to form a close relationship, whether or not it turns romantically shippy I don't know. However, that could all be handled in fanfic and in fandom and the PTB can keep them close on screen (in whatever way). In many ways the worst thing they could do, is introduce it, and then pull back like they did with Sam and Jack. However, it's early days, and some of us are having fun projecting...

Almost win/win!!
                          I like those odds!!!
                          I think I can deal with that...after six episodes, I can already see myself being a Sheppard/Weir shipper, so I suppose that's a good start.
                          In any case, I think you're right that they will need to form a close relationship because of their respective roles, so for the moment at least, I'm quite happy to watch that develop.
                          I don't know if that really makes me a shipper but I'm heading in the right direction!!

Comment

Hello everyone i am new to the gateworld forum and i just wanted to say that i cant wait to see if a John/Liz ship develops. I really hope it does i really like it. I have to agree with alot of the post their are thes little things that you might notice in some of the episodes that support the ship

Comment

Originally posted by mjk306
                              Hello everyone i am new to the gateworld forum and i just wanted to say that i cant wait to see if a John/Liz ship develops. I really hope it does i really like it. I have to agree with alot of the post their are thes little things that you might notice in some of the episodes that support the ship
                              Welcome mjk306

I too can't wait to see how they develop this relationship.

Comment

No! I'm not going to do it! I'm not going to get dragged into shipping for another doomed romance! I'm sure the ole' 'It wouldn't be right for us as Commander and 2IC to get together' would be dragged out again for these two, even if their dynamic *is* the reverse of S/J... and there aren't, techncially any *regs* issues.
                                Lalalalala!! *Fingers in ears...*
                                It's too late. I've not even seen an episode of Atlantis yet and I've been converted by the pictures in people's sigs!!

Comment

Working...
                                X